Forum Settings
Forums

is the Rakudai Kishi no Calvary Light Novel the same/better or worst than the anime?

New
Mar 17, 2016 8:16 AM

Mar 2016
I like to read this kind of history more than watch it because it have more dettails and i connect a little bit more with the characters, but i sont know if the LN is better or the same compared to the anime, im not counting fighting scenes, but the comedy and the dialogue as criteria

Mar 17, 2016 8:18 AM

Mar 2012
Of course it's better that's a given.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Mar 17, 2016 8:24 AM

Mar 2016
NeoAnkara said:

I didnt understand your quote very well.
You said: "of course the LN is better, that is a blessing given by Oni-sama"?
Did you read it?

Mar 17, 2016 8:29 AM

Mar 2012
It's natural that LN have more depth than anime adaptation. It have more monologue and more detail plus anime remove future major antagonist entirely.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Mar 17, 2016 8:35 AM

Mar 2016
NeoAnkara said:
It's natural that LN have more depth than anime adaptation. It have more monologue and more detail plus anime remove future major antagonist entirely.
I know it have more dettails and stuff like that but i cant say its better because sometimes the narration or the pace in the Light Novel is much more different in the anime adptation, just Tell me if its better or not, english isnt my specialty as you may already noticed.

Mar 17, 2016 8:38 AM

Mar 2012
Somuchgamer said:
NeoAnkara said:
I know it have more dettails and stuff like that but i cant say its better because sometimes the narration or the pace in the Light Novel is much more different in the anime adptation, just Tell me if its better or not, english isnt my specialty as you may already noticed.
That's what the anime lack. I've said earlier that LN is better than anime.
Mar 17, 2016 8:41 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Light novels and visual novels are *always* better than their respective anime adaptations

That's a pretty easy and accurate rule to live by. Manga adaptations are more reliable since it's an easier medium transition
Mar 22, 2016 4:10 AM

Nov 2011
so much better. Shizuku vs Touka is better in the anime but the rest are worst. There's also the manga that follows the ln better. Akatsuki the main antagonist of the next part is missing in the anime. Alice is one of them and that reveal should have been a cliffhanger but jst like the puppeter and Ikki's bro all of them was removed or replaced (golem user got replaced by a generic guy).
ernstMar 22, 2016 4:13 AM
"Why do I always realize it... when I've already lost it..." -Guts, Berserk
"Some things are beautiful because they cannot be obtained." -Gilgamesh, Fate/stay night
"We are constantly living in a peaceful world that somebody else won for us. Even if it were only a day of peace, I will be grateful for its value." - Minashiro Tsubaki, FAFNER
"Screw you, future me!" -Makise Kurisu, Steins;Gate
"We used to show off by waging wars and whatnot." -Watashi, Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita
"Call me Moses. I'm going to part the sea of students before your eyes." -Moses?, Valvrave
"Time is guilty." -Andō & Tomoyo, INOU-Battle
Jun 23, 2016 9:16 PM

Dec 2013
Somuchgamer said:
NeoAnkara said:

I didnt understand your quote very well.
You said: "of course the LN is better, that is a blessing given by Oni-sama"?
Did you read it?
What don't you get? Have you ever heard anyone ever say they liked a movie more than a book? Same thing with LN's and Anime Anime usually rush a few things here and there. There are differences in the LN and anime but the majority of it is pretty spot on. Obviously the LN's are more detailed so you can picture it yourself but that is a given.
Aug 11, 2016 5:28 AM

May 2009
Can I skip volume 1-3, and start from 4 if I watch anime... Or Anime skip so much and need read from begining?
Aug 11, 2016 5:44 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Otaku-Aniki said:
Can I skip volume 1-3, and start from 4 if I watch anime... Or Anime skip so much and need read from begining?
I haven't read Rakudai specifically but generally speaking when it comes to 1-cour LN adaptations that cover 3 volumes you can normally skip the volumes the anime covered and start from where it ended and you'll be fine, but if you really liked the show then you might as well read it from the beginning just to get those few extra scenes that were cut out. So it's probably up to you
Oct 26, 2016 10:10 PM
Feb 2014
Volume 4 is where the most interesting part starts, Volume 5 has a badass antagonist.

More topics from this board

» Volume 19 release date ?

crispycereal - Jul 24, 2021

3 by Nebus789 »»
Apr 19, 8:33 AM

» Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry J-novel club save series

Otaku-Aniki - Nov 18, 2023

5 by 00RATUL00 »»
Apr 19, 7:53 AM

Poll: » Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry Volume 2 Discussion

-Karoshi- - Aug 17, 2014

3 by Kevin9029 »»
Oct 19, 2023 10:50 AM

» The final volume will be released on 15 December, 2023

ARK-13 - Jul 21, 2023

7 by _asi »»
Oct 6, 2023 3:09 AM

» Reminder that if you disrespect Alice you are measurably worse than Shizuku

Rosiero - Feb 25, 2023

19 by KryoKat »»
Mar 11, 2023 6:32 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.