Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Apr 12, 2016 10:43 AM

Nov 2012
kurokitty-mimi said:
Helbram said:
Is this going to be a shotacon? Please no...

I could live with shotacon, it's the fact that it's actually a kid and the age gap that bothers me
You do realize what shotacon is right?
Apr 12, 2016 10:52 AM

Mar 2015
gente said:

And did you just say nobody has to care about LGBT issues when it's fictional? Lol.

I said two things:

1. Most BL mangaka don't care about LGBT rights.

This explains itself. Just browse trough the BL section. A lot of titles are sex focused. And even those with a plot seldom touch LGBT rights (except for the trope 'fly to the U.S. to marry' et al.).

2. BL mangaka don't have to promote LGBT rights in their works.

A manga isn't the place to discuss politics. It's a fictional work for entertainment. Considering the situation in Japan, LGBT rights aren't that important there. They cherish their traditional values. And they have every right to do so.

---------------

Addendum: Yes, I still don't care if people change their minds to agree with me. I just like to debunk obvious nonsense. If people are creeped out, so be it. I just don't understand a) why they even watch it and b) why they bother to state that they're creeped out a million times.

[Please excuse my English, it's not my first language.]
HelenusApr 12, 2016 10:56 AM
Apr 12, 2016 11:47 AM
Jul 2018
Ioryogi-kun said:
@Helenus Probably about
Besides, I don't think Tanuki will be in the very next episode.

I'm calling it now! Someone will say Haru 'infects' them with his creepy ways XD Or they 'imitates' him. Whichever sounds creepier and more imaginative. In fact, I think I'm gonna stay up to watch when it first airs so I can be the one who says it first~

Apr 12, 2016 1:24 PM

Sep 2015
atrophaneurae said:
Ioryogi-kun said:
@Helenus Probably about
Besides, I don't think Tanuki will be in the very next episode.

I'm calling it now! Someone will say Haru 'infects' them with his creepy ways XD Or they 'imitates' him. Whichever sounds creepier and more imaginative. In fact, I think I'm gonna stay up to watch when it first airs so I can be the one who says it first~

Now that you're bringing it up, the both of them are exactly like Rin and Yukio... Interesting. And yeah, it couldn't be helped, especially since Sensei herself likes her MCs look younger than they actually are (Shino, Ren, Takara...)

Now I'm off to read the newly released chapter 24 XD
Apr 12, 2016 1:30 PM

May 2015
Helbram said:
kurokitty-mimi said:

I could live with shotacon, it's the fact that it's actually a kid and the age gap that bothers me

A shota is the male counterpart of a loli; someone that looks younger than they really are, thus being considered cute.

There's a difference in looking younger and actually being younger.

Card Album!
Apr 12, 2016 1:31 PM

Mar 2015
Ioryogi-kun said:
atrophaneurae said:

Now that you're bringing it up, the both of them are exactly like Rin and Yukio... Interesting. And yeah, it couldn't be helped, especially since Sensei herself likes her MCs look younger than they actually are (Shino, Ren, Takara...)

Now I'm off to read the newly released chapter 24 XD

Read it earlier today. There are some parallels to our discussion in this thread. Children psychology :D
Apr 12, 2016 1:43 PM

Nov 2012
kurokitty-mimi said:
Helbram said:

A shota is the male counterpart of a loli; someone that looks younger than they really are, thus being considered cute.

There's a big difference between Shota and ShotaCON too. Quoting wikipedia: "Shotacon (ショタコン shotakon?), short for Shōtarō complex (正太郎コンプレックス shōtarō konpurekkusu?), is Japanese slang describing an ATTRACTION TO YOUNG BOYS".
A character being attracted to and romancing people with childlike bodies is still the same concept as a character being attracted to children by the way. With the exception of maturity there is really no difference and unless the character attracted to the shota actually knows him, they can't tell he is a teen / adult.
Apr 12, 2016 4:25 PM

May 2015
Helbram said:
kurokitty-mimi said:

There's a big difference between Shota and ShotaCON too. Quoting wikipedia: "Shotacon (ショタコン shotakon?), short for Shōtarō complex (正太郎コンプレックス shōtarō konpurekkusu?), is Japanese slang describing an ATTRACTION TO YOUNG BOYS".
A character being attracted to and romancing people with childlike bodies is still the same concept as a character being attracted to children by the way. With the exception of maturity there is really no difference and unless the character attracted to the shota actually knows him, they can't tell he is a teen / adult.

