Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
May 2, 2016 3:42 AM

Apr 2008
marian11 said:
To all the people that think this is better than SnK (WITH 3 EPISODES OUT EVEN) - are we watching the same anime?
Most of the characters are morons, especially the human fodder. Mumei is literally the only character with a brain. The story will most likely be rushed with just these 13 episodes and I can easily see it becoming a trainwreck (no pun intended).
Sure, the visuals and OST are nice, but this show can't even step on SnK's little finger and by the time season 2 starts airing everyone will have forgotten about this show.

You clearly don't read the manga if you're thinking that hahahahha
May 2, 2016 9:39 AM
Feb 2009
fst said:
Why wouldn't people be hyped for the second season of attack on Titan?

Because season1 sucked?
This isn't SnK and thats a good thing.
May 2, 2016 10:42 AM

Mar 2013
marian11 said:

Most of the characters are morons, especially the human fodder. Mumei is literally the only character with a brain. The story will most likely be rushed with just these 13 episodes and I can easily see it becoming a trainwreck (no pun intended).
Sure, the visuals and OST are nice, but this show can't even step on SnK's little finger and by the time season 2 starts airing everyone will have forgotten about this show.

The way you describe it, it sounds pretty much exactly the same as SnK with the only notable difference being the episode count, so I don't see how you can argue that it is significantly worse than SnK. Sure it might be quickly forgotten afterwards, but that's less to do with its current quality and more to do with the fact that it doesn't have a franchise built around it with an ongoing manga yet and because it has generic zombies and therefore doesn't hook its audience by dragging them along on the pretense of at some point explaining just exactly what the fuck these Titan things actually are.
May 8, 2016 8:11 AM
Apr 2011
I think KnK is overrated. The story should just be about surviving and finding a technology that can defeat the Kabane. But ever since they introduced empowered humans called Kabaneri, the show lost its tension. This is typical Japanese storytelling...the premise was already intriguing and now they introduced some BS shonen-half-monster-magic-powerup. What a waste.
May 8, 2016 9:07 AM

Apr 2008
ravagestorm said:
I think KnK is overrated. The story should just be about surviving and finding a technology that can defeat the Kabane. But ever since they introduced empowered humans called Kabaneri, the show lost its tension. This is typical Japanese storytelling...the premise was already intriguing and now they introduced some BS shonen-half-monster-magic-powerup. What a waste.

Except this powerup is a pebble in a lake of trouble or else things wouldn't be as bad as they already are. They would not be losing station after station. You don't comprehend that do you? The fact that things are still this bad even with Kabaneri being known to one faction and maybe even the station lords suggests they're not that tide turning as you paint them out to be. The tension is still there if you look at the bigger picture. Something you seem to be unable to do.
May 8, 2016 6:13 PM

Jun 2012
This is pratically SnK "child", the story will probably go the same path as SnK but with some different twists I think. Yeah it's overhyped, like every awesome show that airs is... and if this sells and someone decides to do a new original anime with the same formula, it will be hyped then too and that original anime will be compared with it's predecessors SnK and KnK, cycle goes on... leaving us with SnK, KnK, "OnO", "ZnZ" and whatever letters they want to use until this formula turns boring.
At the end of the day I don't mind, I still like anime like this.
It has potential to be better than SnK? Why wouldn't it, there are only 4 eps out it's naive to say it will or not. Don't forget SnK still hasn't ended and those who read the manga know some crazy shit is coming if they don't drag the new anime like they did in the first.
May 9, 2016 1:43 AM

Apr 2008
Snaita said:
This is pratically SnK "child", the story will probably go the same path as SnK but with some different twists I think. Yeah it's overhyped, like every awesome show that airs is... and if this sells and someone decides to do a new original anime with the same formula, it will be hyped then too and that original anime will be compared with it's predecessors SnK and KnK, cycle goes on... leaving us with SnK, KnK, "OnO", "ZnZ" and whatever letters they want to use until this formula turns boring.
At the end of the day I don't mind, I still like anime like this.
It has potential to be better than SnK? Why wouldn't it, there are only 4 eps out it's naive to say it will or not. Don't forget SnK still hasn't ended and those who read the manga know some crazy shit is coming if they don't drag the new anime like they did in the first.

I wouldn't call princess Peach eren's adventures in Titan land all that epic
May 9, 2016 6:05 AM

Jun 2012
Darklight0303 said:

I wouldn't call princess Peach eren's adventures in Titan land all that epic

Really, if the titans turn out to be the good guys, I think it would be rather epic.
May 9, 2016 6:58 AM

Nov 2015
I don't see a whole lot of hype.
Maybe it's just me, maybe I haven't been around enough.

