New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Nov 30, 2015 4:35 PM

Apr 2011
traed said:
Kagami_Hiiragi said:

It was nuts.

Might make the news, not sure.
I know one guy from another forum who is ex military and still has some weaponry from it. He was planning on doing suicide by cop and having a shootout.
Damm you always find ways to converse with lunatics lol
Nov 30, 2015 4:46 PM

Apr 2009
i was about to get angry but then i saw it was you who posted this and i remember you saying you were 12 in that other thread so i can see why you may think like that.

basically:
Dimethylanime said:
Any threats of suicide should be taken seriously. That's all I gotta say. And you never what is causing the person distress; everyone is different, and what may seem fine to you may seem like the end of the world to another
i certainly hope they're not suicidal at 11/12, but it might predict later depression which could get very severe.
if you really want to understand what is happening, do some research on depression and read about experiences of people who have it. it is a very serious illness, and possibilities of it shouldn't be downplayed.
also, your definition of suicidal is p inaccurate but again, you're 12, i get it.
the only note i think is worth adding is that self harm is in no way necessary for depression or suicidal thoughts/ideation to be present
deadoptimist said:
Though I think shit-flinging should also have standards - no personal, no behind the scenes.
Nov 30, 2015 5:27 PM

Jun 2014
Daconator said:
CGtheOtakuCow13 said:
P.S i'm not trolling if you think I am. Serious business.
Yes I don't think you're trolling, I think you're 12.

They want attention and affection.

As for people defending these 11 year old emos and saying that suicide should be taken seriously...
YES, it should be. However, there is no denying that there are, as op calls it, "wannabe suicidal". More specifically, emos. Most people went through that stage sometime or another, just some took it farther than others. Again, that's not to say that some people actually are suicidal, just lets not pretend thos attention seekers aren't out there.
I will say- faking a mental disorder is a disorder in itself (I forget the official name).
Tally_limeNov 30, 2015 5:35 PM
Nov 30, 2015 5:30 PM

Mar 2015
People who talk about commiting suicide to get attention are pathetic scum and despicable creatures.
Nov 30, 2015 5:50 PM

Jun 2015
if somebody is advertising that they're suicidal it likely means they simply want attention. If somebody is truly suicidal they wouldn't want people to know. I don't look down on people who are "pretending" to be suicidal, I just feel bad for them instead.
Nov 30, 2015 11:00 PM

Oct 2015
Lazy said:
Why do you interact with them ?
because they were good people if you take out that part of them, but I guess you cant since its what makes them, them.
Nov 30, 2015 11:03 PM

Oct 2015
Ravioli_Ravioli said:
if somebody is advertising that they're suicidal it likely means they simply want attention. If somebody is truly suicidal they wouldn't want people to know.

Yeah.
Nov 30, 2015 11:07 PM

Oct 2015
Keshup said:
I find suicide amusing. If someone wants to kill themselves, let them.

True, it's their life though. If it's someone I know though, I would try to persuade them out of it but if they don't budge then, it's their life.
Nov 30, 2015 11:08 PM

Oct 2015
DoctorWasabi said:
Suicide is a serious matter and by making this thread while saying stupid shit like cornflakes and coconut, I'm not gonna take you seriously. Not to mention you are a 12 year old.

Please don't talk about this kind of stuff till you are older, and till you have a better understanding of what depression and suicide really is

Just because i'm 12 doesn't mean I can't understand other peoples feelings. Plus, I couldn't think of a code name. I don't think it would make a difference if I said "person 1" & "person 2".
Nov 30, 2015 11:15 PM

Oct 2015
AnimuPerson420 said:
I think those who do it for "attention" are having a rough time, reguardless. Whether it's because they're so spoilt that the world changing around them is too much, or that they're desperate for attention, they probably still need help.

People who are often seriously suicidal are usually very quiet about it. I attempted suicide about two years ago, and up until that point I refused to talk to anybody about how I was feeling, and it actually bled over and happened.

Often it's because people feel trapped. Whether that's by their own minds or their situation, they feel like they have no other options (when they actually do.)

Ohhh, I see. But, you got over it eventually, right?
Nov 30, 2015 11:16 PM

Oct 2015
Paella_ said:
k kill urself
yuo want it anyways

But i'm not suicidal ; ~ ;
Nov 30, 2015 11:19 PM

Oct 2015
daky-kun said:
First, a suicidal wannabe doesn't mean the person must be an emo.

Martin said:
They are most likely just seeking attention and are too scared to actually commit suicide.

starlabbu said:
they crave attention

Maybe they have a good reason for wanting attention. Maybe their parents didn't give them enough love and affection? Maybe they were ignored and isolated in school?

Nilin said:
I think they're just exaggerating too much.

But you don't know their story. Especially when someone's older, like 30 or 40 y/o.

I guess that's trrue about giving them enough love and affection. They were never ignored in school, I don't think they were isolated - but idk since I really don't know how they feel. They were in my friend group & I always saw them interacting with everyone.
Nov 30, 2015 11:21 PM

Oct 2015
traed said:
No one wants to be suicidal. Even those who fake being suicidal still have a mental problem usually.

