Forums

♔ Anime/Manga List Layouts [by Recuvan] ♔

New
Pages (10) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Jan 24, 2016 1:53 PM
Jul 2018
EvilDragon16 said:
@Recuvan
I'm having trouble copying right now so I'll do it when I get to my computer .My phone's copy function isn't very pleasant .Thanks a lot tho .
No problem, compadre. If you have any problems with it in the near future, just post here again and I'll be more than happy to help you :).
Jan 24, 2016 1:59 PM

Aug 2013
I'm happy to see something that was based off of some of my suggestions become a reality. I'll definitely be using this from now on! Many thanks to you Recuvan.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 24, 2016 2:12 PM
Jul 2018
brandonvu said:
I'm happy to see something that was based off of some of my suggestions become a reality. I'll definitely be using this from now on! Many thanks to you Recuvan.
Denada! It was my first grid-based layout after all, I'm happy that it worked out well.
Jan 24, 2016 2:42 PM

Nov 2014
New design is a problem if your list is really big.
That is a lot of images to load.

Jan 24, 2016 2:59 PM
Jul 2018
ExTamplier said:
New design is a problem if your list is really big.
That is a lot of images to load.

Let it load all the images at once and they should all stay in your browser's cache so they won't have to be loaded again.

Each image weighs around 50kb... Considering that an average MAL user has 500 entries on their list, you have to download 25mb of data at once. According to Wikipedia, the average download speed is considered to be 5mb/s. In the end you have to wait a maximum of 5 seconds till all the images load. Is it really so problematic?
Jan 24, 2016 3:17 PM

Jan 2015
Good shit man, looks awesome!
Jan 24, 2016 3:29 PM
Jul 2018
@LegendaryNapkin, thanks!
Jan 24, 2016 3:45 PM

Dec 2015
Recuvan said:
Eruza-chan said:
OH MY GOSH I WANT THIS NOW OMG
You know you can just have it, take it, rape it, do whatever you want with it right here right now?

rshuttle1337 said:
Geometric is very impressive. It seems every new release you make is becoming my new favourite... xD
You just wait for the Space-Doge styled one

Fuseteam said:
OK thank you very much and congrats on getting in college success with your new college lifeBtw g+ looks amazing
Thanks :) +I'll get the searchbar done for tomorrow (and tomorrow I'll say that I'll get it done tomorrow too lol) coz I had no time today

Tomorrow never comes lol don't worry when you added it tell me
FuseteamJan 24, 2016 3:52 PM

Jan 24, 2016 5:06 PM

Jul 2013
@Recuvan These designs are amazing, I particularly like geometric design because it is simple and shows pics for the anime. I have a problem though, not all the images loads and some loads the wrong image for the anime. And I don't seem to have a sidebar navigation for completed, on-hold etc
Jan 24, 2016 5:28 PM
Jul 2018
Soren said:
@Recuvan These designs are amazing, I particularly like geometric design because it is simple and shows pics for the anime. I have a problem though, not all the images loads and some loads the wrong image for the anime. And I don't seem to have a sidebar navigation for completed, on-hold etc
1. Read through the CSS, especially point #1 ;)
2. What browser do you use?
Jan 24, 2016 5:35 PM

Jul 2013
Recuvan said:
Soren said:
1. Read through the CSS, especially point #1 ;)
The images and navigation works now thanks.
SorenJan 24, 2016 5:49 PM
Jan 24, 2016 5:50 PM
Jul 2018
Soren said:
Recuvan said:

The images works now thanks.
If the sidebar doesn't show up at all, try disabling some add-ons etc. It works great without any add-ons on Chrome, but it may be the resolution's fault. What resolution does your laptop screen/monitor have?
A screenshot of the problem may be useful too.
Jan 24, 2016 5:52 PM

Jul 2013
Recuvan said:
Soren said:
The images works now thanks.
If the sidebar doesn't show up at all, try disabling some add-ons etc. It works great without any add-ons on Chrome, but it may be the resolution's fault. What resolution does your laptop screen/monitor have?
I use mal with the webpage zoomed in at 110%, when I cranked it back to its 100% default, the navigation stuff appeared.
Jan 24, 2016 5:56 PM
Jul 2018
Soren said:
I use mal with the webpage zoomed in at 110%, when I cranked it back to its 100% default, the navigation stuff appeared.