That wasn't my understanding of it, but thanks! :)

Card Album!
Apr 12, 2016 4:43 PM

Mar 2008
Helenus said:
gente said:

And did you just say nobody has to care about LGBT issues when it's fictional? Lol.

I said two things:

1. Most BL mangaka don't care about LGBT rights.

This explains itself. Just browse trough the BL section. A lot of titles are sex focused. And even those with a plot seldom touch LGBT rights (except for the trope 'fly to the U.S. to marry' et al.).

2. BL mangaka don't have to promote LGBT rights in their works.

A manga isn't the place to discuss politics. It's a fictional work for entertainment. Considering the situation in Japan, LGBT rights aren't that important there. They cherish their traditional values. And they have every right to do so.

---------------

Addendum: Yes, I still don't care if people change their minds to agree with me. I just like to debunk obvious nonsense. If people are creeped out, so be it. I just don't understand a) why they even watch it and b) why they bother to state that they're creeped out a million times.

[Please excuse my English, it's not my first language.]

Dude, how would you know the situation in Japan regarding LGBT rights/things when you don't live in Japan (and most likely aren't Japanese yourself)? From reading random articles online? You're speaking for people you have no right speaking for.

And it's similar to why people watch horror movies/play horror games: because they can. If they want to complain about it afterwards, that's up to them.
Apr 12, 2016 4:47 PM

Mar 2015
@gente

And I post about Japan's LGBT issues. Know why? Because I can ;)

Let's drop this fruitless discussion once and for all.

--------------

Episode 2 tomorrow. Looking forward to it!
Apr 13, 2016 4:38 AM

Jun 2012
wasn't sure what to think at first with all those people complaining but it's actually quite decent if not good??

it may be the first BL anime I watch in years! the first ep as a whole was quite nice imho

PD: I'm always quite weary to watch an anime adaptation of a manga I previously read, but I'm pleasantly surprised with this first ep and I'll keep watching

PD2: the manga is one of the best BL out there and I hope the anime does it justice up until the end
NemuriNezumiApr 13, 2016 7:14 AM

- I only draw freestyle! -
Apr 13, 2016 7:31 AM

Jun 2012
lov_lymj said:
I might've been traumatized by all the bad Yaoi, Yuri, Shounen Ai and Shoujo Manga I've read along the way, but this is actually one of the good ones out there hence why it's really popular internationally and in Japan. Sure some aspects are irky and could've been better left out. But overall it's definitely not pedophilia or Ren getting abused by any of them and doesn't deserve the complains and the horrible ANN reviews. It was Haru and his family who showed him the outside world, who took care of him, who helped overcome his trauma and who made him happy for the first time after he lost his parents. Haru never pressured Ren into anything. Their bond at first was merely one of two close brothers. And no it's no pedophilia. Bc if it is thx for saying my lesbian sister (who is 6 years older than me) and I are in that kind of relationship and she is pedo. She used to kiss me when we were younger before going to sleep saying I was cute and even now we are pretty close and hug daily and I used to sleep in her bed all the time. It's pretty normal for close siblings. Just saying.

Anyway back to the plot. It was Ren who wanted more than a pure brother bond and who fell for Haru. Just like how in a lot of Shoujo Manga the female character fell for her 8 year older (asshole) step brother or for her adoptive brother whom she is very close to or a guy who later turns out to be her (step) brother whom she met 15 years ago or a 15 year older teacher, the love of her life, and something along those cliches. It happens all the time in romance manga and it's nothing new so why is it here different? Why is is worth mentioning and accusing Haru of being a pedo? Haru never pressured Ren into anything and he even forgot about him for years. He even refused Ren's moves a couple of time saying his feelings are only brotherly and his confession. He didn't want more and when he realised his feelings he tried to fight them. Even after dating, except for hugging, a few kisses once in a blue moon and sleeping together (which is normal for a couple or even some siblings), he never once laid his hands on Ren or forced him himself on him. No, even when Ren tried to give him a BJ he pushed him away saying he is still too young. Or when Ren tries to have sex with him (he grew pretty desperate at the age of 17) he stands by his morals and beliefs and flats out tells him "no, only when you are fully ready and grown up", unlike a lot of other Manga characters who give in halfway - much to Ren's displease I must add. They are just in love and that's that, there is nothing more and they aren't even doing anything that comes remarkable close to Biko No Pico. The furthest they have gone was a Handjob which is considerably slow progress at that age where students usually already have sex with younger or older ppl. Like me with a 20 year old experienced guy (I was 14 back then), but o/c let's say it not normal and we are all angels who have never dated older ppl. It's gross.