It's been pretty decent too, 6/10 so far..
May 9, 2016 10:23 AM
Dec 2015
I think we cant say if this show is overhyped unless it will be completed so we have to wait for it. So far i have mixed feelings about it. Time will tell us.

But i think there is another problem with KnK. A lot of people is calling this anime "SnK ripoff" or clone but i would like to dig deeper into this.

First you need to state what SnK is. Revolution in anime? Something so unique and great that shaked whole industry world? I dont think so. SnK have nothing new except 3d mechanisms and art tottally different that most anime has nowdays. Humanity struggling against enemy that is mysterious and unknown except how to kill it? Ofc i saw it milion times. Industrial era? Nothing new. Huge human-like creatures? Also nothing new. The reason why this anime is so popular because ppl were carving for blood and gore anime with a lot of violence, mysteries, fighting and sudden deaths. Also one of the best opening of all the time and art that i mentioned earlier bought many hearts (same goes with noragami, anime is okay 7/10 but nothing more).

Also i think most of ppl dont understand what KnK is about. Its NOT about humanity hiding against huge walls and struggling there. Its about trains and moving from one city to another, protecting them with their own lives. Walls in KnK are quite easy to get past and as you saw in episode 1 ihabitiants are ready to leave village anytime. In SnK if walls are destroyed humanity will end. In KnK if trains are destroyed humanity will end. Also one of the biggest goals of SnK is finding clues about royal family eren powers and what exactly hid eren's father. In kabaneri we have yet to see but i highly doubt it will be the same or even similar.

About similar art. Come on guys its same studio. If it would be othe oner i could accept complaints but since its the same and in both titles art is beautiful and matches it well why use different? Would you like some shitty animation with colours like in No Game No Life?So far i can see few similarities in both shows but they arent that important. KnK is separate anime with similar art and vibe

In conclusion is KnK better than SnK? In few weeks we will know, but i hope Kabaneri will be better. Shingeki is good anime but still it has a lot of flaws and remember its not an oracle title!
JaneieMay 9, 2016 10:30 AM
May 10, 2016 10:09 AM

Jul 2014
I just skimmed through the comments and I'm surprised nobody mentioned how fucking retarded characters react and behave. Like, there is clear difference in how Kabane looks and behaves opposed to humans and yet they are constantly accusing those two. Yeah, great characters 10/10

Kabane is just mediocre, nobody would give a fuck about it if not for above average animation and the fact that Wit is doing it. And yeah, AoT had better animated sequences than this
May 11, 2016 1:08 AM

May 2016
The series is entertaining and it's probably too early to judge based on only 4 episodes (still no news on how many episodes will it have?), BUT I do believe that, at the moment, it's overhyped. So far, I haven't seen any reasons to consider this an anime deserving of such high rating on MAL. Every season has its hyped anime, but while One Punch Man and ERASED had a uniqueness that made them stand out from the rest, I struggle to see Kabaneri as anything else than just another generic shounen.

I know this has been seen countless of times already, but it's just a copy of Attack on Titan, and people be thirsty for AOT Season 2. This is an original anime made by the same studio who who will be releasing AOT2 this year (hopefully), so I wouldn't be too surprised if this is just some sort of "undercover promotion" for AOT. That's certainly not a problem for me since AOT is one of my favorite series, BUT I need to see what other new elements Kabaneri could bring to the table to justify the hype.

Is it the steampunk aesthetic? The fact that there's steam trains? So far, we haven't gotten a clear plot or goal (eg: Episode 1 of SNK gave some introduction to its world, the history and showed Eren's reason for seeking vengeance), but Kabaneri just throws you in the middle of the story where the only thing we know is that Kabane are zombie-like beings that need to be fought. The Kabane, the "living inside walls", the gear, the characters (Ikoma=Eren, Mumei=Mikasa?), the whole half human-half Kabane/Titan... it's all been done before. So, once again, aside from its production, what exactly is it that Kabaneri is doing so well that deserves so much hype?

(This is not meant to be a critique. Like I said, I enjoy the series (only because it reminds me of AOT), but I just wonder if I'm missing something?)

