Forum Settings
Forums
New
Feb 8, 2016 11:38 AM

Dec 2015
I've always tinkered with music with guitar and piano, but this is my first real alteration/mix of a track using ONLY Audacity free version. Overdubbed my own vocals, etc. It's better w/headphones because I added an ambient effect where my vocals transfer back and forth between headphones.

I put a fair bit of work into it, just wondering for my very first attempt at something like this what people think? (and yes I know acknowledge it's not supremely polished, again first attempt trying anything like this using only Audacity's free software and the world's worst microphone, the Blue Snowball)

M_ParabolaFeb 8, 2016 2:55 PM
Feb 8, 2016 1:58 PM

Mar 2012
First off, upgrade to something like Ableton. I use Audacity for noise, but everything else (+noise) I do in Ableton. You'll have better control, effects, and so on. Plus a much wider range of possibilities.

As for the remix, I'm not familiar with the original so I had to look it up to see how much you remixed. It's a pretty weak remix tbh, you didn't do much. Sounds like it was slightly edited then you sang over it. I like your voice more than the original's though.

How long have you been doing stuff?
Feb 8, 2016 2:02 PM

Jan 2012
It's nice for your first remix , what's the original song?

Feb 8, 2016 2:18 PM

Dec 2015
If Ableton has a free version or one I can get via Torrents I'll give it a shot. I'd rather spend money on a better mic, I use the Blue Yeti at work to do just like podcast monologue and it's so much better. As for how long I've been doing this as far as remixing goes, literally a day. That was the first day I tried doing anything like this. I'm a guitar player, been playing guitar for 10 years only ever done backup vocals on stage. I record our podcast crap with Audacity but I've never messed with the settings at all, just recorded straight and put it up. I wanted to keep it close to the original because again, I have no real experience plus the Sound Remedy Remix of that song is the best. There's no topping it, they did what I would have done if I could have. So I fused the original as an alternate instead w/female vocals almost"speaking back" to his, but adjusted his as much as I could not only to quiet him but make him almost like a ghost and the female vocals are singing to that ghost instead. So it's not far off you're 100% right but there's definitely more of a phase added to the backdrop to fit my voice in as much as I could with what I had. I dunno, I'm just shooting in the dark lol. I would love to get better at it, and I've been doing some research after my podcast mate said I'd be good for ambient mixes that I have a weird range that sounds eerie and is "mixable" whatever the hell that means lol
M_ParabolaFeb 8, 2016 2:53 PM
Feb 8, 2016 2:35 PM

Dec 2015
original. Mine is definitely edited to a higher register, a degree slower, and I added more reverb/phase to the audio bits so it'd be less dull when the singing hits. Audacity wouldn't let me dampen his voice as much as I would have liked though, nor would it let me access the levels for my own voice. I dunno what to call my version... mix, cover, edit? I screwed with a ton of back end edits, there's a download link in the YT description of my video to the HQ link. YT compressed it so much when I uploaded you only hear it at like 75%
M_ParabolaFeb 8, 2016 2:40 PM

More topics from this board

» Made An Anime Youtube Video thoughts?

panque - Apr 23

7 by whitebeartigtig »»
4 hours ago

» share your amv! ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Animetwins - May 5, 2015

1011 by Freshell »»
Yesterday, 12:47 PM

» Share Your YouTube Channel/Videos! ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

nin-tendo - Dec 16, 2022

369 by _HaSSaaN_ »»
Yesterday, 5:39 AM

» "Tenchi Muyo!" TAKARA Doll Series (1995/1997?)

MasterTasuke - May 9

0 by MasterTasuke »»
May 9, 12:45 PM

» The Poetry thread ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

TheConquerer - Sep 17, 2015

221 by SkiesOfBlue »»
May 8, 11:14 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.