Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Apr 9, 2016 3:50 AM

Mar 2014
What I mean is are you watching this, genuinely looking for a decent horror/thriller/ drama show, or are you watching it to see how ridiculous things will get and get a good laugh out of the result? Most of my friends sseem to be doing the latter, so I was curious about how many other people were doing the same.

Me personally I'm watching it both ways to an extent. I'm trying to believe this will be decent at whatever it tries to do, but I also am trying to get lols out of it ssince looking at this horror/ thriller in a comedy perspective seemed like an interesting thing to try.

OK I'm done making threads here for a while lol, sorry for so many
"Fuck this shit, fun things are fun!"
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 9, 2016 4:08 AM
Jul 2018
A bit of both so far, the show is purposely making fun of itself and other horror anime trends (that opening in the first episode made me lol), so it's gonna have a lot of stuff we're used to but I think it's there to make us laugh.

On the the other hand, it's probably gonna get really seriously and dark at the end, all the dramatic scene's with "Mitsumune" are a clue, things are gonna get serious fast.

So it's a weird divide but I think people will have fun no matter what.
Apr 9, 2016 4:46 AM
Jul 2018
In all honesty, I am just watching this for the memes, shit and giggles.

Apr 9, 2016 5:04 AM

May 2010
Trying to take it seriously but its not working out sofar...
Apr 9, 2016 5:15 AM

Jul 2010
How ridiculous things will get ? It's been completely ridiculous even before the OP of the first episode. I only had to watch the first half to realize that every character was a retard, and to tell a friend he might like Mayoiga for the lulz. Also, check that, MC-kun got 2deep4u hallucinations.

I don't believe it's gonna become dark or anything. The characters are already failing so hard at pretending to be "dark" themselves, there is hardly any way the plot won't follow the same trend.
Apr 9, 2016 7:28 AM

Feb 2014
Was hoping for a cool thriller full of dead bodies but unless they complete turn the atmosphere around next ep, I'll be here watching for giggles.
Apr 9, 2016 7:37 AM

Mar 2015
Actually taking it seriously lol because the atmosphere they set up is pretty great and it gives off those kinds of suspense vibes.
“Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost. That is alchemy's first law of Equivalent Exchange. In those days, we really believed that to be the world's one, and only, truth. But the world isn't perfect, and the law is incomplete..." -Alphonse Elric

"Then and now, what I protect has never changed!" -Sakata Gintoki

I'll take anything like The Pet Girl of Sakurasou. Anything as good as that.
Apr 9, 2016 7:40 AM

Jul 2013
A bit of both I think and I'm leaning more on the latter though I don't really mind either way... Why so serious? lol

Apr 9, 2016 7:41 AM

Nov 2012
well i'm certainly not watching it because of its serious dark atmosphere. :p
Apr 9, 2016 8:43 AM

Feb 2016
I was hoping for the former but im not sure where this show is even going rn
Apr 9, 2016 8:56 AM

Jun 2013
I was taking it seriously until Misaki blew chunks on the bus driver.

Also, Manbe and his wife Pita bread or whatever her name is ruins any seriousness for me.

Still, one can still hope for death, gore and betrayal.
臭い-
Apr 9, 2016 9:11 AM

Oct 2015
It doesn't seem 100% serious, I don't know, we'll see I guess.
Apr 9, 2016 9:55 AM

Oct 2014
As pretty much everyone else has said, I'm doing a bit of both. It seems very interesting to me. Although, I do have a small habit of liking anime that aren't very well received. Classroom Crisis and Koufuku Grafiti coming to mind. So maybe my opinion isn't worth very much here...

It has its comedic moments, but you can tell that there are going to be some serious moments too. But even if it isn't 100% serious, I don't really think that's necessarily a bad thing? Never did get why everything has to be so serious for some people.

Keep in mind though, there have been anime that start off goofy, but then get serious after a while. Steins;Gate comes to mind.
Apr 9, 2016 11:37 AM

Apr 2015
I'm taking it serious for now,there doesn't seem to be too many funny scenes anyway...It's only been 2 eps and I have hope this will turn out good in the end.
Apr 9, 2016 12:33 PM

Sep 2014
I don't think this show is supposed to be taken as a thriller/horror anime. Really, it doesn't look like one and I don't understand those who laugh at it saying that the show fails at being serious. It's not a serious anime to begin with and the show truly is aware of it. It is a mystery show, not a horror thriller.

This anime is trying to make itself the most interesting by creating an intense atmosphere, by adding tensions between the group and by including mysteries in the story. There are funny scenes in which we can understand that the show is not supposed to be 100% serious.

I'm enjoying this anime a lot the way it is presented. This anime is really entertaining.
Apr 9, 2016 12:45 PM

Dec 2012
I'm trying to, I really am. xD But the cringe doesn't help. xD
Apr 9, 2016 12:50 PM

Aug 2015
both options don't work for me. I watch it for mystery and I expect no horror from it.
Apr 9, 2016 1:13 PM

Dec 2015
Huge company drugged/brainwashed people and made them going to the village and now they are doing secret experiments and broadcasting the stuff. Of course the chars don't know about it. And politicians/police are paid to ignore the village.

