Is it out yet?

5-6 hours left.
Oct 29, 2015 5:25 AM

Jul 2013
Lol it's about damn time this happened.
Oct 29, 2015 7:17 AM

Jan 2013
2 more hours...

Unfortunately, I have classes at the time it unlocks...
Oct 29, 2015 7:57 AM

Jan 2013
I found the JP voices. XSEED confirmed that you can change the english audio to jp audio by dropping the correct sound files into the game directory. I'mma confirm this first though, since I've heard some people fucking up and muting the entire audio for Trails in the Sky FC.
A7MAD111 said:
About time , I finished FC like 7 or 6 months ago , might pick it up some other time .
What is sad is Japan is getting even an Evolution edition of this game not to mention the first that was released ... UGHHH .
tbh, evo isn't actually that great...

The updated portraits are crap (especially Joshua's portrait). Went for a more "anime" style and completely ruined the originality and charm of some of the characters.

The voiced dialogue is pretty neat though.
PeenusWeenusCaimOct 29, 2015 8:03 AM
Oct 29, 2015 8:05 AM

Apr 2013
CaimTheJoyful said:
I found the JP voices. XSEED confirmed that you can change the english audio to jp audio by dropping the correct sound files into the game directory. I'mma confirm this first though, since I've heard some people fucking up and muting the entire audio for Trails in the Sky FC.
A7MAD111 said:
About time , I finished FC like 7 or 6 months ago , might pick it up some other time .
What is sad is Japan is getting even an Evolution edition of this game not to mention the first that was released ... UGHHH .

The updated portraits are crap (especially Joshua's portrait). Went for a more "anime" style and completely ruined the originality and charm of some of the characters.

If you confirm after release and can post how to on the thread, that'd be nice.
Oct 29, 2015 8:06 AM

Jun 2011

Take this. My hype. My patience and all of my money.
Oct 29, 2015 8:46 AM

Jan 2013
hoopla123 said:
Will do. Might be at noon after I'm done with classes and all.
Oct 29, 2015 8:50 AM

Nov 2014
I have some Trails in the Sky allready on my wishlist on steam for some time. Is this a sequel or something? O.o Or just alternative version/port/whatever.
What is wrong with loving someone who doesn't exist ? Absolutely nothing. As long as you make peace with it.
Oct 29, 2015 8:57 AM

Apr 2013
CaimTheJoyful said:
hoopla123 said:
Will do. Might be at noon after I'm done with classes and all.

Thanks.

kosay said:
I have some Trails in the Sky allready on my wishlist on steam for some time. Is this a sequel or something? O.o Or just alternative version/port/whatever.

SC is the direct sequel of FC.

Play FC and get SC.
Oct 29, 2015 9:06 AM

Nov 2014
hoopla123 said:

Play FC and get SC.

Will do! O7

I added it to my wishlist. By the time i get to it, it will be probably even cheaper :3

I plan to play JRPG-like game this winter but i am guessing it will take some time to beat original trails in the sky.

Does anyone here know how long is the storyline in first Trails?
What is wrong with loving someone who doesn't exist ? Absolutely nothing. As long as you make peace with it.
Oct 29, 2015 9:13 AM

Jan 2013
Just purchased it on Steam, giving my money to based XSEED

Now I just gotta wait...
Oct 29, 2015 9:30 AM

Apr 2013
kosay said:
hoopla123 said:

Play FC and get SC.

Will do! O7

I added it to my wishlist. By the time i get to it, it will be probably even cheaper :3

I plan to play JRPG-like game this winter but i am guessing it will take some time to beat original trails in the sky.

Does anyone here know how long is the storyline in first Trails?

It is around 40 hours of gameplay in my opinion without side quests.

Apparently SC is much longer than that so ya. Plenty of gameplay time.

You should definitely play it.

OT: IT'S UP AND RUNNING DOWNLOADDD!!
Oct 29, 2015 9:54 AM

Apr 2013
Oh my god, the game is beautiful ㅠㅠ.

That opening song during the intro to the game is perfect.

Gonna play this more later tonight, can't keep the hype sealed no longer.
Oct 29, 2015 11:31 AM

Nov 2014
Have fun *u*

Tell us how you liked it (in depth :3)
Oct 29, 2015 11:33 AM

Oct 2013
CaimTheJoyful said:
A7MAD111 said:

I agree with you on the anime (moe ?) . Here for hoping that someday we might get them .
Oct 29, 2015 12:35 PM

Jan 2013
VOICES WORK

https://mega.nz/#!wBxiRDpL!Z48TzFcVm5QfEmwr7VBw7mhHecEGNUbc5cTGzLw3Ewo

Download this, place it in the game directory (replacing the English voices) and then go to options and switch to Japanese.
Oct 29, 2015 12:48 PM

Jan 2013
You guys imported the FC save file right? The change in dialogue is pretty big.
Oct 29, 2015 12:54 PM

Apr 2013
CaimTheJoyful said:

Yep.

