Pages (26) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Sep 7, 2015 10:40 AM

Nov 2009
Did anyone notice in the latest chapter, it showed Yuma

Sep 7, 2015 10:45 AM

Mar 2014
ShiroiKishi- said:
I don't think they ever mentioned it not being usable from the head.
Sep 7, 2015 11:03 AM

Nov 2009
Dues-aj said:
ShiroiKishi- said:
I don't think they ever mentioned it not being usable from the head.

I probably misread it then >.> either way I believe it's the first time someone using Scorpion from the head.

Sep 8, 2015 8:13 AM
Feb 2015
Early spoiler for ch 115. Take this with double the amount of salt than usual. Seems to be Ashihara-sensei's writing style though.

- Nino decides to attack the 2 attackers instead of Azuma.
- Kageura feels it. Yuuma gets warning from Shiori.
- Nino spams hound, Yuuma has problem defending against so many.
- Yuuma decides to snip out Nino, approaching him with double grasshopper. But that's just what Nino wants. Kako says that Nino uses hound when he wants his enemy to approach him.
- Nino hits Yuuma with asteroid.
- Despite his body cracking, Yuuma still tries to take out Nino using zigzagged scorpion (isn't this Kage's style extended scorpion?)
- Kage is surprised
- Yuuma's attack doesn't manage to reach Nino before Yuuma BO.
- Then Nino and Kageura simply wait for time out rather than risking getting out in the open and get sniped.
- Final score: Nino 3, Kageura 2, Azuma 2, Yuuma 1. Nino's victory
- T-2 drops to B-8, while B-1, B-2, and B-7 stay

Tamakoma HQ
- Jin happily asks Hyuse if he wants his trigger back
- Jin's lack of disappointment pisses off Hyuse

T-2 war room
- Yuuma apologizes for getting only 1 point and praises Chika for moving forward (by shooting). Doesn't seem to help Chika out of her depression.

Commentators
- Kazama says that aces all scored. The other members basically died in the order of rank, meaning from weakest to strongest (I'm not sure about this sentence)
- Ayatsuji asks if Osamu made a mistake by getting killed first
- Kazama says it doesn't matter. He praises Osamu's training and growth, BUT other people also train and grow. Merely working as hard as other people won't help getting ahead. FURTHERMORE, from the start, relying on uncertain things like "growth", means that as a captain he already fails (I think Kazama means that Osamu should have made a strategy that works even if he's weak, rather than relying on his growth).

Arashiyama war room
- Arashiyama says that Kazama is really harsh against Osamu
- Kitora says that that's because Kazama is fond of Osamu (just like how Tachikawa is really harsh against Murakami)

Tamakoma HQ
- T-2 returns to have Youtarou still crying. Yuuma cheers Youtarou (I guess the other 2 are not in the mood).
- Hyuse is eating taiyaki
- Osamu is gloomy

Comments:
- Those who wanted Yuuma to lose... well you get your wish, congrats! He doesn't even manage to get 2 points. Damn, my Azuma team bet is dashed with a time out, how depressingly realistic.
- The more Yuuma apologizes to the other 2, the more depressed they are. Yuuma should be selfish once in a while and get angry, really, it might actually help the 2 to be less depressed.
- Yep, Kazama is definitely disappointed that Osamu is relying on his "growth" rather than his smarts.
p-kunSep 8, 2015 8:17 AM
Sep 8, 2015 8:17 AM

Oct 2014
Nice! Thanks a lot for the early spoiler, p!!!
Sep 8, 2015 8:24 AM

Mar 2014
I had a feeling Ninomiya was going to take him down
Sep 8, 2015 8:57 AM
Sep 2015
They learned from the lost and getting stronger. That is victory to Jin. Good ending.
Sep 8, 2015 9:06 AM

Jul 2015
if this spoiler it's right... it'll be quite a disappointement... :(
Sep 8, 2015 10:49 AM
Aug 2015
I expect Osamu's squad to fall back at B-rank 7 but not to fall out of the top tier!
So i would be a bit disappointed with this outcome if this is confirmed!

