Forum Settings
Forums
Fairy Tail
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jun 15, 2015 5:05 AM
Jan 2014
Spriggan,eh? That's the name of a fairy sprite in british lore https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spriggan. You never know,it could be meaningful.

I wouldn't be surprised if all the fights against the spriggan twelve involve a mage from fairy tail and two other mages as backup. There are 10 elite mages in fairy tail,11 if Gildarts finally decides to show up. Would be the perfect opportunity since the opponents are more or less in his level or just a bit weaker than him.

Well,there are many potential guilds from the tournament,but besides crime sorcieire's seven members and sabertooth's five elite,they only have one or two members that can fight such elite opponents. Lamia scale only has Jura and lyon,mermaid's heel only has Kagura. Quatro Cerberus has Baccus the fodder,blue pegasus has Ichiya.

I am gonna bet my finger that natsu is going to pick a fight there against one of these twelve. We need a demonstration,after all. Having Natsu be quiclky overwhelmed,despite all his training,would work nicely.

Oh,that's right. I am willing to bet that Lucy will finally get Yukino's keys here,or in the next arc.. Considering how much Mashima has delayed this,I am pretty sure some shit will happen when they are reunited.

And Serena or this emperor (if he is like awakening's walhart) will be a good way to measure E.N.D's strength. Honestly,Mashima has been delaying this far enough. Just hope that by the following arc E.N.D gets restored,if not on this albareth.
hello09Jun 15, 2015 5:11 AM
Jun 15, 2015 5:09 AM

Dec 2011
God Serena... lol what a name. He definitely resembles Yuriy though.
I really hope this arc builds up to be an interesting one, so far, its kind of meh.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 15, 2015 5:14 AM
Jan 2014
Now that I think about it....they do know about Lumen Historie,and since Yuriy was the closest to mavis,this could explain it. I too saw the striking resemblance between Yuriy and this Serena. Still,mashima tends to reuse assets sometimes. Kyouka looked just like Satan Soul Mirajane and it wasn't meaningful.

Plus,after all he vowed in the last chapter of zero,it would be disappointing if he simply betrayed her like this.

Well,maybe something happened when Mavis sealed herself/killed herself and became Lumen Historie. After all,something must have happened to explain why Warrod left the guild,despite remaining loyal to it. Maybe he refused to accept Precht as his guild master? or maybe it was Mavis's fate? Or perhaps something happened to Yuriy?

Oh well. Honestly,this is just the arc's second chapter,a introductory chapter. They are not usually known for being epic or exhilarating.
hello09Jun 15, 2015 5:18 AM
Jun 15, 2015 5:17 AM

Jun 2014
That's how Fairy Tail should be. THE HYPE is real. I am really happy that Gajeel will go to search for Laxus, because he is just a bad ass. Also the wizard saints were really cool. And that God Serena information. So 11 wizards are as strong as the strongest wizard in Ishgar and he himself joined them. It is really interesting how things will go, because I doubt that everyone from Fairy Tail will go unscathed, who knows, we may even see a death.
Jun 15, 2015 5:26 AM
Jan 2014
There is another weird thing. Warrod and Woldheim all look old. The council chairman,Hyperion,doesn't. Plus,he has those ears. He is most likely not human and he is probably ageless. The first one is Yuriy's spitting image,besides those antennae.

I am pretty sure he revealed him like this in order to set up a plot twist /revelation later on. Many people who dissed this arc probably will refrain themselves after this one.

Still,it sure would be sad to see that two of fairy tail's founding fathers strayed,and that only Warrod decided to inherit Mavis's will. Maybe Yuriy got an ageless curse cast on him,like Zeref and Mavis did. That would explain why his body didn't mature.

Plus,in a hundred years,it's possible to become the continent's strongest mage,lol. Only reason why Warrod is fourth is because not only he is old and because he doesn't know many offensive magics. Even in zero he observed that he was a back up mage. Hades,well... he sure was a monster,but old age caught up to him and without that heart,he couldn't use his full power.
hello09Jun 15, 2015 5:33 AM
Jun 15, 2015 5:32 AM

May 2015
Kalcaen said:
Well, God Serena is definitively Yuriy

The ressemblance is kinda undeniable, I mean, look at the hair style (if we forget about the fancy upper stuff), the form of his eyes, his eyebrows, and the shade of grey used let think that he his blond haired. Plus, he's the only original FT member we've haven't seen yet in the main FT so far, and his connection to the actual team is pretty high. Last, he would have a reason to go to Arbaless: saving his son.

And listen to what Warrod said in this chapter, which means he knows what's going on... The other two Kings of Ishgar might not because it was decided between both FT former members. ;)

If that's yury then he has to have a medical heart like hades cuz that dude is older than gramps who's over 80 though he is technically younger than prechet.
I am the King, address me as anything less and face the wrath of The Emperor Supreme King
Jun 15, 2015 5:34 AM
Jan 2014
Yuriy probably got cursed like Mavis and Zeref and became ageless. By keeping his youth and training for a hundred years,it is possible to become the continent's strongest mage. Plus,he is Makarov's father and Laxus's grandfather...and Zeref himself taught him magic.

Unlike Ivan,who is a pussy,Laxus and Makarov are frightening strong,so it definitely runs in the veins. He has the makings and had a master like Zeref. Only reason why hades was "weak" was because of his old age and reliance on that heart to unleash his full power.
hello09Jun 15, 2015 5:39 AM
Jun 15, 2015 5:38 AM

May 2015
lienleaf said:
That Gajeel
"We're forming the B Team" was awesome.
But come to think about it,
Team A consists of Natsu,Lucy,Gray,Wendy, Erza and Mest.(+Happy,+Carla)
Team B however: Gajeel,Juvia,Mirajane and Laxus.(+Lily)
Im wondering whether they wanna have another powerhouse like Jellal/Mystogan again, like in GMG, though Jellal is 100% busy doing something else.

Any thoughts on who will be the 6th in Team B?

And hopefully Lisanna and Elfman wont be tagging along Team B because of Mira, they should be rebuildung the Guild.

I know Gajeel saved the chapter cuz when I first heard Erza say 'only is on this room will go' i got disappointed thinking this was gonna be all about team Natsu again which sucks I hate those arcs without Gajeel, Laxus, Mira and possibly gildarts and I hat how they always focus on those five. Right now Gajeel is the one that saves that chapter creating a be team and getting Laxus who was trying a badass training to be more badass. As usual Team B stands for Badass and team A stands for Ass as in just Ass. Now I can't wait to see Laxus the superomegultimatebaddas and it would be even better if gildarts joins the badass team
I am the King, address me as anything less and face the wrath of The Emperor Supreme King
Jun 15, 2015 5:39 AM

Dec 2008
Somewhat peeved. I was expecting more from the remaining 3 saints. Dracula? Really? x.x
It was seriously pissing me off that they kept repeating Serena's name, and in the end, it's a dude. Like, why? If it's Yuriy, this'll be incredibly interesting, but I really was hoping for one of the 4 to be a woman.
Jun 15, 2015 5:41 AM
Jan 2014
Someone sure likes Laxus here . When the infiltration team gets caught,after Natsu causes a ruckus,I wouldn't be surprised if 'Team B" came to the rescue.