Haven't played it too much yet (playing BnS CBT), but thanks for the Japanese voice files.
Oct 29, 2015 6:10 PM

Apr 2013
CaimTheJoyful said:
VOICES WORK

Download this, place it in the game directory (replacing the English voices) and then go to options and switch to Japanese.

Can you give us a more detailed explanation?

I put the rar file inside the game folder under steamapps but I can't find the Japanese voiceover option in the game.
Oct 29, 2015 6:33 PM

Mar 2014
hoopla123 said:
CaimTheJoyful said:
VOICES WORK

I put the rar file inside the game folder under steamapps but I can't find the Japanese voiceover option in the game.
You need to extract it and place the files in the folder where the game is installed (if it asks you to overwrite you're doing it right but make sure to backup the files already there).
Then change the option in game.
Oct 29, 2015 7:11 PM

Apr 2013
Paulo27 said:
hoopla123 said:

You need to extract it and place the files in the folder where the game is installed (if it asks you to overwrite you're doing it right but make sure to backup the files already there).
Then change the option in game.

Ah it worked! Thanks!

OT: Playing the game so far and gotta say I love the new BGM during fights.
Oct 29, 2015 7:41 PM

Jan 2013
CaimTheJoyful said:
It prompts you to do that before you start playing right? I'm playing on the vita and it prompted me to load my clear data of FC. I'm assuming thats what you mean by that.
Oct 29, 2015 7:44 PM

Jul 2013

Enjoy people :P
Hope you love it as much as I do.
Oct 29, 2015 8:19 PM

Apr 2013
Major123 said:
CaimTheJoyful said:
It prompts you to do that before you start playing right? I'm playing on the vita and it prompted me to load my clear data of FC. I'm assuming thats what you mean by that.

yes
Oct 29, 2015 8:58 PM
Mar 2011
Sooul-Master said:

jdk will always do good music even if the games have been so so of late
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
Oct 29, 2015 9:03 PM

Apr 2011
Sooul-Master said:

I prefer the version of FC
Oct 29, 2015 9:48 PM
Apr 2015
Glad the game is finally out but what a bad timing for the release date. I'll have to replay FC again to refresh my memory and I lost my save for FC. If I play FC on GoG version can I import my save if using Steam SC? Nice there is already a Japanese voice pack for SC.

Going to be playing Phantasy Star Gen. 2 for a few more days before starting FC and SC.

nvm, I just bought SC from GoG. Didn't think they would have it the same release date as Steam.
SiruppercutOct 29, 2015 10:13 PM
Oct 29, 2015 10:11 PM

Jan 2013
I've just about fucked myself up on every single quiz question this game threw at me. It's pretty embarassing.
Oct 29, 2015 10:17 PM

Apr 2013
I think I fucked myself over playing hard mode instead of easy.

God damn, this shit is hard on hard....

Beat FC on hard but that was a pain too...
Oct 29, 2015 10:25 PM

Jan 2013
[b]SPOILER SPOILER
EVERYTHING BELOW THIS POST IS A SPOILER
[/b]

Siruppercut said:
Glad the game is finally out but what a bad timing for the release date. I'll have to replay FC again to refresh my memory and I lost my save for FC. If I play FC on GoG version can I import my save if using Steam SC? Nice there is already a Japanese voice pack for SC.

Going to be playing Phantasy Star Gen. 2 for a few more days before starting FC and SC.

nvm, I just bought SC from GoG. Didn't think they would have it the same release date as Steam.
If you want, you could just download an FC save file online.

As for remembering the plot, there's only a two things you need to remember:
[*] ruins everything.

[*]Joshua leaves Estelle and friends in fear of hurting them by association (since he's an assassin and all that)

And that's pretty much it.
hoopla123 said:

I picked normal and I'm kinda regretting it too. If there's one thing I don't particularly like about Trails; it's the combat. If anything, the traveling and comfy exploration are the only core "gameplay" mechanics I need.
PeenusWeenusCaimOct 29, 2015 10:49 PM
Oct 29, 2015 10:27 PM
Apr 2015
hoopla123 said:

Looking forward to playing it on hard. I like my games difficult even if it means I have to grind a lot.
Oct 29, 2015 10:35 PM

Apr 2013
CaimTheJoyful said:
Siruppercut said:

If you want, you could just download an FC save file online.