Otherwise nothing much more to say, chapter 114 is really great in terms of battle so obviously it will cool down a bit in 115 but i still expected aces to get to it and not a stand still where they wait for the time out!
Sep 8, 2015 11:10 AM

Mar 2014
A Mexican standoff makes sense I suppose when you think about how strong each one of the remaining three are. Turning your back on one to focus on the other would probably end in your defeat.
Sep 8, 2015 12:07 PM

Jul 2015
This isn't the result that I wanted, but it's strangely satisfying.
Sep 8, 2015 12:11 PM

Jul 2015
One question... do the three teams that survived get any survival points? It might not be mentioned in the spoiler. I'm just curious since this is the first time the clock ran out, so different rules might apply.
Sep 8, 2015 12:14 PM

Mar 2014
SundanceAnn said:
One question... do the three teams that survived get any survival points? It might not be mentioned in the spoiler. I'm just curious since this is the first time the clock ran out, so different rules might apply.
Survival points are only awarded if only one team is remaining.
Sep 8, 2015 6:26 PM
Feb 2015
Ok the spoiler has been updated with one last addition: OSAMU ASKS JIN TO JOIN T-2. This last addition is HIGHLY SUSPECT of being FAKE though. Anyway, I'll reserve my long and harsh rant on Osamu's (Yuiga level of) shamelessness until this is confirmed. For the moment, ... BEGONE FAKE SPOILER, BEGONE!! <throws salt>

Anyway, Azuma was B-7 with presumably 17 points. T-2 was B-6 with 18.
After this match Azuma should be 17+2 = 19 points, T-2 should be 18+1 = 19 points. How come T-2 drops below Azuma? If the points tie, is it determined by the better performance in the last match?

Dues-aj said:
A Mexican standoff makes sense I suppose when you think about how strong each one of the remaining three are. Turning your back on one to focus on the other would probably end in your defeat.

Kage is strong against Azuma with his SE (he can locate and hunt Azuma with his SE, no?), but not against Nino, so he wants Azuma alive to back him against Nino.
Nino is strong against Kage, but not against Azuma, so he doesn't want to be out in the open getting tagged by Kage/Azuma.
Azuma is strong against the Nino as long as he has line of sight, which Nino is not giving out freely. Nino has good reflexes, so he needs Kage to distract Nino if he wants to snipe Nino.

So yeah, it's a logical conclusion. It still sucks though.
Sep 8, 2015 7:00 PM

Mar 2014
p-kun said:
Ok the spoiler has been updated with one last addition: OSAMU ASKS JIN TO JOIN T-2. This last addition is HIGHLY SUSPECT of being FAKE though. Anyway, I'll reserve my long and harsh rant on Osamu's (Yuiga level of) shamelessness until this is confirmed. For the moment, ... BEGONE FAKE SPOILER, BEGONE!! <throws salt>

I would be fine if that ends in Osamu getting punched and/or lectured on why that is a worthless decision.

p-kun said:

Kage is strong against Azuma with his SE (he can locate and hunt Azuma with his SE, no?), but not against Nino, so he wants Azuma alive to back him against Nino.
Nino is strong against Kage, but not against Azuma, so he doesn't want to be out in the open getting tagged by Kage/Azuma.
Azuma is strong against the Nino as long as he has line of sight, which Nino is not giving out freely. Nino has good reflexes, so he needs Kage to distract Nino if he wants to snipe Nino.

So yeah, it's a logical conclusion. It still sucks though.

It would have been pretty much 2 versus 1 on whoever made the reckless decision to attack first. I imagine they waited to see who would act first. It's kind of an ironic ending to such a chaotic battle.
Sep 8, 2015 7:09 PM
Feb 2015
Dues-aj said:
p-kun said:

I would be fine if that ends in Osamu getting punched and/or lectured on why that is a worthless decision.

Even if Osamu gets rejected, I would have lost all respect of Osamu for even shamelessly asking Jin to hand over A rank and expedition ticket on a silver platter. Yuiga is great as butt monkey in small dozes, but I don't want a Yuiga-wannabe as MC (especially since it'll be hypocritical considering Osamu looks down on Yuiga).

Best case scenario is that the spoiler is fake.
Sep 8, 2015 7:12 PM

Mar 2014
p-kun said:
Dues-aj said:

Even if Osamu gets rejected, I would have lost all respect of Osamu for even shamelessly asking Jin to hand over A rank and expedition ticket on a silver platter. Yuiga is great as butt monkey in small dozes, but I don't want a Yuiga-wannabe as MC (especially since it'll be hypocritical considering Osamu looks down on Yuiga).

Best case scenario is that the spoiler is fake.

I'm actually expecting for there to be some form of emotional whiplash from this defeat as both Osamu and Chika are pretty gloomy over their performance. So I wouldn't say this would be completely out of the question. Bargaining is a stage of grief after all.
Dues-ajSep 8, 2015 7:47 PM
Sep 8, 2015 7:53 PM

Jul 2015
Hopefully it's fake. The thing about Mikumo is that you can respect him even when he loses.... unless he does this. Ashihara has given the fans enough tough love lately without throwing us completely overboard with this.

I hope this failure will bring the team closer together.

Jin being added to the team just feels like cheating. Instead of getting better, they just (allegedly) recruit the no.1/no.2 attacker in border.

