Forums

Why are some people just so oppositional? *shakes head in disapproval*

New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Nov 30, 2015 2:40 AM

Oct 2010
Bambi said:
incisorr said:
Im not oppositional on purpose but i often end up being oppositional to people because they are dumb as fuck and need someone to guide them, preferably someone with common sense and high elo that knows what hes talking about - like me.

im mature enough to know when to shut the fuck up and learn from others but when i know how to do things better i speak up, i try to speak up in real life too even to my boss for example who choses to be narrow minded and refuses to let me finish so i'll just write it down and send it to higher instance cuz im relentless as fuck or in worst case i wont tell them how to boost our sales and keep that knowledge to myself and let normal people roast themselves if thats what they want

its the same on the internet, ive been trying to teach people how the world works and common sense but they just refuse to listen, until we meet in some game online and they suck balls because their delusions projected onto the game result in them preforming poorly since you can be delusional on forums or on talk without anything happening but when its action time and the laws of physics and logic and reality apply, your delusions will fall short
Do you have any friends?

i could have many friends if i pretended to be all friendly and happy flappy cheerful, i've had plenty of opportunities to do so online

i never pretend and im honest and raw and not many people appreciate that but yes i've had friends over the years

in real life? not really but my personality isn't even the issue there

I don't really want friends myself,i want few but super good friends with which i have no barriers or anything and then we marry (if they're a guy its an intellectual fuse not marry since im not attracted to men sexually)

i have had friendships like that but then they lose their elo with time because being high rated and smart is an ever-evolving thing that not everyone can maintain and then their delusions ran too strong and they refused to listen to me so in the end no1s happy

tl;dr i dont have friends cuz i dont want empty friendships or people i can "just talk to when i need" because we have the internet and
because i dont like talking irl much because noobs and shitters have loud mouths and its too hard for me to communicate with someone and explain my whole point or logic in reality because they always stop listen half-way or get distracted or want to comment on what i've already said (and interrupt me before i can explain it so we get sidetracked) etc people in general are a fucking nuisance to talk to and i've written letters even to family in the other room cause if i were to talk to them id get mad in 30 seconds and start screaming cuz its the only way to keep trash in line to listen to u

so yeaah hows that question even relevant
lots of music -
Nov 30, 2015 2:49 AM

Apr 2014
Write a book about it incisorr
Nov 30, 2015 2:55 AM

Mar 2013
incisorr said:
Bambi said:
Do you have any friends?

i could have many friends if i pretended to be all friendly and happy flappy cheerful, i've had plenty of opportunities to do so online

i never pretend and im honest and raw and not many people appreciate that but yes i've had friends over the years

in real life? not really but my personality isn't even the issue there

I don't really want friends myself,i want few but super good friends with which i have no barriers or anything and then we marry (if they're a guy its an intellectual fuse not marry since im not attracted to men sexually)

i have had friendships like that but then they lose their elo with time because being high rated and smart is an ever-evolving thing that not everyone can maintain and then their delusions ran too strong and they refused to listen to me so in the end no1s happy

tl;dr i dont have friends cuz i dont want empty friendships or people i can "just talk to when i need" because we have the internet and
because i dont like talking irl much because noobs and shitters have loud mouths and its too hard for me to communicate with someone and explain my whole point or logic in reality because they always stop listen half-way or get distracted or want to comment on what i've already said (and interrupt me before i can explain it so we get sidetracked) etc people in general are a fucking nuisance to talk to and i've written letters even to family in the other room cause if i were to talk to them id get mad in 30 seconds and start screaming cuz its the only way to keep trash in line to listen to u

so yeaah hows that question even relevant
Let's be best friends, even though i'm in silver
Nov 30, 2015 2:57 AM

Aug 2010
Bambi said:
Ughh, I just don't know why this is the case, like when some people just always have to say the opposite thing to what you believe in. It's almost like they're just doing it to get on your nerves. You know that it is not just them having an opinion because they get this punchable look on their face. It's disgusting, and they are people you just don't want to be around. Pls discuss this mal, for it needs to be discussed in detail.

Go.

You literally described my situation at home with my sister. Sometimes I just don't even feel like throwing my opinion on the table because I KNOW she'll just say the opposite. It does feel like she's looking for pointless argues. And that's one of the main reasons I avoid her like the plague.

