High School DxD (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Feb 6, 2016 3:24 PM
Jul 2018
Newtoanime01 said:
Ophis said:

Dragons are the only species that do not die of old age, even Gods do. Devils basically hit their prime, which is in their 20's~ and stay around there for thousands of years. They can change their appearance whenever though.

Ah, ok. Thank you for your reply. I'm new to ALL anime, LN and manga so sorry if I sound and look well, "noobish". Hopefully the new Season is out relatively soon, hopefully April-Oct. but I'm more into the dubbed version, do you know when the dubbed would be estimated to come out if say, it came out April? Thank you

Do you mean via streaming or to buy it on Blu Ray? Funimation simulcasts the dub for DxD about two or three weeks after the episode comes out subbed. And the very earliest we would get a fourth season is October, but it's more likely for next year sometime.
Feb 6, 2016 3:55 PM
Feb 2016
Ophis said:
Newtoanime01 said:

Ah, ok, That is kinda annoying i guess. Seems too far TBH. And thank you, It is just an amazing anime compared to most others i have watched.. Thank you for everything :)

Ah, ok. Thank you for your reply. I'm new to ALL anime, LN and manga so sorry if I sound and look well, "noobish". Hopefully the new Season is out relatively soon, hopefully April-Oct. but I'm more into the dubbed version, do you know when the dubbed would be estimated to come out if say, it came out April? Thank you

Do you mean via streaming or to buy it on Blu Ray? Funimation simulcasts the dub for DxD about two or three weeks after the episode comes out subbed. And the very earliest we would get a fourth season is October, but it's more likely for next year sometime.

Ah, ok, That is kinda annoying i guess. Seems too far TBH. And thank you, It is just an amazing anime compared to most others i have watched.. Thank you for everything :)
Who need a life when you have anime?
Feb 7, 2016 3:06 AM
Feb 2016
So I just finished watching BorN for the Second time and, did that thing who tried to be issei take her virginity. I was thinking about it when I was looking through these messages on this "forum" we're in and one of them were talking about who issei lost it too and about Rias and that. Also, do Issei and Rias get married? I heard that Issei goes throw multiple stages to see if he is worthy. Would this all be in Season 4? Ty :) <3
Feb 7, 2016 3:13 AM

Apr 2008
Newtoanime01 said:
So I just finished watching BorN for the Second time and, did that thing who tried to be issei take her virginity. I was thinking about it when I was looking through these messages on this "forum" we're in and one of them were talking about who issei lost it too and about Rias and that. Also, do Issei and Rias get married? I heard that Issei goes throw multiple stages to see if he is worthy. Would this all be in Season 4? Ty :) <3

Why would you ask for spoilers =_=
Feb 7, 2016 3:29 AM

Jan 2016
Woah... this is exciting.... I need to get to reading the light novels then...
Feb 7, 2016 3:56 AM
Jan 2013
Ophis said:
Edit said:
So are we expecting DxD to have a fourth season? or no.

Expecting? Yes. In March the new volume of the LN comes out and we may get an announcement. But there is no official word right now.

I really hope they make a fourth season.
I honestly don't see why they wouldn't. It's a very popular anime.
Feb 7, 2016 9:59 AM
Feb 2016
Edit said:
Ophis said:

Expecting? Yes. In March the new volume of the LN comes out and we may get an announcement. But there is no official word right now.

I really hope they make a fourth season.
I honestly don't see why they wouldn't. It's a very popular anime.

They should do, Its highest rated Anime on many Website :P
Feb 7, 2016 2:58 PM
Feb 2016
Darklight0303 said:
Newtoanime01 said:

Why would you ask for spoilers =_=

No, not really. I just want to me as updated as everyone else is.
Feb 7, 2016 10:42 PM
Dec 2015
They have materials enough for atleast 90 episodes with all the side stories and LN. I think they should make them in batches of 20-24 episodes inteadt of 13. And make those ex story into a movies as a sequel to Born and they should also add the Slashdog as movie for the prequel for the whole series. This the one if the story I am hooked to very deep and have read every info available on this. And I do believe this is one of the most wanted thing of all the anime loving people, season 4 for DxD.

And on side note if anyone of you have translated versionof Ex canyou please link me to it. I would appreciate it.
Feb 7, 2016 11:58 PM

Mar 2012
The anime original content in BorN was so awful it made the rest of the series look good. Which isn't easy given how atrociously written the whole thing is.

