If you didn't known already.

Will you see it?
Jan 13, 2016 4:26 PM

Aug 2015
Nah, I'll wait for it to be online. xD
Jan 13, 2016 4:28 PM
#1 Hitagi Lover

Apr 2014
The NJ and NY theaters that are screening it are about 20 to 30 minutes of a drive from where I live so I'm definitely gonna go and see it. I still can't purchase the tickets since they're not listed yet for those theaters though.
Jan 13, 2016 4:29 PM

Feb 2013
hooray now i will be able to watch it in my vacation in Nicaragua

oh wait wrong america nvm

it better get a San Marino release too just like madoka 3
Jan 13, 2016 4:31 PM

May 2012
Hell yeah. Gonna pick up senjougahara cosplayers at the screenings.
Jan 13, 2016 4:32 PM

Jan 2010
Moved from Anime Discussion
Jan 13, 2016 6:16 PM

Apr 2014
GOT MY TICKET

IM CRYING
Jan 13, 2016 7:15 PM
Feb 2012
No Canada? This sucks.
Jan 13, 2016 9:33 PM

Feb 2014
I just bought my ticket for the showing on Feb 28th in Littleton, CO.

This will mark the first time I'll ever have been to an anime movie screening like this.... (well, my hometown did have a special screening for Spirited Away during our film festival and the entire school got to watch it, so I guess that's technically the first but this is different).

Anyways, be jealous.
Jan 13, 2016 9:55 PM

Dec 2009
Nice, mine is only 20 minutes away. Hopefully the next two movies of kizu will follow this and I'll be able to watch all 3 in theaters.
Jan 13, 2016 10:05 PM

Jun 2014
Boston always be snubbed...
Jan 13, 2016 10:12 PM

Aug 2009
If only they showed this in Canada :(

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself."
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Jan 14, 2016 7:38 AM
Sep 2013
I'm guessing its subtitles only?
Jan 19, 2016 4:06 PM
May 2015
Kagami_Hiiragi said:

It's not on the Kizu website for some reason, but there is a Kizu showing near Boston at the Brattle theater, where the Madoka movies were shown.
Link: http://www.brattlefilm.org/2016/03/05/kizumonogatari-part-1-tekketsu/#tickets
Jan 19, 2016 4:32 PM

Jun 2014
Mado_Mura said:
Kagami_Hiiragi said:

It's not on the Kizu website for some reason, but there is a Kizu showing near Boston at the Brattle theater, where the Madoka movies were shown.
Link: http://www.brattlefilm.org/2016/03/05/kizumonogatari-part-1-tekketsu/#tickets

Omg, thank you! I'm so happy.
Jan 27, 2016 12:01 AM

Sep 2013
Smh i don't want to watch this with a buncha strangers
wow
Jan 27, 2016 12:15 AM

May 2015
Wonder how many people will be at the theater? Don't think Monogatari is that popular in the states. xD

Jan 28, 2016 11:14 PM

Jul 2013
If I had known and had I had the money, I would have gone to see it in Houston.
Omne Solum Forti Patria
Feb 6, 2016 9:56 PM

Sep 2013
Fuck! Closest cinema is Sacramento and thus over 2 hours away through the Sierra mountains.
MundaneAfro said:
Smh i don't want to watch this with a buncha strangers
Actually, that's all too fair a point. I'll definitely wait for its home release.
Feb 7, 2016 12:56 PM

Dec 2011
It seems like you guys don't understand what a screening like this is - it's just an environment you'd have to experience at least once. A whole bunch of fans of the series in one room, no one's embarassed, really. Rebellion and the AnoHana movie both had lively crowds when I saw them in San Fran and Downtown SD, respectively.

That aside, the LA screenings sold out a day after they were put up, so I'm buying my tickets ASAP.
Feb 8, 2016 11:29 PM

Jun 2015
I am going to watch it on February 28th. Though I have a bit of traveling to do as my nearest theater showing it is 3 hours away.
It will be worth it though. So excited for my first of many anime showings yet to come.
And what better way to start it off then with an entry from the Monogatari Series.
Feb 17, 2016 2:23 AM

Sep 2013
HeroicHelmsman said:
I am going to watch it on February 28th. Though I have a bit of traveling to do as my nearest theater showing it is 3 hours away.
It will be worth it though. So excited for my first of many anime showings yet to come.
And what better way to start it off then with an entry from the Monogatari Series.
Have fun, man. If i do go, which i probably won't, the feelings will definitely be mutual
wow
Feb 19, 2016 1:07 AM

Jun 2015
MundaneAfro said:
HeroicHelmsman said:
Have fun, man. If i do go, which i probably won't, the feelings will definitely be mutual

Thank you. Mutual feelings are so nice.
How did you get a gif that small? I couldn't find any in the right size
Feb 22, 2016 2:33 AM

Sep 2013
HeroicHelmsman said:
MundaneAfro said:

Resized it :)
Also, chances of me going are gradually increasing
wow
Feb 22, 2016 11:32 AM

Jun 2015
MundaneAfro said:
HeroicHelmsman said:

That's great. Hope your chances go to 110%
I'm viewing it on the 28th. Only have to wait six days. Huzzah!
It 's a baka like question to ask. But how do you resize a GIF?
Feb 22, 2016 8:54 PM

Sep 2013
HeroicHelmsman said:
MundaneAfro said:

