Forum Settings
Forums
Black Butler
Available on Manga Store
New
Jul 8, 2015 9:44 PM

Jun 2013
I really love the manga and the characters, and the arcs were interesting, but at 20 volumes it's starting to bug me. So far the reason why Ciel got the demon is to get his revenge on those who humiliated him, and yet so far there has been no advancement whatsoever about that. There are also no indication that any investigation is being done about that. In fact, it has not been mentioned in any form. The only moment it's mentioned it's during the Germany arc when Ciel loses his sanity and Sebastian turns into his devil self and threaten Ciel he will kill him and eat his soul if Ciel does not go through with his vengeance agenda.

So I wonder if I'm the only one who is bothered that the main story has yet to happen after 20 volumes.
Nothingness39Jan 23, 2016 9:23 PM
Jul 13, 2015 4:44 PM

Dec 2008
Well, I also read Conan, what can I say?

(Basically: it could be worse and even though the process seems to be slow, there are certainly more and more things revealed about Ciel, his family, etc. I wouldn't care for it if they would just find that cult, kill them and Ciel losing his soul without any of the mysteries behind his family, their connection to the shiniganis/the undertaker or his 'sprecial' soul being revealed, things are happening, it's just very subtle.
Jan 10, 2016 2:24 PM

Dec 2015
When the manga reaches its final arc, maybe it will happen.
Jan 23, 2016 6:57 AM

Aug 2010
I could not agree more. Sometimes I feel like I am watching Pokemon, 20 episodes of main characters going to random places, and 2 epiosodes of fighting for badges. I wanted to drop this manga during zombie-Titanic arc xd Probably I will after the end of current arc if it does not show any significant progress of main plot xd
Jan 23, 2016 7:43 AM

Sep 2013
That's what you get with monthly's :)
Even fma took 9 years or so to finish, so kuroshitsuji will still go on for a decade or so.
Feb 11, 2016 1:20 PM

Aug 2007
ichii_1 said:
Even fma took 9 years or so to finish, so kuroshitsuji will still go on for a decade or so.

FMA always kept on track and never had any filler chapters or chapters that didn't have something to do with the main plot. Everything was very focused. Can't say the same about Kuroshitsuji. Feels like fantasy monster of the month.
Feb 11, 2016 4:18 PM
Jul 2015
Ciel wants to revenge the death of his twin and took his name, but the twin's body is with Undertaker who is desperately looking for a way to resurrect people to do the same with the real Ciel.

I think the main plot is going to revolve around that.
Apr 8, 2016 9:32 PM

Jan 2015
cliothekira said:
ichii_1 said:

FMA always kept on track and never had any filler chapters or chapters that didn't have something to do with the main plot. Everything was very focused. Can't say the same about Kuroshitsuji. Feels like fantasy monster of the month.

Agreed, you can have a monthly and still have a purpose and story to tell, coherently at that! Kuroshitsuji is dragging it's heels at this point, and I am also one of the people on the seemingly growing list that's getting really close to dropping it. I kind of really hope that in the end all of the random adventures will tie together... maybe she's taking her sweet time introducing all of the characters integral to the plot? I have no idea to be honest... I kind of have it in my head that it might be the publishers putting pressure on her to draw the series out longer because it's doing so well. I've read cases regarding other manga-ka where they've had to make changes to their original story line because the publisher wanted to change things up, she might have that same problem? It is getting ridiculously tedious though :/
May 11, 2016 7:32 PM

Dec 2015
SolitaryDarkness said:
Well, I also read Conan, what can I say?

(Basically: it could be worse and even though the process seems to be slow, there are certainly more and more things revealed about Ciel, his family, etc. I wouldn't care for it if they would just find that cult, kill them and Ciel losing his soul without any of the mysteries behind his family, their connection to the shiniganis/the undertaker or his 'sprecial' soul being revealed, things are happening, it's just very subtle.

I don't think it was a cult that killed Ciel's family.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kuroshitsuji Chapter 107 & 107.5 Discussion

lovelyphantom - Jul 21, 2015

16 by naommieeeyzz »»
May 7, 8:07 AM

Poll: » Kuroshitsuji Chapter 211 Discussion

TheMangaManiac - Apr 18

3 by SteelLucy »»
Apr 28, 1:01 PM

Poll: » Kuro Shitsuji Chapter 5 Discussion

zq - Jul 7, 2008

23 by Emmuhzx »»
Apr 23, 1:36 PM

» a small disscussion on how you feel about black buttler?

Hydroalbidius - Mar 17

3 by Hydroalbidius »»
Apr 17, 5:28 AM

Poll: » Kuroshitsuji Chapter 36 Discussion

Jellyfish13 - Aug 20, 2009

29 by Embient »»
Apr 13, 4:25 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.