BecauseAllYourThoughtsAreWicked | Sailor Mars
Nov 30, 2015 3:08 AM

Jun 2015
ExplicitlyHuman said:
Clebardman said:
^^lol.

^You just need to give up the "with us or against us" mindset.

You kinda do

:(
Nov 30, 2015 3:17 AM

Jan 2015
Nilin said:
ExplicitlyHuman said:

You kinda do

::((
Nov 30, 2015 3:18 AM

Mar 2014
Clebardman said:
Comic_Sans said:
I agree

[size=*30]Kaneki is badass[/size]
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Nov 30, 2015 3:18 AM

Jan 2015
incisorr said:

HAHHAHAHAH AHAHHAHAHA HEEUHAEIFHUAEFHFHUDE AHUEUHEUHEU
Nov 30, 2015 3:25 AM

Feb 2010
Bambi said:
Ughh, I just don't know why this is the case, like when some people just always have to say the opposite thing to what you believe in. It's almost like they're just doing it to get on your nerves.

because its fun to tease people :)
Nov 30, 2015 3:27 AM

Oct 2010
ExplicitlyHuman said:
incisorr said:

HAHHAHAHAH AHAHHAHAHA HEEUHAEIFHUAEFHFHUDE AHUEUHEUHEU

not funny~
lots of music -
Nov 30, 2015 3:31 AM

Jul 2015
^I love your new "about me" pikachu.
Nov 30, 2015 3:33 AM

Jun 2015
ExplicitlyHuman said:
Nilin said:

:(((((((((((((
Nov 30, 2015 3:47 AM

Jan 2015
Nilin said:
ExplicitlyHuman said:

U wanna fite m8.
Nov 30, 2015 3:51 AM
Dec 2010
This thread is ironically bambi.
Someone believe I hv Fantasy Prone Personality, in short, FPP.
So I decided to live up to it, Yay!
Nov 30, 2015 3:56 AM
Jun 2015
Clebardman said:
Comic_Sans said:
I agree

Kaneki is badass

Nov 30, 2015 4:03 AM

Apr 2011
Bambi said:
It's almost like they're just doing it to get on your nerves.
And there you have it.

Obviously this isn't always the case, but it is common that people post or make threads just to get a reaction or a flame war. It's the internet after all.
Nov 30, 2015 4:04 AM

Nov 2015
Because people are dumb and screwed up. Get used to it, you're in for ALOT of years sharing the planet with crappy people.
〜(^∇^〜)Life is meaningless! 〜(^∇^〜)
Nov 30, 2015 4:14 AM

Apr 2014
TouchyCliche said:
This thread is ironically bambi.
what is that supposed to mean O U O
Nov 30, 2015 4:23 AM

Jan 2015
they just wanna start an argument...bc sometimes its fun to argue/debate
Nov 30, 2015 4:33 AM

Aug 2013
My brother does that sometimes, and it can be annoying, especially when his opinion seems nonsensical, and it feels like he's just doing it for the sake of disagreeing with me.

I do think that a lot of contrarians with oppositional views just do it to be annoying, but I'm pretty sure that some also do it for the sake of being different. Hipster opinions, in other words. This isn't really related to OP, but it's a relatively common trend that I've noticed. Some people don't adopt views and stances based on their merit, but rather how they reflect them as individuals. I guess it has something to do with shallow identity building. A lot of these people don't even seem to know what they're talking about in great depth, but they do it anyway. They probably believe that their unconventional views make them more interesting in some ways or another, or they do it in order to cater to the general views of their social circles.

I don't think that there is anything wrong about playing the devil's advocate, but Bambi is obviously talking about something different. Not every oppositional person actually wants to have a civil debate.
MoogNov 30, 2015 5:25 AM
Nov 30, 2015 4:37 AM
Mar 2013
if you're having a debate it can be fun to play the devil's advocate. everyone agreeing on everything is boring.

and you've got to be quite egotistic to arbitrarily judge whether someone's doing it on purpose or not. if you genuinely can't accept that people can have other opinions you need to grow up
Nov 30, 2015 5:10 AM

Oct 2010
I was thinking how stupid most of you here are while reading the thread

JD2411 said:

and you've got to be quite egotistic to arbitrarily judge whether someone's doing it on purpose or not. if you genuinely can't accept that people can have other opinions you need to grow up

see this guy isn't that stupid after all.

so funny how apparently if someone disagrees with you hes doing it just to annoy you and not cus he believes what he says lol

1st world spoiled kid syndrome right here
lots of music -
Nov 30, 2015 5:17 AM

Apr 2014
No, the problem is when you actually know the person, so it's easy tell by their moods whether they're being oppositional or not.
Nov 30, 2015 5:26 AM
Mar 2013
Bambi said:
No, the problem is when you actually know the person, so it's easy tell by their moods whether they're being oppositional or not.
what? You don't need to know someone to determine whether they're being oppositional.