Ah,I see. "Serena" is the name of a female in yugioh arc V. This is why some thought it would be a woman,right? It's also a female name in real life,apparently.

"From a Late Latin name which was derived from Latin serenus meaning "clear, tranquil, serene". This name was borne by an obscure early saint. Edmund Spenser also used it in his poem 'The Faerie Queene' (1590)."

FAIRY QUEENE,it could be meaningful. Also,if someone disappointed that he is a man,you have only have yourself to blame. It might be weird,but Serena can also be a male name in fiction.
hello09Jun 15, 2015 5:47 AM
Jun 15, 2015 5:45 AM

May 2015
hello09 said:
There is another weird thing. Warrod and Woldheim all look old. The council chairman,Hyperion,doesn't. Plus,he has those ears. He is most likely not human and he is probably ageless. The first one is Yuriy's spitting image,besides those antennae.

I am pretty sure he revealed him like this in order to set up a plot twist /revelation later on. Many people who dissed this arc probably will refrain themselves after this one.

Still,it sure would be sad to see that two of fairy tail's founding fathers strayed,and that only Warrod decided to inherit Mavis's will. Maybe Yuriy got an ageless curse cast on him,like Zeref and Mavis did. That would explain why his body didn't mature.

Plus,in a hundred years,it's possible to become the continent's strongest mage,lol. Only reason why Warrod is fourth is because not only he is old and because he doesn't know many offensive magics. Even in zero he observed that he was a back up mage. Hades,well... he sure was a monster,but old age caught up to him and without that heart,he couldn't use his full power.

After reading the Fairy Tail Zero and thinking about it, I don't think Prechet actually strayed. I think he was like ultrear wan was just a Zeref's fan girl that thought after Zeref's appeared everything would be perfect. I mean think back to tarturous when his spritit talked to Natsu. I think he just wanted to repay Zeref for teaching them magic and thought that after Zeref's had his full power everything would be perfect like ultear did and when Zeref's told him the truth and he died he went back good knowing his good intentions only brought harm, that's what I think at least.
Jun 15, 2015 5:48 AM
Jan 2015
Am i the only one who was not happy with this latest update. There was just to much how to put it, stupid decisions.
I don't what her reasoning was. Erza as guildmaster should not have included herself in this mission.
And yea Natsu and the gang are the main characters... I don't care they are the absolute worst choices for an infiltration. Gajeel and Mest together would make a way waaaayyyyy better team.
The big reveal of the Four Gods. That was so anticlimactic. After all the hype Hiro put into that sad ass war god(whose name i don't remember or care to remember).
The only redeeming factor is and always will be Hiro's sweet ass artwork.
But this was a real poor chapter. It only served to reveal the Gods and Serena's betrayal. And honestly with this setup i clearly see a Natsu/ Team Natsu vs Serena or maybe the actual leader of the Sprigan 12. And honestly at this point after only 1 stinking year Natsu can fairly compete with the former #1 of Ishgar I'm just done. Cause one year should not be sufficient to compete with the strongest guy n the continent. NO fricking way.
Jun 15, 2015 5:50 AM
Jan 2014
By the way he talked about him,he never "met" Zeref while knowing his identity. Only when he was killed did he realize who he was.

Precht lived a hundred years,maybe a little less. For most of his life,he followed Mavis's will. However,I imagine that Mavis's fate ended up influencing him into researching magic and it's...darker applications...and then he strayed.

The bigger the light,the bigger the shadow it casts.

Valentine,you must learn to keep your shit together,and your expectations in check. The reveal of the four gods was exactly I was expecting,except for Serena''s treason. After all,the council is allied with fairy tail,so a meeting like this one here would work nicely. No need to waste time and pages with this.

Since he was the strongest ,I was savvy enough to expect him to be an enemy in the future. I was even expecting a fight against all the four gods. Didn't think it would happen like this. However,his resemblance to Yuriy is most fascinating.
hello09Jun 15, 2015 5:54 AM
Jun 15, 2015 5:52 AM

Apr 2008
There is one thing about the Serena = Yuri theory that doesn't make sense. If it really is Yuriy then

A He knows what Lumen Histoire is.

B: He knows WHERE it is most likely. So really LH should have been raided by now since I doubt he just on a whim joined the Empire without any sort of exchange before hand. Plus Yuriy's promise in Zero was to protect mavis. Working with the people who want to STEAL her away to likely incorporate her power to their military might does not fit in with that at all.
Jun 15, 2015 5:54 AM

May 2015
hello09 said:
Someone sure likes Laxus here . When the infiltration team gets caught,after Natsu causes a ruckus,I wouldn't be surprised if 'Team B" came to the rescue.

Ah,I see. "Serena" is the name of a female in yugioh arc V. This is why some thought it would be a woman,right?

"From a Late Latin name which was derived from Latin serenus meaning "clear, tranquil, serene". This name was borne by an obscure early saint. Edmund Spenser also used it in his poem 'The Faerie Queene' (1590)."

FAIRY QUEENE

Since it's a Fairy Queen it may have something to do with Fairy Taik the guild but it may still be a girl to all of u who think it's not. Also I am still waiting for someone or something called or to do with Oberon shows up because it kinda pisses me off how they have titinina the queen of the fairies and now God Serena who may also be a faire queen but no Oberon King of the Fairies. It also pisses me off how Erza is getting all this credit for being the strongest female in fairy tail when Mira is just as strong as her and is just more passive when NOT fighting and that's only cuz Lisanaa was thought to be dead. I just wish that now that Mira's gotten over it they would both share in the light and be called the twin queens of Fairy Tail or the two sides queen of Fairy Tail. It feels like hire or maybe the editors have been showing too much favoritism towards Erza and if you ask me when Mira is back to her old self she is more of a queen anyway as seen in the onmake where b team had command over a team.
Jun 15, 2015 6:00 AM
Jan 2014
mashima is the master of retconing information,if push comes to shove.Also,darklight,you misunderstand.

WHEN was it said they wanted Lumen Historie simply to add it to their weapon inventory? It wasn't. We don't know why they need it and what they are planning with it. The emperor could be planning to use it against Zeref and acnologia,for instance.

Also,we don't know how Mavis became Lumen Historie and if Precht was the only one who knew about it or not. It sure is weird Serena's decision. If he knows where it is,all he had to do was raid the guild. He could easily do it. He is the strongest mage of ishgard.

This can be chalked up to the reason why Obito,for instance,wasted all his attempts to kill Naruto and Kakashi. There would be no plot if did the logical,lol.