THIS:

marian11 said:
by the time season 2 starts airing everyone will have forgotten about this show.
May 11, 2016 1:27 AM

Apr 2008
Vinyet said:
The series is entertaining and it's probably too early to judge based on only 4 episodes (still no news on how many episodes will it have?), BUT I do believe that, at the moment, it's overhyped. So far, I haven't seen any reasons to consider this an anime deserving of such high rating on MAL. Every season has its hyped anime, but while One Punch Man and ERASED had a uniqueness that made them stand out from the rest, I struggle to see Kabaneri as anything else than just another generic shounen.

I know this has been seen countless of times already, but it's just a copy of Attack on Titan, and people be thirsty for AOT Season 2. This is an original anime made by the same studio who who will be releasing AOT2 this year (hopefully), so I wouldn't be too surprised if this is just some sort of "undercover promotion" for AOT. That's certainly not a problem for me since AOT is one of my favorite series, BUT I need to see what other new elements Kabaneri could bring to the table to justify the hype.

Is it the steampunk aesthetic? The fact that there's steam trains? So far, we haven't gotten a clear plot or goal (eg: Episode 1 of SNK gave some introduction to its world, the history and showed Eren's reason for seeking vengeance), but Kabaneri just throws you in the middle of the story where the only thing we know is that Kabane are zombie-like beings that need to be fought. The Kabane, the "living inside walls", the gear, the characters (Ikoma=Eren, Mumei=Mikasa?), the whole half human-half Kabane/Titan... it's all been done before. So, once again, aside from its production, what exactly is it that Kabaneri is doing so well that deserves so much hype?

(This is not meant to be a critique. Like I said, I enjoy the series (only because it reminds me of AOT), but I just wonder if I'm missing something?)

THIS:

marian11 said:
by the time season 2 starts airing everyone will have forgotten about this show.

A copy? Yet another fool enters the fray
May 11, 2016 1:40 AM

May 2016
Darklight0303 said:

A copy? Yet another fool enters the fray

Great argument. Care to ellaborate? That's precisely what I'm asking.
May 12, 2016 6:37 AM

Mar 2016
Over-hyped perhaps not, the hype is just on normal level (Dunno about others). Among many of my anime-watchers friends in RL, there are only 3 to 4 talked about it and the conversations do not last long usually. Consider MAL is bigger and somehow none of my RL friends touched MAL or any kinds of anime-review site at all, my friends are the type who watch something based on mouth-to-mouth talks.

In fact, in my group, the sequel of Gakuen * got talked more (because ecchi-lovers, we are a group of over 23s males after all) and Kuma Miko + Flying Witch (most likely because I promoted it as relaxing shows of the season imo) are followed right away by most of my group members after 2nd or 3rd episode release. So far for Kabaneri, my friends only started to watch it after 4th episode release just now.

If I am going without considering the numbers of my RL friends and only looks at internet forums talks. Perhaps I would mark this anime is like SAO, GE or some others; Overhyped, does not make-up with the hype but still above average than expected.
Fredy-sanMay 12, 2016 6:40 AM
May 15, 2016 9:44 PM

Dec 2007
The rating is dropping week by week, I hope they improve their dialogs soon or it'll keep dropping.
May 16, 2016 3:03 AM

Jun 2013
WhaleCostume said:
This show will probably turn out average~decent, get high ratings and lots of hate as with all hyped up shows do. Predicting it now. Defintely going to see an overrated thread created yet again...

My thoughts exactly.
May 24, 2016 3:46 PM

Oct 2015
If this show is a rip off of anything it would be mad max fury road or aldnoah zero (im not saying its a rip off of anything) rather than SNK since its a group of characters continuously travelling by some form of vehicle engaging in constant battles as they encounter dangers on their route related to the problems in the world of that series.

All the people making comparrisons with SNK are just pullin airs with stuff like Ikoma and Eren being the same character. Ikoma unlike Eren invented his own weapon and does not go on rants about how he is going to kill all the kabanes, he only cares about making a weapon that will give humanity a chance rather than kill all the kabanes himself and has been useful in every situation from fights with the kabane to modifying the ammo of the other guns on the train so the minor characters have a chance while Eren has only been useful when he turned into a titan (and when he is not a titan he is not using his 3d manuver gear he is being baby sat by other soldiers).

I don't think it will be a show that will be forgotten easily its probably the best zombie focused anime on MAL since anything else with zombies in it is only a thing for a single episode or high school of the dead which has too much ecchi for some people.