When it's set as 110% the resolution changes, so bugs should appear. The list is supposed to work only on 1366x786 and 1920x1080 resolutions. I may make it work in a 110% zoom evironment though... Do you want me to or you're going to use your list in with no zoom? I mean, it's not a problem as it's easy to do, I'm just asking ;)
Jan 24, 2016 5:58 PM

Nov 2011
My poor soul, when will I ever have 5 mb/s download speed.....

Anyway, G+ looks sexy! I really like it, been digging the grid layout ever since I saw those seasonal anime charts. I also love the colors, I have always liked dark-themed designs so your anime list looking really good.

I was wondering if the triangles at the top of the list can be used for something, though.

Jan 24, 2016 5:59 PM

Jul 2013
Recuvan said:
Soren said:

When it's set as 110% the resolution changes, so bugs should appear. The list is supposed to work only on 1366x786 and 1920x1080 resolutions. I may make it work in a 110% zoom evironment though... Do you want me to or you're going to use your list in with no zoom? I mean, it's not a problem as it's easy to do, I'm just asking ;)
Would be marvelous if you could make it compatible with a 110% zoom since it saves me the trouble of constantly unzooming and zooming back when I want to view my list.
Jan 24, 2016 6:38 PM
Jul 2018
@Soren, Bugs when zoomed in to 110% - FIXED

@phio_chan, I was thinking of adding some cool effect on the triangles thing... I was thinking of making them display H E L L O when you hover your cursor over them, but I thought that it's not a good idea. Also, the colours are customizable, just read through the css ;).
Jan 24, 2016 6:40 PM

Jul 2013
Recuvan said:
Soren said:
Would be marvelous if you could make it compatible with a 110% zoom since it saves me the trouble of constantly unzooming and zooming back when I want to view my list.

FIXED
You are amazing. Thank you so much.
Jan 24, 2016 6:42 PM
Jul 2018
Soren said:
You are amazing. Thank you so much.
No problem, compadre przyjacielu. If you have any more problems or suggestions, feel free to come back here and discuss them ◕‿‿◕
removed-userJan 24, 2016 6:45 PM
Jan 24, 2016 6:56 PM

Nov 2011
Recuvan said:
@phio_chan, I was thinking of adding some cool effect on the triangles thing... I was thinking of making them display H E L L O when you hover your cursor over them, but I thought that it's not a good idea. Also, the colours are customizable, just read through the css ;).

Ah okay. Maybe we can add "Recuvan's Anime List" or any other fancy text there? And yeah, I know it's customizable. I'll play with it later after work. :P

Jan 24, 2016 7:02 PM
Jul 2018
phio_chan said:
Recuvan said:

Ah okay. Maybe we can add "Recuvan's Anime List" or any other fancy text there? And yeah, I know it's customizable. I'll play with it later after work. :P
I can't really see how could I design it with them triangles at the top... I can change the banner for you into some kind of banner similar to do the one from I+ and add text on top of it, but it probably would be just for you and wouldn't go public ;).

Also, it's 3am here so have a great day there and goodnight!
Jan 24, 2016 7:06 PM

Nov 2011
Recuvan said:
phio_chan said:

I can't really see how could I design it with them triangles at the top... I can change the banner for you into some kind of banner similar to do the one from I+ and add text on top of it, but it probably would be just for you and wouldn't go public ;).

Also, it's 3am here so have a great day there and goodnight!

Thanks a lot! No worries about that, we can discuss it later to find something more simple to do. Good night to you and have a good Monday! :)

Jan 24, 2016 8:11 PM

Sep 2013
Recuvan said:
As expected, G+ looks great. I especially love that it displays anime/manga posters. Also, the increased number of navigation buttons are convenient. Just one question, is there a way to arrange the list? For example, arrange by score or type, etc? Or is it there and I just can't find it? Btw, congratulations on getting into college!
Jan 24, 2016 9:32 PM

Jul 2010
Wow! GEOMETRIC+ looks even more professional than the others! It's really detailed and shows every info about the user's list...I thought there couldn't be anything more amazing than the previous ones, but apparently there is! Thank you so much for these wonderful creations! ^^
Jan 24, 2016 11:29 PM
Jul 2018
AyaMiu said:
Recuvan said:
As expected, G+ looks great. I especially love that it displays anime/manga posters. Also, the increased number of navigation buttons are convenient. Just one question, is there a way to arrange the list? For example, arrange by score or type, etc? Or is it there and I just can't find it? Btw, congratulations on getting into college!