I am not fond of rants,kingace. Keep it to yourself,if you please. If this was the "Karin's Sarada's daughter,not Sakura" topic,I would understand it. But in here you are making a tempest over a small issue.
hello09Jun 15, 2015 6:03 AM
Jun 15, 2015 6:01 AM

Apr 2008
hello09 said:
mashima is the master of retconing information,if push comes to shove.Also,darklight,you misunderstand.

WHEN was it said they wanted Lumen Historie simply to add it to their weapon inventory? It wasn't. We don't know why they need it and what they are planning with it. The emperor could be planning to use it against Zeref and acnologia,for instance.

Also,we don't know how Mavis became Lumen Historie and if Precht was the only one who knew about it or not. It sure is weird Serena's decision. If he knows where it is,all he had to do was raid the guild. He could easily do it. He is the strongest mage of ishgard.

This can be chalked up to the reason why Obito,for instance,wasted all his attempts to kill Naruto and Kakashi. There would be no plot if did the logical,lol.

ANything that involves USING LH is breaking Yuriy's promise in Zero.
Jun 15, 2015 6:08 AM
Jan 2014
Obito promised that he would become hokage. So,what? Plus,even in real life,people are weak. They tend make promises and then break it because of circumstances or lack of morality,or because they didn't think it through.

We still don't know what happened in fairy tail zero's ending. Yuriy was never mentioned in fairy tail. Up until now,his only appearance was in Warrod's flashback. Mashima probably did this not to compromise himself like he did with Silver.

In one of tartarus's earliest chapters,there was talk of Silver's "demon form". It was never answered if only Mard and keith knew he was a corpse,or if everyone did. I imagine Mashima implied it was the former. Well,he did say there was a critical inconsistency in his Silver plot that forced him to do some adjustments.
Jun 15, 2015 6:10 AM

May 2015
MrJValentine said:
Am i the only one who was not happy with this latest update. There was just to much how to put it, stupid decisions.
I don't what her reasoning was. Erza as guildmaster should not have included herself in this mission.
And yea Natsu and the gang are the main characters... I don't care they are the absolute worst choices for an infiltration. Gajeel and Mest together would make a way waaaayyyyy better team.
The big reveal of the Four Gods. That was so anticlimactic. After all the hype Hiro put into that sad ass war god(whose name i don't remember or care to remember).
The only redeeming factor is and always will be Hiro's sweet ass artwork.
But this was a real poor chapter. It only served to reveal the Gods and Serena's betrayal. And honestly with this setup i clearly see a Natsu/ Team Natsu vs Serena or maybe the actual leader of the Sprigan 12. And honestly at this point after only 1 stinking year Natsu can fairly compete with the former #1 of Ishgar I'm just done. Cause one year should not be sufficient to compete with the strongest guy n the continent. NO fricking way.

If you're talking about that giant from avatar arc it was not a god it was just a giant that punched the ground and never even used magic. The avatar idiots just called it a god. I agree the avatar arc was hyped up then just cut off but I think that was the editors fault because from the beginning of it it seemed like it would be a long arc with a lot of feels but then it just needed so it was probably cuz of the editors so blame them. Also Hiro did the exact opposite of hyping them up. We already knew one of them, warrod, did not even use offensive magic and he also stated that wizards stronger then the ten saints are outside the country the only one that is being hyped up is the number 1 God Serena. Yeah I do totally agree about Team Natsu getting to go is wrong. Ezra as guild master has to do stuff to get the guild back so should stay behind at least for now. You can't stop Natsu and Gray from going and they need a healer but hey in the fucking world is Lucy going she will probably just slow them down and definetly is not spy material. I hate how they show favoritism to Lucy even though she is the most worthless and useless characters as well as the only one I hate in the entire guild. I also hate how their always giving Team Natsu the big fights in arcs like these, Laxus saved the tenrou arc and Gajeel just saved this one by forming a B team and not letting Team Natsu take the glory. Niro show way too much favoritism to team Natsu, I mean I'm okay with Natsu as he is the main character and Gray as he is the main characters rival and Wendy as they will always need a healer, but come on he doesn't have to show them taking in every fight like they are the only people in the guild and I esspecially hate how he is giving Lucy favoritism as if she deserves it, in the binging of Fairy Tail she didn't even fight and later on she fought but always needed someone's help. Hiro needs to learn how to show all the characters in Fairy Tail tenrou team equally and not just ram Natsu, you can let Erza take the sidelines every once in a while, and you can just leave worthless Lucy out of the fight scenes.
Jun 15, 2015 6:18 AM

May 2015
hello09 said:

I am not fond of rants,kingace. Keep it to yourself,if you please. If this was the "Karin's Sarada's daughter,not Sakura" topic,I would understand it. But in here you are making a tempest over a small issue.

This is not a small issue its a big issue that becomes extremely relevant and annoying in this chapter. Hiro is showing favoritism to erza and team Natsu never letting them take a seat on the sidelines while the rest are on the bleachers 24/7. For example Erza ruined the chapter by saying only team Natsu would go and Gajeel saved it by saying that he would make a B team and not let Team Natsu steel all the glory like usual. Also how is a guild master gonna leave on a possible wild goose chance when the guild need her the most to get back on their feet. Hire should have done the right thing and just let Erza sit in the sidelines for once when she was needed on the Homefront as guild master but no he had to show fabvortism and make her go. Ezra and Levy were the only two from the tenrou team who definetly should not go since they have to rebuild the guild and do paper work. I also hope that Hiro can stop with the favortism for a second and let warren join so it can actually be kinda spy like.
Jun 15, 2015 6:38 AM
Jan 2014
Wow,people sure are pissed that there is no female among the four gods of ishagard. They say this is sexism.

Isn't it also sexist to have a female in four gods just for the sake of having one? A token female member? Plus,if mashima did one,people would then make jokes about the "fanservice god" or the "token god".

King Ace,they are the protagonists. This is a pointless rant and conversation. Plus,you are full of double standards. If you are gonna rant,do it right. Sting is the guildmaster of Sabertooth,yet he went to battle Tartarus. I imagine that someone like Levy will be left as a substitute. She is perfect for the job. To infiltrate Albarath would be a suicide mission. Erza wouldn't put her friends in such a risk,that's why she is going with them,and why only only team Natsu is going.

It would be too risky to bring more than 5. Natsu going can be chalked up to the fact that he would follow them regardless of Erza's will,even though it's quite predictable that he is going to blow their cover.

There is a reason why Erza,Natsu,Gray and Lucy are the manga's main protagonists and why Natsu and Lucy are the leads. It's because Mashima wants to. Things Zeref Dragneel,E.N.D,etc,are just "excuses" to justify it. If you disagree so much and think that Natsu is "stealing glory",simply don't read the manga. Either that or get used to it.
hello09Jun 15, 2015 6:48 AM
Jun 15, 2015 6:43 AM
Mar 2015
I'm sure of the 11 abrales warriors the leader will be a woman to fight Ezra of course, another crappy girl who will bully Lucy like always and Mabry one more for Mira or gray (he fights a lot of girls)
Jun 15, 2015 6:51 AM
Apr 2011
Serena is male previously female.
4 8 15 16 23 42 4 8 15 16 23 42 4 8 15 16 23 42 4 8 15 16 23 42

http://putridcheese.deviantart.com
http://www.booksie.com/tosh/
http://stoptazmo.com/
Jun 15, 2015 6:55 AM

Jan 2008
Behemoth11 said:
I wonder if they are really that strong?

