Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Apr 21, 2016 7:31 AM
Dec 2012
Well we do have different preferences, But I'm more fond of animu simply because I enjoy it more than manga.
Apr 21, 2016 7:31 AM
Dec 2010
I like anime, visual novels and light novels. Manga isn't really that interesting for me.
Apr 21, 2016 7:43 AM

Nov 2011
Mamster-P said:
titties don't jiggle in manga, son

my reaction:

Manga's jokes a not fun. Anime enhance all emotion thanks to music/motion and make the anime more immersive. Plus there are tons of anime that are not adapted in manga yet (maybe never).
Where is Phantom world? Shirobako ? Konosuba ? Shimoseka ?? Even Code geass's paper version is for fapping toilet purpose.

Plus, you learn some japanese words in anime ^_^
Apr 21, 2016 7:48 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
@TheMoonServant

its easy.... cause my mind is never anywhere else ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

@pteroz

lol
Apr 21, 2016 7:48 AM

Jan 2016
Mamster-P said:
@TheMoonServant

But our minds are no different then... :<
Apr 21, 2016 7:52 AM

Aug 2014
pteroz said:
Plus there are tons of anime that are not adapted in manga yet (maybe never).
Where is Phantom world? Shirobako ? Konosuba ? Shimoseka ?? Even Code geass's paper version is for fapping toilet purpose.
I can use the same logic vice verca, heck there are probably far more mangas that will never get an adaptation than animes. As some of those shows, do you even Light Novels? Overall the title should include LNs & VNs aswell.
Apr 21, 2016 7:53 AM

Nov 2011
And who read the onomatopoeia if they are even translated?
It make me sick when I don't understand what happens because I miss a ringing or a door knock
Apr 21, 2016 8:00 AM

Nov 2011
Snappynator said:
pteroz said:
Plus there are tons of anime that are not adapted in manga yet (maybe never).
I can use the same logic vice verca, heck there are probably far more mangas that will never get an adaptation than animes. As some of those shows, do you even Light Novels? Overall the title should include LNs & VNs aswell.

well I've read some manga but I think most of them don't deserve an adaptation ,not worth it ... but some adaptation sucks too: I've read Terra Formars really fast because I thought it's adapted anyways ... Now I have to read it again properly -_-
Apr 21, 2016 8:02 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
TheMoonServant said:
Mamster-P said:
@TheMoonServant

*looks at profile* *looks at favorites*

i don't know if i can agree with that ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Apr 21, 2016 8:02 AM

Apr 2016
it requires less energy to do, manga you have to click and scroll all the time. for anime you just lean back and relax (unless you are me and skip the parts with side chars you dont like lol). also people like movement/animation.
i didnt read manga until i watched so many animes it was hard to find anything interesting new. now i like both, but still prefer anime, cuz its lazier
Apr 21, 2016 8:03 AM

Oct 2014
P3B1G5 said:
"How come people prefer Anime over Manga"?

Because they haven't read Kingdom yet

Best answer for this topic ^.

30characters?
Apr 21, 2016 8:04 AM

Nov 2011
Tomwei said:
it requires less energy to do, manga you have to click and scroll all the time. for anime you just lean back and relax. also people like movement/animation.
i didnt read manga until i watched so many animes it was hard to find anything interesting new. now i like both, but still prefer anime, cuz its lazier

Wait it sounds like we, anime watcher, are the laziest people on earth -_-'
Apr 21, 2016 8:06 AM

Aug 2014
pteroz said:
Snappynator said:

well I've read some manga but I think most of them don't deserve an adaptation ,not worth it ... but some adaptation sucks too: I've read Terra Formars really fast because I thought it's adapted anyways ... Now I have to read it again properly -_-
Just because there are some bad ones, it does not mean you can generalize and say that the 6k+ ones aren't worthy of an adaptation either. Not to mention lots of great animes comes from an equally great or sometimes even better manga. Besides it seems like you haven't read that many mangas in the first place.
Apr 21, 2016 8:13 AM

Apr 2016
pteroz said:
Tomwei said:
it requires less energy to do, manga you have to click and scroll all the time. for anime you just lean back and relax. also people like movement/animation.

Wait it sounds like we, anime watcher, are the laziest people on earth -_-'

well maybe. but i would think we are just efficient :D
Apr 21, 2016 8:14 AM

Jan 2016
Mamster-P said:
TheMoonServant said:

sorry, but my favorites do not reflect my personality ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Apr 21, 2016 8:15 AM

Apr 2016
The same reason people prefer movies over books

1 reason is some people don't like to read alot

Another is some don't have the time

Some people probly like to go across different stories rather than focusing on one the entire time, especially those with adhd.

