Forum Settings
Forums
New
Nov 21, 2015 11:28 PM

Dec 2014
Unlike Skyrim, die-able NPC will not give quest/sidequest. But Fallout4 did give. If I kill them in the game, they stay dead forever? and not able to receive the quest for the entire game?
Signature removed. Check your inbox
Nov 22, 2015 1:16 AM

Oct 2014
I believe so but I can't confirm it as I haven't tried. I don't kill NPCs nilly-willy unless I really want them dead.
Nov 22, 2015 4:12 AM
Jan 2014
Yes, they'll stay dead forever. No reason for them to randomly come back to life. If you want to kill them, make sure you do all of their quests first.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 22, 2015 7:57 AM
Chu2byo

Apr 2013
Yes they die forever, I don't think there are any NPC's other than companions that can't die.
Nov 22, 2015 7:47 PM
Jul 2015
Can Confirm NPCs Die (Forever) when they are killed.
Nov 22, 2015 9:36 PM

Dec 2014
1) How do you call your dog back? I forgot where I left it when I command it "Stay".
2) I heard that you can have human/creature companion. Can I have all of them at once, eg. human, creature and dog travel together with me?
3) Why I cannot max all the perk? I use the cheat and jump to level 999 and I only have 180 perk points. I heard that it just need level 310 to max all.
4) How do I scrap "junk", I threw them out or put them to weapon/armor workbench, there is no "scrap" option pop out. I also have all the point in the perk that scrap(weapon/armor?). I still can't scrap "junk".
Nov 22, 2015 11:09 PM

Jan 2014
Yeah, they do.
I went on a rampage once in diamond city, failed many quests during the process. Most of the real important ones don't die though.

you questions answered

1)
Open up the Console by typing Tilde (~)
Type 'prid 0001d162'
Hit Return/Enter
Type 'moveto player'
Hit Return/Enter
Hit Tilde (~) again to close the console
Dogmeat will shoot to you like he is being magically summoned and be next to you!

2)Nah, unfortunately you can't have them all at once. Only one at a time brother.

3) I am still unsure about this one but I think once you reach certain levels perk points can only be gained every few levels, like once every 10 levels you might gain 1 perk point. This OR it could be some problem associated with using console commands to level up. Either way, if you want to get max perks try a higher level than 999, I tried 9999 and got enough perk points to unlock all the perks.

4)Junk cannot be scrapped because there is no need to. Just store them into your workshop inventory and you will automatically acquire what you get by scrapping it.
SolloskiNov 23, 2015 12:04 AM
Nov 22, 2015 11:14 PM

Nov 2014
People die when they are killed

Nov 22, 2015 11:37 PM

Dec 2014
Solloski said:

4)Junk cannot be scrapped because there is no need to. Just store them into your workshop inventory and you will automatically acquire what you get by scrapping it.

Do you mean I can only do this in the "workshop" you mentioned? As I can only found "workbench" around my current area.

If that is the case, how do I mod my weapon and armor? because I can only use "workbench" to mod them.
Nov 22, 2015 11:51 PM

Jan 2014
aLotQuestion said:
Solloski said:

Do you mean I can only do this in the "workshop" you mentioned? As I can only found "workbench" around my current area.

If that is the case, how do I mod my weapon and armor? because I can only use "workbench" to mod them.

You can store the junk into either of those, the workshop or the workbench. You will still acquire all the scrap.
But keep in mind that the scrap you have inside the workshop in one location can only be used in all the workbenches and stations IN that specific location. Unless you have the 'local leader' perk which grants you the ability to use the scrap you stored throughout every commonwealth workshops anywhere.
SolloskiNov 23, 2015 12:05 AM
Nov 23, 2015 12:07 AM

Dec 2014
Solloski said:

You can store the junk into either of those, the workshop or the workbench. You will still acquire all the scrap.
But keep in mind that the scrap you have inside the workshop in one location can only be used in all the workbenches and stations IN that specific location. Unless you have the 'local leader' perk which allows you to use scraps you stored throughout every commonwealth workshops anywhere.

I think I will try that again to store them as last I remember it doesn't work.

Anyway, is everything obtainable multiple time from loot especially apparel and weapon? I feel like throwing them out.

Also, are the monsters spawn automatically or they also one-time only.
Nov 23, 2015 12:30 AM

Jan 2014
aLotQuestion said:
Solloski said:

But keep in mind that the scrap you have inside the workshop in one location can only be used in all the workbenches and stations IN that specific location. Unless you have the 'local leader' perk which allows you to use scraps you stored throughout every commonwealth workshops anywhere.

I think I will try that again to store them as last I remember it doesn't work.

Anyway, is everything obtainable multiple time from loot especially apparel and weapon? I feel like throwing them out.

Also, are the monsters spawn automatically or they also one-time only.

Yeah as far as I know most of the stuff that you loot from common enemies and few items from the rare enemies can be obtained countless times. But not those ultra rare apparels or weapons with special attributes. They are NOT re-obtainable. So unless you think you have no use of an item or you have something better don't throw it away or sell it, either use it or store it. And it'd be better if you scrap it rather than selling or throwing it away.

