Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Mar 26, 2016 7:08 PM

Apr 2015
I have sort of a masochist factor towards things. I also long for information and becoming better at critically analyzing a show. If I break down why I don't like the show, I technically gain experience from it. Just another target for me to take down. I can absolutely despise something, but it will be finished. The pain becomes kind of fun, to be honest. :P
Mar 26, 2016 7:37 PM

Oct 2014
Nah I wont watch something I hate . Its just a waste of time. Though some people do that to bash the fans
Mar 26, 2016 9:02 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
@Chiibi

the arguing with people struggle is real af, but i always choose to do it XD
Mar 26, 2016 9:05 PM

Jan 2016
Well, *hating* it requires watching it.

Also, the only time I was really on my full on masochist mode is when I powered through School Days.
Mar 26, 2016 10:02 PM
Jul 2018
Some people might do it just to add it to their list of completed shows. Personally, I'm not afraid to drop if it's something I hate. Especially since I have a lot of shows I still want to watch.
Mar 27, 2016 12:01 AM

Jul 2015
RuneRocker said:
Most of you guys must have noticed by now that every single comment section of every single episode of every single anime (maybe I'm exaggerating a bit here...) has that one guy complying about how much he hates the anime but he has still watch it because that's how it is. WHY ? Seriosly, why ? It's annoying just to catch a glimps at their comments. Is it because the number of masochist in the anime community skyrocking or anything ? Or is this some new trend I know nothing about ? Seriosly tell me! It's driving me mad !

One of possible reasons for some people to still continue watching a series they hate is so that they can provide a proper argument about it, making their opinion more objective.

Or that they just want to spread negativity to others.
Mar 27, 2016 9:58 AM

Nov 2008
Mamster-P said:
@Chiibi

the arguing with people struggle is real af, but i always choose to do it XD

All the power to you, bruh. XD I wish you luck.

Mar 27, 2016 1:05 PM

Jun 2015
Because some people won't stop pestering until you finish it.
You expect it to get better or get serious until you reach the point that you completing it outweighs the worth of dropping it
For those people who keep saying you don't have the right to judge [insert show] because you haven't seen it yet
You have nothing else on hand
Mostly these are the reasons why I finish some shit shows. Gosh sometimes I hate my friends.
Mar 27, 2016 1:08 PM

Dec 2013
Quite fun to watch shows you hate. I'm mostly talking to my cat and doing some mean comments about the show. yay?
Mar 27, 2016 1:16 PM

Oct 2014
I feel yas. I mean I don't get why just because someone doesn't like something they have to shit all over it for other people.
Sharing an opinion is one thing
I.E I don't like that because _____.
But people will literally be like "you're stupid for liking that show you fag" or something like that and I'm just like hmm... that escalated quickly... angry much? >.>
Mar 27, 2016 1:34 PM

Jan 2016
they complete it, because they need some references to trolls and bait, particular fan boys/ fan girls,
hating animu is more fun than enjoying it
Mar 27, 2016 2:10 PM

Jan 2012
Also, sometimes you need to finish a "bad" anime if its well known, widely talked about. (bad could be it actually is or just the person's opinion)

but yeah
Mar 27, 2016 4:12 PM

Jan 2015
TheBrains1001 said:
Completionists will complete it no matter the quality

This. I can relate since I am one. Also the only anime i really really hated was fsn but it had gil :)
Mar 27, 2016 4:17 PM

Oct 2015
I don't know, I drop any anime I loose interest in unless I'm like 3 or 2 episodes away from the end but I don't complain about it then.
Mar 27, 2016 4:37 PM
Apr 2013
You know I used to finish every anime that I started watching ( at least the was my goal when I first started out.)
Then I was like "screw it" because I don't care if I don't finish an anime I really hate ( unless i'm really about to finish it. Then maybe I can figure out why I truly hated it so much,

Other than that, if it wasn't for the anime challenge that I'm doing I would have never finished some of the anime that I did.