It can require less use of imagination also.
Apr 21, 2016 8:19 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
TheMoonServant said:
Mamster-P said:

oh come on man..... you do not have to be shy... my child
Apr 21, 2016 8:32 AM

Nov 2011
Snappynator said:
pteroz said:

Just because there are some bad ones, it does not mean you can generalize and say that the 6k+ ones aren't worthy of an adaptation either. Not to mention lots of great animes comes from an equally great or sometimes even better manga. Besides it seems like you haven't read that many mangas in the first place.

Had enough after aproximatively 50 ...
I want an adaptation of Ubel blatt and oretama U_U
Apr 21, 2016 8:42 AM
Feb 2016
Reading manga and watching anime are two whole different experiences. Some people like the mind set where they part-take in the reading, others first of all might not like reading as much as other people do, second its more easy to understand the character when you're watching what they're doing. Also manga is very expensive, especially when you have to buy book after book to enjoy the series. You can watch anime for free on certain websites which is more inexpensive and more efficient. ((:
Apr 21, 2016 9:23 AM
Aug 2015
Sometimes,i prefer Manga over Anime,like in the case of Rosario to Vampire,in the anime,the story was changed very much,by adding useless ecchi scenes,if they sticked to the manga,that anime could have one of the best anime with vampires,but hey,people don't think to much and also when an anime doesn't have the full story,I become curious and I read the manga.
About why i prefer Anime over Manga,because it sends more emotion than a manga,characters expressions,their emotions are send to us in a way even if they are fictional,they somehow become alive.Also when it comes to fights,in a manga it would seem pretty boring,but in anime it something else,it's more intense.
Apr 21, 2016 9:24 AM

Aug 2014
Most of the anime I like aren't even manga adaptations.

Anime is good, fucking deal with it.
Apr 21, 2016 9:38 AM

Oct 2013
I love Anime and dont read Manga.
It's colorful, has voice and sounds, that's why I like it more.
The only Mangas I've ever read are One Piece and Say "i love you"
Apr 21, 2016 9:43 AM

Oct 2015
Waifu_Strangler said:

Truth is in Japan Manga is more popular than anime in fact it's considered normal for adults to read manga but adults watching anime is considered weird.

I don't care what Japan thinks. I hate this whole double standard in the anime community of witch hunting "weeaboos" while at the same time holding japan to some sort of holy standard and saying that everyone should do X because "Japan does X".

I plan on getting into reading manga eventually, but I just like animation in general so anime appeals more to me on the whole.
Apr 21, 2016 9:52 AM
Jul 2018
Pretty sounds and pretty colors sum it up
Apr 21, 2016 9:55 AM

Jan 2015
Sometimes i'm not interested enough in the series to read the manga, so I stick to the anime. But if there's this title I really like/love, then the manga is my first choice, 100% source material :)
Apr 21, 2016 10:07 AM

Jan 2016
Mamster-P said:
TheMoonServant said:

My anime favorites are kinda different from my favorite thoughts, y'know :D
Apr 21, 2016 10:11 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
TheMoonServant said:
Mamster-P said:

lol, for me if it doesn't show, they it ain't so xD
Apr 21, 2016 10:11 AM

Oct 2015
Anime has action, sound, drama, voice and color.
Apr 21, 2016 10:13 AM

Jan 2016
Mamster-P said:
TheMoonServant said:

What if I'm acting different in here to cover up my secret identity?
Apr 21, 2016 10:14 AM
Apr 2015
Because people are lazy and do not like to read.
Apr 21, 2016 10:23 AM

Mar 2016
Oh, sometimes it's like an intense déjà vu, while watching an anime knowing the manga already. But most of the time I am just too lazy to read. Sad but true. Probably because I prefer to know how the characters would sound like. As well as the music.
And last but not least: It (feels like) it's quicker to consume.
Apr 21, 2016 10:28 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
TheMoonServant said:

[/quote]

well thats kinda normal for people to do

i really do wonder how many people on this site don't add things to their profile or list just cause they feel the need to hide shit lol
Apr 21, 2016 10:34 AM

Jan 2016
Mamster-P said:
TheMoonServant said:

well thats kinda normal for people to do

i really do wonder how many people on this site don't add things to their profile or list just cause they feel the need to hide shit lol

I'm actually quite proud to be perverted
Apr 21, 2016 10:37 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
TheMoonServant said:

good, its only human and it doesn't inherently make you dangerous/annoying, etc as many people seem to think

if only more people would embrace perversion, its kinda how were wired as humans
Apr 21, 2016 10:41 AM

Jan 2016
Mamster-P said:
TheMoonServant said:

good, its only human and it doesn't inherently make you dangerous/annoying, etc as many people seem to think

if only more people would embrace perversion, its kinda how were wired as humans

ikr, so many people hate me for being so perverted :x
Apr 21, 2016 10:42 AM

Nov 2011
Mamster-P said:
TheMoonServant said:

Japanese are known for all the perverted stuff they make. That show how much they are superior to us :o
Apr 21, 2016 10:46 AM

Mar 2016
jc9622 said:
TomDay said:
it depends where you are. america, which is practically the mother of the invention of the TV, most likely has more watchers than readers.

in japan, paper for manga is used more than toilet essentials.
I'm a North American (Canadian to be more specific) and none of my friends reads books. Hell, none of my co-workers even reads books. They hate it more than I do. Books are practically non-existent in North America. Why read if you have entertainments like Television? Why read for 2 weeks if you can watch the same material (if said material has a TV/Movie adaptation) for 2 and a half hours or less.

