Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jan 2, 2016 9:38 AM
Is a Hidden Gem

Aug 2007
13th Boy

15 year old Hee-so was determined to date Won-Jun, even going so far as to propose to him on a national TV show. But a month later, and Won-Jun is done. But Hee-so, despite being 15, has had 12 boyfriends and she’s not ready to move on to the 13th one and she’s determined to win him back! At least, that’s how the story starts. But thankfully, the yandere thing is rather quickly dropped as we are introduced to more characters, including Won-Jun’s friends Whie-Young and Sae-Bom. There’s more to Whie-Young than it seems and he may have a past connection to Hee-So after all. And there is also Hee-So’s magical talking cactus Beatrice, which turns into a bishie guy during the full moon (yes, really).

What follows is a series that can both be fun and heartbreaking in turn, leaving me in tears by the end. I’m glad that the forced romance plot was dropped as what it turned into was far more interesting. It’s also absolutely adorable! All the character are adorable both physically and in personality. And speaking of, there’s fantastic character development as multiple characters grow and develop over the course of the series. The dynamic changes a bit, but it’s for the best as it allows more focus on other elements. And the ending is very satisfying, I wish more romance series could end this fantastically. It really is a treat for people who love shojo romance but perhaps want to try a manhwa out instead one of these days (it actually has a lot more in common with other shojo romances I’ve read than shojo manhwa)

Read: Here | Buy: Here

If you have a a series you would like to be the pick of the month please send me a write up and a few pictures and yours can be next!
BrandJan 2, 2016 9:43 AM
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

Poll: » Vote for the Hidden Gem of Manga - May 2024

Brand - Apr 21

0 by Brand »»
Apr 21, 4:32 PM

Sticky: » Suggest a Hidden Gem of the Month! ( 1 2 3 4 )

Brand - May 2, 2017

181 by Mr_Libra »»
Apr 8, 10:06 AM

» April 2024 - Believers

Brand - Apr 3

0 by Brand »»
Apr 3, 6:22 PM

Poll: » Vote for the Hidden Gem of Manga - April 2024

Brand - Mar 17

0 by Brand »»
Mar 17, 7:24 AM

» March 2024 - Isabella Bird in Wonderland: Unbeaten Tracks in Japan

Brand - Mar 2

0 by Brand »»
Mar 2, 2:30 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.