Forum Settings
Forums
Fairy Tail
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Aug 17, 2015 11:30 AM

Aug 2014
Oh, so we get to know what LH really means. The hype is real.

If Evangelion were Rokka no Yuusha the seventh would be Shinji.
Aug 17, 2015 11:44 AM
May 2015
Remember this
[spoiler]

The Mavis who had been alone for 7 years except for projected illusions for Zeref to touch.

Then we had Warrod learning tree magic, Preht learning different kinds, Yuri learning lightening (something to go boom)... Zeria learned... fire???? hmmm.....

And then... what magic did Mavis learn?

Then we see her using an incomplete law

Then we see this

And this

CrescentgenisiAug 17, 2015 11:59 AM
Aug 17, 2015 1:35 PM
Anime Moderator
᠎ Master Öqvily᠎

Aug 2014
It's kind of a pain that Makarov will be the master again but whatever.

Forum set made by my
secret santa, Nate!
Aug 17, 2015 2:25 PM
May 2015
Anyone know why Lucy was talking in past tense or was that a mistranslation

Also the misuse of Fairy Law is why Mavis is the way she is
Aug 17, 2015 2:30 PM

Apr 2008
Trentor11 said:

It's not the first time she's done that style of narration. Usualy it does NOT bode well
Aug 17, 2015 2:33 PM
May 2015
Trentor11 said:

She was narrating it like how Future Lucy was doing it during GMG and on how Lucy did it on Tenrou island (chp 251).
Aug 17, 2015 8:46 PM
Mar 2015
Darklight0303 said:
Trentor11 said:

It's not the first time she's done that style of narration. Usualy it does NOT bode well

Wait is zeira Mavis little sister? She died and
Aug 17, 2015 10:42 PM
May 2015
trump54 said:
Darklight0303 said:

Wait is zeira Mavis little sister? She died and
Nope. Mavis used to work for a guild on Tenrou island and they treated her like trash. Zera was the daughter of the master. When the guild was attacked, Mavis tried to save Zera.
Aug 18, 2015 3:05 AM

Jul 2007
Darklight0303 said:
Trentor11 said:

That and also because from Narrator-Lucy's point of view, entirety of this story has already happened to an unknown point. THe whole story of Fairy Tail is one giant flashback.

But yeah, usually when she goes into direct past tense, things go wrong.
Aug 18, 2015 3:45 AM

Mar 2014
Trentor11 said:
Nah, she's done that a couple of times, and each time further indicates that what we're reading/watching is simply her novel that she finished writing. Did all this actually happen? Or is she a fiction-writer? Only Hiro knows well I hope he does
Aug 18, 2015 3:47 AM

Mar 2015
Nice build up chapter.

I'm interested to see the past of Mavis and Zeref :)
Aug 18, 2015 8:54 AM

Sep 2013
Maybe Mavis was also cursed by the gods like Zeref and now zeref wants her powers.
Aug 18, 2015 10:05 AM

Jul 2007
ichii_1 said:
Maybe Mavis was also cursed by the gods like Zeref and now zeref wants her powers.

Read Fairy Tail Zero.

Aug 18, 2015 10:48 AM

Jun 2013
CookingPriest said:
ichii_1 said:

Read Fairy Tail Zero.

Aug 18, 2015 10:50 AM

Apr 2008
metsujin said:
CookingPriest said:

Read Fairy Tail Zero.

Aug 18, 2015 10:50 AM

Jul 2007
metsujin said:
CookingPriest said:

Read Fairy Tail Zero.

Actually no
Aug 18, 2015 10:29 PM

Sep 2013
CookingPriest said:
ichii_1 said:

Read Fairy Tail Zero.

Aug 18, 2015 10:48 PM

Jun 2013
I think Lumen Histoire has something to do with E.N.D revival, because Zeref wants it.
Aug 19, 2015 2:18 PM

May 2015
So basically either Zeref and Mavis were a thing or really close friends. Either way he wants Fairy Heart now and either way he is officially a lolicon. Well I guess zero kinda hinted those two but now I gotta make a thread to discuss the real question.
I am the King, address me as anything less and face the wrath of The Emperor Supreme King
Aug 19, 2015 2:20 PM

May 2015
ichii_1 said:
CookingPriest said:

Read Fairy Tail Zero.