It's gotta be fake. Ashihara wouldn't have Jin join them. If Mikumo is so desperate to ask (which I highly doubt), Jin will say no.
Sep 8, 2015 8:01 PM

Mar 2014
If it happens Jin will more than likely say no. And it may lead to a really touching character moment. That's why I'm not going to say that I don't want this to happen. We could even see Jin talk Osamu through this and get a flashback from his past.
Sep 9, 2015 1:32 AM
Jul 2015
Very anti-climatic if true. I'll save my thoughts until we see if this is real or not.
Sep 9, 2015 9:34 AM
Jul 2015
Well, not much point change, I guess. I mean 2-2-1 (not including Nino), just a difference of 1 point. If there is another battle (or battles) and T2 gets survival points (while others don't cause they're too pro, and hide... :D), they can catch up (2 survival point)...

But yeah, Kazama is right. Osamu should have lowered his head a little, put some worm bags like Azuma (if not at the beginning, at least after realizing the snow; that he can't move well...). He was probably trying to save some trion, so he can fight better (be better help to Yuma).
Who knows what would have happened if Yuma and Osamu did indeed regroup. Maybe they had some kind of combo strategy. They were so close too, Osamu probably didn't use worm bag, cause he thought they could regroup successfully.

Well, this map was rigged for Azuma to have the advantage. But the other two (Kaza, Nino) are not so weak, they will be taken out by Azuma so easily. If they dragged on the fight thought, Azuma would have got them.
Nino instead of chasing Azuma (which is only 1 point), chose to go after the weaker ones, and leave Azuma (even stealing his kill...). It is safe to say Nino was only after points. Azuma did as best as he could, but he's only a sniper. He can't just come out and engage in fights with Nino, Kaze. That would be suicide. So he can't get kills, unless they let him... Waiting for time out was the "smartest" option, for all of them.
Thought, I didn't think Kaze was that type. But I guess, he only wants to fight attackers (not Nino); that he lost all his "hype" after Yuma BO. Otherwise if Kaze vs Nino; Azuma probably takes out Kaze; then run away and hide; resulting in a similar situation; only with Azuma having 1 extra point.

All in all, i don't think points really matter here (maybe it does). I think the goal is to get ranked #1 or #2. But after the rank war begins with A rankers, i think the B rank war points wouldn't matter as much (cause all the A rankers would have higher, if they counted their previous score anyway).
If Natsu team thought they could reach #1, #2 from #13, before this match; I think there's more battles coming (at least 1 more...). Cause, no way you can go from #13 to #2 in 1 go. (2 battle, seems to be cutting it close i would say; if you score enough)

Osamu only had the "strategist" role in last fights. This time he tried a "fighter" and failed. But next time, he'll go back to being "strategist" and at the same time have his strength as a "fighter" (from this fight). This was basically his first fight as a "warrior", I would say. Before he was kind of playing it like a "sniper" would, sit outside of enemy range, and intimidate them. Now he can go back and forth between these 2 positions, and just psych the enemy out xD
All in all, even if Osamu's depressed, I'm not... He did get strong. And he did grow. Maybe even more than others. But he was "SOO WEAK" at the beginning, it's inevitable he's still not OP... I give him a thumbs up. Jin doesn't seem too unhappy about the situation either xD ( I happen to feel like Jin a lot... xD )
Sep 9, 2015 9:49 AM
Jul 2015
p-kun

Yes, it has to be a fake spoiler. Osamu wouldn't ask Jin to join even if he was depressed. That would basically be saying that Yuma isn't good enough (as if Osamu was disappointed in Yuma's performance).
Osamu's depressed for his own performance. Chika too (cause she couldn't get them).
Asking Jin to join, wouldn't even be "funny".

Have we seen any of B-rank #3, #4, #5, #6 yet?
Also when T2 went #8, if Azuma team is still #7; that would mean that 1 team just passed both of them teams. Also it means, they got more than 4 points or more. (2 points and still lower than Azuma, 3 points and "tie" with Azuma if they were 1 point lower; and at least 4 points to pass them)
That is a serious accomplishment, considering how "high" in their ranks they are now.

Maybe T2 can surpass Kaze team by points, even if they don't battle them again xD. Cause Kaze team gona get 2 or 3 points like this battle... and if T2 wipes everyone out and gets like 6, 7 or even 8 points xD. That would be nice.

In the end, they could end up letting more than just 2 B-rank teams to battle the A-rankers. Cause they are trying to get more A-rankers to send for go-away missions. So maybe if they let top 5 B-rankers. And T2 barely make it to top 5 (4 or 5 ish?); that would be fine also. xD
Sep 9, 2015 10:32 AM
Jul 2011
Commentator1 said:
p-kun

Yes, it has to be a fake spoiler. Osamu wouldn't ask Jin to join even if he was depressed. That would basically be saying that Yuma isn't good enough (as if Osamu was disappointed in Yuma's performance).
Osamu's depressed for his own performance. Chika too (cause she couldn't get them).
Asking Jin to join, wouldn't even be "funny".