Best Waifu: Holo - Spice and Wolf
Favorite Anime: Steins; Gate
Read my Wolf's Rain fanfic: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12618229/1/Finding-Paradise-Wolf-s-Rain
Mar 27, 2016 4:47 PM

Sep 2010
That reminds me of my twelve weeks of bitterness and salt over Aldnoah.Zero's second season. I didn't bitch about it in the forums cause that place was garbage and full of bullshit that was worse than the actual show, but I bitched about it on my tumblr blog. All that salt so much salt.

As for forums on here I don't really bitch too much on episodes I guess cause I haven't really found anything outside of A.Z that I despised with every fiber of my body.
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Mar 27, 2016 4:50 PM

Jun 2014
Every anime I start watching I complete, that includes the disgrace that is Maken-Ki 2
May 2, 2016 4:31 AM

Aug 2012
I'm not a Completionist what so ever..
so I've very few times that I forced my self into watching something I didn't like..
but I would say about (people you find in the comments of anime series bashing it).
sometimes you become frustrated from shows that you completely love but you hate that particular episode or event.. and even when people hate on a show they tend to give it couple of chances before they drop it, or at least that's what I do, it's impossible to drop a show after the first episode (unless it's ridiculously terrible)
May 2, 2016 4:43 AM

Mar 2016
Melkaticox said:
ScarfedPichu said:
To become the biggest elitist out of all the elitists and people like to complain a lot it is apart of everyone really.

This is entirely false.

Some people don't like to drop shows, they prefer to endure the shit until it's over.
This is the internet, everyone is entitled to their opinion. If you can't handle someone hating on your favorite anime (which is shit btw), then this is not the place for you.
This is why I don't bother discussing shows on MAL. That's what OT is for.

Shit anime is one thing but people even complain for good anime. There problem I have seen is they have severe lack of patience when anime is airing, instead of discussing about episode they rather say anime is shit and things like that. And some give such lame reasons for hating that anime it doesn't even make sense. This is not how opinions work. This is senseless argument they just set up.
May 2, 2016 5:47 AM

Apr 2011
Completionists, indeed.

I myself have only ever dropped two anime, those were Kuma Miko (airing this season) and Neo Angelique Abyss. The former is far, far too inappropriate for my tastes, and the latter a complete trainwreck that I couldn't bear to watch any other second of. Those two aren't even on my dropped-list. I don't use it and rather delete a series from my mind entirely. I have watched many series that I eventually couldn't stand and was glad were over, but to drop something isn't my policy — I have to complete something once I started it.

I have had Neon Genesis Evangelion on my on-hold list for approximately four years now, but I still plan to finish it one day, despite of how bothersome I find the protagonist.
Lestat-May 2, 2016 5:53 AM

» "You've fought a valiant duel, my friend..." «

⍏⍏⍏⍏⍏

inspector @ MAL's anime watching challenge
May 2, 2016 5:51 AM

Feb 2014
To be able to critisice the serie entirely, I can compehend that motivation.
May 2, 2016 6:32 AM

Dec 2012
Yeah they are very annoying. It's really just attention whoring in a nutshell. They also seek validation.

There is literally no legitimate reasons for this whatsoever.
May 2, 2016 7:00 AM

May 2013
i drop anime that bores me quick fast(all anime I rate low is because of the ending or I compare it to my favorite anime and it was X less enjoyable but still enjoyable enough to watch through) I'll drop a show half way through the last episode of the last season if I get bored enough.. I don't really know what "bad" and "good" means anymore in terms of anime... I just know boring, and not boring (this has levels ofcourse!). If I get bored I peace it. I've watched several seasons of shows just to drop it on season 5 episode 8 just because I don't give a shit how it ends because ITS MEANINGLESS IN THE END. If it's boring I'm out.. I do this with most things in life unfortunately.
nomanzMay 2, 2016 7:03 AM
May 2, 2016 7:28 AM

Nov 2015
lol I like to watch anime to form opinions on them, critically evaluate them & discuss with others (the same for moview, videogames etc) and more often than not I'll continue watching something that I developed a strong dislike for.

But one thing I don't do is go up to their fans in their own threads and talk shit about it. Now that's just douchey..
May 2, 2016 7:51 AM

Oct 2015
As others have already said, it allows you to talk shit about it criticise it with more conviction as you know what you are talking about.

