Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jan 9, 2016 5:18 PM
Oct 2015
(I know it's not techincally an anime so don't scream at me!)

So a couple of years ago RoosterTeeth and Monty Oum(RIP) posted the first episode of a webshow called "RWBY". It was an anime inspired 3D animated show, that as of me writing this, has three seasons. I personally love the show and everything that comes with it, so I'd like to know, what are your thoughts on RWBY? Do you like it, hate it, or even think it deserves to be on MAL? Let me know here.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jan 9, 2016 5:19 PM

Jan 2008
The current season is such a bore. The fights use to be nice to watch but now that there's no more Monty, they are just so bad I completely lost interest and stopped watching.
Jan 9, 2016 5:20 PM

Feb 2013
I don't watch cartoons that much anymore, maybe Scooby-Doo on TV during lunch, but nothing more.

Feb 2013
doesnt +1 my completed so it might as well not exist

Dec 2015
It's one of my favourite shows(even have a shirt of it). I'm not sure it belongs on MAL though.
Jan 9, 2016 5:22 PM

Aug 2011
Only watched the first season. It wasn't bad, I just don't care about it.

Jan 9, 2016 5:25 PM

Nov 2011
I dropped it and stop caring. Maybe I'll watch it when they dub in it Japanese.

Jan 9, 2016 5:26 PM
Oct 2014
It's okay, but I couldn't care too much for the show, as of yet it's barely moving anywhere.
Jan 9, 2016 5:30 PM

Nov 2014
romagia said:
Lol, this is golden. Pretty much how I feel about most American Cartoons.

Jan 9, 2016 5:33 PM
Dec 2015
I enjoyed the fights in the first 2 seasons i haven't really went out of my way to check out its newest season. Really depends on what you like.
Jan 9, 2016 5:49 PM

Sep 2013
It tries too hard, especially the voice acting and jokes.
Jan 9, 2016 5:51 PM
Feb 2011
Googled it, watched for a minute and it looks like garbage that I'll never watch again.
These are pretty much my thoughts on it.
Jan 9, 2016 5:54 PM

Jun 2015
RWBY is okay. They were trying to make it funny but honestly, didn't do crap for me.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 9, 2016 5:55 PM

Jan 2008
ichii_1 said:
It tries too hard, especially the voice acting and jokes.

Could always just watch the Japanese version.

Jan 9, 2016 5:57 PM
Jan 2013
My sis made me watch the first two episodes or whatever you call it.

"Heeeeey, choreographed fighting sceeeeenes!", it was hella boring. I might try the manga if there exists any decent story out of it.
gone bai bai
Jan 9, 2016 6:03 PM

Sep 2015
Best anime ever, not even Avatar can top that.
NasalShark said:
I'd love to squeeze your nipples until they look like a purple slushie, Senpai.

Jan 9, 2016 6:10 PM

Jul 2011
Just that it's not something that i care about
Jan 9, 2016 6:19 PM

Jan 2016
Watched the first season, was excited to get a second season, never ended up even starting the second season.

That's probably because I came across Yuri fanfiction of it and never looked back.
Jan 9, 2016 6:20 PM

Sep 2009
Ehh, the filthy casuals I know said it wasn't good...
Be thankful for the wisdom granted to you.
Jan 9, 2016 6:21 PM

Apr 2015
R.I.P In pepperino's Monty. You made the show worth looking at.
Jan 9, 2016 6:43 PM

May 2014
It's shit.

But then again, almost everything Rooster Teeth makes is shit.
Anyone who doesn't hate anime hasn't watched enough anime.
- Anonymous
Jan 9, 2016 6:51 PM

Nov 2014
The animation in the fight scenes are pretty great, but don't like any of the characters. Only watched the first season though.
I'm not a lolicon, you're just projecting your tendency to lewd 2D characters.

If your favourite character is Tsutsukakushi Tsukiko, you are my soul mate.

Been a long time since I've been here, I'll continue expressing myself freely and believe everyone should too.
My MAL Interview
Jan 9, 2016 7:01 PM

Dec 2015
lol pretty damn boring. My brother absolutely loves it, but I don't get the appeal.

If there is anyone who likes it, please tell me why you do becuse I don't get it.
Banner credit to @turnip
Jan 9, 2016 9:04 PM

Jan 2015
I recently discovered RWBY a few months ago and honestly I thought it was good. The animation is well done, it was funny and the characters are awesome. To be honest, I don't understand the boredom behind this as I find the story to be really interesting. Oh well, I'll never know.
Jan 9, 2016 9:06 PM

Apr 2014
Honestly, the trailers for the girls were far better than the actual show. But the show itself has its own merits I think deserve at least a little praise.
Jan 9, 2016 11:05 PM

Jul 2014
This belongs in the Anime Discussion section
Jan 10, 2016 2:15 AM

Apr 2008
The fight scenes are pretty nice. I finished the first season awhile back, just have too many things going on to continue.