I somehow got the feeling that it was going to be retconned.
Feb 8, 2016 12:54 PM
Feb 2016
I'm guessing by the looks of things, the next season will be containing the stages of engagement between
TyrelFeb 8, 2016 1:51 PM
Feb 8, 2016 2:39 PM
Jul 2018
Newtoanime01 said:
I'm guessing by the looks of things, the next season will be containing the stages of engagement between

It will only be 12 episodes. TNK is a small studio and can't afford to do more than 1 cour. It will cover
Feb 11, 2016 9:37 AM
Feb 2016
Ophis said:
Newtoanime01 said:

It will only be 12 episodes. TNK is a small studio and can't afford to do more than 1 cour. It will cover

My Memory is rusty, is this the Engagement or nah? Also, I am guessing it also covers his death? or perhaps not. Sorry, my memory is not that great, i only finished them like 5days ago lmao. Ty <3
Feb 11, 2016 10:23 PM

Nov 2015
Newtoanime01 said:
Ophis said:

My Memory is rusty, is this the Engagement or nah? Also, I am guessing it also covers his death? or perhaps not. Sorry, my memory is not that great, i only finished them like 5days ago lmao. Ty <3

Feb 16, 2016 12:20 AM
Jan 2013
Any word on the fourth season or no?
Feb 16, 2016 9:57 PM

Nov 2015
No there isn't. Come back in a month or so when the next light novel is released as we might get an announcement around that time.
Feb 17, 2016 4:47 AM
Feb 2016
I am hoping that there is an announcement about it all. ATM i feel like the DxD Anime Series is doing extremely well and even #1 on many anime websites. Especially the english dubbed versions :)

Can't wait for the Lightnovel release, want to see the new lore and adventures they go on. :P
Feb 18, 2016 3:32 AM
Feb 2016
Hey I'm fairly new to all of this and have only watched the anime so I have a few questions and it would help a lot of if someone answered them. Are the OVA's relevant to the anime plot? ? Will the 4th season act as if the 3rd season didn't happen? Also, according to most of you when do you expect to see the 4th season released?
highschooldxd123Feb 18, 2016 5:54 AM
Feb 18, 2016 9:51 AM
Feb 2016
highschooldxd123 said:
Hey I'm fairly new to all of this and have only watched the anime so I have a few questions and it would help a lot of if someone answered them. Are the OVA's relevant to the anime plot? ? Will the 4th season act as if the 3rd season didn't happen? Also, according to most of you when do you expect to see the 4th season released?

I have been told (via ophis on this forum) that it should be released around october-2017. I can help answer them, although i am also extremely new to all of this. and the OVAs are relevant to some extent, pieces of infomation missed in the main series.
Feb 18, 2016 9:53 AM
Feb 2016
Does anyone know what Issei says whilst on the beach w/ Rias after their fight? In BorN it doesn't make any type of noise while he is speaking so.. That part :P

Ty x
TehKittyKatFeb 18, 2016 9:59 AM
Feb 18, 2016 8:06 PM

Nov 2015
Newtoanime01 said:
Does anyone know what Issei says whilst on the beach w/ Rias after their fight? In BorN it doesn't make any type of noise while he is speaking so.. That part :P

Ty x

He calls her Rias. The dub version he probably says I love you or words to that effect as they trashed the whole Rias/Buchou storyline.
Feb 21, 2016 4:30 PM
Jul 2018
Esawo said:
highschooldxd123 said:

The 4th season will simply follow the whole story and act if the season 3 hadn't been fucked up really bad.
I think there is going to be some update so people will understand, though I would love if they make the whole season 3 correctly, animate everything that happen in Highschool DxD EX (wich retcon the shitty season 3 to LN timeline) and then work on the season 4. I'm totally dreaming btw. They probably can't afford such a thing. Oh and btw does anyone has a fully translated LN Volume 20? I see you guys are already waiting for the 21 for infos in Ishibumi's afterword but I don't think the volume 20's afterword is already translated, is it?

EDIT ->
@highschooldxd123 If you want to fully understand what we're talking about, reading the light novels would help a lot.
You can read them here : https://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index.php?title=High_School_DxD

Vol 20 just got finished on zx's blog today. Should be on bakatsuki in a few days after editing.
Feb 22, 2016 2:55 AM
Dec 2015
Hey ophis do you have link to EX volume too? I heard zx say someone was translating it. So if you have could tell us?
Feb 22, 2016 5:39 AM

Nov 2015
Aijaz_md said:
Hey ophis do you have link to EX volume too? I heard zx say someone was translating it. So if you have could tell us?