As for remembering the plot, there's only a two things you need to remember:
[*] ruins everything.

[*]Joshua leaves Estelle and friends in fear of hurting them by association (since he's an assassin and all that)

And that's pretty much it.
hoopla123 said:

I picked normal and I'm kinda regretting it too. If there's one thing I don't particularly like about Trails; it's the combat. If anything, the traveling and comfy exploration are the only core "gameplay" mechanics I need.

Lol ya, the combat is sort of weak but not too bad. The main seller for this series for me is the story/characters anyways.

Siruppercut said:
hoopla123 said:

Looking forward to playing it on hard. I like my games difficult even if it means I have to grind a lot.

It's not much of a you have to grind no matter what kind of thing, it's just that sometimes you are dependent on luck or your strategy/timing has to be really goddamn good.

Not saying grinding isn't useful per say but it really isn't a requirement like some games to beat certain levels as long as you do some side quests while doing the main story.
Oct 29, 2015 10:40 PM
Apr 2015

I just installed the game and found a save file. Guess I'll just replay the game if other character dialogues doesn't make any sense. Mainly don't want to miss out on any chat references from the first game.

This is why I don't visit anime discussion on MAL.:)
SiruppercutOct 29, 2015 10:47 PM
Oct 29, 2015 10:43 PM

Apr 2013
Oh and Caim you might want to spoiler tag that.

Some people interested in playing the games are checking this thread out so ya..
Oct 29, 2015 10:49 PM

Jan 2013
fix'd
Oct 29, 2015 11:13 PM

Feb 2013
I'm so hyped right now, it's hard to contain. I decided to replay FC on PC with Japanese voices before I finally play SC, since it's been like 5 years since I've played FC on psp. Gotta say, the game looks waaaay better on PC. Controls well with the mouse, too. Glad I decided to do this.

Huge backlog of games got put on-hold after starting up FC on PC and instantly getting pulled back into this great series. Hard to focus on anything else now, after all.
Oct 30, 2015 9:43 PM

Jan 2013
Dropped out of the top sellers chart pretty early it seems...

Oh well, that's kinda guaranteed when it's grouped at a release range where so many other heavily marketed games are starting to rear their hands... Along with this game showing up shortly after Tales of Zestiria released...

Anyways, who here picked Agate? This dude's a pimp yo.
Oct 30, 2015 10:00 PM

Feb 2013
Question: I have the GOG version of FC and Steam version of SC, so I'd still be able to import my save, right? I mean, I'd assume so. Also, how is importing the save done? Do you just drop it in the save folder or does the game detect it somehow?

Questions that probably won't be necessary, but I'm still playing through FC's PC version atm, and I'd like to quell my worries.

Nevermind. Answered my own questions for the most part.
EvildoerOct 30, 2015 10:45 PM
Oct 30, 2015 10:01 PM

Apr 2013
CaimTheJoyful said:

Oh well, that's kinda guaranteed when it's grouped at a release range where so many other heavily marketed games are starting to rear their hands... Along with this game showing up shortly after Tales of Zestiria released...

Doesn't surprise me at all since the game is pretty niche in general and it is also a sequel.

I really do wish the best for this series, hopefully more people buy this later on in the future ㅠㅠ.

Haven't got too far into the game yet because I've been busy with other things and games (BnS CBT and study) but I've used Agate during the final dungeon in FC. Loved his CP boost craft (paired with group heal and earth wall, fucking broken).
Oct 30, 2015 10:02 PM

Apr 2013
Eden2307 said:
Question: I have the GOG version of FC and Steam version of SC, so I'd still be able to import my save, right? I mean, I'd assume so. Also, how is importing the save done? Do you just drop it in the save folder or does the game detect it somehow?

Questions that probably won't be necessary, but I'm still playing through FC's PC version atm, and I'd like to quell my worries.

I am not too sure, you should ask the steam forums or the official xseed forums. Surely you'll find some answers there.
Oct 30, 2015 10:41 PM

Oct 2012
CaimTheJoyful said:

Here's one, I'm having a lot of fun so far with Olivier teasing Agate this time around, though I was expecting some new quarrels between Agate and Estelle, but it seems she really has matured in just a few chapters compared to before, but even then she still goes nuts from time to time with Olivier's craziness so everything is alright.
Oct 30, 2015 10:58 PM

Apr 2010
20 hours in 2 days send help
Oct 30, 2015 11:15 PM

Apr 2013
Okay, so I restarted with normal instead of hard and finally caught up to where I left off...