It's why I watched all 6 eps of FLCL for example, based on enjoyment alone I would have dropped FLCL after the first episode, but then people would complain
May 2, 2016 12:44 PM

Dec 2015
The only anime I really hated and watched completely was Lucky Star. If there are some overhyped anime it is fun to still watch a bit and then hate it - to annoy the hypers. (Same you can do it with overly hated anime and try posting how good it is.) But I usually don't care/don't have enough time and get bored fast. I'll drop and then check the forums for 1-2 more weeks (only checking threads which are not about the new episodes I didn't watch) then ignoring it completely.
May 3, 2016 2:40 AM

Sep 2015
For the sake of completion and fts of hating
May 3, 2016 3:28 AM

Oct 2009
*starts flipping tables* (ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻ ... (ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻ ... (ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻ ... (ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻ ...

May 3, 2016 3:30 AM
No Drop Hell

Sep 2011
I'm a slow completionist/no-dropper when it comes to anime and books. The main reason is because if you don't finish a series, when you're asked about it in conversation and you say, "oh, I didn't like it/it wasn't for me/it sucked ass," you frequently get the reaction, "did you watch it to the end? If you didn't watch it to the end you have no right to say those things because if you had watched it to the end you wouldn't think that way."

I don't feel the whole "you've wasted time on something you hated that you could've spent on something you liked" idea. There are shows that make my lip curl when I think about them, and because I've watched them they've made me appreciate other shows that otherwise would've been mediocre.

...and maybe it's a bit of a masochism thing.
May 3, 2016 3:58 AM

Jul 2014
I've tried watching animes I didn't like... but I only did it just to finish it. I'm the type of person whose not a fan of dropping things halfway. Plus, I feel like I might enjoy it or change my opinion if I just plow on to the next episode.. and the next episode... and the next episode. (I guess I'm ever the optimist in that regard.)

Given, there are those animes that are beyond help so I still end up dropping them anyway (lol), though these are rare compared to the number of animes I simply forced myself to continue to the end.
. . . . . . . . . .
DO NOT touch my rice. . . . . .
I'm Asian. . . . . .
May 3, 2016 4:30 AM

Dec 2015
Let's see because then if you say something about the anime people won't ask you: have you even finished it?! If no, you have no right to talk! But if you did it then you can say whatever the heck you want.
Because the ending may surprise you. I know that because I read books and many times things get better especially if it was a series. It may be the opposite sometimes, you have to watch/read to know.
Even if I don't like something, I feel like I have to finish it.
And oh, TO UNDERSTAND WHY IT'S SO FREACKIN POPULAR, maybe?
May 3, 2016 4:36 AM

Apr 2014
Sometimes something is so bad that it becomes entertaining just because it's so mindblowingly bad.
May 3, 2016 4:51 AM

Oct 2014
"I'm not hating, I'm providing you a prospective you haven't seen before." - My wise words.

Besides, you always get that that GROUP of PEOPLE who tells you you shouldn't judge an anime by it's first few episodes, and I agree, you shouldn't. So I'll suck it up and continue the show, and if it still fails to impress me then I'll share my dissatisfaction.
May 3, 2016 5:31 AM

Apr 2016
i don't know, personally i wouldn't voice my opinion if i don't like certain animes unless it's needed. if i couldn't hold back my hatred towards this certain anime, then i would just find threads or sites that agrees with me and just blow off the steam there. that way, i could get my opinion heard without having to offend anyone who actually likes the anime.
May 3, 2016 5:46 AM

Sep 2015
Hate watching can be kinda fun sometimes. I'm kinda doing it with Re:Zero right now (still have a tiny sliver of hope for this). There is however a difference between actively discussing differences of opinion and just being an arrogant commenter whose there just to shitpost.

Mamster-P said:
TitanAnteus said:

You should see the Cross Ange and Phantom World boards.

They're hilarious.

phantom world

all people do is shit on the show, where are all the people who rated it a 7 or higher? i feel like im
the only one who loves the show for what it is
I ended up dropping it, but that limbo scene in the first episode is still one of the funniest things to come out of that winter season.
May 3, 2016 5:50 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
amk_2397 said:

I ended up dropping it, but that limbo scene in the first episode is still one of the funniest things to come out of that winter season.[/quote]

its funny cause boob limbo is not an original thing, i guess people are just surprised that kyoani did it

anyway i don't see the point in watching an anime you "hate"..... go watch something else
May 4, 2016 8:08 PM

Aug 2015
_Yato_God said:
Melkaticox said:

This is entirely false.

