Forums
Fullmetal Alchemist
Available on Manga Store
New
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Feb 14, 2016 2:21 PM

Oct 2014
MiniSiets said:
FMA 2003 is a masterpiece. Brotherhood is a generic shounen wish fulfillment bastardization of it; its only saving grace being Olivier Armstrong.

You forgot to say that the 2003 version is a impossible to understand trainwreck
Compared with that a well executes shonen is way better(brotherhood)
Feb 14, 2016 2:35 PM

Jul 2015
I thought it was one of the best anime I've seen because I liked the linear plot, lack of plot-holes, ending with no loose ends, fast paced no filler straight to the point story, and tactical and well animated fight scenes :)
Feb 14, 2016 2:48 PM

Aug 2014
The thing that occurs while watching FMA:Brotherhood is basically this (for some people):

You see every anime site ( about 6 ) with the exception of the Japanese and German Anime sites, Brotherhood is Ranked #1 on all of them. And not close, its #1 by far.

What thoughts you have in mind?
This is gonna be the best anime of all time, it will make me forget to eat and to drink, it will mess up my ratings, it will make me feel empty after i finish it, its going to be an amazing experience. ( at least this was my thoughts before starting it, i had high expectations for it, i was so excited)

Then ... the first 20 episode was really hard to get into, silly humor and not an interesting story, i suffered a bit to get to the 20's, after that it became a lot better and to the end it was good.

That's the problem for some people i think, it ends up being just "Good"
It is defintaly a top 100 material, but i dont agree with its hype, and it has no haters which i find really weird. since its very hyped.

So yeah it is Overrated imo, but to you OP you have not reached the good part yet, so i suggest that you continue watching it, maybe you will like it.
Feb 14, 2016 3:32 PM

Jan 2014
If you ask my opinion, I said FMA B are really masterpiece.

Just watch it and judge equally like other anime
#1 make your expectation blind yourself
Feb 14, 2016 5:16 PM

Jun 2015
Getting the same story told differently can work at times, although it felt quite unappealing in this particular case after a few eps of FMA:B.

~ Watched the 2003 version when Brotherhood didn't even exist.

So I can avoid this kind of threads for the major part of it. I'm so fortunate.
Feb 14, 2016 5:21 PM

Apr 2015
gabrielrroiz said:
MiniSiets said:

You're right, I neglected to mention it because 2003's plot actually wasn't that hard to follow. I encourage you to rewatch it sometime when you've perhaps gained an attention span greater than a goldfish. You might gain a new perspective on it.

Making a entire new world appear in the last episode is something really easy to comprehend
I tried reqatching but the amount of plotholes in every episode was insane

If you know your christian literature, the "world" was foreshadowed as far back as episode 31, 16 minutes In.

TyrelFeb 14, 2016 8:39 PM
Feb 14, 2016 5:40 PM

Jun 2013
Some animes I watch for entertainment, others I watch because I'm interested in their mangas - to read and possibly buy them. It was the case with FullMetal Achemist so I watched the anime closest to the manga FullMetal Achemist: Brotherhood, and I was not disapointed. I really love the anime, characters, storyline, and the magic aspect in the anime "alchemy". I love magic so I have a fondness for wizards, witches, alchemists, or whatever name they're given.

I have no interest to watch the first version 2003.
Feb 14, 2016 5:58 PM

Jun 2015
@gabrielrroiz Not that I agree with MiniSets, but your arguments are terrible.
Feb 14, 2016 6:03 PM

Oct 2014
AltoRoark99 said:

i really do not remember the story of the 2003 version to argue about it so i am just throwing buzzwords
Feb 14, 2016 6:23 PM

Jun 2015
gabrielrroiz said:
AltoRoark99 said:

i really do not remember the story of the 2003 version to argue about it so i am just throwing buzzwords

You know that just randomly throwing buzzwords around makes you look like a pretentious butthead. It makes you sound just like ThatAnimeSnob.
Feb 15, 2016 8:44 AM

Sep 2012
The series played too much with religion. God is descending and stuff. wtf!
Way too much Illimunati stuff, everywhere eyes and pyramids...