Guaranteed Natsu will show us just how weak they are. As always. Bah.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
Jun 15, 2015 6:57 AM
Jan 2014
if Natsu gets the worf effect and gets wrecked ,people will say it was predictable. If Natsu clobbers everyone,people will say it was predictable. Gotta love you guys.
Jun 15, 2015 7:15 AM
Mar 2015
kevin_video said:
Behemoth11 said:
I wonder if they are really that strong?

Guaranteed Natsu will show us just how weak they are. As always. Bah.

Well it all comes down to if they are physically impressive as they are with magic. That natsu real trump card, his freakish strength. Plus he is also susceptible to magic restraints.

Besides its not about Natsu or Ezra

Its everyone else
I know Lucy has mastery over more then just her keys
Gray didn't get to go all out during the avatar arc,
Wendy's air magic is also a lot more advanced, I wonder rif. She is strong enough to feel motion sickness

Then we have team B over here
Gajeel and Cana are some of juvia closest friends, so it will be nice to see her around anyone other then gray.
I've been hoping that they would expand on her abilities if she can makes it rain then she controls more then just water that is weather manipulation. Juvia been a super interesting characters since her début, but all that was ted time with gray has ruined her and held gray back.

Mira is another 1 we have only seen her use 2 forms in 10 years. I know she got more then that, I just hope she is not removed from every position were we should see her fighting.

Gajeel is pretty much vegeta to natsu goku so he should be fine.

Lauxus is likely to be what gray was to natus in tortures arc, since were gonna diving deep into this family history
I wouldn't be surprised if he gets to fight Serena to a draw.
Jun 15, 2015 7:21 AM

Dec 2014
KingAce261 said:
Okay here is my thoughts: Simce the 12 shields of sprigan all have power to match the top four of the wizard saints it will,probably go down one of 3 ways. 1. Fairy Tail can only beat a few of them and get really hurt but without Igneel inside Natsu he is able to go Etherious form or full E.N.D and beats them with the power he used to beat Igneel 400 years ago. 2. God Serena (who I still don't know if he is a boy or girl) turns out to still be good and helps Fairy Tail find gramps and stop the other 11 3. Fairy Tail by some miracle beat the 11 and only have to deal with God Serena (seriously is that person a he or she, I thought she until I saw a drawing of that person) so since fairy tail can't beat her/him either both Natsu and Gajeel have to go dual element and just barley win or all first gen dragon slayers go dragon force (or maybe just Natsu, the glory hog) and just barely beat her/him.

I also hope they don't hype this up like they did the avatar arc only for avatar to be weak as shit and not even be able to summon a real God, they just summonsed a giant that can punch stuff and not even use magic. I'm starting to think giro wanted to make a whole big arc about them just for Gray's character development but the editors made him stop and waste a whole good arc and idea. If they do this with the comming arc I will personally fly to Japan break into their office punch them in the face then get Mashima Hiro's autograph.

Or fiore gets invaded and fairy tail has to fight guerilla style.
Jun 15, 2015 7:37 AM

May 2015
hello09 said:
Wow,people sure are pissed that there is no female among the four gods of ishagard. They say this is sexism.

Isn't it also sexist to have a female in four gods just for the sake of having one? A token female member? Plus,if mashima did one,people would then make jokes about the "fanservice god" or the "token god".

King Ace,they are the protagonists. This is a pointless rant and conversation. Plus,you are full of double standards. If you are gonna rant,do it right. Sting is the guildmaster of Sabertooth,yet he went to battle Tartarus. I imagine that someone like Levy will be left as a substitute. She is perfect for the job. To infiltrate Albarath would be a suicide mission. Erza wouldn't put her friends in such a risk,that's why she is going with them,and why only only team Natsu is going.

It would be too risky to bring more than 5. Natsu going can be chalked up to the fact that he would follow them regardless of Erza's will,even though it's quite predictable that he is going to blow their cover.

There is a reason why Erza,Natsu,Gray and Lucy are the manga's main protagonists and why Natsu and Lucy are the leads. It's because Mashima wants to. Things Zeref Dragneel,E.N.D,etc,are just "excuses" to justify it. If you disagree so much and think that Natsu is "stealing glory",simply don't read the manga. Either that or get used to it.

I'm saying that Hiro is showing favoritism. Team Natsu are not the only protagisy basically all of team tenrou are protagonists of you take off gildarts. How can you not call it favoritism when Hiro makes one of the few charcthers whi have to stay on the Homefront go to the battle field. Team Natsu are not the only protagonist and the only Main protagonist that can get favoritism is Natsu, so you can not say Hiro isn't showing favoritism. Why are you acting like Erza is in the right she as the guild master should stay behind when the guild is still being rebuilt and at its most vulnerable to be attacked and for the lumen historic to be stolen, and stop acting like Erza can do a better job of protecting them than other members like Mira. If Hiro wasn't showing favoritism he would make it so that Erza form a small team of about 7 to infiltrate the kingdom, which whould probably be Natsu(u can't stop him) Gray(he proved he can be a good spy) Gajeel(also proved he can be a good spy) warren(need that telepathic link up) Wendy (support and healing) Mest (he proved he is the mvp of spies) and Laxus (gajeel would get him and they need a calm mind and powerhouse. Instead of doing this Hiro showed favoritism and did the wrong thing. Now Fairy Tail is even more vulnerable and the lumen historie would be easy pickings. This is why Erza can't be a leader because she is front line material and can't see the big picture as well as listens to her heart first without thinking, she is more like a general not a king. I am basically saying that Hiro showing favoritism to team Natsu is making the manga a lot worse than it could have been, let them take the bleachers every once in a while, you can't have the same players in the game 24/7 with the only possible exception being the main protagonist Natsu but even he has to take a back seat every now and then,
Jun 15, 2015 7:39 AM

May 2015
cenkiss said:
KingAce261 said:
Okay here is my thoughts: Simce the 12 shields of sprigan all have power to match the top four of the wizard saints it will,probably go down one of 3 ways. 1. Fairy Tail can only beat a few of them and get really hurt but without Igneel inside Natsu he is able to go Etherious form or full E.N.D and beats them with the power he used to beat Igneel 400 years ago. 2. God Serena (who I still don't know if he is a boy or girl) turns out to still be good and helps Fairy Tail find gramps and stop the other 11 3. Fairy Tail by some miracle beat the 11 and only have to deal with God Serena (seriously is that person a he or she, I thought she until I saw a drawing of that person) so since fairy tail can't beat her/him either both Natsu and Gajeel have to go dual element and just barley win or all first gen dragon slayers go dragon force (or maybe just Natsu, the glory hog) and just barely beat her/him.