Maybe thats how it is. Lol. Later they get rid of the people. (Would explain why the village was empty. If they all died there would have bodies been left. If they just left the village I don't think all of them would have kept quiet - at least 1 should have talked and made the village public. Of course 1 could have killed all the others then disposed of the bodies, left the village and kept quiet. Let's see. Episode 2 seemed more like survival/monster thing which imo is boring.)
Apr 9, 2016 1:36 PM

Apr 2011
I'm watching because I'm hoping that there is some horror elements and for the lolz
Apr 9, 2016 1:59 PM

Nov 2013
PaiiNy said:
I think every person watching this for the laughs and shit needs to get the fuck out :p I don't think the producers want us to look at this as some joke. But rather as a good Drama and Mystery show that we can enjoy due to the excitement and stuff and as a fucking joke.

I'll take this seriously as I do with every show, no matter the characters.

Comparing it to different communities is just cringe-worthy.

take this, it will help you
the official MAL hall of fame/cursed comments is now open for business - you are welcome to PM me any potential quotes to include
Apr 9, 2016 2:09 PM

Jul 2013
Both
Some bits are serious and some bits are funny.
No need for extremes.
Apr 9, 2016 2:09 PM
Jul 2018
A little bit of both, I'll admit that I was drawn to it to begin with because I enjoy the PA Works esque art style, so if it fails badly on a storytelling level I'll at least have something acceptable to look at, although I'm really hoping it doesn't.

There have been a few cringe moments and all the other characters are better than our MC, who is a little... too much of a naivete, putting that into perspective maybe he's actually insane, or will progressively become it as time goes by. I just imagine him pulling a latter version Mikado Ryuugamine turn in a few episodes.

I think it's really a combination of both, because even as there have been some "eh" moments I'm still wanting to see what direction it goes in genuinely

i'm glad i wasn't the only one who thought of it kind of being Reddit / MAL on a bus: The Anime, at first though. How else do you describe a wide variety of potential crazy?
Apr 9, 2016 2:11 PM
Jul 2018
Mix of both. I think they've been balancing it well so far.
Apr 9, 2016 2:49 PM

Apr 2012
Honestly, I have no idea why I'm still watching this. xDD These characters are so dumb I just simply can't not watch them xDD
Apr 9, 2016 3:00 PM

Sep 2015
A little bit of both so far.

I was expecting a thriller/drama with a dark atmosphere, but I got lulz instead. Is not necessarily bad, but it's not what I expected. Although, I think it's too soon to judge, there's only two aired episodes atm and we don't know how it's going to turn out.
NasalShark said:
I'd love to squeeze your nipples until they look like a purple slushie, Senpai.

Apr 9, 2016 4:25 PM

Dec 2012
I don't watch anything for the ''lulz'' because I'm not toxic.

I'm taking the show as serious as it taking itself. For now it seems to be build up with a relatively mild atmosphere. Enjoyed the second episode. I think there are two directions the show will go into and both look good to me.

First direction and approach is it's going to be about how people interact when forming a new society (much like Sucide Island), I would very much like this option because it touches upon human minds, how they behave in groups and how they behave with no law. A human study where all the signs of danger are just red herrings.

Second is an actual thriller with something sinister surrounding the village like a dark past.
Apr 9, 2016 5:43 PM
Apr 2014
Only watching it for the lolz tbh
How can you take anyone in the fucking bus seriously? They're all fucking retarded beyond belief abandonning their convenient life and going to a haunted village expecting to start anew.
Apr 9, 2016 7:43 PM

Jul 2013
For lolz of course
Apr 9, 2016 7:49 PM

Aug 2009
I'd be more surprised if people were watching it seriously.

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself."
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Apr 9, 2016 10:28 PM

Oct 2008
Dunno but bus driver-san best boy
>User since 2008
Please god help me quit this website.

Such great community that doesn't even know how demographics work, AND gives """detailed"""" reviews after first episodes.

Apr 9, 2016 10:33 PM

Nov 2014
Drop, if people will start dying I will continue.

Apr 9, 2016 11:22 PM
Feb 2014
bekeru said:
Dunno but bus driver-san best boy
since he won't appear again (my guess) then it's time to drop this show
Apr 10, 2016 4:34 AM

Apr 2009
Can anyone actually watch this seriously? Everyone I know burst out laughing at least a few times during episode 1 alone, for me this is the best unintentional comedy of the season.
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Apr 10, 2016 4:42 AM

Sep 2015
The puker and that married couple and that needlessly intense fgt and the cute faces prevent me from taking it seriously as horror so far. Watching for lulz rn
Apr 10, 2016 4:46 AM

Mar 2014
ExTamplier said:
Drop, if people will start dying I will continue.