So for all the ppl who have complains, you should all read the manga first before accusing it of something that isn't there. This is literally one of the most slowly,, well developed, bitter sweetly progressing Yaoi/Shounen Ai's out there which till now didn't even lead to the sex scene ppl are freaking out about.

The only thing that sucks is that Ren looks so young for his age, but I can't say anything against that as I look like 15 for a 22 year old girl and my boyfriend is 25.

thank the lord, finally someone else who read the manga and knows what is really going on in the story...!!

thanks for existing

I was starting to lose faith at this point and even if I'm not into BL anymore I hold dear Super Lovers because it's a really good story, and seeing people just trashing it it's just... sad, like, really really sad :/

(almost made me not want to watch the anime version because I though they put some weird forced fanservice in there and that was the reason everyone was getting the wrong idea, but that wasn't the case at all and now I'm really confused as to why all this controversy is happening in the first place)

- I only draw freestyle! -
Apr 13, 2016 10:37 AM

Dec 2012
I watch it because I like watching every anime. I'm not into BL things, but there was nothing shocking in this episode. The scenary are beautiful and the story seems interesting so far.
Apr 16, 2016 6:24 PM

Oct 2008
farging YAOI f*cker.
Episode 1 and kiss already!?!? what the EF!!!
I'm appalled.
1/5.
1/10.
what the EF! 7.64 rating!?!?
EDIT: OMG! the other parents are just fodders so that the actual plot may take place!
matias067Apr 16, 2016 6:27 PM

Apr 16, 2016 10:52 PM

Dec 2010
NemuriNezumi said:
...doesn't deserve the complains and the horrible ANN reviews.

ANN reviewers are just ignorant and bored anime haters made to fill the website and gain some clicks with adv, they never check the original source or care, just biased opinions since them hate everything moe or not in line with real life matters. Yes, for them fiction = reality, and for them these things shouldn't never exist, like some fascist hipocrities.

Always, when a review is bad or unrated on ANN is often a masterpiece, the exact opposite. Thanks to them i discovered this amazing serie (and more other series), otherwise i would have think that it was just another random and generic shounen ai adaption. :)

Hopefully they don't cover the whole episodes, only yaoi and fuyoshis fans should around the web.
Fn76Apr 16, 2016 10:59 PM
Apr 17, 2016 11:35 PM

Nov 2015
Lol great ep and the chemistry between Haru and Ren is good.
Haru is too nice with Ren btw and that surely creeps me out.
I just hope their relationship limit to just brothers and not you know what...
But the humor was surprisingly great... That ending though!
Apr 20, 2016 2:05 PM

May 2014
Seems decent.

However still waiting for the first anime that shows NORMAL gay relationships..
Like, can we get normal gay guys that aren't half girls or something?
I mean I'm not saying do rape and forced stuff because people always think that's what I mean.

There are a lot of cute bara doujins, isn't there a manga too? We just need guys with enough muscle on them and a relationship that starts between them.
Not sure if I expressed myself clearly cuz I'm half-asleep, but oh well.

Hope I'll be alive the moment that happens.

Apr 24, 2016 1:11 AM
Apr 2016
This anime is one of my new favorites. I think the storyline so far is really cute, I enjoyed watching it aswell
Apr 24, 2016 7:06 AM

Apr 2014
Helenus said:
Mayuka said:
bc it was awkward

i've never watched boku no picos and i didn't expect a bed scene and then KISS scene damn god

Then please NEVER watch Boku no Pico. Even in the Super Lovers manga you'll never see something as disgusting as in the first BnP OVA. To be correct there aren't even that much 'erotic scenes' in Super Lovers. The manga has - I think - 9 volumes in sale. And there are - approximately - 3 erotic scenes (I don't talk about explicit sex by the way).