First of all Mavis never got eternal life just an eternal Loli body. As for why he wants it, BTW he is officially a lolicon now, possibly to help kill Acnologia or restore ends full power. Most likely the former cuz during tartourous gramps wanted to use it as a weapon.
I am the King, address me as anything less and face the wrath of The Emperor Supreme King
Aug 20, 2015 12:09 AM

Jul 2007
ichii_1 said:
CookingPriest said:

Read Fairy Tail Zero.

Aug 20, 2015 4:14 AM
Mar 2015
If Mavis called it a xcurse then its a curse
Aug 20, 2015 12:37 PM

May 2015
trump54 said:

If u talking about her eternal Lolita body then heck no it's the exact opposite. She got fucking eternal youth so she wouldn't age until she died. That's not a curse and if she thought of it like that I wonder how many old people tried to set her straight?

If u r not then u gotta specify bro
Aug 20, 2015 12:38 PM

Apr 2008
KingAce261 said:
trump54 said:

If u talking about her eternal Lolita body then heck no it's the exact opposite. She got fucking eternal youth so she wouldn't age until she died. That's not a curse and if she thought of it like that I wonder how many old people tried to set her straight?

How naive are you? =_=
Aug 20, 2015 12:43 PM

May 2015
Darklight0303 said:
KingAce261 said:

How naive are you? =_=

Not naive but people complain about growing old all the time. Even with Zeref some people like being alone and immortal. Technically nothing's a curse at most it's a curse and a blessing but never a curse alone.
Aug 20, 2015 1:35 PM
Oct 2013
Guys I can´t believe that seriously no one thinks about it?

Natsu was brought back to "live" by Zeref. However it seems to be an incomplete form of revival since his live is tied to E.N.D

So I´m assuming now since Mavis talks about a sin, she did the same thing, but suceeded. Rememember when Makarov said how Mavis beat Zeref in the past?

The conclusion is probably that she brought back her best friend back to live.
Something Zeref couldn´t succeed in, but she used a different concept, one that requires love.
That´s why her sin is to be crystalized, it´s nothing powerful just something that Zeref cannot afford to lose.

God Serena is Yuriy who also attempted an imperfect magic and is in the same condition as Mavis, which is why he still looks so young. After his perfomance in the year XX70 he started calling himself Serena.

The reason he sides with Spriggan/Zeref is because he promised him to bring his beloved Mavis back, who may or may not be Makarov´s mom or his best former friend.
IsterioAug 20, 2015 1:38 PM
Aug 20, 2015 2:27 PM

Jun 2013
Isterio said:

Natsu was brought back to "live" by Zeref. However it seems to be an incomplete form of revival since his live is tied to E.N.D

So I´m assuming now since Mavis talks about a sin, she did the same thing, but suceeded. Rememember when Makarov said how Mavis beat Zeref in the past?

Something Zeref couldn´t succeed in, but she used a different concept, one that requires love.
That´s why her sin is to be crystalized, it´s nothing powerful just something that Zeref cannot afford to lose.

God Serena is Yuriy who also attempted an imperfect magic and is in the same condition as Mavis, which is why he still looks so young. After his perfomance in the year XX70 he started calling himself Serena.

The reason he sides with Spriggan/Zeref is because he promised him to bring his beloved Mavis back, who may or may not be Makarov´s mom or his best former friend.

When did Makarov said Mavis beat Zeref in the past? I don't recall that.
Aug 20, 2015 3:08 PM
Oct 2013
metsujin said:

When did Makarov said Mavis beat Zeref in the past? I don't recall that.

During the Tenru Island Arc when the children have to find Mavis grave he monoglogues about how it was Mavis that beat Zeref. At this point we knew Zeref only through his Demons and because of her grave I initiatlly assumed that Mavis was that great powerful woman that beat Zeref giving her life in a war 500 years ago.

Therefore giving Fairy Tail it´s big name and prestige.
Ofc it got all revelaed to be different.
Somewhere later into the story I think someone else mentioned how he wasn´t beaten but she was the one who made him decide to stay iddle and leave the world alone.