Have we seen any of B-rank #3, #4, #5, #6 yet?
Also when T2 went #8, if Azuma team is still #7; that would mean that 1 team just passed both of them teams. Also it means, they got more than 4 points or more. (2 points and still lower than Azuma, 3 points and "tie" with Azuma if they were 1 point lower; and at least 4 points to pass them)
That is a serious accomplishment, considering how "high" in their ranks they are now.

Maybe T2 can surpass Kaze team by points, even if they don't battle them again xD. Cause Kaze team gona get 2 or 3 points like this battle... and if T2 wipes everyone out and gets like 6, 7 or even 8 points xD. That would be nice.

In the end, they could end up letting more than just 2 B-rank teams to battle the A-rankers. Cause they are trying to get more A-rankers to send for go-away missions. So maybe if they let top 5 B-rankers. And T2 barely make it to top 5 (4 or 5 ish?); that would be fine also. xD

Personally, I don't know if it's too odd for Osamu to ask? I get that it's kind of odd for him to think about it, but I think Osamu has been pretty hell-bent on getting his team to go as high as possible in order to participate in the A-rank battles. They want more information about Hatohara and Rinji's disappearance, and maybe he's just stressed and this is just an idea he ends up considering? I think it depends on how much Osamu wants the team to rank up and how far he's willing to go to do it (aka do anything in order to). Maybe I'm a little slow in understanding Osamu, but it does seem like a possibility that he'd ask, although I've never considered him asking now. But it does has a high chance of being fake, so that's cool too.

We haven't seen 3-5; Azuma Squad was B-6 if I remember correctly.
I doubt that T2 can surpass them in points? They're still in mid-tier which means they're pretty decent teams with an A-level ace; they're going to have a hard time trying to get 6-8 points, I think. And with Osamu and Chika all gloomy, it might be worse?

While that's a nice thought, I highly doubt that they'd do that xD Border has it's rules and then it'd kinda be bending them or a deus ex machina for T2 to suddenly be able to make it lol Ashihara doesn't pull those kind of things? And why would they risk having less experienced/less powerful/skillful teams participate in something that could decide who gets to go away to another world/universe; they seem pretty concerned about safety so I doubt they'd send less than their best (hence the A-rank requirement).

I'm just curious about Jin's bet, and more backstory about Azuma's previous squad. And of course, Rinji and Hatohara, but that can be saved for later.
Sep 9, 2015 10:59 AM

Jul 2015
LeiteDestiny said:

We haven't seen 3-5; Azuma Squad was B-6 if I remember correctly.
I doubt that T2 can surpass them in points? They're still in mid-tier which means they're pretty decent teams with an A-level ace; they're going to have a hard time trying to get 6-8 points, I think. And with Osamu and Chika all gloomy, it might be worse?

Tamakoma was rank 6 before this match. Azuma was ranked 7. After this match, Tamakoma dropped to B-8.

Original standings are:
---Top Group---
B1 - Ninomiya
B2 - Kageura
B3 - Ikoma
B4 - Yuba
B5 - Oji
B6 - Azuma
B7 - Katori

---Middle Group---
B8 - Suzunari
B9 - Urushima
B10 - Suwa
B11 - Arafune
B12 - Nasu
B13 - Kakizaki
B14 - Hayakawa

It's possible that Suzunari made it into the top group. I don't know what place they were after losing to Tamakoma-2, but I hope that (assuming this spoiler is correct and T-2 is now in the middle group, that they'll be going against new teams. As much as I (and others) have complained about the number of characters, it'd be boring to see repeat battles.

T-2 versus B-9, B-13, and B-14 would be interesting. Though one of those teams might not be in the middle group anymore with T-2 kicking them out.

My predictions: T-2 kicks major butt (like 5-8 points major) and come back to the top group and fights B3-B5 (and possible Suzunari) and gets 3 - 4 points, putting them near the top.

My predictions on Hyuse: Jin gives back the trigger, which surprises Hyuse, but he's kind of stuck, so he doesn't use it. I think Jin is trying to build trust with Hyuse. And there is the potential for Hyuse mentoring Mikumo.
Sep 9, 2015 11:05 AM

Jul 2015
The original standings are from the last page of chapter 84.

On a different note, I hope we see another all-girl group.
Sep 9, 2015 11:28 AM
Jul 2011
SundanceAnn said:
The original standings are from the last page of chapter 84.

On a different note, I hope we see another all-girl group.