I googled and used a gif resizer website, but I don't remember exactly which site lol
I'm sure whatever you google should work fine
wow
Feb 22, 2016 10:26 PM

Jun 2015
MundaneAfro said:
HeroicHelmsman said:

I googled and used a gif resizer website, but I don't remember exactly which site lol
I'm sure whatever you google should work fine

Smart. Google-sama is very helpful. Now I can't believe I didn't do that. (But I will have to believe it.)
Feb 23, 2016 6:59 PM

Nov 2013
I'm gonna be there on the theaters 1hr before it plays, I can't afford to be late.
Hayao Miyazaki was a Mistake
-Anime

Feb 26, 2016 9:10 PM
Jul 2018
There's basically no theater that close to me that's playing it
Also I'm not nearly to this part of the series yet … still have more to watch after second season, right?
Anyway I'm on a marathon refresher because it's been awhile since I watched.

All the same I'd love to go
If I also didn't dread at the thought of being one of the few women who may show up… possibly being surrounded by scary greasepit weebs…
Feb 26, 2016 9:13 PM

May 2015
HOLYSHITTHISISSOMEMAJORNEWSLIKESHITIHAVENTREALLYCAUGHTUPWITHALLHESEASONSYETBUTTHISISBIGNEWSLIKEBIGLIKEHOLYSHITIMIGHTJUSTSEEIT
Freddy Nicholas said:
have control, be yourself, god is dead
Feb 26, 2016 9:33 PM

Nov 2011
I know a theater that isn't too far away from where I am but decided to just wait for BDs for HQ. That being said, I've read some feedback of the movie and has been quite positive from what I've heard.
Feb 26, 2016 10:39 PM

Feb 2015
dizzyur said:
Also I'm not nearly to this part of the series yet … still have more to watch after second season, right?

If I also didn't dread at the thought of being one of the few women who may show up… possibly being surrounded by scary greasepit weebs…

This movie is chronologically the first thing to happen so don't worry about haven't seen all the seasons. And if you see monogatari you're are a weeb too.

Now let me cry for not living in a country that shows the movie.
cristobaljvpFeb 27, 2016 3:48 PM
Feb 27, 2016 1:08 PM

Sep 2012
cristobaljvp said:
Now let me cry for not living in a country that show the movie.

I shall cry with you. Why no love to Canada
Friends are there to lend a hand when you can’t do something on your own. It’s not one person doing all the work protecting everyone, we help each other when in need. That’s what friends are for.
Mar 4, 2016 9:06 AM

Jun 2015
dizzyur said:

Kizumonogatari is the prequel to the whole entire Monogatari Series. So somebody could watch it even if they had never seen near heard hide or hair of the Monogatari Series
It's like the Vampire Koyomi Araragi's origin story essentially.
The only women thing might be true though, as the showing I went to had only 6 women out of a 70 total attendance
Mar 4, 2016 1:56 PM
Jul 2018
HeroicHelmsman said:
dizzyur said:

Kizumonogatari is the prequel to the whole entire Monogatari Series. So somebody could watch it even if they had never seen near heard hide or hair of the Monogatari Series
It's like the Vampire Koyomi Araragi's origin story essentially.
The only women thing might be true though, as the showing I went to had only 6 women out of a 70 total attendance

it's not exactly a show that's a magnet for women, i'm sure some mistake it for a typical harem anime due to the content they've seen (or based on the toothbrush scene a fetish film), but i thoroughly have enjoyed it, so i guess i'm in a minority. also, the cast mainly consists of women and Araragi, my son, so...
Apr 11, 2016 3:52 PM
Nov 2015
Does anyone know where I can purchase, download, or otherwise watch this atm? I looked at the official screening and I missed all the ones that are within my reach. According to my web searching there aren't yet any DVD's, downloads, or torrents available.

Edit; actually it doesn't matter where I go, the last screening was in Chicago on 4/1. So I'm SOL. So anyone know when the DVD will become available?
Jul 15, 2016 4:47 PM

Jun 2015
Peabot said:
Does anyone know where I can purchase, download, or otherwise watch this atm? I looked at the official screening and I missed all the ones that are within my reach. According to my web searching there aren't yet any DVD's, downloads, or torrents available.

Edit; actually it doesn't matter where I go, the last screening was in Chicago on 4/1. So I'm SOL. So anyone know when the DVD will become available?

July 27th is the Japanese release date for Nekketsu-hen Blu-Ray/DVD. Not sure about a English Sub release date as of right now.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kizumonogatari Part 1: Tekketsu-hen Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Djidji - Jan 29, 2016

224 by otakuanity »»
Mar 25, 2:57 PM

» Disregarding the fact that the internal monologues were omitted, how good of an adaptation do the people who have watched the movie think it is?

Mado_Mura - Jan 10, 2016

6 by KleptoKritikal »»
Mar 5, 7:00 AM

Poll: » What would you do if you have your limbs chopped off, laying in the ground and no one notices you?

TheRayquaza - Jan 22

16 by dicloflom »»
Jan 23, 8:55 PM

» Needs the gore tag

RaltsPokemon - Dec 15, 2023

5 by RaltsPokemon »»
Dec 18, 2023 10:40 AM

» Can I watch this? ( 1 2 )

Cheggeronis - Jul 12, 2023

53 by LordAtsukiYoru »»
Jul 28, 2023 7:52 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.