I also hope they don't hype this up like they did the avatar arc only for avatar to be weak as shit and not even be able to summon a real God, they just summonsed a giant that can punch stuff and not even use magic. I'm starting to think giro wanted to make a whole big arc about them just for Gray's character development but the editors made him stop and waste a whole good arc and idea. If they do this with the comming arc I will personally fly to Japan break into their office punch them in the face then get Mashima Hiro's autograph.

Or fiore gets invaded and fairy tail has to fight guerilla style.

Yeah or they get invaded by still the basic same things will happen except in one situation they are inaveded or are the invadies and in the other they invade and are the invaders.
Jun 15, 2015 7:51 AM

May 2015
[quote=trump54][quote=kevin_video]
Behemoth11 said:

Gajeel is pretty much vegeta to natsu goku so he should be fine.

That makes me think. You are basically right Gajeel and Natsu are like Goku and Vegeta without Natsu being a total powerhouse, well maybe he is now I mean avatar was not a good display of his strength but he fight against BlueNote(someone he struggled against in tenrou) was, anyway back to the topic. Natsu and Gajeel are like Goku and Vegeta but Natsu and Gray are like Naruto and Sasuke and Erza is like a badass Sakura with Wendy being regular sakura. So Natsu Gray Erza = Naruto Sasuke Sakura and Natsu Gajeel Wendy = Goku Vegeta Sakura. So that mean Niro may have used those manga as references or maybe just chance and it also means that Wendy is the only character that can switch teams, technically or course. Anyway I was just putting this out there after seeing Gajeel is like Vegeta post.
Jun 15, 2015 8:20 AM

Jun 2013
KingAce261 said:
hello09 said:

I'm saying that Hiro is showing favoritism. Team Natsu are not the only protagisy basically all of team tenrou are protagonists of you take off gildarts. How can you not call it favoritism when Hiro makes one of the few charcthers whi have to stay on the Homefront go to the battle field. Team Natsu are not the only protagonist and the only Main protagonist that can get favoritism is Natsu, so you can not say Hiro isn't showing favoritism. Why are you acting like Erza is in the right she as the guild master should stay behind when the guild is still being rebuilt and at its most vulnerable to be attacked and for the lumen historic to be stolen, and stop acting like Erza can do a better job of protecting them than other members like Mira. If Hiro wasn't showing favoritism he would make it so that Erza form a small team of about 7 to infiltrate the kingdom, which whould probably be Natsu(u can't stop him) Gray(he proved he can be a good spy) Gajeel(also proved he can be a good spy) warren(need that telepathic link up) Wendy (support and healing) Mest (he proved he is the mvp of spies) and Laxus (gajeel would get him and they need a calm mind and powerhouse. Instead of doing this Hiro showed favoritism and did the wrong thing. Now Fairy Tail is even more vulnerable and the lumen historie would be easy pickings. This is why Erza can't be a leader because she is front line material and can't see the big picture as well as listens to her heart first without thinking, she is more like a general not a king. I am basically saying that Hiro showing favoritism to team Natsu is making the manga a lot worse than it could have been, let them take the bleachers every once in a while, you can't have the same players in the game 24/7 with the only possible exception being the main protagonist Natsu but even he has to take a back seat every now and then,

No Team Natsu are the protagonists of this series, and Natsu & Lucy are the main characters. It's been like that from the first arc. Also it's common knowledge in shounen that the main character fights the boss. In Fairy Tail, Natsu fought only Jellal, Zero and F!Rogue (alone) and they are considered the main villains of those arcs. Because:
- Galluna Island Arc, main villain was Leon which wasn't take out by Natsu, and Deliora was dead thanks to Ur;
- Phantom Lord Arc, while Gajeel was the villain the biggest thread there was Jose, which even Erza struggled with him, and She's Erza xD, and Makarov took care of that;
- Tower of Heaven Arc & Oracion Seis Arc, Natsu went DF mode and won against those two;
- Edolas Arc, team effort Natsu, Gajeel and Wendy took care of that robotic Dragon;
- Tenrou Island Arc, main thread was Hades, again team effort Team Natsu + Laxus defeated him;
- Grande Magic Game Arc, Natsu won against F!Rogue, though he got helped by Atlas Flame... let's count it as Natsu on his own, whatever;
- Tartarus Arc, main thread was Mard Geer, final boss/villain how you wanna call him, Natsu & Gray fought him, and Gray delivered the final blow.
- Avatar Arc, Natsu defeats "God" of War (although it's more like a summoned beast, but whatever).
Well idk why I pointed those out. But role of the supporting characters (like it or not lol), is to support the main ones, that's their roles. It's like you're saying (this is just a example) why is Luffy the only one who takes care of the boss, in almost every arc??? Or Naruto, Ichigo. Only manga I saw where the main characters don't go to the boss battles (from the top of my head ofc, there could be others lol) is Hunter x Hunter.
Jun 15, 2015 8:44 AM
Oct 2013
metsujin said:

Well idk why I pointed those out. But role of the supporting characters (like it or not lol), is to support the main ones, that's their roles. It's like you're saying (this is just a example) why is Luffy the only one who takes care of the boss, in almost every arc??? Or Naruto, Ichigo. Only manga I saw where the main characters don't go to the boss battles (from the top of my head ofc, there could be others lol) is Hunter x Hunter.

It still leads to alot of confusion because Natsu was never explained to be "the strongest" which makes it necessary for Hiro to pull power ups and friendship speeches out of his ass to somehow justify guys like Mira/Laxus or Makarov losing while Natsu beats their enemies.
That´s pretty much the worst thing about Fairy Tails narrative and before you come up with the arguments how other Shounen do that, no they don´t .Naruto is a good example of powerlevels while keeping the MC important. Untill he faced Pain he never won any fight against a villain besides Gaara. And Gaara was a team effort.

Furhtermore why do you keep calling that Dragon thing a team effort? I do not believe that Wendy had any meaningful imapct on taht, in general untill the Face incident, Wendy was always mere support.That´s why this arc is so important because it evolved so many characters and reversed their roles since forever.
Jun 15, 2015 8:58 AM

Jun 2013
Isterio said:
It still leads to alot of confusion because Natsu was never explained to be "the strongest" which makes it necessary for Hiro to pull power ups and friendship speeches out of his ass to somehow justify guys like Mira/Laxus or Makarov losing while Natsu beats their enemies.
That´s pretty much the worst thing about Fairy Tails narrative and before you come up with the arguments how other Shounen do that, no they don´t .Naruto is a good example of powerlevels while keeping the MC important. Untill he faced Pain he never won any fight against a villain besides Gaara. And Gaara was a team effort.

Furhtermore why do you keep calling that Dragon thing a team effort? I do not believe that Wendy had any meaningful imapct on taht, in general untill the Face incident, Wendy was always mere support.That´s why this arc is so important because it evolved so many characters and reversed their roles since forever.