Oppositional = not agreeing with you

your relationship with said person is irrelevant

and I also wonder why you'd bother getting close to someone who "does this" given how much you seem to hate them
Nov 30, 2015 5:38 AM

Apr 2014
JD2411 said:
Bambi said:
what? You don't need to know someone to determine whether they're being oppositional.

Oppositional = not agreeing with you

your relationship with said person is irrelevant

and I also wonder why you'd bother getting close to someone who "does this" given how much you seem to hate them
My father and uncle are exactly like this, so it's not my "choice" to get close to them. Besides, you're assuming that I have good friends and just put up with their oppositinal behaviour. I do not. I have, however, come across people like this throughout the years and I do not choose to become closer to them because I dislike their oppositional ways.

I don't know what you're talking about. I don't even think you know what you're going on about half the time
Nov 30, 2015 5:40 AM
Mar 2013
Bambi said:
I don't know what you're talking about. I don't even think you know what you're going on about half the time
>gets BTFO
>ad hominems

sasuga mal
Nov 30, 2015 5:40 AM

Jul 2015
incisorr said:

so funny how apparently if someone disagrees with you hes doing it just to annoy you and not cus he believes what he says lol

[quote=incisorr's "about me"]
retarded sexist forum filled with man-hating cunts and thirstgod moderators that don't ban/warn girls even nearly as much as they should because secretly they are hoping they get some of that internet pussy so they end up cock-blocking everyone with their power abuse
[/quote]

so funny how apparently if someone disagrees with you he's doing it just to get pussy and not cus you're an awful person.

1st world spoiled kid syndrome right here.
Nov 30, 2015 5:45 AM

Oct 2010
Clebardman said:
incisorr said:

[quote=incisorr's "about me"]
retarded sexist forum filled with man-hating cunts and thirstgod moderators that don't ban/warn girls even nearly as much as they should because secretly they are hoping they get some of that internet pussy so they end up cock-blocking everyone with their power abuse

so funny how apparently if someone disagrees with you he's doing it just to get pussy and not cus you're an awful person.

1st world spoiled kid syndrome right here.[/quote]

Mad twists and nothing even close to reality. Why do you even talk to me , just move along with your existence and leave me alone
lots of music -
Nov 30, 2015 6:00 AM

Jul 2015
^Because you keep insulting me in your shit posts?

incisorr said:
I was thinking how stupid most of you here are while reading the thread
Nov 30, 2015 7:31 AM
Oct 2014
I do it on purpose for two reasons. 1. I take the role as the Devil's lawyer, simply to give perspective on things or to defend someone who isn't there. 2. Because I'm living for the lulz. Some people are hot-headed, and I like to tease them.

Nov 30, 2015 7:44 AM

Sep 2013
Rarusu_ said:
I do it on purpose for two reasons. 1. I take the role as the Devil's lawyer, simply to give perspective on things or to defend someone who isn't there. 2. Because I'm living for the lulz. Some people are hot-headed, and I like to tease them.
do you enjoy being tickled
Nov 30, 2015 8:39 AM

Jul 2014
incisorr said:
Im not oppositional on purpose but i often end up being oppositional to people because they are dumb as fuck and need someone to guide them, preferably someone with common sense and high elo that knows what hes talking about - like me.

im mature enough to know when to shut the fuck up and learn from others but when i know how to do things better i speak up, i try to speak up in real life too even to my boss for example who choses to be narrow minded and refuses to let me finish so i'll just write it down and send it to higher instance cuz im relentless as fuck or in worst case i wont tell them how to boost our sales and keep that knowledge to myself and let normal people roast themselves if thats what they want

its the same on the internet, ive been trying to teach people how the world works and common sense but they just refuse to listen, until we meet in some game online and they suck balls because their delusions projected onto the game result in them preforming poorly since you can be delusional on forums or on talk without anything happening but when its action time and the laws of physics and logic and reality apply, your delusions will fall short

can you, learn to punctuate sentences -- properly before you (go around) saying have common - sense
DojNov 30, 2015 8:50 AM