I could add sorting, but then the list would look terrible in the All Anime mode... I may try to play around with it for you tho and see what can I do about it tho.

Roxyslife said:
Wow! GEOMETRIC+ looks even more professional than the others! It's really detailed and shows every info about the user's list...I thought there couldn't be anything more amazing than the previous ones, but apparently there is! Thank you so much for these wonderful creations! ^^
You're welcome (?) :P
removed-userJan 24, 2016 11:34 PM
Jan 24, 2016 11:46 PM

Sep 2013
Recuvan said:

I could add sorting, but then the list would look terrible in the All Anime mode... I may try to play around with it for you tho and see what can I do about it tho.
Nah, you don't need to do that. I was just wondering. Anyway, thanks!
Jan 25, 2016 12:36 AM

Aug 2014
These layouts are amazing! I'll start using them soon :D
Jan 25, 2016 2:23 AM

Jun 2015
Great layouts man. I'm looking forward to Deluxe+ because you wrote that it is high quality design.
I wonder how this layout look like. I hope that you will make Deluxe+ as grid layout too.
BadassJan 25, 2016 2:29 AM
Jan 25, 2016 6:02 AM

Oct 2011
Thanks for sharing this awesome layouts! Definitely one of the best i found on this site.
Jan 25, 2016 7:09 AM
Jul 2018
Razikel said:
I think i have a bug with the episode discussion buttons not showing when i am using Geometric+.

Hi! To enable the buttons, add the following code to the bottom of your CSS file:
input[type=submit], input[type=button]{
display: block !important;
margin-left: 24px !important;
}

Also, may I know what resolution do you use to fix the side bars for you? (Or did you zoom in by chance ;p?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks!

Hanari said:
These layouts are amazing! I'll start using them soon :D
ARF_08 said:
Great layouts man. I'm looking forward to Deluxe+ because you wrote that it is high quality design.
Razikel said:
Thanks for sharing this awesome layouts! Definitely one of the best i found on this site.
removed-userJan 25, 2016 7:26 AM
Jan 25, 2016 9:13 AM
Jul 2018
@Fuseteam I've updated Materialist+, you may find the search bar in the menu as of now ;).

Also, this code should fix your banner, because now it looks a little dodgy. Just paste it at the very end of your css and it should work.
#inlineContent{height: 750px !important;}#list_surround {margin: 550px 0 0 0 !important;}#copyright:before{top:17em!important}
Jan 25, 2016 9:25 AM

Dec 2015
Recuvan said:
@Fuseteam I've updated Materialist+, you may find the search bar in the menu as of now ;).

Also, this code should fix your banner, because now it looks a little dodgy. Just paste it at the very end of your css and it should work.
#inlineContent{height: 750px !important;}#list_surround {margin: 550px 0 0 0 !important;}#copyright:before{top:17em!important}

Thanks world like a breeze now

Jan 25, 2016 9:28 AM

Jun 2012
The layout looks amazing, mate. I might actually use one of these when I'll feel like a change, cause they all look so classy and minimalist. Can't wait for the Simplistic one, though.
Keep up the good work!
Jan 25, 2016 9:32 AM
Jul 2018
andeeknight said:
Can't wait for the Simplistic one, though.

Oh, dear... You may end up waiting for a while...
Jan 25, 2016 9:35 AM

Jun 2012
Recuvan said:
andeeknight said:
Can't wait for the Simplistic one, though.

Doesn't matter. You should do it when you feel like it or have enough free time. After all, nobody is paying you to do them. You're just too kind (and very very talented).
Jan 25, 2016 9:41 AM
Jul 2018
andeeknight said:
Recuvan said:

Doesn't matter. You should do it when you feel like it or have enough free time. After all, nobody is paying you to do them. You're just too kind (and very very talented).

I just have nothing more important to do with my life, that's the way things are...
Oh, and I simply enjoy web designing and being praised by my "consumers", there is nothing related to talent here - I just make stuff look cool.
Jan 25, 2016 12:17 PM

Jul 2015
Ah I have a bit of trouble with mine please .

The icons for the anime aren't appearing .
Wohooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Jan 25, 2016 12:38 PM
Jul 2018
@EvilDragon16
Recuvan in the first post said:
+Read through the CSS before reporting bugs

removed-userJan 25, 2016 3:24 PM
Jan 25, 2016 6:13 PM

Jul 2014
Oh my! Your layouts are all so cool! is it okay if I use them for my MAL?