Is the mental problem depression? Idk if they're depressed though because i've mostly seen them happy and my friend that dated coconut said that she's the happiest girl he knows.
Nov 30, 2015 11:22 PM

Oct 2015
NasalShark said:
Sometimes its a phase.
Sometimes its for attention.
Sometimes they're actually messed up.
But 90% of the time its all three of these.
The best strategy is just to tell anyone you can about it. Parents, close friends, teachers (I'm assuming your in HS). If they're actually suicidal the help will do them some good, but if they're not they'll be put on some suicidal watch list and they'll learn to not be so dramatic.

If they are suicidal what can I do to help them?
Nov 30, 2015 11:23 PM

Oct 2015
dinesj21 said:
It's just a phase.

Is it a phase that everyone goes through?
Nov 30, 2015 11:23 PM

Jan 2013
They should kill themselves
Nov 30, 2015 11:26 PM

Oct 2015
CondemneDio said:

Why O_O?
Nov 30, 2015 11:26 PM

Sep 2009
They shouldn't let their dreams just be dreams.
Be thankful for the wisdom granted to you.
Nov 30, 2015 11:28 PM

Feb 2013
At times like these I remember that my brother is 12 and how dumb he is. Your friends are acting dumb, nuff said.
Nov 30, 2015 11:30 PM

Oct 2015
MortalMelancholy said:
They shouldn't let their dreams just be dreams.

Huh, what do you mean?
Nov 30, 2015 11:31 PM

Oct 2015
Animestic said:
I think you should probably grow up.

Yeah, I think so too.
Nov 30, 2015 11:33 PM

Oct 2015
BlueKite said:
People die if they are killed.

Yup, pretty much.
Nov 30, 2015 11:47 PM

Jan 2015
Martin said:
They are most likely just seeking attention and are too scared to actually commit suicide.

Dimethylanime said:
Any threats of suicide should be taken seriously. That's all I gotta say. And you never what is causing the person distress; everyone is different, and what may seem fine to you may seem like the end of the world to another
Nov 30, 2015 11:56 PM

Oct 2015
shotz_ said:
if people are presenting themselves as sucidial it either means

a. they're genuinely suicidal and are seeking help
b. they have another psychological issue and are seeking help

in either case i don't see the harm in helping someone, and it shouldn't be taken as a joke. sometimes for these people this is the only way to get any help and it's not uncommon for people who do end up going through with it to joke about doing it before.

So, either way they actually do have something? I guess I know what you mean but cornflakes only asked for help once and that was on the birthday card. If they wanted help they could've asked us in real life. When they're visibly upset, I ask them and they just tell me why they're upset but they've never told us why they're suicidal/emo. There is that it's a personal issue but, whenever somethings bothering them they always tell our friend group. So I really don't know if shes just trying to hide the fact that shes suicidal but also tell people about it as well. Sorry, I keep asking to many questions.:/
Dec 1, 2015 12:02 AM

Oct 2015
shotz_ said:
CGtheOtakuCow13 said:

So, either way they actually do have something? I guess I know what you mean but cornflakes only asked for help once and that was on the birthday card. If they wanted help they could've asked us in real life. When they're visibly upset, I ask them and they just tell me why they're upset but they've never told us why they're suicidal/emo. There is that it's a personal issue but, whenever somethings bothering them they always tell our friend group. So I really don't know if shes just trying to hide the fact that shes suicidal but also tell people about it as well. Sorry, I keep asking to many questions.:/
tbh i didn't read ur story because it was too long. i don't know maybe you should just ask cornflakes if they're fine :/

I can't D:, skype broke down (for some reason). I'll ask her when I get the chance though. Thanks for the advice :3.
Dec 1, 2015 12:23 AM

Mar 2014
They're uncool
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Dec 1, 2015 12:27 AM

Jun 2015
I've been called such only because "I never went all the way".

But I can assure you, ppl who say they're suicidal have problems at least & they shouldn't be ignored. Like I said earlier, they may be exaggerating a bit too.
Dec 1, 2015 12:31 AM

Oct 2015
Nilin said:
I've been called such only because "I never went all the way".

But I can assure you, ppl who say they're suicidal have problems at least & they shouldn't be ignored. Like I said earlier, they may be exaggerating a bit too.

Yeah I guess so. I guess I really can't understand everyones feelings 100%.
Dec 3, 2015 1:55 AM

Jan 2013
CGtheOtakuCow13 said:
CondemneDio said:

Why O_O?

It's a joke. A morbid one.
Dec 3, 2015 5:26 AM

Jul 2015
Wensbane said:
Baitdragon16 said:
If you're gonna kill yourself then do it where people won't be bothered .It's selfish to throw yourself on the train tracks and ruin transportation for everyone else .

Why waste a perfectly good chance to annoy a whole bunch of people?

Didn't think of it that way .
Wohooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Do you think there should be an age limit on friendship?

Thy-Veseveia - Feb 28

36 by Crawlie »»
17 minutes ago

» 2023-2024 NBA Season Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

deg - Jun 18, 2023

677 by Crawlie »»
19 minutes ago

» Over the years, I began to be repulsed by pork, is there any explanation for this?

Absurdo_N - Mar 26

25 by bevarnow »»
51 minutes ago

» Are you going to apologize?

LenRea - Mar 25

26 by LoveYourEyes »»
1 hour ago

» What are some of your favorite animals?

DoisacChopper - Feb 10

46 by Dracowyn »»
1 hour ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.