Yeah some of the common enemies do respawn but not the 'boss' ones. This is as far as my brain knows. I didn't complete the game.
Also, I read this somewhere, once an area says 'cleared' it won't respawn enemies. But after a month in-game the cleared tag goes away and all the indoor enemies respawn.
SolloskiNov 23, 2015 12:36 AM
Nov 23, 2015 7:56 AM

Sep 2013
Solloski said:
aLotQuestion said:

But keep in mind that the scrap you have inside the workshop in one location can only be used in all the workbenches and stations IN that specific location. Unless you have the 'local leader' perk which grants you the ability to use the scrap you stored throughout every commonwealth workshops anywhere.

Whoa there guys, thats false information. If in making something, you scrap an ITEM like an alarm clock that has, for example 2 nuclear material, 2 steel, and 2 wood, you will LOSE whatever MATERIALS weren't needed to create whatever you were creating. Tested it myself.

Best way to handle junk and scrapping in general is store ONLY single-material ITEMS and materials themselves in the workbench and store multi-material ITEMS in something like a regular safe container. And to scrap those items, the only way is to take them outta that container, drop them all on the floor, and scrap each item individually in Build Mode. It sucks hard, but thats the only way.
Old_RavenNov 23, 2015 8:07 AM
Nov 23, 2015 9:03 AM

Nov 2007
Unfortunately any NPC I've wanted to kill has been unkillable, meanwhile I have a quest to get crops with the BoS in sanctuary and the quest marker points all the way to the other end of the map where a single dead settler lies. I don't even know what the hell went wrong with that quest.
Nov 23, 2015 12:31 PM

Jan 2014
Old_Raven said:
Solloski said:

Whoa there guys, thats false information. If in making something, you scrap an ITEM like an alarm clock that has, for example 2 nuclear material, 2 steel, and 2 wood, you will LOSE whatever MATERIALS weren't needed to create whatever you were creating. Tested it myself.

Best way to handle junk and scrapping in general is store ONLY single-material ITEMS and materials themselves in the workbench and store multi-material ITEMS in something like a regular safe container. And to scrap those items, the only way is to take them outta that container, drop them all on the floor, and scrap each item individually in Build Mode. It sucks hard, but thats the only way.

Wyaat?
All this time I only transferred items into the workshop. I am not sure if you'll get every 'scrappable' material by just transferring it, but I read it somewhere. Can't confirm though, so I will get back once I check it out properly myself.
Here's the source:
http://twinfinite.net/2015/11/fallout-4-how-to-scrap-and-dismantle-junk-items-for-crafting-parts/
AND
http://attackofthefanboy.com/guides/fallout-4-guide-what-to-do-with-junk/
Nov 23, 2015 8:47 PM

Dec 2014
Anyway, does anyone know how to undo level and perk? I cheated to lv999 and regretted.

Everytime I go on a mission, I just shower on bullets and I still stand there doesn't feel an itch. I lose the fun of worrying how to dodge bullet...

And I play 16 hours straight without manual save.... So even I load on Quicksave, I still level 999.
Nov 23, 2015 9:16 PM

Jan 2014
aLotQuestion said:
Anyway, does anyone know how to undo level and perk? I cheated to lv999 and regretted.

Everytime I go on a mission, I just shower on bullets and I still stand there doesn't feel an itch. I lose the fun of worrying how to dodge bullet...

And I play 16 hours straight without manual save.... So even I load on Quicksave, I still level 999.

You can't. If you really don't have a save that gets you back to somewhere before you cheated to level 999 i suggest you just start the game all over again.
This way you can experience all those missions you have played as level 999, with a challenge. It can't be that bad.
Nov 26, 2015 11:48 AM

Dec 2014
Why are some random NPC that automatically shoot on me? Their area's item are only able to steal, i suppose there are not Raider-type NPC. There should be some dialogue before they attack me, but no.

Also why are some random NPC and his area similar to above, already dead by the time I reach to them?
Nov 26, 2015 8:49 PM

Sep 2013
aLotQuestion said:
Why are some random NPC that automatically shoot on me? Their area's item are only able to steal, i suppose there are not Raider-type NPC. There should be some dialogue before they attack me, but no.

Also why are some random NPC and his area similar to above, already dead by the time I reach to them?

I can't think of any reason why the developers would include a minusLevel command so you're well fucked if you don't have a save prior to using the console. Your 2 choices are to a) continue in, what I understand, is immensely boring gameplay or b) start over. As for your question, there are various hostile factions: raiders, Gunners, Children of Atom, Synths, Super Mutants, various small factions. And as for finding random corpses, often those are the results of some battle that took place some minutes before your arrival. If you listen to the game, you'll often hear gunshots and explosions somewhat near you.
Old_RavenNov 26, 2015 8:53 PM
Nov 26, 2015 9:51 PM

Dec 2014
I heard those gunfight also. But if that is the case, what if they have some quest? So I will just miss them, like forever?

Because if an area with item that shows "Steal", basically this kind of NPCs are dialogue based and maybe giving quest to help them.

More topics from this board

» Exploring the Intersection of Games, Computers, and Tech Support: A Guide for Android App Development Companies in Saudi Arabia

johnsrp - 3 hours ago

0 by johnsrp »»
3 hours ago

» whats your least favorite video game

_spoon_ - Dec 10, 2021

30 by Kajiuran »»
5 hours ago

» What's the best handheld console you recommend?

CursedFein - Apr 20

6 by rohan121 »»
8 hours ago

» Looking for more Anime Pixel Games

Astachanna - Apr 4

9 by Timeline_man »»
9 hours ago

» Are We Headed For Another Video Game Crash?

Retro8bit - Mar 15

14 by Timeline_man »»
9 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.