Jan 25, 2016 10:40 PM

Oct 2011
Recuvan said:

Hi! To enable the buttons, add the following code to the bottom of your CSS file:
}

Also, may I know what resolution do you use to fix the side bars for you? (Or did you zoom in by chance ;p?

Thanks that fixed it! I am using 1400x900.
Jan 25, 2016 11:27 PM
Jul 2018
korogoro said:
Oh my! Your layouts are all so cool! is it okay if I use them for my MAL?
Absolutely fine!

Razikel said:
Recuvan said:

}

Thanks that fixed it! I am using 1400x900.

Lemme go back from school and I'll take care of making sure that the side bars work perfect on every possible resolution
Jan 26, 2016 4:20 AM

Dec 2015
Hi Recuvan. I haven't said this before, but since you wanted an opinion: yes, I think your layouts are all beautiful :D I enjoy minimalist layouts as well, and if I ever switch to a new anime or manga layout your layouts are definitely what I'd consider. ^^; I've just gotten a little attached to my flower and nature motif, lol.

Geometric+ isn't as minimalist for me as your other layouts like Materialist, but it's still very nice to look at and the navigation is fantastic. ^^

Recuvan said:
Other info
  • I got accepted into a college, yay!

Congratulations. ^^ I don't know if my reply to your comment on my profile (the one before your most recent) was sent (my internet connection sucks sometimes), but I'm doing fine. Currently in my second semester as a second year in my university. My anime and manga lists are going to be very slow for a while because lol I need to finish a lot of readings for my professors this sem.

xx0:44 ─🔘────────────── 04:44x
xxxxxxxxx ❚❚ xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Jan 26, 2016 4:46 AM

May 2011
The new layout looks really cool, great job :D <3

Though i tried using it to see how it would look and doesn't seem to work for me, probably didn't do it right, i'll try again later~
Jan 26, 2016 5:02 AM
Jul 2018
Cyanical said:
The new layout looks really cool, great job :D <3

Though i tried using it to see how it would look and doesn't seem to work for me, probably didn't do it right, i'll try again later~

Did you read through the CSS?

Point #1 tells you to replace the "username" bit with your mal username, that should fix the covers
Also, point #2 will tells you how to make it work on a manga list.
removed-userJan 26, 2016 7:28 AM
Jan 26, 2016 12:09 PM
Jul 2018
UPDATE - 26/01/16

Geometric+
  • Sidebar bugs have been fixed, it now fully supports the following resolutions:

Extravagant+ (CHANGES IN PROGESS)
  • Presentation changes
  • Search bar improvements
  • Colour schemes improvements
  • CSS configuration fixed

Imaginary+ (CHANGES PLANNED)
  • Presentation changes
  • Colour schemes improvements
  • CSS configuration improvements
removed-userJan 26, 2016 1:38 PM
Jan 26, 2016 12:32 PM

Sep 2014
These are really bunny good :3. Can I bunny use imaginary? :3
Jan 26, 2016 1:20 PM
Jul 2018
Recuvan said:
"Am I allowed to use one of your layouts?": A nice comment below this post grants you permission to all of them ;)
QueenSilver said:
These are really bunny good :3. Can I bunny use imaginary? :3

Permission granted ;P
Jan 26, 2016 2:06 PM

Sep 2014
You're so bunny funny :3. I want to see more of your bunny work..keep it ups :3.
Jan 26, 2016 2:48 PM
Jul 2018
QueenSilver said:
You're so bunny funny :3. I want to see more of your bunny work..keep it ups :3.

I swear, I'm gonna overwork myself someday XD
Jan 26, 2016 3:04 PM

Jul 2009
Sir, you've talent, great work~
I was in need for a manga layout with working covers for so long and it was you who reached me, really thanks! ^^
Pages (10) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Aspiring Writer Looking for Feedback

YungStairwell - 2 hours ago

0 by YungStairwell »»
2 hours ago

» Violin repertoire progression 1 month

ToastWithNutella - May 6

2 by Alriven »»
2 hours ago

» Share Your YouTube Channel/Videos! ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

nin-tendo - Dec 16, 2022

371 by Just_Augos »»
2 hours ago

» Anime hoodies - Would you wear it ?

abambata - Apr 17

5 by mo_lave »»
5 hours ago

» Share an ai anime pic

NowOldCow - Dec 6, 2023

20 by DesuMaiden »»
Yesterday, 10:14 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.