I dunno if it was himself or Makarov.
Fairy Tail Zero confirmed that now.
Aug 20, 2015 3:36 PM

Apr 2008
Isterio said:

God Serena is not Yuri. He looks too bloody young while Hades and the tree dude are all old men.
Aug 20, 2015 4:33 PM
Oct 2013
Darklight0303 said:

God Serena is not Yuri. He looks too bloody young while Hades and the tree dude are all old men.

Yes so does Mavis and we know why she looks the way she does?
What does stop Yuri from performing the same ritual?

What does stop Hiro from pulling the name change card? That day Yuri died and Serena was born ooohoohoohoo, what a twist!
Aug 21, 2015 2:00 PM

May 2015
Isterio said:
Darklight0303 said:

Yes so does Mavis and we know why she looks the way she does?
What does stop Yuri from performing the same ritual?

What does stop Hiro from pulling the name change card? That day Yuri died and Serena was born ooohoohoohoo, what a twist!

What ritual? Mavis just used Law before she was supposed to and an eternal Lolita non aging body was her side effect
Aug 21, 2015 3:30 PM
Oct 2013
KingAce261 said:

What ritual? Mavis just used Law before she was supposed to and an eternal Lolita non aging body was her side effect

Was too lazy o spoiler tag so i wrote ritual.
Anyway the reasoning behind her appereance according to zero was.
now that´s a pretty vague term and can define basicly anything. Whose to say that Yuri didn´t try to bring her back after she used Fairy Heart and became a Loli in a crystal failed at it and now callls himself Serena because of his failure (leaving his old life behind).
Aug 22, 2015 7:36 AM

May 2015
Isterio said:
KingAce261 said:

Was too lazy o spoiler tag so i wrote ritual.
Anyway the reasoning behind her appereance according to zero was.
now that´s a pretty vague term and can define basicly anything. Whose to say that Yuri didn´t try to bring her back after she used Fairy Heart and became a Loli in a crystal failed at it and now callls himself Serena because of his failure (leaving his old life behind).

Still doesn't explain why he is now has an eternal youth. In order to get that he'd have to go back in time and use law, also Mavis just got eternal youth never immortal so yuriy would still die of old age. Plus he/she was a pretty famous wiz so since FT is letting secrets put they would have mentioned who serena is by now if it was yuriy
Aug 22, 2015 8:23 AM
May 2015
According to mangahelpers: https://mangahelpers.com/forum/showthread.php/3001206-Fairy-Tail-449-Spoiler-Thread

Fairy Tail Chapter 449: Mavis and Zeref

So looks like because Mavis was cursed to be immortal just like Zeref for using his law magic and maybe she ran away from Zeref because of someting. It also seems Markarov is now born. Unless Markarov had a brother or something.
CrescentgenisiAug 22, 2015 3:38 PM
Aug 22, 2015 8:26 AM

Apr 2008
Crescentgenisi said:
According to mangahelpers: https://mangahelpers.com/forum/showthread.php/3001206-Fairy-Tail-449-Spoiler-Thread

- The Guild's Founder Mavis once met Zeref
- Back then, she was taught magic by Zeref to defeat a Dark Guild that ruled Magnolia (referencing Blue Skull from Fairy Tail Zero)
- Mavis used an unfinished magic to defeat the enemy, but thus paid the price in not being able to grow anymore
- During this 'fleeting peace', Mavis was reunited with Zeref
- Mavis losing the ability to grow caused her to be immortal, the same as Zeref's curse (Thats the jist of what is said)
- Zeref: "I do not know the preciousness of life in this world"
- Mavis ran back to the guild to deny something (spoilers were unclear here)
- Yuri is one of the members of the guild, and at this time his child has been born

So looks like because Mavis was cursed to be immortal just like Zeref for using his law magic and maybe she ran away from Zeref because of someting. It also seems Markarov is now born. Unless Markarov had a brother or something.

So basically no new information and just confirming what we already deduced. Outside of being killed or getting sick, Mavis is completely immortal.
Aug 22, 2015 10:27 AM
May 2015
Darklight0303 said:
Crescentgenisi said:

- Back then, she was taught magic by Zeref to defeat a Dark Guild that ruled Magnolia (referencing Blue Skull from Fairy Tail Zero)
- Mavis used an unfinished magic to defeat the enemy, but thus paid the price in not being able to grow anymore
- Mavis losing the ability to grow caused her to be immortal, the same as Zeref's curse (Thats the jist of what is said)
- Yuri is one of the members of the guild, and at this time his child has been born

So basically no new information and just confirming what we already deduced. Outside of being killed or getting sick, Mavis is completely immortal.