Some people don't like to drop shows, they prefer to endure the shit until it's over.
This is the internet, everyone is entitled to their opinion. If you can't handle someone hating on your favorite anime (which is shit btw), then this is not the place for you.
This is why I don't bother discussing shows on MAL. That's what OT is for.

Shit anime is one thing but people even complain for good anime. There problem I have seen is they have severe lack of patience when anime is airing, instead of discussing about episode they rather say anime is shit and things like that. And some give such lame reasons for hating that anime it doesn't even make sense. This is not how opinions work. This is senseless argument they just set up.

Are you sure this "good anime" you're talking about is actually good?
May 4, 2016 8:34 PM

Dec 2012
Completionist like me tend to do that mostly.
May 4, 2016 11:52 PM

Mar 2016
Melkaticox said:
_Yato_God said:

20k people can't be wrong against 200.
May 4, 2016 11:54 PM
May 2015
trying to watch clannad but cant because the art makes me cringe too hard
May 5, 2016 12:11 AM

Sep 2011
I use to be one of those guys who complete anime no matter what, but now that I have less time to watch anime... if I don't like it, I'll drop it and start a new one. :p
May 5, 2016 12:22 AM

Dec 2015
I think the bitching is a bit annoying, but it doesn't drive me crazy or anything.

Tell them their waifu is trash and swerve, that'll make you feel better.
Banner credit to @turnip
May 5, 2016 12:29 AM

Jul 2014
I hate this anime, but I will watch it until it finishes so I can make an 'unbiased' opinion about it!
May 5, 2016 7:18 AM

Apr 2013
A big reason is because fanboys of said series will usually use the argument "you can't say it's bad unless you've watched/read all of it"
May 5, 2016 7:29 AM

Feb 2015
Mamster-P said:
TitanAnteus said:

You should see the Cross Ange and Phantom World boards.

They're hilarious.

phantom world

all people do is shit on the show, where are all the people who rated it a 7 or higher? i feel like im

don't worry m8, you're not alone. i rate it 9.

OT: that's human.
May 5, 2016 7:39 AM

Jul 2013
HasoLtd said:
A big reason is because fanboys of said series will usually use the argument "you can't say it's bad unless you've watched/read all of it"
Exactly this. Once you watch it from the start to the beginning, you can praise/despise the anime all what you want.
May 5, 2016 7:56 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
Tevens said:

don't worry m8, you're not alone. i rate it 9.

OT: that's human.

lol the struggle is real on these forums when you tend to love shows that people hate XD
May 5, 2016 8:08 AM
Apr 2016
I'm no completionist or elitist, but sometimes I'll finish a bad anime just to be able to write a bad review. Hating can be fun! Usually, though, I'll simply drop it.
May 5, 2016 8:22 AM

Mar 2016
_Yato_God said:
Melkaticox said:

20k people can't be wrong against 200.

This isn't even slightly true lol.
May 5, 2016 8:33 AM

Aug 2015
They think they hate it but actually like it a lot. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Hmm, but seriously I ask this myself every time too, if I see a hater.
I guess, they just like to ''trash'' series.

Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» ❄️ Anime Winter 2024 Male Characters Tournament ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

ISeeLifePeople - Apr 14

225 by Vaturna »»
48 seconds ago

» Who are your enemies in the anime industry/fanbase?

Catalano - Yesterday

29 by deg »»
3 minutes ago

» Which 3 unpopular anime from the late 90s-mid 00s would you recommend?

WitherThrakh - Apr 13

20 by MandarBloodeagle »»
6 minutes ago

Poll: » do you consider hate on your favorites an attack on you personally?

deg - Apr 23

35 by Maou_heika »»
6 minutes ago

Poll: » Which is your favourite Anime in this list?

PushedCaraway - 10 hours ago

36 by ArpitPatel »»
27 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.