Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jan 14, 2016 2:06 PM
Dec 2015
what do you guys think, will this be the last thing we see animited from the "muv-luv" francise or are we going to get more, and if so, what do you think we will get? (keep the LN/VN spoilers tagged please)

Jan 15, 2016 4:50 AM

Jan 2014
If I remember correctly, MLA author said that an anime adaption for the Muv Luv trilogy was possible depending on how well the kickstarter did (...and we all know the kickstarter did muuuch more than just well) so it's not really out of question that the ML trilogy would get an adaption later on.

That said, it wouldn't work with anything less than 75-100+ episodes... so rip?
Jan 15, 2016 4:53 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
The writer said they were considering adapting MLA after they saw what a huge success the recent kickstarter was, so it might actually happen. Still only a possibility though; don't take anything for granted

Either way they'd need 2 cours for Extra + Unlimited and like 3-4 cours for Alternative in order to make a good adaptation, plus that level of mecha production value is probably something only Sunrise is capable of pulling off, so that's a pretty tall order no matter what
Jan 15, 2016 5:47 AM
Dec 2015
WormBro said:
If I remember correctly, MLA author said that an anime adaption for the Muv Luv trilogy was possible depending on how well the kickstarter did (...and we all know the kickstarter did muuuch more than just well) so it's not really out of question that the ML trilogy would get an adaption later on.

how well are we talking? :O
Jan 15, 2016 7:54 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Afropanda202 said:
WormBro said:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/muvluv/muv-luv-a-pretty-sweet-visual-novel-series/description

Goal was $250,000, they got $1,255,444. So over 500% of what they were hoping for
Jan 15, 2016 8:21 AM

Jan 2014
Afropanda202 said:
WormBro said:

It was a massive success, basically. Their initial goal ($250k) got funded in 17 hours and the numbers kept stacking on that they had to update the kickstarter and add more stretch goals multiple times. Needless to say, even with more addition of multiple stretch goals, they all got funded, too.

It earned twice as much as the Clannad kickstarter (well, more actually) and is the biggest VN kickstarter to date, I think.

The author was really happy, iirc.
Jan 15, 2016 8:26 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
WormBro said:
Afropanda202 said:

It was a massive success, basically. Their initial goal ($250k) got funded in 17 hours and the numbers kept stacking on that they had to update the kickstarter and add more stretch goals multiple times. Needless to say, even with more addition of multiple stretch goals, they all got funded, too.

It earned twice as much as the Clannad kickstarter (well, more actually) and is the biggest VN kickstarter to date, I think.

The author was really happy, iirc.
Pretty much

Jan 15, 2016 8:54 AM
Dec 2015
aww ;( damn i want one of those plushie's, not worth that muich tho
Jan 15, 2016 9:25 AM

Apr 2015
This will be one of the most anticipated adaptation EVER.
#CHEXIT
Jan 15, 2016 1:51 PM

Jan 2015
How's Schwarzesmarken doing in Japan (in both anime and VN I mean)?
Jan 15, 2016 2:51 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Xenocrisi said:
Idk but given that Age have seemingly made a living by doing nothing but spinoffs, fandiscs and side stories based on MLA for the last 10 years I reckon it ought to be at least somewhat financially profitable...

Seriously it's kind of hard to be a fan of Muv-Luv sometimes when they keep milking it so hard it's not even funny :s
Jan 15, 2016 4:45 PM
Dec 2015
HaXXspetten said:
Xenocrisi said:
Idk but given that Age have seemingly made a living by doing nothing but spinoffs, fandiscs and side stories based on MLA for the last 10 years I reckon it ought to be at least somewhat financially profitable...

Seriously it's kind of hard to be a fan of Muv-Luv sometimes when they keep milking it so hard it's not even funny :s

I WANT A ORIGINAL ANIME ABOUT THE WAR IN VIEW OF THE BETA, we following a soldier class or laser class in his consription to take over earth, rated R+ for all the gore, and horror
Jan 15, 2016 5:27 PM
Feb 2015
Afropanda202 said:
HaXXspetten said:

I WANT A ORIGINAL ANIME ABOUT THE WAR IN VIEW OF THE BETA, we following a soldier class or laser class in his consription to take over earth, rated R+ for all the gore, and horror

Unfortunately the regular BETA classes has no will of their own, they're just like machines only.
Jan 15, 2016 5:59 PM
Dec 2015
ixarising said:
Afropanda202 said:

Unfortunately the regular BETA classes has no will of their own, they're just like machines only.

i can sound realy stupid now (didn't read the LN or VN) but isn't that what the humans "think" ? maybe they do have a will but it could be suppressed by those "hives"? or am i saying something that is clashing so hard with the adaptive material now?
Jan 15, 2016 7:06 PM

Jul 2008
I like Muv-Luv Alternative: Total Eclipse because of the mass killings in the show and so I hope Schwarzesmarken lives up to my expectation.
Jan 16, 2016 1:00 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Afropanda202 said:
ixarising said:

i can sound realy stupid now (didn't read the LN or VN) but isn't that what the humans "think" ? maybe they do have a will but it could be suppressed by those "hives"? or am i saying something that is clashing so hard with the adaptive material now?
Explaining that in detail would be spoilers
Jan 16, 2016 5:06 AM

Jan 2014
So Degica stated that there's something bigger than Schwarzesmarken localization coming after MLA is done with it's translation and released. And apparently Yoshimune hinted it in his last vid.

KimiNozo localization or Muv luv trilogy anime adaption?

There's nothing bigger than Schwarzes as far as I know besides those two possibilities.
Jan 16, 2016 10:53 PM

Sep 2014
There's just no way that the right budget, team, and vision could come together to make a truly worthy Muv Luv trilogy anime. I can't ever see it happening. What a dream though...

More topics from this board

Poll: » Schwarzesmarken Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2016

173 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Sep 25, 2023 8:10 AM

Poll: » Schwarzesmarken Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 20, 2016

78 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Sep 25, 2023 7:58 AM

Poll: » Schwarzesmarken Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 13, 2016

176 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Sep 25, 2023 2:14 AM

Poll: » Schwarzesmarken Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 6, 2016

115 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Sep 24, 2023 10:28 PM

Poll: » Schwarzesmarken Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 14, 2016

76 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Sep 23, 2023 6:11 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.