Yea that's what I think, a recap of FT0 with some new information to get us to the point where Mavis did something to be trapped in lacrimal. I think the next chapter will actually be the one that explains what specifically happened with fairy heart and one magic.

Some people will whine about this chapter but it's understandable to make sure everyone (in the story and us who read the story) are up to speed on the origins of fairy tail.
Aug 22, 2015 10:48 AM
Oct 2013
Crescentgenisi said:

Yea that's what I think, a recap of FT0 with some new information to get us to the point where Mavis did something to be trapped in lacrimal. I think the next chapter will actually be the one that explains what specifically happened with fairy heart and one magic.

Some people will whine about this chapter but it's understandable to make sure everyone (in the story and us who read the story) are up to speed on the origins of fairy tail.

There is absolutely no reason to complain about a FT zero recap, not every FT reader will/have read zero, also the preview hints that alot of hinted things within zero will get clarified. Like the phantom lord part.
Aug 22, 2015 11:28 AM

May 2015
Isterio said:
Crescentgenisi said:

There is absolutely no reason to complain about a FT zero recap, not every FT reader will/have read zero, also the preview hints that alot of hinted things within zero will get clarified. Like the phantom lord part.

I agree. This is like all the shit I read on DB super comments. People mad about the first episodes being a recap of movies but it would make no sense if they skipped them and not everyone in jap has paid money to see the movies but the show airs for free on TV and also people later watching will be lost since they would have to outsource to know what's going on.

Oh yeah also crescent for your posts earlier I'd put a spoiler warning thing since it technically is a spoiler
Aug 22, 2015 11:29 AM

May 2015
Crescentgenisi said:

THEY BETTER SHOW THAT BABY MOMMA OR AT LEAST MENTION OR BY SAYUNG SOMETHING LIKE SO SAD SHE DIED OR WHATEVER!!!!
Aug 22, 2015 3:41 PM
May 2015
KingAce261 said:
Isterio said:

I agree. This is like all the shit I read on DB super comments. People mad about the first episodes being a recap of movies but it would make no sense if they skipped them and not everyone in jap has paid money to see the movies but the show airs for free on TV and also people later watching will be lost since they would have to outsource to know what's going on.

Oh yeah also crescent for your posts earlier I'd put a spoiler warning thing since it technically is a spoiler

Thanks Ace! I spoiled the spoilers. You were talking about the 449, right?

@ Ace and Isterio
When I was looking for the spoilers this morning I saw the complaints and it really annoyed me that the fandom was throwing a temper tantrum when Hiro is perfectly right to set up this Mavis story with stuff we already know. I mean I understand where they are coming from but everyone needs to be caught up to speed on the origins. Only sad thing for me is that this may mean that FT0 may not get adapted as filler into the anime.
Aug 23, 2015 12:21 AM

Dec 2009
If the spoilers for 449 are true i think the anime will adapt Zero story when it will get to that point as a flashback also giving manga time to get ahead of the anime.
Aug 23, 2015 4:32 AM
Oct 2013
NovaSky said:
If the spoilers for 449 are true i think the anime will adapt Zero story when it will get to that point as a flashback also giving manga time to get ahead of the anime.

There is no guarantee for this, actually it would be smart to just include every special that Hiro writes since it´s easy to achieve and often decent writen for a comedy short.Call it special filler arc and make 5 episodes out of it the end. no need to horribly write fillers that lead nowhere.

Bu studios don´t tend to be smart in that regard
Aug 23, 2015 8:30 AM

May 2015
Crescentgenisi said:
KingAce261 said:

@ Ace and Isterio
When I was looking for the spoilers this morning I saw the complaints and it really annoyed me that the fandom was throwing a temper tantrum when Hiro is perfectly right to set up this Mavis story with stuff we already know. I mean I understand where they are coming from but everyone needs to be caught up to speed on the origins. Only sad thing for me is that this may mean that FT0 may not get adapted as filler into the anime.