Nov 30, 2015 8:52 AM

Oct 2010
my grammar has nothing to do with common sense

also im almost always severely preoccupied when i post in this forum so thats another thing, i can't structure a sentence in my heads and then execute it properly and as planned - i do it part by part

i only use mal between my arena queues or while im waiting for something and in general

also its not as bad as you're trying to make it look, noggar
lots of music -
Nov 30, 2015 8:54 AM

Nov 2015
Some people are like that, in some cases they might just love arguing or maybe they just have a grudge on you and want to prove everything you say wrong. Either way it's a bit annoying.
Nov 30, 2015 9:01 AM

Jul 2014
incisorr said:
my grammar has nothing to do with common sense

also im almost always severely preoccupied when i post in this forum so thats another thing, i can't structure a sentence in my heads and then execute it properly and as planned - i do it part by part

i only use mal between my arena queues or while im waiting for something and in general

also its not as bad as you're trying to make it look, noggar

I'm just bored, please be upset with me

Nov 30, 2015 9:53 AM
Nov 2015
They want to feel "different" or "peculiar." In they end, it's only to make them feel better about themselves.
Nov 30, 2015 10:37 AM

Apr 2014
Bambi said:
Ughh, I just don't know why this is the case, like when some people just always have to say the opposite thing to what you believe in. It's almost like they're just doing it to get on your nerves. You know that it is not just them having an opinion because they get this punchable look on their face. It's disgusting, and they are people you just don't want to be around. Pls discuss this mal, for it needs to be discussed in detail.

Go.

Some people just love annoying other people they have to be right all the time. I know a few like that who I have on skype. I've learned one thing about them which is the key to handling them. Don't talk to them about anything you want thrown back in your face or argued about. Its better if you actually not talk to them regularly and only let them come to you when they have something to say. And if they purposely try to get you into an argument then follow your response to them with the following:

"I'm sorry I can't talk right now I'm busy doing <insert something here>."

The amount of stress they usually bring makes you want to explode.
Nov 30, 2015 10:44 AM

Dec 2013
I think it's impossible to ever fully disagree with a person when you're all here for a different purpose.
Nov 30, 2015 4:49 PM

Apr 2009
TheBrainintheJar said:
Sounds to me like you just don't know how to deal with people who disagree with you. What the hell is a 'punchable face'?
i think she's basically talking about people who disagree with you just to piss you off and not based on any real opinion

op, i don't know, i haven't encountered one of those since middle school. if i were you i'd just immediately cut ties because i dislike childish and annoying people + if someone thinks doing that is funny then our senses of humor definitely don't match
deadoptimist said:
Though I think shit-flinging should also have standards - no personal, no behind the scenes.
Nov 30, 2015 6:42 PM

Jun 2015
ExplicitlyHuman said:
Nilin said:
U wanna fite m8.

try & one up me again bitch. see wat happens
Nov 30, 2015 6:57 PM

Jun 2015
That's what makes MAL a fun place.
Dec 1, 2015 12:29 AM

May 2015
kawaiiyuris said:
TheBrainintheJar said:
Sounds to me like you just don't know how to deal with people who disagree with you. What the hell is a 'punchable face'?
i think she's basically talking about people who disagree with you just to piss you off and not based on any real opinion

op, i don't know, i haven't encountered one of those since middle school. if i were you i'd just immediately cut ties because i dislike childish and annoying people + if someone thinks doing that is funny then our senses of humor definitely don't match

Contrarian people aren't worth a response.
WEAPONS - My blog, for reviews of music, anime, books, and other things
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» What anime character would make a good villian in Courage The Cowardly Dog and why?

vasipi4946 - 9 hours ago

2 by Zarutaku »»
2 minutes ago

Poll: » Are you mentally ill?

Ejrodiew - Apr 24

27 by hypergoob »»
12 minutes ago

Poll: » Bluey is the most watched anime in the world now

tsukareru - Apr 24

29 by ISeeLifePeople »»
31 minutes ago

» Believe it or not, but my father-in-law works for law enforcement

DesuMaiden - Yesterday

13 by hypergoob »»
36 minutes ago

» Dracula, Strange Case of Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde or Frankenstein(books)?

Absurdo_N - Apr 23

11 by xthewarwithinx »»
3 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.