Fucking hell. The scariest thing is most people will agree with this.
Apr 21, 2016 10:46 AM

Oct 2015
Because anime is in color, voice acting and music. Some people also don't like reading. I assume those people never watch subbed anime though.

I intend to read Manga sometime but I'm busy trying to watch a bunch of animes right now.
Apr 21, 2016 11:04 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
pteroz said:

Japanese are known for all the perverted stuff they make. That show how much they are superior to us :o

yea the worst part is, theyre not "more perverted" than any other country, theyre just way more open about, we need to jump on that lol, perversion is human and it makes fuck tons of money as well, embrace that shit

TheMoonServant said:

its retarded, especially when they're probably just as perverted as you, yet are just too ashamed of it
Apr 21, 2016 11:05 AM

Jan 2016
Mamster-P said:
TheMoonServant said:

its retarded, especially when they're probably just as perverted as you, yet are just too ashamed of it

Some of them indeed are perverted, but I've not met a more perverted person than me
Apr 21, 2016 11:08 AM
Apr 2015
Because some people like me hate reading just because they're lazy.
Apr 21, 2016 11:12 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
TheMoonServant said:
Mamster-P said:

Some of them indeed are perverted, but I've not met a more perverted person than me

thats cause you haven't met me yet ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Apr 21, 2016 11:27 AM

Jan 2016
Mamster-P said:
TheMoonServant said:

thats cause you haven't met me yet ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I'd love to meet you, senpai ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Apr 21, 2016 11:28 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
TheMoonServant said:

yea ive considered starting an ecchi skype group as its the closest we can get not all being able to meet irl. but no one seems interested loooolll
Apr 21, 2016 11:30 AM

Jan 2016
Mamster-P said:
TheMoonServant said:

yea ive considered starting an ecchi skype group as its the closest we can get not all being able to meet irl. but no one seems interested loooolll

We could be the first ones to start it, y'know
Apr 21, 2016 11:33 AM

Feb 2016
Anime takes up too much time... don't really care about the colour , sound or anything
Apr 21, 2016 11:42 AM

Aug 2013
It depends on the series for me. I'll give a few examples.

Negima's manga far outshines the anime in every aspect. The characters gain more character even giving the "normal" girl her own defining personality that sets her aside from the rest of the massive main cast of characters. The manga has varied characters where as the anime only focuses on a few of them at a time. Having started and ended before the manga was finished.

Elfen Lied's manga was also vastly superior as it treated nudity, sexuality, and rape with the level of maturity that was needed rather than Studio Arm's horrible take on the series, that ends halfway through the manga.

But on the other hand we have series that were better in their anime format.

Code Geass had a much better anime due to the fact that it was finished and action packed while still bringing up the necessary political overtones about communism.

Kill la Kill had a much better anime for many of the same reasons as Code Geass.

And Higurashi has an anime that's on par with it's manga. They both add new elements to the story.

So it all depends on the series for me.
"Canaan. You're a victim whose past was taken away by war. And she's a defeated person who lost her past in a power struggle. Soldiers who are born within destruction take hatred as their weapon. Even though you and her became soldiers for the same reason, you both live differently. Listen Canaan, you cannot counter hatred with hatred... ever." -Siam, Canaan
Apr 21, 2016 7:30 PM

Oct 2009
Cause we're lazy to use our imaginations on how the events occurred

Apr 21, 2016 7:36 PM

Mar 2015
as medium, anime is supperior over manga by far... too bad the execution is not as good as the medium can offer... that's why i still stuck on manga....
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Apr 23, 2016 9:23 AM
Dec 2015
I think watching is easier than reading. Anime is more alive than manga, coz it has colors, sounds, and movement. I prefer anime than manga. Hehe
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » How much do you consume from the otaku world?

castle2001 - Apr 22

38 by ForgotEyeWasHere »»
18 minutes ago

Poll: » Which is your favourite Anime in this list?

PushedCaraway - 41 minutes ago

4 by filjoh »»
26 minutes ago

» What will be the next KyoAni project? Tell me your thoughts.

Pinoffin - 7 hours ago

43 by EpicO4 »»
28 minutes ago

» Women tend to have superior anime preferences compared to men? ( 1 2 3 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Apr 23

109 by Merani »»
40 minutes ago

» A Trend in Voice Actors in Anime

Yuu_Kanzaki - 44 minutes ago

0 by Yuu_Kanzaki »»
44 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.