Translation started here https://jerutz.wordpress.com/

Summaries here http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost.php?p=5644850&postcount=11 Chapter 6 summary is further in the thread.
Feb 23, 2016 2:51 AM
Dec 2015
Meatfeast said:
Aijaz_md said:

Translation started here https://jerutz.wordpress.com/

Summaries here http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost.php?p=5644850&postcount=11 Chapter 6 summary is further in the thread.

Thanks for the info. I gotthe link from triple zx but still thanks. And there is still work left so it's long before we can read al the chapters as of now.
Feb 25, 2016 12:37 AM

Jan 2015
Ophis said:

how in the actual fuck...
Feb 25, 2016 7:54 AM
Jul 2018
IceTaKu said:
Ophis said:

how in the actual fuck...

It was hinted a year ago when she appeared in a short story and dropped the tsun and went all dere. It shocked me too.
Feb 26, 2016 6:16 AM
Feb 2016
In what light novel does Issei Die? (The death when he dies although his spirit is still alive - the girls get depressed etc) and how does he die?

Also, i know that his next body is created from Big Reds Flesh, Does he still look the same afterwards? (I was wondering because if they do bring out a new season, and then another after that i would know what to expect to see)

Ty x
Feb 26, 2016 8:35 AM
Dec 2015
Newtoanime01 said:
In what light novel does Issei Die? (The death when he dies although his spirit is still alive - the girls get depressed etc) and how does he die?

Also, i know that his next body is created from Big Reds Flesh, Does he still look the same afterwards? (I was wondering because if they do bring out a new season, and then another after that i would know what to expect to see)

Ty x

I believe it is in vol 12 due to shalba and samaels curse. And he looks like his previous self.
Feb 26, 2016 9:24 AM
Feb 2016
Aijaz_md said:
Newtoanime01 said:

Ty x

I believe it is in vol 12 due to shalba and samaels curse. And he looks like his previous self.

Ah ok, Ty! Good because idk if i could handle a mutant Issei
Mar 4, 2016 1:08 PM

Nov 2013
So he gets to continue the DxD series and make a spinoff series of it?
Smart man.
Mar 7, 2016 10:45 PM
Mar 11, 2016 4:03 AM
Mar 2016
Hey Folks

I know, what I am going to ask you will probably annoy you...so I read the whole 4 pages...and I checked out all links (for LN and EX/Wiki).

But I am so fresh into all this, that's why I still have to ask this question, since I am not able to ask somebody in person...and live in small Switzerland, which is hard to get any LN or Infos...around Animes and aspecially HDXD...

I wasn't thinking alot about HDXD...just thought it's a very cool ANime I alove to watch it!

But since i came here, it seems, that this Story is going miles depper!!
Which is confusing for a Noob like me...but mostly exciting!!!!

So i want to the the whole Story from scratch. i want to unerstand it, as a few of you pro's here...

what do i have to do??? Start with the LN? then Manga? back to Anime?!
Honestly, I really don't get the structure how J-Story (Animes) are built up with LN, Manga and Anime....

I would highly appreciate some help...and thank you very much for the Support!
This here is really a great way/page to learn more about this!

arigatō
Mar 11, 2016 4:05 AM

Apr 2008
shiva88 said:
Hey Folks

I know, what I am going to ask you will probably annoy you...so I read the whole 4 pages...and I checked out all links (for LN and EX/Wiki).

But I am so fresh into all this, that's why I still have to ask this question, since I am not able to ask somebody in person...and live in small Switzerland, which is hard to get any LN or Infos...around Animes and aspecially HDXD...

I wasn't thinking alot about HDXD...just thought it's a very cool ANime I alove to watch it!

But since i came here, it seems, that this Story is going miles depper!!
Which is confusing for a Noob like me...but mostly exciting!!!!

So i want to the the whole Story from scratch. i want to unerstand it, as a few of you pro's here...

what do i have to do??? Start with the LN? then Manga? back to Anime?!
Honestly, I really don't get the structure how J-Story (Animes) are built up with LN, Manga and Anime....

I would highly appreciate some help...and thank you very much for the Support!
This here is really a great way/page to learn more about this!

arigatō

Don't bother with the manga. It's even more behind than the anime is. Just go straight for the Lightnovel translations
Mar 11, 2016 4:15 AM
Mar 2016
thanx for the quick replay!