I do agree with everyone here that a lot of people in this show do act stupid but its the industrial revolution where science is not that well known to the masses neither is education. Hell everyone thinks the zombie virus is a curse other than a few of the characters who know better. You know that thing people say about zombie movies where the character should cop on to the thing they are looking at is a zombie but don't know and get bit because for some reason zombie don't exist in the fiction of that world. That scenario is the scenario with the stupid cannon fodder characters in this show since zombies have never existed in their medium and they have been educated into believing its a curse that can not be stopped which is why they are all so paranoid half the time.
May 26, 2016 9:29 AM
May 2016
Cyborg_Dragon said:
If this show is a rip off of anything it would be mad max fury road or aldnoah zero (im not saying its a rip off of anything) rather than SNK since its a group of characters continuously travelling by some form of vehicle engaging in constant battles as they encounter dangers on their route related to the problems in the world of that series.

All the people making comparrisons with SNK are just pullin airs with stuff like Ikoma and Eren being the same character. Ikoma unlike Eren invented his own weapon and does not go on rants about how he is going to kill all the kabanes, he only cares about making a weapon that will give humanity a chance rather than kill all the kabanes himself and has been useful in every situation from fights with the kabane to modifying the ammo of the other guns on the train so the minor characters have a chance while Eren has only been useful when he turned into a titan (and when he is not a titan he is not using his 3d manuver gear he is being baby sat by other soldiers).

I don't think it will be a show that will be forgotten easily its probably the best zombie focused anime on MAL since anything else with zombies in it is only a thing for a single episode or high school of the dead which has too much ecchi for some people.

I do agree with everyone here that a lot of people in this show do act stupid but its the industrial revolution where science is not that well known to the masses neither is education. Hell everyone thinks the zombie virus is a curse other than a few of the characters who know better. You know that thing people say about zombie movies where the character should cop on to the thing they are looking at is a zombie but don't know and get bit because for some reason zombie don't exist in the fiction of that world. That scenario is the scenario with the stupid cannon fodder characters in this show since zombies have never existed in their medium and they have been educated into believing its a curse that can not be stopped which is why they are all so paranoid half the time.

This. I totally agree.

I really enjoyed SnK but what irritated me the most was Eren. We spent at least half the season watching him cry and whine about life and how unfair it was. But Ikoma literally took his issues right by the horns and conquered it, didn't whine or cry. In general, I enjoy the main characters of KnK way more than SnK. SnK took the anime verse by storm because it was so unique and different, KnK is similar in that aspect but it has its own unique quirks that makes it really hard to compare the two. At a high level view, yes it may seem the same... but if you really watch it, its definitely very different.

And yes, the minor background characters are a bit... stupid IMO but you have to consider the general mentality of the uneducated and rural dwellers.
discardiaMay 26, 2016 10:46 AM
May 26, 2016 5:26 PM

Apr 2016
Hydra0411 said:
I just skimmed through the comments and I'm surprised nobody mentioned how fucking retarded characters react and behave. Like, there is clear difference in how Kabane looks and behaves opposed to humans and yet they are constantly accusing those two. Yeah, great characters 10/10

Kabane is just mediocre, nobody would give a fuck about it if not for above average animation and the fact that Wit is doing it. And yeah, AoT had better animated sequences than this

Same here but I do think we are not alone (look at comment #176 by thuyquai). Many noticed already what a failure the script is regarding dialogs and behaviours. It's particularly obvious with the main male character. It's so bad sometimes that it tends to satire. It's sad because it had a lot of potential to be good entertainement if at least the flaws didn't punch me in the face every time.

Maybe they did this anime in a rush? To bring it before SnK 2? That would explain the many flaws.

Too bad! I don't think they can get it better by saison 2 except if they hire someone competent for the script but it will probably be too late and the positive aspect like visuals and action won't save it on the long run.

As for the comparaison with SnK, SnK was probably not perfect in this regard (dialog, behaviour) but definitely better written.
Ysad_ZiwezhanMay 26, 2016 5:43 PM
May 28, 2016 12:46 AM
Apr 2016
Pretty possible, but it won't stop be from watching it.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Koutetsujou no Kabaneri Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 14, 2016

790 by wallus81 »»
Yesterday, 1:58 AM

Poll: » Koutetsujou no Kabaneri Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 7, 2016

932 by wallus81 »»
Apr 20, 2:20 AM

Poll: » Koutetsujou no Kabaneri Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 9, 2016

524 by FedeMetal »»
Apr 1, 8:22 PM

Poll: » Koutetsujou no Kabaneri Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 26, 2016

367 by FedeMetal »»
Mar 30, 11:21 AM

Poll: » Koutetsujou no Kabaneri Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 30, 2016

616 by Garrett_Dark »»
Mar 10, 11:50 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.