Yeah and I know how you feel. These selfish jerks need to realize that not everyone may have read FT0 plus this is made in Japan where it costs money so people could have skipped 0 to save. Also this is target toward everyone not the few that read 0 so they gotta stop getting pissed. It's the same about DB super and how it included a better adaption of DBZ BOG
Aug 23, 2015 11:42 AM
May 2015
KingAce261 said:
Crescentgenisi said:

@ Ace and Isterio

Yeah and I know how you feel. These selfish jerks need to realize that not everyone may have read FT0 plus this is made in Japan where it costs money so people could have skipped 0 to save. Also this is target toward everyone not the few that read 0 so they gotta stop getting pissed. It's the same about DB super and how it included a better adaption of DBZ BOG

Yea I get that. My friend likes DB stuff and I hear him talk about the fandom every now and again.

As for fairy tail, Mavis and Zeref are two of Hiro's chosen ones so I feel like Hiro will do them right so I am hyped for this story. I also like the character of Mavis. She's an interesting dark horse in the series, flying under the radar until tenrou and now most people would put her on god tier, but we still don't know that much about her powers besides her misusing law and her creating the 4 fairy spells. I hope LH is used this arc (the war arc) because it has too much of a potential to be a hax spell for future stories unless Hiro was going to end the story this arc.

Plus I want to know how much Mavis knows about the events 400 years ago.

CrescentgenisiAug 23, 2015 11:58 AM
Aug 25, 2015 12:35 AM

Mar 2014
KingAce261 said:

LOLWUT? The re-adaption of BoG in DBS is not better than the original movie, the only thing good about the new adaption are the extra scenes they've added, barring that DBS is <<<< compared to BoG.
Aug 26, 2015 1:24 AM

May 2015
ziggy_Z said:
KingAce261 said:

LOLWUT? The re-adaption of BoG in DBS is not better than the original movie, the only thing good about the new adaption are the extra scenes they've added, barring that DBS is <<<< compared to BoG.

Imo it is. The scenes are more detailed cuz this isn't a movie with time limited to an hour and 30 minuetes. Like goku vs beerus (non god) it just skipped to him ssj3 and getting his ass whooped on that note can't wait to see vegeta vs beerus. It was an amazing rage boost but only like 5 mins long.
Aug 26, 2015 2:20 AM

Mar 2014
KingAce261 said:
ziggy_Z said:

Imo it is. The scenes are more detailed cuz this isn't a movie with time limited to an hour and 30 minuetes. Like goku vs beerus (non god) it just skipped to him ssj3 and getting his ass whooped on that note can't wait to see vegeta vs beerus. It was an amazing rage boost but only like 5 mins long.
How are the scenes more detailed? The lining is thicker that's why it stands out -- which means that's poor art.

So what if the Goku vs. Beerus pt. 1 was shorter, at least it was animated with respect and looked beautiful; unlike the DBS fight which looks as if it was animated via the pre-school version of Adobe Flash.

Lastly, Vegeta's rage was indeed epic but given the context, it doesn't compare to his BoG rage which was as perfect as any producer can make it.
Aug 26, 2015 4:44 AM
May 2015
To be honest, I find them both equally as satisfying as the other. Now, can we please stop talking about DBS and BoG in the Fairy Tail section in a way that doesn't relate at all to the FT0 flashback? xD
Oct 18, 2015 12:12 AM

Jul 2013
Neat, seeing FT again. Some things change... but others don't.
Seeing them together, its just puts a smile in my face.
Sep 24, 2016 4:28 PM

Jan 2016
Everyone is back, and geting the build up for War,Natsu war speech!
Mira....did training...oh dear mother of zeref T.T
Mavis..is back? but ehm.. okey, now this is something i been waiting for the background with Mavis and Zeref!
cause MAL is doing there job for once.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 275 Discussion ( 1 2 )

DuroDeMatar - Mar 16, 2012

52 by aod-kun »»
Yesterday, 6:06 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 268 Discussion ( 1 2 )

BackLashWave - Jan 27, 2012

52 by aod-kun »»
Apr 23, 6:16 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 46 Discussion

Cali4nian - Oct 12, 2009

10 by MAYANK22 »»
Apr 21, 11:30 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 418 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Darklight0303 - Feb 2, 2015

185 by shinytrains »»
Apr 13, 1:00 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 251 Discussion ( 1 2 )

kevin_video - Sep 17, 2011

81 by aod-kun »»
Apr 6, 5:15 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.