Forum Settings
Forums

How do you feel about all the different art styles?

New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jun 27, 2015 2:20 PM

Nov 2014
TheBrainintheJar said:
Mkim said:
Gimme good cake, decorate as you want. Decorate so it looks like the best cake ever, decorate so it looks like shit, decorate so it doesn't even look like cake.

Son, if the cake tastes good, it doesnt matter how it looks like.

This is a visual medium.

How could the visuals not matter?

Some wierdos watch anime for the story (i know, sounds stupid amirite?).
Jun 27, 2015 2:31 PM

May 2015
Hulohot said:
TheBrainintheJar said:

This is a visual medium.

How could the visuals not matter?

Some wierdos watch anime for the story (i know, sounds stupid amirite?).

Some people read books because they think letters look cool.

The world is weird.
WEAPONS - My blog, for reviews of music, anime, books, and other things
Jul 3, 2015 4:57 AM

Jul 2013
When I was younger, I didn't really pay much attention to the way an anime was animted, the graphics and so on, but as anime has developed for so many years, I find myself disliking animes that use a less colorful-flashy style. Like, no matter how well the plot is, I feel like a part of my interest lies in the animation itself. I've become shallow DAM DAM DAM DA
Jul 3, 2015 9:48 AM

Jan 2014
I totally dislike nowadays style. Art now looks like it's taken from a cheap eroge, looks like things are drawn using MS Paint or something, all look the same (templates?), ugly thin lines, flashy colors and glowing eyes, way too digital, simply horrible.

Back in the day, each anime had a somewhat original feel, with slightly different styles. Now... most of them all look the same.

Shows from 15 years ago, like Card Captor Sakura (1998) or NieA Under 7 (2000), were way prettier than current style. Just my opinion though, and of course there are exceptions.
The writer who penned Clashing Feelings. You can buy the light novel on Amazon.
Jul 3, 2015 12:08 PM

Feb 2014
I like pretty much every type of art styles
Jul 3, 2015 12:12 PM

Apr 2014
I like a lot of artstyles, but some are just really ugly to me, like code geass' art and kill la kill's art.
Jul 3, 2015 12:17 PM

Jul 2015
i like different art styles for different manga like bleach suites its art style and even One Piece suites its art style. As long as the art style makes the story look good i have no problem with different art styles
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 3, 2015 7:34 PM

Feb 2015
Its seems interesting for me :D
Unsigned signature-
Jul 3, 2015 8:09 PM

Dec 2014
SeibaaHomu said:

Oh yeah, and that fucking incest show with the monkey ears. I've never even seen the show but I can't help but wonder 'Does the author think this is cute?'

What was that one again? There's too many incest shows for me to remember.

Anyways, I like seeing art-styles that aren't the norm. It feels rather fresh to me. Though I usually never immediately judge a series based on how it looks. A show could look amazing but have shit writing and/or be boring as fuck. The opposite can also be true.
Jul 3, 2015 8:22 PM

Dec 2012
Nothing much unless they're really horrendous looking and distracting. Art-styles are very low on my list of stuff to care about in anime. The series can be ugly as hell, but I can ignore it because it still has a fantastic story. Case in point Kemonozume.
KruszerJul 3, 2015 8:26 PM
"Laws exist only for those who cannot live without clinging onto them."
-Souske Aizen "Bleach"

Jul 4, 2015 2:23 AM

May 2015
Milk_is_Special said:
I like a lot of artstyles, but some are just really ugly to me, like code geass' art and kill la kill's art.

What's wrong with Kill la Kill? I like what they did with the eyes there. They kept the main character's cuteness while looking different than standard moe.