Thanks! And I think Jin once said "Yuba-chan", which means Yuba is most likely a girl. Possibly another all-girl squad, but I guess so far we only know of Nasu Squad and Kako Squad. I also want to see a team of mostly girls, since it's either no girls or mostly guys.

And I also agree with your Hyuse prediction; I've been hoping for Hyuse mentoring Osamu since he appeared again during the Suzunari-Nasu-T2 battle.
Sep 9, 2015 11:30 AM

Mar 2014
If we are show battle past this point. I think Ninomiya and/or Kage squad will reappear. We haven't seen everything from them.
Sep 9, 2015 12:15 PM

Jul 2015
Dues-aj said:
If we are show battle past this point. I think Ninomiya and/or Kage squad will reappear. We haven't seen everything from them.

Agreed. I want to see t-2 against Kageura and Ninomiya again... when Mikumo and Chika get their stuff together.

What I was talking about was mostly against Suwa and Arafune teams, even Nasu squad a bit. I like them all as teams, but it'd be a little boring to have a repeat battle. As long as there is at least one new team or at least a different combination of teams, I'd be fine.
Sep 9, 2015 5:10 PM
Feb 2015
Dues-aj said:

Through the virtue of them being tied to the Rinji/Hatohara plot, we'll see them a lot. It's great, because I like all members of those 2 squads.

SundanceAnn said:

My predictions on Hyuse: Jin gives back the trigger, which surprises Hyuse, but he's kind of stuck, so he doesn't use it. I think Jin is trying to build trust with Hyuse. And there is the potential for Hyuse mentoring Mikumo.

I think Hyuse mentoring Mikumo is pointless, as Hyuse will not be better at shooting weapons than Arashiyama/Izumi. Strategy wise, I don't think Hyuse is that good to be a mentor. It should be better to have someone familiar with Border weapons to be strat mentor, say Reiji.

My guess about Hyuse is that Jin will
1. Tell Hyuse that the only way to get back to neighborhood is through babying T-2 to expedition team (I still don't know how Border will allow him to join)
2. Get Hyuse to run away and have T-1 and T-2 punished and ordered to pursue him.

LeiteDestiny said:

Personally, I don't know if it's too odd for Osamu to ask? I get that it's kind of odd for him to think about it, but I think Osamu has been pretty hell-bent on getting his team to go as high as possible in order to participate in the A-rank battles. They want more information about Hatohara and Rinji's disappearance, and maybe he's just stressed and this is just an idea he ends up considering? I think it depends on how much Osamu wants the team to rank up and how far he's willing to go to do it (aka do anything in order to). Maybe I'm a little slow in understanding Osamu, but it does seem like a possibility that he'd ask, although I've never considered him asking now.

It's not out of character of Osamu to ask. In fact, most people assume he will as AFTER T-2 gets to A rank and expedition team on their own power (oh, scratch that, I mean Yuuma's power). BUT it's just very despicable for Osamu to ask NOW. I mean, asking now simply means that Osamu is Yuiga, but a hypocritical one who sports fake modesty and gets praised right and left rather than a lovable butt monkey. ONE loss in a MOCK battle and he comes crying to his sugar daddy... not really the type of MC you want to see all the time.
Sep 9, 2015 5:59 PM

Mar 2014
p-kun said:

It's not out of character of Osamu to ask. In fact, most people assume he will as AFTER T-2 gets to A rank and expedition team on their own power (oh, scratch that, I mean Yuuma's power). BUT it's just very despicable for Osamu to ask NOW. I mean, asking now simply means that Osamu is Yuiga, but a hypocritical one who sports fake modesty and gets praised right and left rather than a lovable butt monkey. ONE loss in a MOCK battle and he comes crying to his sugar daddy... not really the type of MC you want to see all the time.

There is a stark difference between Osamu and Yuiga however. Osamu is trying to get Rinji and the people that got captured from the invasion back. He's put a lot of pressure on his shoulders and he is running out of ways to get where he needs to be. If he tries to improve himself for battle again and still fails then what will happen? Will he just tell Chika that they can't do anything and Yuma will have to shoulder their problems alone? Granted I don't think Jin should join, which he probably won't since the chapter ends on an ambiguous cliffhanger, but I think he can help Osamu get on the right track mentally.
Dues-ajSep 9, 2015 6:16 PM
Sep 9, 2015 6:15 PM

Jul 2015
p-kun said:

I know this is adding speculation on top of speculation for a possibly false spoiler, but what if Mikumo is asking for Jin to take over the team... like replace him? Obviously Chika and Yuma wouldn't stand for it, but it seems like a four-eyes thing to do would be to offer to let Jin take over so that they do make it to an away team.
Sep 9, 2015 6:17 PM

Mar 2014
SundanceAnn said:
p-kun said:

I know this is adding speculation on top of speculation for a possibly false spoiler, but what if Mikumo is asking for Jin to take over the team... like replace him? Obviously Chika and Yuma wouldn't stand for it, but it seems like a four-eyes thing to do would be to offer to let Jin take over so that they do make it to an away team.
That would actually be really cool as well. Osamu gives up on himself but he can still have Chika go save her brother.
Sep 9, 2015 6:37 PM

Jul 2015
Dues-aj said:
SundanceAnn said:

That would actually be really cool as well. Osamu gives up on himself but he can still have Chika go save her brother.

