Forum Settings
Forums
New
Apr 16, 2016 9:42 AM

Mar 2016
i'm new to manga and plan on going to a book shop to have a proper look but is there anything short i can whiz through online until then? any genre
Apr 16, 2016 9:46 AM
Mar 2015
I really liked Omoide Emanon. It has just 1 volume (9 chapters).

MAL link: http://myanimelist.net/manga/17465/Omoide_Emanon
Apr 16, 2016 9:49 AM

Mar 2016
lequack said:

sounds interesting thanks so much! i'll start it now
Apr 16, 2016 9:52 AM
Mar 2015
lisajay said:
lequack said:

No problem. I hope you enjoy reading it. Also I forgot to mention - I think there is nudity in one page at the beginning of the manga but the story itself has no nudity or female fanservice of any kind.
Apr 16, 2016 10:32 AM

Mar 2016
lequack said:
lisajay said:

No problem. I hope you enjoy reading it. Also I forgot to mention - I think there is nudity in one page at the beginning of the manga but the story itself has no nudity or female fanservice of any kind.

just finished the first chapter it's really good :-) what made you mention that haha?
lisajayApr 16, 2016 11:19 AM
Apr 16, 2016 10:55 AM
Mar 2015
lisajay said:
lequack said:

just finished the first chapter it's really good :-) what made you mention that haha?

I said that because some people might have a problem with nudity. They might not be old enough or they may just not like it. In my opinion a lot of anime and manga have been ruined because of fanservice and I have seen/read very few of them that have managed to portray sex and nudity in a mature manner. I just thought it was worth mentioning since you might not like nudity or fanservice.

Anyway I'm glad you liked the manga :)
Apr 16, 2016 10:59 AM
Jul 2018
Hanshin is my favorite one-shot. It is old, with the characteristic art from the old-school shōjo.
It is rather heavy, despite its 15 pages.

That mangaka (Moto Hagio) did a lot of good short manga, so if you like Hanshin, I encourage you to try her other works. :)

/me try to sell her favorite mangaka.
Apr 16, 2016 11:25 AM

Nov 2013
Gokiburi Buster
myanimelist.net/manga/87987/Gokiburi_Buster
Apr 16, 2016 11:43 AM

Mar 2016
lequack said:
lisajay said:

I said that because some people might have a problem with nudity. They might not be old enough or they may just not like it. In my opinion a lot of anime and manga have been ruined because of fanservice and I have seen/read very few of them that have managed to portray sex and nudity in a mature manner. I just thought it was worth mentioning since you might not like nudity or fanservice.

Anyway I'm glad you liked the manga :)

yeah i really liked it the end felt rushed after reading a long conversation between them i was paranoid there were pages missing and i'd skipped ahead haha but once i finished i was happy with how it ended i'm glad there's another two for me to read now i need more answers!

and yup i agree
Apr 16, 2016 12:04 PM

Mar 2016
lady_freyja said:
Hanshin is my favorite one-shot. It is old, with the characteristic art from the old-school shōjo.

That mangaka (Moto Hagio) did a lot of good short manga, so if you like Hanshin, I encourage you to try her other works. :)

/me try to sell her favorite mangaka.

that was amazing i just finished it! when i read the description of an ugly intelligent girl and beautiful simple minded girl i was like hmmm haha but no that was great thanks for recommending! i'll check out the other stuff
Apr 16, 2016 12:06 PM

Jun 2015
Hanshi...t-too late.
Apr 16, 2016 1:23 PM

May 2010
Glad that more people appreciate Hanshin, it was terrific <3

As for other one-shots, I enjoyed Hideout and Bradherley no Basha, but both are kinda creepy and dark stories, so be careful if you are sensitive.
Apr 16, 2016 1:45 PM

Mar 2016
BonerBender said:
Gokiburi Buster
myanimelist.net/manga/87987/Gokiburi_Buster

added it to my list thanks!

Lordwen said:
Hanshi...t-too late.

