Saw these leaked storyboards and it has KyoAni's name on it

May 21, 2015 11:13 AM

Aug 2011
I am extremely sad.
May 22, 2015 11:20 AM

Apr 2014
Raptorchan said:
I am extremely sad.
why would u rather have a b grade studio do this with weak ass animation and art?
May 22, 2015 12:26 PM

Aug 2011
Moodie said:
Raptorchan said:
I am extremely sad.
why would u rather have a b grade studio do this with weak ass animation and art?

Because they only focuses on animation quality and seems to ignore other qualities of anime. I don't trust KyoAni, especially they want to adapt some good manga/LN/etc. In general, they don't make proper adaptations, just "works based on works". So yes, this makes me sad, I loved this manga so much.
May 22, 2015 1:20 PM

Nov 2011
It hasn't been confirmed yet if this will be a TV series or not btw.
May 22, 2015 7:19 PM

Apr 2013
Raptorchan said:
Moodie said:

Because they only focuses on animation quality and seems to ignore other qualities of anime. I don't trust KyoAni, especially they want to adapt some good manga/LN/etc. In general, they don't make proper adaptations, just "works based on works". So yes, this makes me sad, I loved this manga so much.

Can you give an example of a good material ruined by KyoAni? The only example I can think of is Chu2koi Ren, because of big changes KyoAni made (based on what I heard from some people who have read the LN)
Maybe you should realize that good adaptation is not equal to good source material. In other word, if you adapt something bad, the output will probably be bad as well (with some exceptions. Recent example: Kekkai Sensen). It's a different matter if you think the materials they adapted are bad in the first place though.
And if you dislike KyoAni that much, rest assure, high probability that the storyboard is fake. Something like this also happened a year or few years ago.
May 23, 2015 12:52 AM

Aug 2011
TriZen said:

And if you dislike KyoAni that much, rest assure, high probability that the storyboard is fake. Something like this also happened a year or few years ago.

Holy shit, man. You send people messages, but your PM and profile closed to posts from people who not your friend. That's not okay.

At first, sorry for my English, I am not native speaker you can see.
Then, let me explain about adaptations ruined by KyoAni.
Do you even know, Chuu2 novel was completely different from the anime (I don't even say it was Tanaka Romeo's AURA ripoff, it doesn't matter), they, for example, added new main characters (Deko and Kuumin - who is it? Btw, I dropped this show because Deko was TOO annoying for me). And KnK adaptation (people who read it says dialogues are kinda enjoyable, like Monogatari series, not just "I fucking love glasses!" - "Fuyukai desu!!")
Let me explain, I don't dislike KyoAni at all, because I like some KyoAni works (Clannad first season, Kanon, Haruhi first season and Disappearance, Fumoffu and Nichijou), but since 2009 I find every KyoAni anime (except Disappearance at 2010 and Nichijou at 2011) similar to K-ON, and I am not a K-ON fan at all.
That disgusts me, when people saying "It will be another KyoAni masterpiece!" about new upcoming KyoAni anime and after all we get another plain story with same designs. Some people says it doesn't matter if they "improved" the story and designs, but I totally can't deal with it.
So. I know Bakuon!! covers is a sort of parody to "K-ON" covers, but... Now, just try to read it and do not judge book by its cover. It's not even like the K-ON with motorbikes, and last but not least, it have some different designs and some ecchi, because mangaka also a hentai artist (and ecchi probably will be totally cut off because KyoAni policy "Do not sexualize the characters!", examples are pantyshots from Chuu2 and bouncing breasts from Amagi, you probably hear of it) So yes, I really hope picture with storyline was fake and some other studio (maybe Xebec) will adapt those designs and story similar to manga way, not "their own" way.
PS. I find Suzumiya source material very good and adaptation (not endless eight) very proper, literally word-to-word (except few smalll moments).
Have a nice day.
RaptorchanMay 23, 2015 12:58 AM
Jun 23, 2015 6:49 PM

May 2014
Best studio deserves to animate great titles. Tho I don't really know this manga. Gotta watch it if KyoAni is the confirmed studio tho. Will read if the story is good. Anime with KyoAni name in it can never be a disappointing one. Ignore the people with poor taste in art.
"I'm just your typical human being who commit sins just like you. But the difference is that I never lied and tell anyone that what I did was right. I regret and ask for forgiveness from Him."

Why is my signature not anime-related? It's because who gives a fuck? Anyway I'd like to advertise to you this:

SHINGEKI NO KYOJIN IS FOLLOWING A SIMPLE FLOW OF THE STORYLINE. AND IT GETS REPETETIVE IF YOU VIEW IT ON ITS BIGGER PICTURE. WITH A LITTLE PLOT TWIST AND NEW IDEAS, YOU FORGOT THAT IT HAD ALREADY HAPPENED BEFORE.

Also, Tokyo Ghoul is AWESOME. Especially :re.
Jun 28, 2015 1:56 PM
Jan 2014
Raptorchan said:
So. I know Bakuon!! covers is a sort of parody to "K-ON" covers, but... Now, just try to read it and do not judge book by its cover. It's not even like the K-ON with motorbikes, and last but not least, it have some different designs and some ecchi

Raptorchan said:
I don't trust KyoAni, especially they want to adapt some good manga/LN/etc. In general, they don't make proper adaptations, just "works based on works". So yes, this makes me sad, I loved this manga so much.
Dec 28, 2015 9:46 PM

Nov 2011
Actually, TMS Entertainment is.
Dec 28, 2015 9:48 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Stark700 said:
Actually, TMS Entertainment is.

Well .. thats kinda disappoiting.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Jun 22, 2017 3:03 PM

Jul 2015
From what I've seen, the Bakuon! anime was very good, so the studio did do a good job with the series. I liked seeing the storyboard illustrations too, very interesting.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bakuon!! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 20, 2016

87 by Archean-Return »»
Aug 7, 2023 6:49 PM

Poll: » Bakuon!! Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 13, 2016

57 by Archean-Return »»
Aug 7, 2023 6:05 PM

Poll: » Bakuon!! Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 6, 2016

45 by Archean-Return »»
Aug 7, 2023 5:36 PM

Poll: » Bakuon!! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 30, 2016

63 by Archean-Return »»
Aug 7, 2023 5:03 PM

Poll: » Bakuon!! Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - May 23, 2016

49 by Archean-Return »»
Aug 7, 2023 1:58 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.