Forum Settings
Forums

Nico's Classification of Anime Haters and a Question: Why are anime haters on MAL so hostile?

New
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jun 20, 2015 6:31 AM

Jan 2011
Is it always hate though? Although not common, maybe it's just fair criticism towards overrated anime.
Jun 20, 2015 6:33 AM

Nov 2012
Anti-Illuminatus said:
Miraclezify said:
Except it is. Think about what you said again.
Well now I'm just puzzled.

Japanese people can't be otakus or elitists?

Imaishi said:

I honestly doubt anyone considers monogatari deep, let alone an elitist anime, you're coming out of nowhere.

That's got to be the most bullshit statement about what Monogatari fans really think about the show I've ever seen. How many Monogatari fans admit they like the show because of the fanservice? Pretty much none. How many say they like it because of the cinematography, witty dialogue and strong character writing? Pretty much everyone who likes the show.
Jun 20, 2015 6:36 AM

Sep 2014
Miraclezify said:

That's got to be the most bullshit statement about what Monogatari fans really think about the show I've ever seen. How many Monogatari fans admit they like the show because of the fanservice? Pretty much none. How many say they like it because of the cinematography, witty dialogue and strong character writing? Pretty much everyone who likes the show.

The nice cinematography, great dialogues and good character writing (which indeed are the things most people, me included) don't really make it deep or intellectual.
Jun 20, 2015 6:51 AM

Mar 2015
ShiroiMuffler said:
Is it always hate though? Although not common, maybe it's just fair criticism towards overrated anime.
you can't say fair critism with overrated together.
Imaishi said:
The nice cinematography, great dialogues and good character writing (which indeed are the things most people, me included) don't really make it deep or intellectual.
the only character that have well character development are hanekawa and kaiki, rest of them are meaningless.
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Jun 20, 2015 7:04 AM

Jan 2011
Unyilkdr said:
ShiroiMuffler said:

Why not? The idea of an anime being overrated is real, it's not just an opinion. But our capacity to tell whether an anime is overrated is low, because nobody is a perfect critic who can gauge the objective value of anime, some are close though.

This is precisely why a lot of the hate or criticism on anime is meaningless because they are subconsciously based on different tastes. I don't support that, what I do support is that we are aware of the fact that ideally, it is possible to compare animes or anything really.
Jun 20, 2015 7:33 PM

Mar 2015
ShiroiMuffler said:
Unyilkdr said:

Why not? The idea of an anime being overrated is real, it's not just an opinion. But our capacity to tell whether an anime is overrated is low, because nobody is a perfect critic who can gauge the objective value of anime, some are close though.

This is precisely why a lot of the hate or criticism on anime is meaningless because they are subconsciously based on different tastes. I don't support that, what I do support is that we are aware of the fact that ideally, it is possible to compare animes or anything really.
majority taste are different with personal taste.
even someone don't like it, you can't said it overrated, because it liked by majority/certain people. taste are different, people need to learn that. there are none overrated anime if seeing by majority/certain view.
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Jul 25, 2016 3:30 PM

Nov 2012
Some people are too insecure in their lives to simply enjoy what they like despite what others may think and feel the need to create an illusory aura of social superiority to feel like they are better than others, anime is easier to target since it's already viewed negatively by a large group of people, so they make a distinction between themselves and the so-called "otakus and weaboos".
Jul 25, 2016 4:13 PM

Oct 2015
Because people always have to look down upon one another whenever there is some sort of group of people. There always has to be an "alpha male" of the "tribe" so to speak, and everyone thinks that they are fit to assume that position.
Jul 25, 2016 5:48 PM

May 2015
and a question - Why do people bump really old threads.

Hating people is never fun >:
ゴロゴロゴロ ゴロゴロゴロ ゴロゴロゴロ ゴロゴロゴロ ゴゴゴゴゴゴ ゴゴゴゴゴゴ ゴゴゴゴゴゴ
Jul 25, 2016 5:54 PM

Nov 2015
They probably need someone to talk to in real life. Someone they can call a friend..
Jul 25, 2016 7:31 PM

Mar 2012
Because they're Fedora manchildren who just porking their own dorritos and mountain dew.
Do you play Azure Lane?
Then please join my fanclub
https://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=74907
Jul 25, 2016 7:34 PM

Apr 2010
Anime haters are hostile? Go say something bad about Re:Zero in it's subforum and you'll see hostile.
Jul 25, 2016 7:35 PM

Jan 2008
antonn said:
Anime haters are hostile? Go say something bad about Re:Zero in it's subforum and you'll see hostile.