Kitsu-nee said:

As for other one-shots, I enjoyed Hideout and Bradherley no Basha, but both are kinda creepy and dark stories, so be careful if you are sensitive.

i loved it!

ah yeah i had a look at someone's manga list and noticed hideout it sounds really good but i'll have a look at the other one too thank you thank you

//edit// yeah i just read the reviews for the second one i really hope if you recommend it to more people that you mention what happens because it would extremely triggering for a rape survivor to start reading
lisajayApr 16, 2016 2:36 PM
Apr 16, 2016 2:47 PM

May 2010
lisajay said:
Kitsu-nee said:

//edit// yeah i just read the reviews for the second one i really hope if you recommend it to more people that you mention what happens because it would extremely triggering for a rape survivor to start reading

Well yeah, I can't really assume that any person to whom I recommend manga is a rape victim, all I can do is to mention that it's NSFW and not for sensitive people. But I always remember to do it :)
Apr 16, 2016 2:58 PM

Aug 2015
All you need is kill, it's only 2 volumes. Read it if you enjoy action manga.
Apr 16, 2016 6:32 PM
Aug 2013
Solanin and A girl by the sea, good manga by Asano Inio which is not very long.

I also recommend Orange, a really good shoujo/sci-fi manga.
Apr 16, 2016 7:46 PM

Oct 2015
You can try Once Again & Kamisama ga Uso wo Tsuku. They're both under 7 chapters.
If you're reading this, then you be should banana the one often to effectively die apples through convergence, autism plus unicorns.
Apr 17, 2016 12:25 AM

Jun 2013
Hoshi no Koe is really good ^^ A classic shoujo : REC - The Day You Cried is also a must read as well as Watashi-tachi no Shiawase na Jikan. BTW..prepare for a lot of feels if yuo are going to read any of these ;)
ViktorijaApr 17, 2016 12:31 AM
Apr 17, 2016 8:20 AM
Apr 2016
I liked 'game over' for a short manga. But it's a romance between a younger male and older woman.
Apr 17, 2016 12:18 PM

Apr 2012
I really enjoyed I'm the Protagonist of a Harem Manga, but I'm Gay so My Life Sucks. One of my favorite one shot manga.
Apr 17, 2016 3:52 PM

Mar 2016
eliaskbs said:
Solanin and A girl by the sea, good manga by Asano Inio which is not very long.

I also recommend Orange, a really good shoujo/sci-fi manga.

they both sound really good thanks i've added them to my list :-) and yeah i'd looked at orange i just started reading it!

plebster said:
You can try Once Again & Kamisama ga Uso wo Tsuku. They're both under 7 chapters.

thank you! love the sound of the first one i've added them both to my list

lavidera said:
I liked 'game over' for a short manga. But it's a romance between a younger male and older woman.

haha i liked the description "a middle school BOY" yes you read that right a young BOY sounds great i'll read it thank you
Apr 17, 2016 4:03 PM

Mar 2016

i just read the reviews and this sounds hilarious thank you! i'm really excited for this one

Forever-a-mole said:
Samenai Yume. Only if you like yaoi and dark stuff though. Also seconding Moto Hagio's stuff. She has done a lot of short but sweet mangas. There's also an English published collection of some of her shorts called A Drunken Dream and Other Stories if you are interested. : )

thanks i've added it :-) yeah i'm so happy people have recommended her work i've started reading more of it and it's amazing so i'm definitely interested thank youuu