Overall 8/10 for brothers bond.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 15, 2016 9:29 AM

Nov 2013
Klassical said:
The thing that occurs while watching FMA:Brotherhood is basically this (for some people):

You see every anime site ( about 6 ) with the exception of the Japanese and German Anime sites, Brotherhood is Ranked #1 on all of them. And not close, its #1 by far.

This is gonna be the best anime of all time, it will make me forget to eat and to drink, it will mess up my ratings, it will make me feel empty after i finish it, its going to be an amazing experience. ( at least this was my thoughts before starting it, i had high expectations for it, i was so excited)

Then ... the first 20 episode was really hard to get into, silly humor and not an interesting story, i suffered a bit to get to the 20's, after that it became a lot better and to the end it was good.

It is defintaly a top 100 material, but i dont agree with its hype, and it has no haters which i find really weird. since its very hyped.

So yeah it is Overrated imo, but to you OP you have not reached the good part yet, so i suggest that you continue watching it, maybe you will like it.

I watched it until ep. 34 and almost died of boredom tho. But I think it's more like personal preferences than "this anime sucks ugh I hate it".

Oh, and yes, OP, some people (like me) dislike FMA:B, but not because it's bad, just isn't their type of anime. I love Madoka Magica and I know a lot of people that simple dislike it and think it's bullshit. It's a flavors and colors thing, like someone once said.

My momma, your momma, gonna catch a witch,
My momma, your momma, flying on a switch,
My momma, your momma, witches never cry,
My momma, your momma, witches gonna die!

AWC 2017 | Anime list | Manga list
Feb 15, 2016 11:11 AM

Feb 2015
Koshka_ said:
Klassical said:

I watched it until ep. 34 and almost died of boredom tho. But I think it's more like personal preferences than "this anime sucks ugh I hate it".

Oh, and yes, OP, some people (like me) dislike FMA:B, but not because it's bad, just isn't their type of anime. I love Madoka Magica and I know a lot of people that simple dislike it and think it's bullshit. It's a flavors and colors thing, like someone once said.

Your patient is way better than mine, I stopped at EP015-16, the what I call "character introduction" and what not...
I also like Madoka Magica, one of the few anime that surprised me in terms of plot and character development. Surely, not everyone will like Madoka Magica, it's R17 + for a reason.
Feb 15, 2016 11:15 AM

Jul 2015
Fox_123 said:
Koshka_ said:

Your patient is way better than mine, I stopped at EP015-16, the what I call "character introduction" and what not...
I also like Madoka Magica, one of the few anime that surprised me in terms of plot and character development. Surely, not everyone will like Madoka Magica, it's R17 + for a reason.

Anime ratings are a joke .

I know an anime that has elementary school lolis making out .

It's rated 13+ .
Wohooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Feb 15, 2016 11:23 AM

Feb 2015
SodiumChloride said:
Fox_123 said:

It's rated 13+ .

Well... Look at Madoka Magica's page, its R17 +
Feb 15, 2016 11:26 AM

Jul 2015
Fox_123 said:
SodiumChloride said:

It's rated 13+ .

My point is that anime age ratings are a confusing affair and so you shouldn't really see them as meaning much .I know younger people who love Madoka and I know older people who hate it .

Lolis making out should normally be a more sketchy affair than grimdark madoka .
Wohooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Feb 15, 2016 11:29 AM

Feb 2015
SodiumChloride said:
Fox_123 said:

My point is that anime age ratings are a confusing affair and so you shouldn't really see them as meaning much .I know younger people who love Madoka and I know older people who hate it .

Lolis making out should normally be a more sketchy affair than grimdark madoka .

Ok... I get what your saying, but anime rating in terms for ages are helpful. In my opinion of course.
Feb 15, 2016 3:37 PM
Jul 2018
I didn't like it. These kind of anime are an acquired taste and I didn't grow up to like it. Sure, the characters and story are developed, but 30 episodes arcs are not my cup of tea.

