Forum Settings
Forums
New
May 11, 2015 11:00 AM
Mar 2015
So i know we have quite a few threads already on the discussion of the series vs the movie and which one should the newcomers watch.
But I feel I need to add my own input on this in a new thread to not get over looked.

Since I've literally just finished the movie and scanned through all the episodes
I can say, unlike most of the posts i've read, that the movie DOES NOT contain
every scene from the original OVA's.
Some may consider these scenes to be "fat" that the movie does not need, but i disagree.
At least 7 different scenes throughout the 6 episodes were cut, the estimate total is about 5-10mins. which is nearly the same compared to the new scenes that were added.
I really don't know why the creator removed these scenes.
They did nothing but add a little more to the atmosphere, and background story.
And a little bit on the present time of the story as well.

so my advice would be to watch both.
doesn't matter in what order, as long as you can watch all the scenes that
were apart of this story.
Below I will include a brief description on what's missing from the movie.

Jul 7, 2015 9:35 AM

Dec 2014
Would you mind telling me what scenes the movie had that the series didn't? It'd be greatly appreciated.
Jul 7, 2015 11:03 AM
Mar 2015
sorry
the only added scene i can call out is the epilogue scene after the credits.
showing the past story for Nagi and her dad/foster dad.

i watched the movie first and than scanned through the OVA's for scenes i didn't recognize. so i can't really call out scenes that were new in the movie since
90% of the OVA was in the movie, a few background scenes were swapped but other than that.
it's fairly identical besides the scenes i pointed out in the last post.

if i were you. i'd watch both. in any order.
Jun 29, 2016 4:16 PM

Jun 2016
I've just finished the movie and never watched the series. I don't know about other scenes but the last scene in ep 6 seems important. I mean, rhe sister giving a flower to Sammy. I'd like to see that in the movie. It'd strengthen the idea of humans and robots being together in a much more positive atmosphere.

By the way, thanks for mentioning the skipped scenes!
Jun 29, 2016 10:08 PM
Mar 2015
i recommend checking out the rest of the series for those missing parts.

i keep telling myself to one day take both rips from the movie and ova's and just
cut together my own little remux edit.
i really don't understand why the director took out original scenes.
they hardly took up much time and they added a bit more to this world he created.
Aug 23, 2020 7:21 AM

Jul 2013
KaeDeeSss said:

i keep telling myself to one day take both rips from the movie and ova's and just
they hardly took up much time and they added a bit more to this world he created.

if you ever got around to doing this, id watch it

4 years later lol
Just an anime fan, doing what an anime fan does
Aug 27, 2020 6:34 AM
Mar 2015
Strikefreedom117 said:
KaeDeeSss said:

4 years later lol

hahahaha oof I totally forgot about this. After thinking about how I would do this, I think I just came to the same conclusion I got to 4 years ago. Splicing the subtitles together would be a very annoying task and so I never bothered trying. Not gonna lie, this did bring back some interest. If I do attempt it, I'll report back. No promises..
Dec 28, 2020 4:43 PM
Apr 2019
Kirik0h said:
Would you mind telling me what scenes the movie had that the series didn't? It'd be greatly appreciated.

Well have now just watched and remember that the new material was Sammy and doing her hair, the last bits talking about Nagi, the first bits too, also a few scnes of Sammy remembering the past of the MC

That's what i can remember
Apr 7, 2023 7:48 AM
Apr 2016
KaeDeeSss said:
Strikefreedom117 said:

4 years later lol

hahahaha oof I totally forgot about this. After thinking about how I would do this, I think I just came to the same conclusion I got to 4 years ago. Splicing the subtitles together would be a very annoying task and so I never bothered trying. Not gonna lie, this did bring back some interest. If I do attempt it, I'll report back. No promises..

I would watch it too if it was made :-)
7 years later (this topic is a real time machine)
Apr 22, 2023 12:42 AM
Mar 2015
DLucas said:
KaeDeeSss said:

I would watch it too if it was made :-)
7 years later (this topic is a real time machine)
haha sorry mate, I don't think I'll ever get the time to do this, especially since I may not have the files anymore. I def recommend checking out both the movie and show though.
Jul 23, 2023 12:48 AM

Dec 2009
I personally watched the series and the movie right after at the same time, pausing at wherever the episode ended to follow it with the movie and repeat that every episode the first time.

It's so good, it's worth doing that first time you watch this IMO, or right after completing one of them.

I'm surprised I never wrote in detail about the differences. I thought I did, but no...

... I forgot Rikuo's father was the or a creator of robots himself though... In the movie, he's never mentioned at all. 
As if Shiotsuki replaced his role, unless they're both creators. Who knows.
I might skim rewatch through the series later.
waalex11Jul 23, 2023 8:44 PM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Eve no Jikan (movie) Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Jinjos - Sep 4, 2010

177 by Archean-Return »»
Sep 16, 2023 11:53 PM

» 8 years, no sequel

JuanBaldez - Jan 22, 2018

12 by waalex11 »»
Jul 22, 2023 9:26 PM

» is chie human?

SwordWielder - Nov 28, 2010

8 by scarvig »»
Oct 21, 2022 7:42 PM

» Eve no Jikan (Time of Eve)

KaeDeeSss - May 11, 2015

3 by ibraheem234 »»
Nov 19, 2015 3:04 AM

» Eve no Jikan ONA or Movie?

JEEESHH - Sep 13, 2014

9 by JetFury »»
Jan 23, 2015 6:08 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.