Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Feb 14, 2016 2:04 PM
Jun 2007
Guide is here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1LeOPzRm4SJRql6lFnX64Gqd8SaVK8cwhQbeg_JNmmFg/edit?usp=sharing

Though would anyone like to add anything specific to character development? Did I manage to skip any important character introductions? Any episode crucial to ongoing gags for example Shinpachi and his Glasses?

The reason I made this was so that my friends can catch up to Gintama's anime without haven't to go through all the non-plot centric or non character introducing episodes since it's a lot to watch, so just bear with that. (I myself have read and watched it, but I'm now backtracking today) I appreciate any assistance with making this "guide" better.

Please note: After Season 7 I got kind of lazy with outlining specifics, but at that point you're pretty much caught up after watching the essentials and could watch any episodes or other arcs in any order, right?
Jump_RebornFeb 14, 2016 3:01 PM
Feb 22, 2016 8:57 AM
Feb 2016
Yagyu arc was one of the funniest imo. a must watch :P
Feb 29, 2016 5:27 PM

Aug 2013
Jump_Reborn said:
Though would anyone like to add anything specific to character development? Did I manage to skip any important character introductions? Any episode crucial to ongoing gags for example Shinpachi and his Glasses?

Hijikata + his mayo obsession counts as a running gag, right? though i can't remember exactly when it started, i know ep 20 mentioned it a lot.

also i feel like the Mitsuba Arc should maybe be bolded? since it was kind of a serious arc, plus both Sougo and Hijikata get some development/backstory in it

anyways, tysm for making this! now i can just link my friends to this guide when they ask me where to even start with this show
Mar 12, 2016 1:02 PM
Jun 2007
goddesu said:
Jump_Reborn said:

Hijikata + his mayo obsession counts as a running gag, right? though i can't remember exactly when it started, i know ep 20 mentioned it a lot.

also i feel like the Mitsuba Arc should maybe be bolded? since it was kind of a serious arc, plus both Sougo and Hijikata get some development/backstory in it

anyways, tysm for making this! now i can just link my friends to this guide when they ask me where to even start with this show

Thanks for the input. Noted!

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gintama° Episode 51 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Tyrel - Mar 30, 2016

251 by ThalosShrine »»
Apr 15, 8:12 PM

Poll: » Gintama° Episode 47 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Tyrel - Mar 2, 2016

113 by HyperNova06 »»
Mar 20, 11:57 AM

Poll: » Gintama° Episode 42 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Tyrel - Jan 27, 2016

241 by HyperNova06 »»
Mar 18, 10:53 AM

Poll: » Gintama° Episode 40 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Tyrel - Jan 13, 2016

251 by Nymbris »»
Mar 10, 6:09 AM

» Thoughts on this season (Spoilers)

RahulSenpai - Mar 8

13 by RulyKinkajou59 »»
Mar 10, 4:42 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.