For example, here is a character development of a bad guy that turns good. Scar goes on rampage ( EP 6). Why? Cause his whole town was destroyed ( EP 22). Why? Because there was an invasion of his homeland ( EP 16). Why? A civil war was started when an officer shot a child ( EP 15). Why ? Because the officer was bad guy in disguise (EP 24). Why? To start a civil war and her boss needed people to make philosophers stones ( EP 30). Why? To make minions and build a small power nation though military incidents throughout the world (EP. 35). Why? To wipe out humans and bring a new era of evolved humans, the Humoculi (EP 37). Why? The Humoculi is not really a race and a single being created in ancient times through a bad science experiment ( EP 40). Why? It wants to become perfect human being ( EP 55), become God (EP 60) create a giant transmutation circle (EP 61)by absorbing 50 million people (EP 62) .

Now, if watching dozens of episodes to make sense of a story constitutes “character develop and story”, then go ahead. Watch FMA. For everyone else, it’s way too much for your attention span. I dropped reading the Harry Books at around 6 cause I just didn't care.

Given, though this is no surprise, I don't like the Fate Zero, or Fate Stay night.
removed-userFeb 15, 2016 3:50 PM
Feb 15, 2016 6:58 PM

Feb 2015
I didn't like it. These kind of anime are an acquired taste and I didn't grow up to like it. Sure, the characters and story are developed, but 30 episodes arcs are not my cup of tea.

For example, here is a character development of a bad guy that turns good. Scar goes on rampage ( EP 6). Why? Cause his whole town was destroyed ( EP 22). Why? Because there was an invasion of his homeland ( EP 16). Why? A civil war was started when an officer shot a child ( EP 15). Why ? Because the officer was bad guy in disguise (EP 24). Why? To start a civil war and her boss needed people to make philosophers stones ( EP 30). Why? To make minions and build a small power nation though military incidents throughout the world (EP. 35). Why? To wipe out humans and bring a new era of evolved humans, the Humoculi (EP 37). Why? The Humoculi is not really a race and a single being created in ancient times through a bad science experiment ( EP 40). Why? It wants to become perfect human being ( EP 55), become God (EP 60) create a giant transmutation circle (EP 61)by absorbing 50 million people (EP 62) .

Now, if watching dozens of episodes to make sense of a story constitutes “character develop and story”, then go ahead. Watch FMA. For everyone else, it’s way too much for your attention span. I dropped reading the Harry Books at around 6 cause I just didn't care.

Given, though this is no surprise, I don't like the Fate Zero, or Fate Stay night.

Yeah bro. In my opinion you have to put a spoiler tag in your BS. I get it you don't like it, but there's also some users that are planning to watch FMA:B and you don't have to give the grasp of the story.
Feb 16, 2016 4:08 PM

Apr 2015
Star_Slayer said:
FMA > FMA:B
That's all I'm going to say

I feel the same way, I personally thought the Dante arc was far better than the whole "father" shit.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 4, 2016 11:49 AM
Dec 2015
Well honestly i love FMA:B. And i think you are missing a lot if you are dropping it this quick. The story doesn't start until about the 30th episode or so. New charecters will get intruduced and the story will get better and better. It will blow of your mind and surpass any expectations you had for the story. The pace is very quick at the start so you may not be comfortable with it but i promise you will get used to the pace and it will get slower. Try it again if you still dont like it then i guess its a matter of taste and not everyone likes the same thing. But please watch until episode 30 or so before judging it
Kira_donoMar 22, 2016 12:42 PM
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

samatar45 - Oct 2, 2009

286 by Fortvne »»
Apr 22, 4:31 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 27 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ahenshihael - Oct 11, 2009

296 by Fortvne »»
Apr 22, 4:31 PM

» What’s bad about this anime ( 1 2 3 )

sangonomiya_k - Nov 18, 2023

132 by Chewbaccaccino »»
Apr 21, 8:53 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

adamantine - Aug 16, 2009

215 by JoeyBadaSS »»
Apr 20, 10:29 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 64 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ahenshihael - Jul 4, 2010

965 by _dziku »»
Apr 19, 2:40 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.