Everyone in Geass is stick thin. That can be off-putting.
Jul 4, 2015 7:40 AM

Apr 2014
they make me feel that an arts come in different shapes. its fun.
Signature of three years-or-so was removed

here's my new one

Thank you and have a nice day, everyone.
Jul 4, 2015 7:44 AM
Feb 2014
I prefer art from the 0th century.
Jul 4, 2015 7:46 AM

Jun 2014
TheBasedNico said:

Anime production values have deteriorated since that golden age.
All credit goes to Sacred.
Jul 4, 2015 7:50 AM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
romagia said:
these are the cutest main cast ever; best art style ever, i am so hapy to be alive t o experience gochiusa art style, we live in the golden age of anime art style

+1000000
I thought I was the only one who think that

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Jul 4, 2015 7:52 AM
Feb 2014
FireEmblemIke24 said:
TheBasedNico said:

Which is that of the 19th century.
Jul 4, 2015 8:13 AM

Jan 2015
TheBasedNico said:
FireEmblemIke24 said:

Which is that of the 19th century.
and still ongoing up to the 20th century
how sad :(
Twitter and it's consequences had been a disaster for the human race
Jul 4, 2015 8:18 AM

Apr 2014
TheBrainintheJar said:
Milk_is_Special said:

What's wrong with Kill la Kill? I like what they did with the eyes there. They kept the main character's cuteness while looking different than standard moe.

I just didn't like the cartoonish style of KlK, I mean, or go full anime or go full cartoon, don't go inbetween. (It looked cartoony to me, don't judge)
Jul 4, 2015 9:21 AM

May 2015
FireEmblemIke24 said:
TheBasedNico said:

Stone age was the golden age.

Milk_is_Special said:
TheBrainintheJar said:

I just didn't like the cartoonish style of KlK, I mean, or go full anime or go full cartoon, don't go inbetween. (It looked cartoony to me, don't judge)

Actually, I understand. It does look more cartoonish and Western-influenced, like Panty 'n' Stocking but not all the way. Maybe I'll change my mind when I watch it but I understand where you're coming from.
Jul 4, 2015 10:33 AM

Sep 2014
How do I feel? It depends...

I find those art styles great...

...and those ones are REALLY not my tastes for example...

I don't like to act nostalgic, because It's a bad adviser, but honestly I miss some old animes where young characters looked "adult" and "manly", even in a exagerated way (Saint-Seiya, Jojo,ect..) than this period where most of characters look like they're again in highschool (without count fanservice, silly cosplayed clothes and co.)
Jul 5, 2015 12:03 AM

Oct 2013
Balong said:
How do I feel? It depends...

I find those art styles great...

...and those ones are REALLY not my tastes for example...

I don't like to act nostalgic, because It's a bad adviser, but honestly I miss some old animes where young characters looked "adult" and "manly", even in a exagerated way (Saint-Seiya, Jojo,ect..) than this period where most of characters look like they're again in highschool (without count fanservice, silly cosplayed clothes and co.)

Yeah... but a lot of anime these days are set in highschool, or with teenagers, lol. It would be a bit weird to have 15-18 year olds looking like they're 35-38.
"There's no shame in falling down... true shame is to not stand up again!"

"Aah? Of course I won't miss!"

"My blood tastes like Iron."

"Run through the tape in life! Never give up! Run through the tape!"
Jul 5, 2015 8:01 AM

Jun 2015
silverwalls said:
different art styles are cool, variety is always great~

I don't think that now we have less art variety than earlier, just often a genre demands a special style: comedy - nya style, horror - nya style?, fightings - nya style... Well, yes, there is a problem, but we still have shows having their own style.
And it's not that important what style we have, it's important how designers succeed in it (I mean: emotions, movements, this stuff).
IRL we have only one style btw ^_^
Jul 5, 2015 8:22 AM

Jun 2013
It's a good thing because it actually pleases wide range of people's taste.

For example some people will find SAO art style too much of a moe blob meanwhile some will find it attractive.

The use of CGI has been pretty cool too (Knights of Sidonia).

Only recent anime that I truly hated for its art style was Flowers of Evil. I had to bleach my eyes little bit after watching even only part of it.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Underrated character designs/outfits you think are appealing / sexy

IpreferEcchi - 49 minutes ago

2 by Zarutaku »»
2 seconds ago

» Which, out of all your favorites, would you be least inclined to recommend to others?

WatchTillTandava - 2 hours ago

16 by Lucifrost »»
2 minutes ago

Poll: » can anime influence your dark side?

deg - 5 hours ago

14 by Lucifrost »»
8 minutes ago

Poll: » Which is your favourite Anime in this list?

PushedCaraway - Yesterday

42 by Doutei-kun »»
9 minutes ago

» Anime adaptation wish list

kuroneko99 - Apr 5

30 by 707supremacist »»
10 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.