Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Dec 6, 2015 1:47 PM

Jun 2015
So if you watched the 10th episode, you would have seen the empty chair for the number 1 hero, Blast. I'm currently updated with the manga, and there is no mention of Blast or any kind of information on the OPM wiki and I'm still wondering who he is.

Anyone have any info on him, or he still a mystery?
Dec 6, 2015 1:52 PM
Sep 2013
This is currently the greatest mystery of One Punch Man. Nobody knows who he/she is. Even those who had read the webcomic so there are lots of theories going around like Saitama=Blast.
Dec 6, 2015 1:59 PM

Jun 2015
Zetsubo667 said:
This is currently the greatest mystery of One Punch Man. Nobody knows who he/she is. Even those who had read the webcomic so there are lots of theories going around like Saitama=Blast.

If Saitama = Blast, that would be very weird and a bit odd since one's abilities/feats are similar to their Hero name.
Dec 6, 2015 2:10 PM
Sep 2013
Jayden said:
Zetsubo667 said:

If Saitama = Blast, that would be very weird and a bit odd since one's abilities/feats are similar to their Hero name.

A lot of people follow this theory because the founder of HA is the grandfather of the kid that Saitama saved from the crab monster. And he has saved the S Rank 1 spot for Saitama when he sees him again.

Personally I disagree with this theory as this has kind of been done already with another character. I would prefer Blast to be an original character.
Dec 6, 2015 2:24 PM

Jan 2009
we dont know, its still a mystery even the webcomic still did not reveal who he is
Dec 6, 2015 2:31 PM

Jan 2013
The problem with that theory is that firstly, their name directly relates with their abilities. Saitama never showed anything that'd get him that nickname. Secondly, Saitama's rightful position (before Boros) should've been King's position because he stole all of his achievements.
Dec 6, 2015 5:51 PM
Aug 2012
Rance-sama said:
The problem with that theory is that firstly, their name directly relates with their abilities.

maybe blast uses ki attacks like vaccine man :O

goku confirmed
Dec 6, 2015 6:02 PM

Jun 2015
Rance-sama said:
The problem with that theory is that firstly, their name directly relates with their abilities. Saitama never showed anything that'd get him that nickname. Secondly, Saitama's rightful position (before Boros) should've been King's position because he stole all of his achievements.

Oh that's a great point, if King wasn't given all the credit, Saitama would have King's rank.
Dec 6, 2015 6:43 PM

Sep 2013
Another theory is that blast = mob form mob psycho XD
Dec 6, 2015 10:10 PM

Nov 2015
Jayden said:
Rance-sama said:

Oh that's a great point, if King wasn't given all the credit, Saitama would have King's rank.

Saitama is BLASTING all of his opponents to oblivion = fits hero name.
King became Class S rank 6 with only 5 of Saitama's achievements. Rest of Saitama's achievements was given to Blast and he became rank 1.
Dec 6, 2015 10:14 PM

Jan 2015
PiggyBancon said:
Jayden said:

King became Class S rank 6 with only 5 of Saitama's achievements. Rest of Saitama's achievements was given to Blast and he became rank 1.
That actually sounds legit. Maybe...
Dec 6, 2015 10:32 PM

Jun 2015
PiggyBancon said:
Jayden said:

Haha that would be great.
Dec 7, 2015 12:48 AM

Dec 2013
I have heard a lot of web comic readers say that blast is secretly Sich (the guy with the big nose who met the S Classes in episode 10) because pretty much all of the information we have on Blast is from Sich.
Dec 7, 2015 1:08 AM

Jan 2009
whoever Blast is, he must be explosive
Dec 7, 2015 3:24 AM

Sep 2011
PiggyBancon said:
Jayden said:

Please, no... that's too repetitive, King is enough xD
Besides, it would be much better if Blast actually is the strongest hero by a big margin, Saitama aside
Dec 7, 2015 3:29 AM

Nov 2015
Veldin461 said:

Besides, it would be much better if Blast actually is the strongest hero by a big margin, Saitama aside

The whole point of OPM is to be repetitive. Saitama always comes and saves the day.
Dec 7, 2015 3:34 AM

Sep 2011
PiggyBancon said:
Veldin461 said:

The whole point of OPM is to be repetitive. Saitama always comes and saves the day.

I don't get your point. That's like the job of every protagonist ever, to come save the day at the end
I guess you took the point of the series totally wrong cause I don't see how this series is more repetitive than any other xD
The only thing that does not change is that Saitama is the strongest, and that yes, you can say is the point of the character(not the series). Everything else is never the same or repetitive
Veldin461Dec 7, 2015 3:38 AM
Dec 7, 2015 10:20 AM

Jan 2015
Blast is...
[spoiler]
Dec 7, 2015 12:49 PM
Dec 2012
The hero association CLEARLY knows who blast is and has the means to CONTACT him, since they alredy said they can do it(since they treat him like a secret weapon, but they dont call him often because he does things his way)...That proves its not Saitama, obviously, i dont get why people inssists on him being Saitama....Come on people, make up better theories, at least belieavable ones
RekienDec 7, 2015 12:57 PM
Dec 7, 2015 1:41 PM

Aug 2013
Rekien said:
The hero association CLEARLY knows who blast is and has the means to CONTACT him, since they alredy said they can do it(since they treat him like a secret weapon, but they dont call him often because he does things his way)...That proves its not Saitama, obviously, i dont get why people inssists on him being Saitama....Come on people, make up better theories, at least belieavable ones

Yea, for real. It's so exhausting when people keep believing that Saitama= Blast, he obviously isn't.
Dec 7, 2015 1:58 PM

Nov 2010
Rekien said:

This. It's pretty obvious from the webcomic that the Association actually met Blast and he completed some missions. He's so poweful that he causes mass destruction when he fights, and since the HA doesn't let him do that he refuses to go on missions.
Dec 7, 2015 2:16 PM
Sep 2013
Zalmox1s said:
This. It's pretty obvious from the webcomic that the Association actually met Blast and he completed some missions. He's so poweful that he causes mass destruction when he fights, and since the HA doesn't let him do that he refuses to go on missions.

