Forum Settings
Forums
New
Nov 7, 2015 9:35 AM

Aug 2015
I was just going back and watching the Hiruzen vs Orochimaru fight. I still don't get how he managed to defeat Hashirama AND Tobirama. Hashirama seems ridiculously overpowered now. On the other hand, I don't think Minato is everything that he's hyped up to be. Other characters kept talking about him like he's the strongest ninja ever but he wasn't that impressive during the war.
Nov 8, 2015 8:49 PM

Mar 2014
They were weak AF due to being controlled by Oro, unlike in the war where they were completely reinless.

And yes, Minato is all that he was hyped up to be; sure he's not the strongest hokage but prior to the war, he was definitely top ten of all time.
Nov 9, 2015 9:06 AM

May 2012
Top ten? I don't think so. The only thing he is good at is being fast thanks to teleportation, but for example against technics like susanoo it's not quite useful.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 9, 2015 9:10 AM

Apr 2015
because of "bad writting"
Nov 9, 2015 3:50 PM

Mar 2014
Ennetsu said:
Top ten? I don't think so. The only thing he is good at is being fast thanks to teleportation, but for example against technics like susanoo it's not quite useful.
And teleporting life-wiping justus elsewhere; and summoning mountainous frogs on people; and sage mode; etc.
Nov 11, 2015 11:34 AM

Aug 2015
ziggy_Z said:
They were weak AF due to being controlled by Oro, unlike in the war where they were completely reinless.

And yes, Minato is all that he was hyped up to be; sure he's not the strongest hokage but prior to the war, he was definitely top ten of all time.

Yeah, but I think Naruto had already surpassed him or was close to his level by the time Oro brought him back. He also had half of the Kyuubi's chakra so I expected more from him. Idk why but I was a little disappointed lol.
Nov 11, 2015 11:57 AM

Jul 2015
I really don't agree that Naruto surpassed Minato or any other Kage prior to meeting the six sage of path. There was too many characters during that fight for Minato to have a big spotlight but I think he did alright and his jutsu was quite useful.

Swither777 said:
because of "bad writting"

It was explained by Orochimaru, when he brought them back again. They weren't even half as their real strength, because Orochimaru's jutsu at the time was flawed, unlike Kabuto's which was able to edo Tensi people into their full potential. Coupled with the fact that didn't have control of their bodies the first time.
Nov 17, 2015 10:22 AM

Aug 2015
Last_Waltz said:
I really don't agree that Naruto surpassed Minato or any other Kage prior to meeting the six sage of path. There was too many characters during that fight for Minato to have a big spotlight but I think he did alright and his jutsu was quite useful.

Well we know that he was way stronger than Tsunade. I think he was stronger than Hiruzen too. I don't think Hiruzen could have defeated Pain. Maybe in his prime but not when he was old. Whether he surpassed the other hokage is debatable. As for the Kage from other villages, there are some really strong and really weak Kage. Some would argue that even Kakashi was Kage level.
Nov 18, 2015 10:46 PM

May 2012
I disagree, I think he was just as strong as any of the kage apart from Hashirama.

He 100% would have been as strong as them if he possessed all of the fox.
Nov 19, 2015 3:16 AM
Oct 2013
Ennetsu said:

Tobirama straight up stated that his Flying thundergod is worse than Minato´s.
In terms of assasination and speed he´s the best, it´s even hinted that he destroyed whole armies by just getting Shuriken thrown at his enemies by fodder Ninja.

Anyway in terms of big scale shit, like mentioned before he can teleport that away and launch a pintpoint attack after analyzing his enemie.
We do not know how big of a scale his attacks could reach, or how vulnerable Susano is against his attacks. Mei was strong enough to melt it down so probably he could pierce it. Or melt it down with some acid attack his frogs could cast.
Dec 11, 2015 1:38 PM
Jan 2015
It's ridiculous how people keep making this question when the fight was shown in in its complete extension for you. With the Shinigami Seal, using a clone.
Apr 25, 2021 10:12 PM

Jan 2020
Maybe they weren't planned to end up as strong as they were

More topics from this board

Poll: » Naruto Chapter 342 Discussion

kittykun2011 - Nov 8, 2008

5 by Chfenj_ »»
Apr 13, 9:54 AM

Poll: » Naruto Chapter 244 Discussion

Thystrix - Mar 20, 2016

6 by Chfenj_ »»
Mar 30, 9:34 AM

Poll: » Naruto Chapter 649 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Blaine - Oct 2, 2013

74 by actuallytom »»
Mar 29, 12:14 PM

Poll: » Naruto Chapter 97 Discussion

jeanfarias - Aug 7, 2012

5 by MissDoublefinger »»
Mar 13, 6:52 AM

Poll: » Naruto Chapter 87 Discussion

jeanfarias - Jul 4, 2012

5 by MissDoublefinger »»
Mar 12, 7:10 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.