If Mikumo is offering for Jin to take over, I'd still bet that Jin would say no. But Mikumo is very selfless and I could see him offering his spot to Jin because he doesn't want to hold Chika and Yuma back.
Sep 9, 2015 6:49 PM

Mar 2014
SundanceAnn said:
Dues-aj said:

If Mikumo is offering for Jin to take over, I'd still bet that Jin would say no. But Mikumo is very selfless and I could see him offering his spot to Jin because he doesn't want to hold Chika and Yuma back.
The only thing about it is why would Osamu need to throw himself off the team when you can have 4 members? Unless he was specifically making that point that he doesn't want to be carried.
Sep 9, 2015 7:07 PM
Feb 2015
Dues-aj said:

Osamu is trying to get Rinji and the people that got captured from the invasion back. He's put a lot of pressure on his shoulders and he is running out of ways to get where he needs to be.

Like Kitora, I will say that it's coiceited of him to think that the captured people will prefer to be saved by noobie Osamu than by battle hardened agents. It's also conceited of him to think that if he gets Rinji's information, then he will have power to do anything about it. But having tunnel vision and not caring about what happen next plus talking big and not knowing how to achieve it IS in his character (I'll chalk it to youth). BTW, Kitora will be disappointed to know that Osamu IS conceited enough to be depressed.

Dues-aj said:
Will he just tell Chika that they can't do anything and Yuma will have to shoulder their problems alone?

I think he should at least discuss it with the 2. Surprisingly, quite some Japanese comments are angry about Osamu not discussing this with Chika/Yuuma in advance (basically to them, Osamu is launching motion of non-confidence on the team, especially Yuuma, in the back). Most Japanese fan are surprisingly OK with him asking Jin to join (as long as Osamu hands over the captain and MC status to Jin), though most of them think that Jin should refuse and Hyuse should join.

SundanceAnn said:

Chika will still be a deadweight in the team in that scenario. Osamu should instead offer Jin to replace him and Chika in the team.

I think you are right, context matters a lot. I've been thinking about the worst possible scenario, but maybe it's taken out of context. Say, maybe Osamu asks Jin to form a team Yuuma to ensure that Yuuma can go to the expedition and search for replica...
Sep 9, 2015 7:23 PM

Mar 2014
p-kun said:

Osamu is trying to get Rinji and the people that got captured from the invasion back. He's put a lot of pressure on his shoulders and he is running out of ways to get where he needs to be.

Like Kitora, I will say that it's coiceited of him to think that the captured people will prefer to be saved by noobie Osamu than by battle hardened agents. It's also conceited of him to think that if he gets Rinji's information, then he will have power to do anything about it. But having tunnel vision and not caring about what happen next plus talking big and not knowing how to achieve it IS in his character (I'll chalk it to youth). BTW, Kitora will be disappointed to know that Osamu IS conceited enough to be depressed.

[/quote]
Yeah and Osamu said he would take responsibility after the blame of the press for the invasion casualties fell on him. It's not conceit when other people do expect you to take responsibility.
Sep 9, 2015 7:38 PM
Feb 2015
Dues-aj said:

Yeah and Osamu said he would take responsibility after the blame of the press for the invasion casualties fell on him. It's not conceit when other people do expect you to take responsibility.

IMHO, it's 100 times more responsible for him to ensure that the rescue is manned by the best people Border has tto offer, rather than forcing himself into the expedition team (unless he thinks that he's better than the best people in Border).
Sep 9, 2015 7:51 PM

Mar 2014
p-kun said:
Dues-aj said:

IMHO, it's 100 times more responsible for him to ensure that the rescue is manned by the best people Border has tto offer, rather than forcing himself into the expedition team (unless he thinks that he's better than the best people in Border).
And that won't wash his guilt of the situation. If he thought better people could do the job he wouldn't have joined Border because of the fact that he failed the aptitude test. He pretty much forced himself into Border because he wants to be a person who can be a hero even though he doesn't have the aptitude. Osamu even says that he does what he does for himself and not specifically for others.
Dues-ajSep 9, 2015 8:05 PM
Sep 9, 2015 10:51 PM
Feb 2015
Dues-aj said:
p-kun said:

And that won't wash his guilt of the situation. If he thought better people could do the job he wouldn't have joined Border because of the fact that he failed the aptitude test. He pretty much forced himself into Border because he wants to be a person who can be a hero even though he doesn't have the aptitude. Osamu even says that he does what he does for himself and not specifically for others.