You are afraid to die, and you're afraid to live. What a way to exist.
Neale Donald Walsch

Feb 11, 2016 4:53 PM

Sep 2015
I've started watching this a while ago, finally on the 3rd season. With each season, art quality improved a lot. I'm enjoying this a lot, and tbh it's refreshing to hear my own language. The songs sung in the series were alright. The characters are interesting, and I loved the fight scenes for the most part. It's funny how almost every weapon has a built-in gun. Like HOW?!?! The humor in the show was kinda cheesy, but it was still funny. The main antagonist is interesting, and I like how she bides her time and knows what she's doing. Yep, I'll be sticking around to see how this ends. :P
I turn myself invisible.
Feb 12, 2016 4:19 PM

Jul 2007
Season 3 pretty much tops anything anime has thrown at me in last two or three years. There's not a single bad thing I can say about it. Feels and suffering all around. The fact that show has some of the BEST soundtracks possible also helps.

Since this anime season had absolutely nothing worth watching, I have absolutely no regrets in spending time to catch up with RWBY, since I stopped after Vol2 and was wanting to just binge watch Vol3 once its complete.

Overall, its perfection. Perfect OST, Mysterious and engaging lore and plot twists, realistic and flawed characters (weiss best gril) and batshit insane fights.
AhenshihaelFeb 12, 2016 4:24 PM
Feb 12, 2016 5:00 PM

Mar 2014
It has a good soundtrack

That's pretty much its only redeeming quality
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Feb 13, 2016 3:30 AM

Aug 2015
Watched the first episode, didn't find it interesting enough to continue watching.
Feb 13, 2016 7:28 AM

Dec 2015
I didn't like the show at first... The animation put me off. Until I forced myself to watch it when and started to like it. Being a huge RT fan even if RWBY Vol.3 and future installments are complete shit I'll still compulsively watch them.

RWBY soundtracks are the best thing ever tho....
Feb 13, 2016 12:41 PM

Jul 2007
Vol3 finale destroyed me good. Literally most glorious thing I have seen in last two years in terms of animation and story. The wait till Vol4 will be damn painful.

Also damn beautiful cinematography:

Its hilarious that one of the most beautifully shot shows right now is all-cgi.
Feb 13, 2016 5:35 PM

Aug 2013
Try hard the show, its cringy shit trying desperately to appeal to the weeb's they assume will just lap it up.

Its trash and a waste of time exposing eyes to. If "hru derp but gud fite scenes" is just enough for some people to stick around more than one episode then Transformers 2 must be teh best muvie evr to you because it has like one cool fight scene in.

Its animation is dated as, I used to watch saturday morning cgi cartoons in the 90's that looked the same as this show does now and its fan base suffers from a few other show issues like Steven universes in that they're literally the worst or extremely immature.
SpooksFeb 13, 2016 5:48 PM
Feb 13, 2016 7:51 PM

Jan 2011
Spooks said:
Try hard the show, its cringy shit trying desperately to appeal to the weeb's they assume will just lap it up.

Its trash and a waste of time exposing eyes to. If "hru derp but gud fite scenes" is just enough for some people to stick around more than one episode then Transformers 2 must be teh best muvie evr to you because it has like one cool fight scene in.

Its animation is dated as, I used to watch saturday morning cgi cartoons in the 90's that looked the same as this show does now and its fan base suffers from a few other show issues like Steven universes in that they're literally the worst or extremely immature.

Someone beat me to it
Feb 13, 2016 9:07 PM

Apr 2015
its actually really good, at first it was just friendships and such but the people behind it really are trying to make it more realistic than "main characters always win because friendship" or some bull like that.

The trailers and S1&S2 Had amazing fight scenes of course because of Monty (R.I.P)
But I'm actually a big fan of S3 because you really notice how dark things got.

When <Insert Spoilers> and then he fell to the ground I was like "woah" and then Ruby <Insert Spoiler> and then later on when Yang started charging <Insert Spoiler> "OH MY GAWD!! <Insert Spoiler> right in the stomach!!