Spurgiukas5 said:
Hoshi no Koe is really good ^^ A classic shoujo : REC - The Day You Cried is also a must read as well as Watashi-tachi no Shiawase na Jikan. BTW..prepare for a lot of feels if yuo are going to read any of these ;)

they sound great i'll read them all :-) and oh no haha i'll try and read something different inbetween each of them then aha! thank you!
Apr 17, 2016 5:52 PM
Apr 2016
lisajay said:

lavidera said:

haha i liked the description "a middle school BOY" yes you read that right a young BOY sounds great i'll read it thank you

hahaha well good thing it's fictional, but it's really sweat IMO.
Apr 17, 2016 7:17 PM
Jun 2014
Ok I know this one was already mentioned but I have to give watashtachi no shiwase na jinkan a second tribute. It's incredibly short (only 8 chapters) but by the end of it, it'll have felt like a lifetime. It's extremely rare to find a manga this concise to be as thorough and emotionally invoking as it was. I strongly recommend this one, but with a warning. It deals with some pretty heavy issues and I have yet to find someone who was able to get through it without shedding at least one tear.
May 8, 2016 11:15 AM

Jul 2015
http://myanimelist.net/manga/44267/Baka_ga_Zenra_de_Yattekuru
2 volumes with 9 chapters in total. It's simply mindfuck. It's really good.

Ane is OK as well. Around 25 chapters.

http://myanimelist.net/manga/15242/Natsu_no_Zenjitsu
This one is a bit mature as it contains some nudity and sex scenes. It's 38 chapters. I don't know if that counts as short, but the story and the characters really moved me in a way that I haven't in a long time. You should try it.
I HAVE TWO RULES:

RULE ONE: I'M ALWAYS RIGHT
RULE TWO: IF I'M WRONG, REFER TO RULE ONE...
May 10, 2016 11:03 PM

Mar 2016
TwilightSymphony said:
Ok I know this one was already mentioned but I have to give watashtachi no shiwase na jinkan a second tribute. It's incredibly short (only 8 chapters) but by the end of it, it'll have felt like a lifetime. It's extremely rare to find a manga this concise to be as thorough and emotionally invoking as it was. I strongly recommend this one, but with a warning. It deals with some pretty heavy issues and I have yet to find someone who was able to get through it without shedding at least one tear.

i've just started reading it!

Sifr said:
http://myanimelist.net/manga/44267/Baka_ga_Zenra_de_Yattekuru
2 volumes with 9 chapters in total. It's simply mindfuck. It's really good.

Ane is OK as well. Around 25 chapters.

http://myanimelist.net/manga/15242/Natsu_no_Zenjitsu
This one is a bit mature as it contains some nudity and sex scenes. It's 38 chapters. I don't know if that counts as short, but the story and the characters really moved me in a way that I haven't in a long time. You should try it.

thanks! added to my list :-)
May 10, 2016 11:30 PM

Oct 2013

Thread Moved from Manga Discussion to the Anime & Manga Recommendations Board.
Please use the Anime & Manga Recommendations Board to ask the community for series recommendations.
May 12, 2016 12:27 PM
Jul 2018
lady_freyja said:

This was the first title that popped into my mind when reading the OP.

But here's some recommendations:

One shots
The Willow Tree
Another great Hagio Moto-short.
The Enigma of Amigara Fault
Like horror? This one is a classic piece, a meme even.
Hotel
Another one that is considered as classic, it's a short sci-fi story.

One / two volume long
Helter Skelter
One of my favorite josei-manga ever. Vile but you can't stop looking, like a car crash.
Kiss Wood
If you don't mind manhwa, this is a good fantasy piece.
Majo
Atmospheric, has great and detailed artwork. Also, witches.

More topics from this board

» Anime recommendations please

MeZaDefined - Apr 24

3 by Dariat »»
1 hour ago

» Any anime with a despicable/contemptible villain?

Gfralp - 11 hours ago

7 by H_Castaigne »»
1 hour ago

» looking for anime recommendations from people who has similar taste

windyshadow - Apr 21

22 by windyshadow »»
5 hours ago

» Please recommend anime that has plot/tone/genre/theme of sci-fi/futuristic/post apocalyptic/modern times + fantasy/medieval/magic/old times?

Donkunsan - Apr 18

33 by Donkunsan »»
5 hours ago

» RomCom Suggestions for someone who's seen a lot of em

Benassiesto - Yesterday

7 by Tsuyatoash »»
10 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.