You make a lot of sense. But that means that Osamu is selfish. Now that I think about it, Osamu never considers himself selfless. It's just that Yuuma has the wrong impression that he's selfless.
Sep 9, 2015 11:02 PM
Sep 2015
From the chap 114 in mangamit, look like Chika can't shoot people. She did hesitated in the last moment. That why 4 of them alived.
For Osamu, he is a hero, but he not strong enough,.
dat_le_tatSep 9, 2015 11:07 PM
Sep 9, 2015 11:50 PM
Jul 2015
LeiteDestiny said:
Personally, I don't know if it's too odd for Osamu to ask? I get that it's kind of odd for him to think about it, but I think Osamu has been pretty hell-bent on getting his team to go as high as possible in order to participate in the A-rank battles.

No, I get what you guys are trying to say. That Osamu trying to do something (out of desperation) to improve the team.
But it would be "rude" for Osamu to ask Jin. Jin/Yuma are both attackers. If Osamu asks Jin to join, it would be similar to Osamu saying that "we could have won if our attacker was stronger" (like if it was Jin). That would be extremely "out of character" for him.
They just "lost" cause of Osamu/Chika (well, at least in their minds). So Osamu should have "nothing" to say. If someone should be saying, its Yuma; but he's pretty happy (well not unhappy xD ).
Osamu found a way to "improve" his fighting ability (before he was kind of stuck, and frustrated; but now he can at least get better with practice). Chika also started shooting people. They will just improve.

Azuma team was #7, cause T2 was #6. So 1 team just passed both them teams; and they got more than 4 points (as i explained earlier). Getting those points, even at this stage is impressive. It's probably a new team (one we haven't fought before, well maybe)

Hyuse will probably not ask for anything. Cause he probably feels like Jin "let him win". I mean Jin freaking sees the future. Osamu didn't even think about wearing bag-worm; so i think the outcome was pretty obvious. (Thought maybe Jin saw a future Osamu wore a bag-worm, and T2 win lol xD )
But Jin will do something for Hyuse, probably. Or say like "you can have your trigger back whenever you want it". Then Hyuse won't ask to take it back til later (like before them going to Neighbor World, or something).

I'm not saying Border change their rules just for T2's sake. Border has increased it's recruits from once every 3 months to once every month? (maybe once every 6 months to once a month). Anyway, Border is getting bigger. It just makes sense (logical), that the size of B-rankers, and A-rankers increases due to that. (same proportions of the pyramid scale, but just bigger numbers).
Also the HQ Director (Chairman?) said that this "Neighbor-retreavel" thing is going to be the biggest project Border has taken so far. They sent A-rank #1, #2, #3 for just the "survey" mission (well there was the secret Kazama mission, but the main mission was survey). So this "rescue" mission should be at least 3, 4 times bigger than that....
This would of course include a few engineers, and T1 or other OP teams (like S-rank teams) and stuff. But they will need more A-rankers.
Cause they can't send all the A-rankers away. They need some to stay back on earth, in case other neighbor countries invade, during their mission. So they will use this "Rank-Wars" opportunity to just do that, increase the number of A-rankers.

They already have A-rank level agents anyway (like B1 and B2). So, they will probably take those 2 and 2 or 3 more (4, 5) B-rank teams to test their strenghts against A-rankers.
If those B-rankers beat the current A-rankers; there's no need to push the A-rankers down to B. They can just increase the numbers of A-rankers.
Sep 9, 2015 11:54 PM
Feb 2015
dat_le_tat said:
From the chap 114 in mangamit, look like Chika can't shoot people. She did hesitated in the last moment. That why 4 of them alived.

Meh, even if she didn't hesitate, I have the utmost confidence that she won't even kill anyone (she might heavily injure many but the other enemies will just kill steal from Chika), considering that ibis is slow enough that operator can give advance warning, and that the top B all have good enough reflexes, not to mention Chika's poor aim even in practice (she's not even worthy of B rank against static target).