But Wendy did provide support, plus she's still young. Well I said this a lot of times, but the Dragon Slayers seem to have gotten stronger after the dragons came out of them.
Jun 15, 2015 9:01 AM
Jan 2014
Metsujin,if you want to speak about favoritism in fairy tail,maybe you should see bleach or naruto. idon't even think I need to speak further about this,but I will just say the following

In every manga there is going to be favoritism. However,fairy tail does it's best to develop most of it's main caracters or give them the occasional spotlight.

It's a literary work. I have never seen a theater play,a movie,a rpg,or even a book,where there is no favoritism and everyone in the plot is equally important. That simply doesn't exist.

In every manga the heroes are gonna win and the villains will be fodderized.

What interests me is the journey,the process,not it's conclusion and results. If anyone here disagrees, simply stop reading manga. Honestly,this is pointless.

Plus,you are also being a hypocrite. Sting is sabertooth's guildmaster and he can go risk his limb against tartarus,while Erza needs to stay home taking care of the kitchen.

Natsu is THE protagonist here,the spotlight is his. The main reason of almost all the events in fairy tail is because of Natsu's existence and Zeref's actions. Honestly,if don't like him,just don't mind him. Disliking too much a manga's protagonist is recipe for disaster.
hello09Jun 15, 2015 9:06 AM
Jun 15, 2015 9:07 AM

Jun 2013
hello09 said:
Metsujin,if you want to speak about favoritism in fairy tail,maybe you should see bleach or naruto. idon't even think I need to speak further about this,but I will just say the following

In every manga there is going to be favoritism. However,fairy tail does it's best to develop most of it's main caracters or give them the occasional spotlight.

It's a literary work. I have never seen a theater play,a movie,a rpg,or even a book,where there is no favoritism and everyone in the plot is equally important. That simply doesn't exist.

In every manga the heroes are gonna win and the villains will be fodderized.

What interests me is the journey,the process,not it's conclusion and results. If anyone here disagrees, simply stop reading manga. Honestly,this is pointless.

Plus,you are also being a hypocrite. Sting is sabertooth's guildmaster and he can go risk his limb against tartarus,while Erza needs to stay home taking care of the kitchen. Natsu is THE protagonist here. The only reason there is a plot in fairy tail is because of Natsu's existence.

I'm confused, I'm defending this because people say only the main characters get spotlight, well yeah, isn't the role of the supporting characters to support the main ones???
I mean, I know that, it happens in everything. People just like others characters better and want them to shine more, and I don't disagree I would want to see more of them too, but some supporting character get to shine too, not as much as the main ones, true, but they do.
Jun 15, 2015 9:22 AM

Jun 2013
Looks like Erza is already acting like true Guild Master.

....But Looks like as we expeted...TEAM NATSU HEADS FOR A WAR!!!! So it will now be....720 Guilds vs what...6 People and 2 Cats...and Ni Gajeel... and did Erza just order not to get unnecessary fights....It is NATSU we are talking HERE!!!!

...B Team...XD LOL!!! GAJEEL HAS LEARNED COBRA'S ABILITY HUH!!!! Oh Erza's face when she learns about Team B!!! XD THIS WILL BE HILARIOUS!

Finally the Four Kings are showing themselves. Number 3 is easily pissed off it seems. The Second Strongest of them is New Chairman..[size=200]and Vampire-Elf?[/size]

...11 of THEM!!!!??! ....Bye Bye Natsu and Team A and B....was nice to know you....You are so getting you asses handed to you in first 1-3 fights you get....and Then They Get Power Boost and wipe all 12 Strongest Wizards out in One-One Fights ( that most likely sums up entire Arbaless Arc)

JarjaxleJun 15, 2015 9:30 AM
Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival.~Winston Churchill

"Fate of the universe will be Decided as it SHOULD be, in MORTAL KOMBAT!" ~Elder Gods

"Justice WILL Prevail?" "But OF COURSE IT WILL!! WHOEVER WINS, BECOMES THE JUSTICE!!!" ~Donquixote Doflamingo (King, Pirate, Shichibukai, Philosopher(?) (One Piece))
Jun 15, 2015 9:35 AM

Jun 2013
AJWilliams said:
metsujin said:
Nice chapter, second seat is a vampire? Third seems to have the same magic as Elfman. Everyone else thought God Serena will be a female?

My thoughts exactly..... Dracula lookn mf. Hiro paying homage to the late Christopher Lee perhaps? Chapter was okay, The 4 kings were a little underwhelming but w/e. Hope we get to See some Laxus soon.

Lee IS DEAD!?!....that is Sad News
Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival.~Winston Churchill

"Fate of the universe will be Decided as it SHOULD be, in MORTAL KOMBAT!" ~Elder Gods

"Justice WILL Prevail?" "But OF COURSE IT WILL!! WHOEVER WINS, BECOMES THE JUSTICE!!!" ~Donquixote Doflamingo (King, Pirate, Shichibukai, Philosopher(?) (One Piece))
Jun 15, 2015 9:57 AM
Oct 2013
metsujin said:

I'm confused, I'm defending this because people say only the main characters get spotlight, well yeah, isn't the role of the supporting characters to support the main ones???
I mean, I know that, it happens in everything. People just like others characters better and want them to shine more, and I don't disagree I would want to see more of them too, but some supporting character get to shine too, not as much as the main ones, true, but they do.

The point is not that the prots are having the most screentime, the problem is "How the supporting cast get´s treated in favor of the main cast".

Jiraya in Naruto is a support character he still was stronger than any of the MCs including Kakashi for half the manga.

Hiro is constantly trolling his characters for the sake of the Main cast, "outside of filler" that´s important, many series like to do that during Filler and One Piece has a Luffy fetish. But Luffy is established as the strongest member of his crew, it´s consistent.

It´s implied that Gray is equally strong as Natsu, but Gray has several loses under his belt. Natsu has one troll loss against the owl guy during tower of heaven that´s it.
Gajeel the other Rival, get´s basicly always trolled alongside Elfman, Laxus and Mira.
Don´t let me get started on Mystogun and Gildarts.

Fairy tail has by far the worst most inconsistent powerlevels from any battle shounen I´ve come across till today. And Hiro knows to do better. Hiro wrote Rave and the powerlevels were consistant in that, some fights were boring cause oneshots, but the guy who got beaten got replaced by someone stronger so it was ok. And don´t get me wrong there was some really bad writing. Acapella Island was atrocious, but he never failed to get his powerlevels right in that series.
Jun 15, 2015 9:59 AM
Jun 2015
no matter what hype , i just can't get excited ..... "enough" , the strongest two of the series were already appeared , Zeref and Acnologia

unless those 2 are dealt with , no one can threaten the existence of human in anyway that can compare to them

and guess what , the only1 can deal with at least 1 of those two is Natsu , our main character , so what is there for us to worry about when the the enemy is not them ....

that being said , well , it's still interesting to follow the manga , although Fairy tail's logic is shit , some characters are shit too , and those battles are shit for winning in such shitty ways sometimes , but the "STORY TELLING" is still good

just , i can't feel any "REAL" danger for our main characters , Fairy tail , the real 2 super bosses are not in action yet , just take your time fairy tail , keep amusing us untill those 2 move their asses
Jun 15, 2015 10:08 AM

Jun 2013
Isterio said:
The point is not that the prots are having the most screentime, the problem is "How the supporting cast get´s treated in favor of the main cast".