So should I just read all LN ranslations that are out now, or should I stopp at e specific LN and swith to the Anime, so i don't get to confused?
Mar 11, 2016 4:18 AM
Mar 2016
I think that was the correct Link, right?
http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index.php?title=High_School_DxD.

Since I have never read LN, I suppose it's pretty normal, that there aren't that much of îllustrations, other known like Mangas, correct?
Mar 11, 2016 4:23 AM

Dec 2013
Can anyone explain it to me, what is this 'canon' that ur talking about? ?? :3
i'am newbie, so i still don't understand about it. ^^ Please explain it to me. Thank you ^^

~ Can't wait for Issei to use Illegal Move Triaina ^^
Mizuhashi07Mar 11, 2016 7:29 PM
Mar 11, 2016 5:07 AM

Apr 2008
shiva88 said:
I think that was the correct Link, right?
http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index.php?title=High_School_DxD.

Since I have never read LN, I suppose it's pretty normal, that there aren't that much of îllustrations, other known like Mangas, correct?

Yeah that's the spot

Basically you can stop reading after you finish the volume where Issei goes Juggernaut drive and gets snapped out of it. Though by that point I bet you won't be too willing to stop reading.
Mar 11, 2016 6:47 AM
Jul 2018
Darklight0303 said:
Don't bother with the manga. It's even more behind than the anime is. Just go straight for the Lightnovel translations

The manga is actually gonna follow the LN so it's probably worth reading once it makes its way online
Mar 11, 2016 6:58 AM

Apr 2008
Lolimancer said:
Darklight0303 said:

The manga is actually gonna follow the LN so it's probably worth reading once it makes its way online

That's not likely to happen given the manga is BEHIND season 2 even
Mar 11, 2016 7:08 AM
Jul 2018
Darklight0303 said:
Lolimancer said:

They're at the start of volume 5 now. The releases online are over a year behind most likely due to Yen Press licensing it.
Mar 11, 2016 7:26 AM

Apr 2008
Lolimancer said:
Darklight0303 said:

They're at the start of volume 5 now. The releases online are over a year behind most likely due to Yen Press licensing it.

You really think he should wait for that? Really? When the novel is distinctly superior?
Mar 11, 2016 7:28 AM
Jul 2018
Darklight0303 said:
Lolimancer said:

You really think he should wait for that? Really? When the novel is distinctly superior?

I'm not telling him to do JUST that, but at this point the manga may as well be superior to the anime. Most people want to do more than just read the novel.
Mar 11, 2016 7:33 AM

Apr 2008
Lolimancer said:
Darklight0303 said:

I'm not telling him to do JUST that, but at this point the manga may as well be superior to the anime. Most people want to do more than just read the novel.

Honestly the art of the manga isn't all that great to begin with so meh
Mar 11, 2016 7:37 AM
Jul 2018
Darklight0303 said:
Lolimancer said:

Honestly the art of the manga isn't all that great to begin with so meh

Indeed it is not but I'll be more than happy to see volume 5 and 7 get their justice.
Mar 11, 2016 11:08 AM

Nov 2015
Light Novel > Anime > Manga.

Read the light novels from scratch and there's no need to stop after volume 7 (which is where the anime stops) as we have no idea when season 4 will come out, if it ever will. Were all waiting and hopeful though and most of us are hoping some news will pop up next week when volume 21 gets released, though it is doubtful.
Mar 11, 2016 12:24 PM
Mar 2016
thanx guys for the help 0.0 !
I appreciad it! ;)
Mar 14, 2016 10:26 AM
Feb 2016
When does the new LN come out, and also will anyone update this forum on new information when it is out?
Mar 14, 2016 3:03 PM

Nov 2015
This Saturday - March 19th.
Mar 17, 2016 9:37 AM
Feb 2016
Ok, Thanks. Will anyone give an update on this page?
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » High School DxD BorN Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 16, 2015

144 by FedeMetal »»
Apr 10, 11:00 AM

Poll: » High School DxD BorN Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 9, 2015

135 by FedeMetal »»
Apr 10, 9:51 AM

» The last three episodes are filler

5hyguy - Feb 24

16 by adityakush_477 »»
Mar 28, 12:10 AM

Poll: » High School DxD BorN Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 20, 2015

341 by The_proxD138 »»
Jan 1, 3:54 PM

Poll: » High School DxD BorN Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 23, 2015

175 by DoryWinter »»
Nov 22, 2023 2:19 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.