Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 8, 2015 1:33 PM

Jul 2012
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
It was quite boring and the mystery lacked a hook. Like most other Kindaichi mysteries, it's quite forgettable.
Jun 23, 2017 7:16 AM

Oct 2014
yeah it was average at best 5/10
Nov 5, 2018 5:33 AM

Oct 2012
I don't know why they put Akechi & Gentlemen thief between, I guess to pad the time

Kindaichi never learnt xD
"Signature removed"
Aug 20, 2019 1:15 PM

Jul 2011
I feel like this special wasn't that great.

It was both too long to be a one parter and too simple to be a longer case.

In the end there was only really one mystery (the murder of the nurse) since the first one got glossed over and the trick wasn't anything special. Also while the Akechi part wasn't bad, I wonder if the entire case could have been made into a one parter by removing it.
Aug 19, 2021 12:40 PM
Jul 2018
The part were they meet Eiko while searching for the death god made it so obvious she was the killer just because of how many times this has been done previously. The actual mystery ended up being only one mystery and Kindaichi didn't even had a real proof that Eiko was the killer just because of how much mental gymnastics the mirror thing could have lead to, yet she still admitted, ok lol. Including Akechi in the case didn't really mean anything except the final phrase which lead to Kindaichi solving the case although for his standards, he should have done it all by himself. Moreover, the gentleman thief thing just happens like that without much content, maybe atleast they could have showed something like how Akechi might have outsmarted her considering how much the anime tries to hype up Akechi or they could have shown literally anything related to her, but nope. Also, the last part with Eiko with the position of killing the doctor even though she brags about her brother being so dedicated to medicine and her reacting to the other nurse like how she is the most professional nurse around here and then the unnecessary drama during the operation was so cringe to watch, but I guess there is some deep meanings to it. Anyway, some of the moments were pretty cool, the black cat was cool and it had some moments of great directing and obviously some nice thicc legs aboard Queen Angelica. CDs of the characters felt slightly different but that was for the better giving them a fresh look although not by some huge mergin.
Oct 1, 2021 9:57 PM

Nov 2015
lol whut? they were all relatives in that hospital.. doctors can't take care of family members which make this story ridiculous... well, there's a lot of things wrong with this that aren't worth mentioning tho *gasps*

đź’˘

Apr 2, 2022 7:54 PM

Oct 2018
Ehh, it was very meh. All these specials are more or less average. This one also a change in the character designs which was a welcoming one. The killer was pretty obvious which made it worse. Nice directing in some scenes and some leg fan-service.
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.