If you also include this info about Blast:

This confirms that only the top executives in HA know who Blast is and if Blast=Saitama, then those people must of seen Saitama's profile by now and given him Rank 1 position already.

This info also strongly implies as well that Blast is strong enough to take on God level threats. In fact my theory is that a God level threat has appeared before (that's how HA came up with disaster level rankings) and Blast was the one who took care of it, which is why Blast will keep his Rank 1 no matter what.
Dec 7, 2015 7:07 PM

May 2014
^Until he gets inevitably one-punched
Feb 23, 2016 11:55 PM
Feb 2016
I think. Blast is Saitama..Remember the creator of HA is the grandfather who saved his grandson. by. Saitama (with hair). from the monster like a crab..The HA. named blast because of monster like a crab,Saitama (with hair) blast his organ..
Feb 24, 2016 7:35 AM

Oct 2014
lugoy123 said:
I think. Blast is Saitama..Remember the creator of HA is the grandfather who saved his grandson. by. Saitama (with hair). from the monster like a crab..The HA. named blast because of monster like a crab,Saitama (with hair) blast his organ..

That's disproved by the fact that appearently a select few suppoedly know who he is. It's more likely that blast is a "Clark Kent"-like hero. I wouldn't be surprised if it's one of the officials in suits from the heroes association. My money is on "bespactled worker", because he acts quite a bit different from the other association workers and even acknowledges Saitama's efforts. He was the one who used the words "It's as if there is a god in his body" when he described Saitama, while others still think that he is weak.
Mar 29, 2016 10:37 PM
Apr 2012
Grey-Zone said:
lugoy123 said:

That's disproved by the fact that appearently a select few suppoedly know who he is. It's more likely that blast is a "Clark Kent"-like hero. I wouldn't be surprised if it's one of the officials in suits from the heroes association. My money is on "bespactled worker", because he acts quite a bit different from the other association workers and even acknowledges Saitama's efforts. He was the one who used the words "It's as if there is a god in his body" when he described Saitama, while others still think that he is weak.

At least one person have actually witness Blast's power, and Tatsumaki is still in awe of his power. And he's most definitely NOT Saitama, albeit, the way he dresses and his composure very much reminds you of Saitama. Oh, that meeting occurred when Saitama is 7 years old and Tatsumaki was 11.
Mar 30, 2016 8:53 PM

Jun 2015
BigFire said:
Grey-Zone said:

At least one person have actually witness Blast's power, and Tatsumaki is still in awe of his power. And he's most definitely NOT Saitama, albeit, the way he dresses and his composure very much reminds you of Saitama. Oh, that meeting occurred when Saitama is 7 years old and Tatsumaki was 11.

Yeah I read that portion, and it's possible that Blast could be leading that new hero group, which wouldn't surprise me.
Apr 23, 2016 7:29 AM
Apr 2016
Just wanted to say that i have two theories that i've been thinking about

The first is less of what is happening in the anime and what would happen in real life and that is that it could be that blast is fake and is a ploy made up by the hero association to make it so that there is no rank 1 because if there was that hero would just assume that he can beat anything and get lazy but this is an anime and that would be boring

The second is that blast could be one of Saitama's parents because we have no knowledge or backstory but it would make sense that Saitama actually inherited his power from hi parents and they had to leave him at an early age, i think this theory would be fun because no one would really expect it and im just curios about who his parents are

im not saying either of these are true, the first is a more realistic setting and the seconds just what i think would be fun and maybe we could have a reunion
May 4, 2016 3:22 PM
Jul 2015
I think blast could be Saitama's father because they look similar with a similar suit. Saitama is the kind of person who would just run into blast at a meeting and say "o hey dad, how are you doing?" And everyone would be surprised but those two. Would be a fun scene.
Jun 5, 2016 5:02 AM
Jun 2016
Maybe you should read chapter 106, Blast is in it :).
Jun 7, 2016 10:32 PM
UltimateEnforcer

Apr 2015
blast is All Might

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Punch Man Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Mills - Oct 17, 2015

431 by OnigirisBasket »»
6 hours ago

» Live Action Movie gets new writers (Rick and Morty writer and creator)

OvergrownRover - Apr 14

2 by Kadano »»
Apr 23, 12:40 PM

Poll: » One Punch Man Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 8, 2015

346 by Mobesho-SAN »»
Apr 22, 2:24 AM

Poll: » One Punch Man Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 20, 2015

986 by larryfirst »»
Mar 28, 5:27 AM

Poll: » One Punch Man Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 25, 2015

337 by Mobesho-SAN »»
Mar 18, 12:48 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.