I'l let you know if that does happen
"Fuck this shit, fun things are fun!"
Apr 10, 2016 5:48 AM
Oct 2009
Like most people, it's a bit of both for me. I enjoy making fun of the characters and the over-the-top moments, but I do have some curiosity as to what will happen and whas the "truth" about Nanaki-mura is.
Apr 10, 2016 8:28 AM

Sep 2014
Nidhoeggr said:
the best unintentional comedy of the season.

What makes you think that it is unintentional?
Apr 12, 2016 12:30 AM

Jan 2013
Honestly, I'm mostly watching this because I'm expecting a train wreck (or should I say, a bus wreck? har har) to come a-rollin'.
Apr 15, 2016 5:25 PM

Dec 2014
Both I guess. I don't really know what I'm expecting.
Apr 15, 2016 8:54 PM

Apr 2013
Watch this turn into Another by the end. It'll be bloody hilarious.
Apr 15, 2016 11:51 PM
Sep 2013
Lil-Bird said:

i'd hang the dogs on the writers then.

i hope it'll be a good mystery with some kind of normal explanation (i don't know... virus, bacteria, some military experiments), but the worst thing that could possibly happen will be some kind of supernatural explanation you couldn't even possibly think of.
Apr 15, 2016 11:56 PM
Jul 2018
this seems to be wrong, i meant the poll here
Genre of this anime is Drama & Mystery, where's the horror here?
Apr 16, 2016 12:02 AM

Jul 2014
Seems likely to be both of the poll's options rolled into one. At least, that's how I'm taking it at this point.
Apr 16, 2016 12:06 AM
Sep 2013
tehReggie said:
Lil-Bird said:

i'd hang the dogs on the writers then.

i hope it'll be a good mystery with some kind of normal explanation (i don't know... virus, bacteria, some military experiments), but the worst thing that could possibly happen will be some kind of supernatural explanation you couldn't even possibly think of.

ok, i have the next one - killing each other with no reason.

gash, i hope in one ep the Romeo and Julliet would commit a funny suicide or something like that :D
Apr 19, 2016 12:36 PM

Oct 2013
Now that we are done with EP 3 I have given up on watching it seriously. It's very hard for me to watch - too much shouting and screeching, too much retarded decision making, etc. At least Yottsun, the rapper douche, is KIA, now I'm hoping Jack the Slasher boy knifes or mattocks pirate boy. If I were at the Lost Village I would bully pirate boy until he hanged himself.
Apr 20, 2016 5:16 AM
Oct 2014
I wanted to take it seriously, the whole premise made me think it would be a deep, psychological anime with tons of deaths by the end. I mean, really, a bus-full of psychos go on a trip to an abandoned village. What could possibly go wrong? Episode 1 was good. They were all cheerful, after all they were going to start a new life. It had an optimistic tone, but it fit into my expectations.

Episode 2 was when I started having bad feelings. Too much lulz and SoL highschool anime bullshit that didn't fit into the setting, not enough character development. Episode 3 was just a continuation of that, though by the end SOMETHING started happening. I feel EP 2 & 3 should be condensed into one episode.

I really hope they are done with introductions and go down the darker path and blood starts to flow in the next episode. I'm not ready to give up on Mayoiga just yet, since it's pretty much the only anime I was looking forward to this season. But honestly, I'm not surprised plenty of people are disappointed.
Apr 24, 2016 10:15 AM

Jan 2016
This series is the simbol of nonsense but I'll keep to watch it. It's too ridicolous and the characters are stupid, but it's so funny XD
Apr 25, 2016 5:37 AM

Apr 2015
honestly, before started watching this i thought it would be a serious show, but so far (watched 3 episodes) i'm not taking it seriously because it looks more like a parody of horror shows.

The characters are very stupid but i think they are doing this on purpose. That's why i 'm enjoying so much. The couple, for example, it's a typical couple that appears in that genre of show and eventually will die.
Apr 25, 2016 8:31 AM

Jan 2016
sun123 said:
The couple, for example, it's a typical couple that appears in that genre of show and eventually will die.

I already guess how they will die.
Apr 25, 2016 1:27 PM
Dec 2015
To be honest I feel like its a good horror, but I also feel like its reddit on a bus. The question is, can't it be both?

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mayoiga Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 17, 2016

412 by _MushiRock11_ »»
Feb 23, 4:17 PM

» 2 years later: what's so bad about this show?

XXXXXXXXXIII - Nov 15, 2018

16 by MeanEYE »»
Jan 15, 4:40 PM

Poll: » Mayoiga Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 15, 2016

394 by Yugesai »»
Jan 9, 12:05 AM

Poll: » Mayoiga Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 10, 2016

200 by Ratris_Decision »»
Dec 7, 2023 9:53 PM

Poll: » Mayoiga Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 6, 2016

303 by Ratris_Decision »»
Dec 6, 2023 4:07 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.