Holy shit hard is actually HARD LMAO.

To any of the new players or people interested in reading this, unless you are playing NG+, don't even bother going hard mode for this game. I beat FC in hard mode first time playing and that was such a pain in the ass.

I think beating nightmare without dying a shit ton of times would be impossible for this game, the mobs in the beginning in SC on hard literally hit you for 1/2 of your HP
Oct 31, 2015 12:37 AM

Jul 2013
CaimTheJoyful said:

Yeah, the date of release was rather unfortunate. And it didn't even get reviewed by professional sites... I hope it will reach a profitable number of sales.
Oct 31, 2015 7:39 AM
Oct 31, 2015 11:03 AM

Oct 2012
hoopla123 said:
Okay, so I restarted with normal instead of hard and finally caught up to where I left off...

To any of the new players or people interested in reading this, unless you are playing NG+, don't even bother going hard mode for this game. I beat FC in hard mode first time playing and that was such a pain in the ass.

I think beating nightmare without dying a shit ton of times would be impossible for this game, the mobs in the beginning in SC on hard literally hit you for 1/2 of your HP

Nightmare has always been meant for those that have already cleared the game at least once so yeah, but even then I don't think is really impossible to clear the game at that difficulty without a NG+, regardless though I think this is a great improvement compared to FC that only had

Being REALLY hard. Yes, the core of these games is the story along with a great narration and characters, but gameplay in any RPG is also very important after all, and you can just choose the option that makes the enemies weaker after trying again if you don't care about it anyway.
Oct 31, 2015 12:45 PM

Mar 2014
CursedFein said:
hoopla123 said:

Nightmare has always been meant for those that have already cleared the game at least once so yeah, but even then I don't think is really impossible to clear the game at that difficulty without a NG+, regardless though I think this is a great improvement compared to FC that only had

Being REALLY hard. Yes, the core of these games is the story along with a great narration and characters, but gameplay in any RPG is also very important after all, and you can just choose the option that makes the enemies weaker after trying again if you don't care about it anyway.
You weren't really meant to win that fight anyway (you kinda still "lose" because reasons), did take me 3 times to win.
The final boss was pretty hard I guess, maybe more annoying than hard actually, it already killed me in one hit on Normal most of the time and I wasn't that underleveled so I imagine it's borderline impossible unless you have Earth Walls always up and get super lucky.
Oct 31, 2015 6:21 PM

Jan 2013
hoopla123 said:
Doesn't surprise me at all since the game is pretty niche in general and it is also a sequel.

I really do wish the best for this series, hopefully more people buy this later on in the future ㅠㅠ.
Sooul-Master said:
Yeah, the date of release was rather unfortunate. And it didn't even get reviewed by professional sites... I hope it will reach a profitable number of sales.
I'm really praying for it man. I'm starting to get depressed just thinking about it. XSEED stated that SC was less about the money and more a labor of love. But because XSEED is also a business, they can't just do stuff like this.

They stated that they'll do TC and Zero/Ao if the sales are good but...

Goddamnit.
Oct 31, 2015 6:56 PM

Apr 2013
CaimTheJoyful said:
hoopla123 said:

Sooul-Master said:
I'm really praying for it man. I'm starting to get depressed just thinking about it. XSEED stated that SC was less about the money and more a labor of love. But because XSEED is also a business, they can't just do stuff like this.

They stated that they'll do TC and Zero/Ao if the sales are good but...

Goddamnit.

Good thing I can read Korean.

If this shit goes south, I'll just have to play the fan translated versions of Zero/Ao...

Goddamn plebians man, people pay 60 bux for Tales of Zestiria over great things like this...
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

» Exploring the Intersection of Games, Computers, and Tech Support: A Guide for Android App Development Companies in Saudi Arabia

johnsrp - 9 hours ago

0 by johnsrp »»
9 hours ago

» whats your least favorite video game

_spoon_ - Dec 10, 2021

30 by Kajiuran »»
11 hours ago

» What's the best handheld console you recommend?

CursedFein - Apr 20

6 by rohan121 »»
Yesterday, 6:16 PM

» Looking for more Anime Pixel Games

Astachanna - Apr 4

9 by Timeline_man »»
Yesterday, 5:59 PM

» Are We Headed For Another Video Game Crash?

Retro8bit - Mar 15

14 by Timeline_man »»
Yesterday, 5:57 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.