People should really give this title a chance. It is one of the few yaoi manga that actually has a plot. But many viewers will never come to the point where they like the plot because all the do is scream: 'eeh it's a kid and a man!1!111!'.

This is not shotacon. PERIOD.

i can understand why people might think it's strange but i would never compare it to boku no pico, that is straight up shotacon hentai. this isn't.
Apr 27, 2016 11:44 AM

Nov 2015
The episode was good and the ending was just...

May 1, 2016 7:44 AM

Dec 2012
Introducing Boku no Pico for the faint of heart! Jests aside, I picked this up out of morbid curiosity and I have to say it was a pleasant first episode. There were some really cute moments, especially falling asleep together. I really would prefer that it stays a brother relationship but I won't say I didn't come prepared for what the tags/title imply. The end of that episode though, that really did come out of left field and hit like a brick wall.
May 15, 2016 10:08 AM

Apr 2011
That ending though...

May 21, 2016 3:12 PM

Apr 2011
wow am I the only one who thought this would completely take place in Canada?

my biggest surprise was that the show would be taking place in Japan with the other family

looks interesting, have not read the manga and from what I've heard, it's drama centric so that'll be great
May 22, 2016 1:20 PM

Jun 2010
Oookay, first of all, I love shonen ai (and yaoi), but the little brother is so young that I can't help myself thinking of lolicon..... I find it extremely weird.
But the show seems very good. There isn't enough shonen ai in this world. </3
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 1, 2016 3:05 PM

Apr 2012
when did Canada start using Fahrenheit?
Jun 5, 2016 6:42 PM

Mar 2016
mmmmmm.....ok.....wait......how.....how did i end up here? ok

interesting ( ̄_ ̄)・・・
Bruneian
Here
Feel
Free
To
Add
Mehh
You
Fkin
Scrub
Jul 2, 2016 4:19 PM

Dec 2012
This was really creepy. Did they really have to include scenes with kiss and sleeping together?

It would be better if they made this into pure 18+ series like Boku no Piko rather than trying to make a wide public-friendly romantic story. Considering the obvious pedo-innuendos, this is very creepy.
Dec 9, 2016 9:47 AM

Sep 2014
That was a decent start. I felt the Episode was a bit rushed but anyway as big fan of Shounen-Ai and Studio Deen my hopes are still up.
Feb 15, 2017 10:18 AM

Dec 2015
I feel like I've entered a whole new world xD. They're much more casual about that stuff than I thought they'd be.

That last part though omg!!
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Feb 21, 2021 8:43 PM
Feb 2021
Like it a lot I love them
Mar 17, 2021 8:52 PM
Mar 2021
I enjoyed this episode and we got to see what the characters' personalities are. Wasn't expecting Haru to kiss Ren on the mouth like that, was a little freaked out when that happened considering the obvious age gap. The animation is beautiful and it has solid characters so far. Ren's backstory is just heartbreaking and I can't wait to explore more of that throughout the season
Nov 18, 2021 2:53 PM
Oct 2020
I really don't think you should release this showing English Dubbed as well a lot of people love boy love TV shows and videos I think you should release it here in the US and see how many people like the anime
Jan 22, 2022 4:46 PM
Jan 2022
Hi I love this is so good and I like it so much
Jan 22, 2022 4:47 PM
Jan 2022
I love this so much and I hope you do to
Sep 12, 2023 2:59 AM
Sep 2023
I was skeptical watching this show but i give it a try and i can say it’s the best bl anime that I’ve watch so far it’s unique and controversial
Oct 17, 2023 5:04 AM
Sep 2023
كيف نشوف لانمي
Nov 24, 2023 5:59 AM
Jul 2021
n curto incesto. odiei
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Super Lovers Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Apr 13, 2016

79 by renandharu_ »»
Sep 12, 2023 3:02 AM

Poll: » Super Lovers Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Jun 8, 2016

58 by Angesubaru »»
Jun 16, 2023 8:09 AM

» How explicit is this?

GreyStoneFlinger - Dec 12, 2022

7 by NekoKyan- »»
Dec 16, 2022 7:52 PM

Poll: » Super Lovers Episode 3 Discussion

tsubasalover - Apr 20, 2016

40 by Yuwka »»
Nov 6, 2022 2:50 AM

Poll: » Super Lovers Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Jun 1, 2016

70 by Opor97 »»
Jul 18, 2021 7:15 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.