RWBY is really great especially since it's still considered an amateur production

Can you believe this is a story they made up?
Mkim said:
I only beat off to 180 year old woman,
that's like 10 times legal age so I'm 10 times a good citizen who's not going to jail.
Kyubey said:
◕ ‿‿ ◕ do you want to be a mahou shoujo?
Feb 14, 2016 12:34 AM

Feb 2016
i love rwby! it's such a fun show, and the fight scenes are wonderful. pretty amazing that monty used to make most of it himself. the soundtrack is also good
Feb 14, 2016 12:45 AM

Apr 2012
And victory is in a simple soul.
Feb 14, 2016 9:59 PM

Feb 2015
i give it a very meh rating. the actual show disappointed me so greatly compared to my hype and what i expected from the previews (yes, i was there for video one). red would have to be the most disappointing character in there. she's much to "peppy" and hardly takes anything seriously - the antithesis of the preview.

oh yeah, and let's not forget the "war" that's supposedly supposed to be going on in the OP and we've only come to the monsters 2 weeks ago. and we're like episode 12, 13? come on. it really looks like the writers have no idea what to do.
Feb 15, 2016 2:18 AM

Jul 2007
TomDay said:

oh yeah, and let's not forget the "war" that's supposedly supposed to be going on in the OP and we've only come to the monsters 2 weeks ago. and we're like episode 12, 13? come on. it really looks like the writers have no idea what to do.

Are you fucking serious?

The "war" was already set up and hinted with the Goliaths a whole season ago. Ad I don't know any other fitting word to describe the last ~4-5 episodes as anything else but war. Not to mention the implication of

If anything the fact that they bring up things foreshadowed as early as first episode or things that were hinted in song lyrics should tell y ou that everything is pre-planned to perfection. I mean we got this song THREE YEARS ago. and it seems to directly describe the current events. Even something as simple as the first OP lyrics have foreshadowing to

King_Savage said:

RWBY is really great especially since it's still considered an amateur production

Considering it is released on bluray and dub sold like hotcakes in japan, its had to call it amateur by now. Vol1 is certainly a passion project and Vol2 might be debatable, but Vol3 is both in budget and quality a full-fledged production.
AhenshihaelFeb 15, 2016 2:44 AM
Feb 15, 2016 9:33 PM

Feb 2015
Fai said:
TomDay said:

Are you fucking serious?

The "war" was already set up and hinted with the Goliaths a whole season ago. Ad I don't know any other fitting word to describe the last ~4-5 episodes as anything else but war. Not to mention the implication of

If anything the fact that they bring up things foreshadowed as early as first episode or things that were hinted in song lyrics should tell y ou that everything is pre-planned to perfection. I mean we got this song THREE YEARS ago. and it seems to directly describe the current events. Even something as simple as the first OP lyrics have foreshadowing to

rage all you want. it's the truth. the story is horribly boring and only got a bit more interesting since there isn't any filler such as tournaments for the past 2 months.
Feb 15, 2016 9:55 PM

Jan 2013
Spooks said:

This pretty much sums up my thoughts.
Feb 15, 2016 9:57 PM
Jul 2018
it's not good enough to be considered a cartoon -100/10
Feb 15, 2016 11:02 PM

Nov 2014
It is now beginning to get slightly interesting........after so long.
I hope it continues and ditches all the uninteresting characters. Ruby, especially.
Feb 16, 2016 12:22 AM

Apr 2015
romagia said:
This is exactly how i feel, hahaha
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 16, 2016 6:03 PM

Jul 2013
I've seen it pop up on my Netflix a few times. But it never piqued my interest.
Feb 16, 2016 9:29 PM

Feb 2016
It was meh to me... until season 3. RWBY season 3 tops everything that anime has put out in the last 3 + years besides maybe Erased. The story telling, the character development. the emotion that was portrayed season 3 was a masterpiece of the highest order.
Feb 16, 2016 9:40 PM

Apr 2015
I liked season 1 and 2, Monty died, Season 3 equals me throwing away my computer
Feb 16, 2016 11:10 PM

Nov 2012
I haven't gotten to start season 3 yet, but I think RWBY is overrated. The biggest things I enjoyed about RWBY were the action scenes and the main character's interaction. I didn't find the animation to be appealing until I get to the battle scenes which were surprisingly entertaining to watch.

The main problem with this show is the terrible writing. The show didn't put much effort into delivering a plot but instead filling it with fights and comical scenes. Also, there are a ton of uninteresting supporting characters with stereotypical appearances that I feel the show is focusing on instead of the plot. I'd rather cut down on the minor characters and focus more on the primary cast.

Well, time for me to give season 3 a try. I will definitely drop this series if it doesn't improve.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» Favorite childhood books?

56709 - Dec 11, 2023

25 by JKKH »»
41 minutes ago

» Discuss the last movie you watched ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

GloriousHawk - Dec 29, 2012

4827 by JKKH »»
1 hour ago

» J Cole vs Kendrick Lamar

Cammell - Apr 5

34 by Dumb »»
2 hours ago

» Currently listening to ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsukareru - Mar 29, 2021

7630 by Astachanna »»
3 hours ago

» Rap Music Recommendations - Newbie Here

Liaeves - Feb 17

5 by ryan77999 »»
6 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.