Jiraya in Naruto is a support character he still was stronger than any of the MCs including Kakashi for half the manga.

Hiro is constantly trolling his character for the sake of the Main cast, "outside of filler" that´s important, many series like to do that during Filler and One Piece has a Luffy fetish as well. But Luffy is established as the strongest member of his crew.

It´s implied that Gray is equally strong as Natsu, somehow but Gray has several loses under his belt. Natsu has one troll loss against the owl guy.

Gajeel the other Rival, get´s basicly always trolled alongside Elfman, Laxus and Mira.
Don´t let me get started on Mystogun and Gildarts.

Fairy tail has by far the worst most inconsistent powerlevels from any battle shounen I´ve come across till today. And Hiro knows to do better. Hiro wrote Rave and the powerlevels were consistant in that, some fights were boring cause oneshots, but the guy who got beaten got replaced by someone stronger so it was ok.
[quote=Isterio]
metsujin said:

Not counting the others guild members, Natsu lost to Gildarts.

He was "defeated" by Zero, tho he got up and fought him again. He did lose against the owl dude, he also lost the first time against F!Rogue. Jackal took him out of the battle, recovered thanks to Wendy, Acnologia destroying shit. Natsu has his loses too.

I really got pissed at that Gajeel stuff, really pissed. There's rarely a series that treats its characters (supporting) good, again from the top of my head, I only got Hunter x Hunter (could be others), Naruto too actually, just examples.

They're not that inconsistent to me, and if you're gonna say "There's a powerful villain, and FT got powerful mages, but Natsu takes them out.". He does it with help, and I'm talking about Zero, Jellal, Hades, F!Rogue, Mard Geer (Gajeel was not the biggest thread in Phantom Lord). Again this is my own opinion, I give facts you give facts, who's right or wrong? Who knows.
metsujinJun 15, 2015 11:03 AM
Jun 15, 2015 10:44 AM
May 2015
My hype was killed
Jun 15, 2015 11:19 AM
Oct 2013
metsujin said:

They're not that inconsistent to me, and if you're gonna say "There's a powerful villain, and FT got powerful mages, but Natsu takes them out.". He does it with help, and I'm talking about Zero, Jellal, Hades, F!Rogue, Mard Geer (Gajeel was not the biggest thread in Phantom Lord). Again this is my own opinion, I give facts you give facts, who's right or wrong? Who knows.

The quotes come from quotes Hiro specifically puts into the Manga to give us the readers an idea of the powerlevels within the guild and the Fairy Tail universe.

I had a discussion with my cousin back in the day when Fairy Tail in the manga was around the Tenrous Island arc, I think they barely had come back and we talked about "powerlevels".
He quoted something which made me think, y that´s true but that´s also kinda bullshit.
I was arguing how Gildarts should be the strongest judging by feats then I mentioned Laxus along the lines of second strongest and he said well "Natsu is among them, because he has "determination strength", he get´s stronger when his enemie overpowers him". That concept in itself is stupid because going by that without applying any rules to it "Natsu becomes Superman, he becomes as strong as he needs to be".

Which yeah, the main cast in Batlle shounen has to win, but not always in that obvious way.

See this "superman concept" can be done right and it was done right by none other than Kubo, who get´s alot of shit for his writing. But he managed to explain the concept of a character getting conveniently stronger the momment he needs it without explanation in a reasonable way. Simply by reversing the process.

I don´t wanna spoil, but within the Bleach series there is a flashback for a character that was struggling with his enemies in every fight, but beating them all of sudden by powering up. This character get´s revealed to have unconciously nerfed himself in the past therefore the power he was accesing all the time wasn´t really a power up but actually power he would have acces too if he wouldn´t have nerfed himself in the past.
It´s not a good explanation but it´s reasonable, because it limits the characters capacities to his maximum potential he used to have during his prime, no more.

If this character wants to surpass his prime he´d actually have to go training, which is a reasonable way to strengthen characters or get a power up with explanation like Jellals Golden flame. Btw I hate Oda´s way of growing Luffy it´s Bullshit it´s a plothole to the story and it´s the same deal as with Natsu, which is why I´m not a fan of Luffy and have a dislike for Natsu.

More a dislike for Natsu, because Hiro refuses to just put him on the top of the food chain and let´s Laxus and Erza onehit him while Gildarts intimidates him to the point where he doesn´t even try. I do not count those "defeats" as regular losses but show us his groth Hiro. Either he has surpassed them or not.

Because if he´s gonna apply the past logic again then the whole timeskip had no purpose since Natsu would become stronger during his fights anyway as long as the plot demands it.
IsterioJun 15, 2015 11:45 AM
Jun 15, 2015 11:35 AM
Jun 2015
I have no complaints about Natsu having to become this powerful. After all, he's END created by Zeref and God Serena is not at his level. Zeref was cursed some godly magic that left him like that.

And also don't forget Acnologia. I was thinking that the last chapters of this arc will trigger Natsu's END. (Dunno just guessing.)

There's still some things needed to be answered as what is behind Natsu's bandage over his arm. It might reveal something from his training possibly a secret power or anything.. :/

Tho I liked the chapter, it's just about introduction of the 4 Ishgar wizards which is kinda boring for me. I hope Hiro would somehow minimize Natsu's glory. Hate to admit it, but it's getting pretty annoying.
Jun 15, 2015 11:56 AM

Dec 2014
I have a bad feeling about this arc. With the two Fairy Tail teams moving towards enemy territory it feels like it could quickly turn into a classic scenario. The one aspect that gives me hope is that they mentioned the Council had drawn up defense plans, and they placed 12 really strong magicians on the side of Alvarez. But by doing that we know the end will just be a bunch of epic 1v1s. I was really hoping for something that was different than the past arcs. Not impossible, but my excitement is lessened.
Jun 15, 2015 12:28 PM
May 2015
Seven reasons why my hype was killed for this arc
1. Erza is going
2. Natsu is on a stealth mission
3. Gajeel developed cobras powers... which means team A will get beat down at some point and team b will step in to save them.... also there is an opening for cobra hearing too and CS rescues team A/B at some point... predictable: juvia will save gray, mira or jellal will help erza, laxus or gajeel steps in to one shot some random bad guy hurting wendy... cana potentially goes to find Gildarts
4. so many people are finding out about this "secret' that has been around for 100 years in two chapters....not much of a secret...... and the empire is full of idiots because they clearly could have just sent a spy to infiltrate fairy tail
5. the top 3 wizards saints............. not impressed
6. the guy looks like yuryh meaning that my long suspected reason for fairy tail zero was to spoil something right before it happen in the main series...... predictable
7. who the freak is guarding the LH? the fodder members of ft....... ok attack now! the coast is clear
Jun 15, 2015 12:38 PM

Jun 2013
Isterio said:
The quotes come from quotes Hiro specifically puts into the Manga to give us the readers an idea of the powerlevels within the guild and the Fairy Tail universe.