If Chika shot and Osamu was still alive to distract the 4 (Azuma killed him to prevent this) or to kill them all post Chika's shot (doubtful considering his skill), then that's another story. But in the later case, considering Osamu's poor reflexes and trion shield, and Chika's less than stellar aim even at static target, there's possibility that she'll kill Osamu as well (this might be a good thing, as the enemy won't get 1 point off Osamu).
Sep 10, 2015 5:58 AM

Mar 2014
p-kun said:
Dues-aj said:

You make a lot of sense. But that means that Osamu is selfish. Now that I think about it, Osamu never considers himself selfless. It's just that Yuuma has the wrong impression that he's selfless.
It's kind of why I feel Yuma let Osamu be the captain. He knew he had his heart in the right place and he could grow a lot from being in this position of leadership.
Sep 10, 2015 7:03 AM

Jul 2015
Raws on mangamint. The chapter 115 forum page was created, so we should probably move the conversation there... at least for this chapter

http://www.mangamint.com/world-trigger-115

Tha pages are super out of order. Look at the top right for page numbers.
Sep 10, 2015 7:23 AM
Sep 2015
p-kun said:
But in the later case, considering Osamu's poor reflexes and trion shield, and Chika's less than stellar aim even at static target, there's possibility that she'll kill Osamu as well (this might be a good thing, as the enemy won't get 1 point off Osamu).

If Chika first kill is Osamu or Yuuma, I doubt she can pull the trigger again.
Sep 13, 2015 8:18 PM
Jul 2015
p-kun, did you say the spoilers were coming out early?

Does anyone have any idea when the spoilers for 116 going to come out?
Sep 13, 2015 8:20 PM

Mar 2014
Commentator1 said:
p-kun, did you say the spoilers were coming out early?

Does anyone have any idea when the spoilers for 116 going to come out?
Probably by Wednesday at the latest
Sep 14, 2015 7:00 AM

Jul 2015
Initial spoilers are up... it almost sounds like hyuse joins border at 3000 points, but don't quote me on that (I'm using Google translate and at the top, it says "unconfirmed spoiler").

The entire thing seems iffy. From what I can tell, instead, Hyuse will be joining T-2, but first he has to make it out of C-rank. As much as I like the idea of Hyuse joining, it seems a bit ridiculous.

How can they trust him? He's made it very clear that he serves Aftokrator... so taking him to Aftokrator on an away mission seems... bad?

Also, if Border HQ had a tough time approving Yuma (who's father helped found Border), you'd think they'd say no to someone who was directly involved in an invasion that left at least a few dead and 30 early teens abducted.

IDK, I don't trust this spoiler. Will keep checking back.

http://jump-netabare.seesaa.net/s/article/426069271.html
SundanceAnnSep 14, 2015 7:32 AM
Sep 14, 2015 9:01 AM

Mar 2014
SundanceAnn said:
Initial spoilers are up... it almost sounds like hyuse joins border at 3000 points, but don't quote me on that (I'm using Google translate and at the top, it says "unconfirmed spoiler").

The entire thing seems iffy. From what I can tell, instead, Hyuse will be joining T-2, but first he has to make it out of C-rank. As much as I like the idea of Hyuse joining, it seems a bit ridiculous.

How can they trust him? He's made it very clear that he serves Aftokrator... so taking him to Aftokrator on an away mission seems... bad?

Also, if Border HQ had a tough time approving Yuma (who's father helped found Border), you'd think they'd say no to someone who was directly involved in an invasion that left at least a few dead and 30 early teens abducted.

IDK, I don't trust this spoiler. Will keep checking back.

http://jump-netabare.seesaa.net/s/article/426069271.html

Yeah, they would definitely need some convincing to get Hyuse involved. I will say that Yuma was a hard sell because he had a Black Trigger which ups his risk factor massively moreso than Hyuse might. Maybe if he is only given a Border Trigger for supervised use.
Sep 14, 2015 10:14 AM

Jul 2015
I've read a little of it... it sounds like a fake.... it looks like a fake.... and I think it's a FAKE... there is no way that this is not FAKE... this spoiler went out to early so it must be a FAKE... It doesn't matter when I think about the possibilities of this chap... it looks so unreal, like a FAKE... so i think you guys(FAKE) understood my (fake)opnion about his (fake) spoilers... FAKE>>>>>>>
Pages (26) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » World Trigger Chapter 239 Discussion

MegamiRem - Feb 1

14 by StregAnna77 »»
Mar 26, 8:54 AM

Poll: » World Trigger Chapter 240 Discussion

anime-prime - Mar 3

2 by ReaperCreeper »»
Mar 6, 3:54 PM

» Despair

Magical_Bananana - Feb 1

7 by Magical_Bananana »»
Feb 8, 5:31 AM

Poll: » World Trigger Chapter 238 Discussion

MegamiRem - Nov 3, 2023

5 by StregAnna77 »»
Nov 23, 2023 4:12 AM

Poll: » World Trigger Chapter 237 Discussion

MegamiRem - Oct 3, 2023

3 by ricksed »»
Oct 4, 2023 11:18 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.