More hostile than Fate and/or Key fans?
Jul 25, 2016 7:45 PM

Apr 2010
Paul said:
antonn said:

Don't know about Fate, a lot of the hostility was turned against eachother during the great ufotable:UBW war.
Jul 25, 2016 7:47 PM

Jan 2008
antonn said:
Paul said:

Don't know about Fate, a lot of the hostility was turned against eachother during the great ufotable:UBW war.

So it's a war zone no matter what huh. Lol.
Jul 25, 2016 7:48 PM

Apr 2010
Paul said:
antonn said:

So it's a war zone no matter what huh. Lol.

That's a good way of putting it. 30characters
Jul 25, 2016 10:46 PM

Oct 2012
Certain phenomena within the anime culture is causing very real effects on the anime market. No hate involved. Just because you or someone is triggered when people discuss topics that might put something you like in negative like doesn't make them a hater.
My subjective reviews: katsureview.wordpress.com
THE CHAT CLUB.
Jul 25, 2016 10:56 PM

Jun 2008
I don't know....there really isn't any aspect of anime I really hate....

Hell, even the anime fans that annoy me, I still find amusing and I don't really hate them.

Now if we were talking about sports....that's a different story.
Jul 25, 2016 11:27 PM

May 2009
@JKayW, look a thread for you my son. Enjoy and have the thrill of your life.

ἡ φύσις οὐδὲν ποιεῖ ἅλματα.

συκεροκυ™

Jul 27, 2016 7:00 AM

Oct 2014
antonn said:
Paul said:

Well what was that war about? Zero vs UBW?

And I thought that the FT and Naruto fans were the most hostile
Jul 27, 2016 7:28 AM

Feb 2015
Bourmegar said:
antonn said:

Well what was that war about? Zero vs UBW?

And I thought that the FT and Naruto fans were the most hostile
I'm hella vicious, fear me! /fanboy-mode engaged.
Jul 27, 2016 7:49 AM

Sep 2015
The more hostile you are the more triggered fans you get quoting you. Therefore you appear more popular and feel better about yourself
Jul 27, 2016 9:07 AM

Mar 2015
Haters? Kids trying to be cool so they behave that way. Forgive them mate. They just kids.
This salad is salty favored
Jul 27, 2016 1:46 PM

Oct 2014
Honestly, haters in MAL are awesome. I can laugh about how some people hove nothing better to do in their miserable lives than hate on a fucking japanese cartoon.
why
Jul 27, 2016 2:05 PM

Aug 2015
Well that coulod be because of the fanboys of anime like myself who may or may not keep discussing anime till he goes to sleep. I am the reason my sister hates anime a LOT. Because, at times, I kept her forcing to watch anime.
Sorry for my bad English though...
Jul 28, 2016 4:27 AM

Jun 2015
Nico- said:
Grey-Zone said:
Type D "Haters": trolls, as well as "trolls".

I did not imply all haters had to be serious, because trolling has its consequences.
consequences
like the faggot mods banning you.

now those are real consequences ne?

also orcs and goblins.
Jul 28, 2016 9:54 AM
Jul 2016
Down with the drama and hate in MAL! Where is the peace?
Jul 28, 2016 10:01 AM

Jan 2015
I don't understand why people would even bother making an account on a web site of something they don't like just so they can bash it to hell and back. Are people seriously that bored in real life?
Jul 29, 2016 3:04 PM

Jul 2015
I don't know but there seems to be a lot of Class C haters around because every time I come to this site there is always some new "Why Does Anime Suck So Much" type of threads, those threads are a dime a dozen on MAL.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» What happened to magic genre ?

Yonahim_Zz - May 7

32 by alshu »»
2 seconds ago

» Best White Hair guy in anime?

RedTea33 - 9 hours ago

10 by Jozuwa-_- »»
9 minutes ago

» Do you think Berserk will ever get the adaptation it truly deserves?

Gashadokur0 - 10 minutes ago

0 by Gashadokur0 »»
10 minutes ago

» Does it bother you to think how much time we burn waiting for new anime?

Zimmu - Yesterday

31 by Ratris_Decision »»
13 minutes ago

Poll: » Do you have ridiculously long ptw list? ( 1 2 )

Cammell - Yesterday

53 by DesolatePsyche »»
13 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.