I had a discussion with my cousin back in the day when Fairy Tail in the manga was around the Tenrous Island arc, I think they barely had come back and we talked about "powerlevels".
He quoted something which made me think, y that´s true but that´s also kinda bullshit.
I was arguing how Gildarts should be the strongest judging by feats then I mentioned Laxus along the lines of second strongest and he said well "Natsu is among them, because he has "determination strength", he get´s stronger when his enemie overpowers him". That concept in itself is stupid because going by that without applying any rules to it "Natsu becomes Superman, he becomes as strong as he needs to be".

Which yeah, the main cast in Batlle shounen has to win, but not always in that obvious way.

See this "superman concept" can be done right and it was done right by none other than Kubo, who get´s alot of shit for his writing. But he managed to explain the concept of a character getting conveniently stronger the momment he needs it without explanation in a reasonable way. Simply by reversing the process.

I don´t wanna spoil, but within the Bleach series there is a flashback for a character that was struggling with his enemies in every fight, but beating them all of sudden by powering up. This character get´s revealed to have unconciously nerfed himself in the past therefore the power he was accesing all the time wasn´t really a power up but actually power he would have acces too if he wouldn´t have nerfed himself in the past.
It´s not a good explanation but it´s reasonable, because it limits the characters capacities to his maximum potential he used to have during his prime, no more.

If this character wants to surpass his prime he´d actually have to go training, which is a reasonable way to strengthen characters or get a power up with explanation like Jellals Golden flame. Btw I hate Oda´s way of growing Luffy it´s Bullshit it´s a plothole to the story and it´s the same deal as with Natsu, which is why I´m not a fan of Luffy and have a dislike for Natsu.

More a dislike for Natsu, because Hiro refuses to just put him on the top of the food chain and let´s Laxus and Erza onehit him while Gildarts intimidates him to the point where he doesn´t even try. I do not count those "defeats" as regular losses but show us his groth Hiro. Either he has surpassed them or not.

Because if he´s gonna apply the past logic again then the whole timeskip had no purpose since Natsu would become stronger during his fights anyway as long as the plot demands it.

Aren't Natsu flames powerful based on his emotions? A lot of people pointed that out through out the series. I get what you're saying, but I just wanted to point out, that the big bosses until now where taken out with help, not Natsu alone, he didn't do the classic, villain uses most powerful attack, gets up uses full strength or something.

Zero, points out that Dragon Force is the closest power to that of a dragon, and we saw Natsu and the others into DF mode, and didn't do that much damage compared to what dragons do, that might've been because the dragons were sleeping inside them, and preventing DF reaching it's "full potential" (that of killing dragons), take the dragon slayers from 400 years ago as an example, the could kill dragons, yet this dragon slayers couldn't, and they learned the magic the same way the ones from the past did, but still couldn't do shit against them. Point is Dragon Slaying magic is one of the powerful type of magics in FT, since it can kill a dragon, and dragons are arguably the most powerful beings in the FT universe, excluding this god that cursed Zeref.

This is why I don't like comparing series, because the stuff is different and everything works within that respective universe. Also to point out one more thing, we never saw Gildarts go full strength, not once, he always needs to be focused otherwise he'd wreck shit unintentionally. Just imagine him going all out.
Jun 15, 2015 12:53 PM
Oct 2013
metsujin said:

This is why I don't like comparing series, because the stuff is different and everything works within that respective universe. Also to point out one more thing, we never saw Gildarts go full strength, not once, he always needs to be focused otherwise he'd wreck shit unintentionally. Just imagine him going all out.

I actually have a theory that will tie down any plothole/powerscaling issues for the series.
The final reveal will be that the "true magic" basicly the source for any magic existing within the Fairy tail universe is love.

So since Love fuels everything the power of feelings is a legitimate way to explain everything, Natsu just being the most emotional guy of them all. It´s a cheap cop out in my book and I´m still expecting this reveal but hoping that Hiro will put out some rules so that it´s not just a cheap cop out to excuse bad writing, because some slight will apply.
Jun 15, 2015 1:37 PM

Mar 2011
I'm going to persist for one more time and say it may not be Yuri. Besides the antenae haircut there is another difference...no large eyelashes

Maybe it's a deliberate artistic design to make him look more menacing, but still, don't get ahead of yourselves
"But don't cry my friends, we are all the same.Every one of us is a human with "H" capital...
and now we are two and one of us has to be shit."
-Mr.Freeman
Jun 15, 2015 1:40 PM

Sep 2013
Serena is still with ishgar, he's just delaying the enemy in his own way.
yes and I put my for that he is Yuri, if warren is alive he could be too, plus serena is a girls name just like yuri :)
Gildartz is still the strongest mage in ishgar, how can anyone say natsu is as strong?

gildartz, laxus, natsu, erza, gray, gajeel, mira, sabertooth, jellal, oracion seis, council member 2 ,3 and 4, leon, kagura, lucy + spirits, wendy VS 12 spriggans

the other guilds, the giants from flares village XD VS alverez

Yeah I think Ishgar has got this :)
ichii_1Jun 15, 2015 1:43 PM
Jun 15, 2015 1:43 PM

Apr 2008
ichii_1 said:
Serena is still with ishgar, he's just delaying the enemy in his own way.
yes and I put my for that he is Yuri, if warren is alive he could be too, plus serena is a girls name just like yuri :)
Gildartz is still the strongest mage in ishgar, how can anyone say natsu is as strong?

gildartz, laxus, natsu, erza, gray, gajeel, mira, sabertooth, jellal, oracion seis, council member 2 ,3 and 4, leon, kagura, lucy + spirits, wendy, the other guilds
the giants from flares village could join too XD

Yeah I think Ishgar has got this :)

Yuri isn't a girl name. >_>
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 275 Discussion ( 1 2 )

DuroDeMatar - Mar 16, 2012

52 by aod-kun »»
Yesterday, 6:06 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 268 Discussion ( 1 2 )

BackLashWave - Jan 27, 2012

52 by aod-kun »»
Apr 23, 6:16 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 46 Discussion

Cali4nian - Oct 12, 2009

10 by MAYANK22 »»
Apr 21, 11:30 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 418 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Darklight0303 - Feb 2, 2015

185 by shinytrains »»
Apr 13, 1:00 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 251 Discussion ( 1 2 )

kevin_video - Sep 17, 2011

81 by aod-kun »»
Apr 6, 5:15 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.