Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
My Youth Romantic Comedy Is Wrong, As I Expected (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
May 1, 2015 2:12 AM

Nov 2009
What the 2 guys above me said. I can't stand Yukino, mostly because she has no real character development, hell in season 2 she has probably less lines than her sister who is a supporting character. Yui while a bit annoying at least has some sorts of personality. At this point I would say that even Ebina in two episodes had more character growth than Yukino. I will go with Shizuka because she actually showed that she cares for 8man and is less annoying than Yui, while Yukino is always in PMS mode towards 8man without any real reason. Besides Shizuka also needs some love xD
May 1, 2015 2:14 AM

Sep 2014
Man, I would sure like Shizuka to 'win'.
It's so unlikely, but if this ever happens, I'm gonna bump this from 6/10 to 10/10 and add it to my favourites
May 1, 2015 2:14 AM

May 2014
Yui is the essence of what Hachiman needs in his life. Yuki is the ugly creature from hell that not even demons would want. So my fave is 1. Yui 2. Komachi
Minori Kushieda Forever <3

May 1, 2015 2:23 AM

Nov 2009
Imaishi said:
It's so unlikely, but if this ever happens, I'm gonna bump this from 6/10 to 10/10 and add it to my favourites
Let's not lose hope yet.
May 1, 2015 2:38 AM

Jun 2008
NudeBear said:
Why are they bad characters? Give us reasons. Don't just say "what is" and expect us to take your word at face value.

Yukino is highly pretentious and conceded....some characters are able to make it work, NOT her, not IMO at least.

She's also anti-social and has not given me one single reason why I should like her other than her looks and the fact that she's a main character.

And you know what....I'm willing to admit that in OTHER anime I can like a certain female character solely based on her looks and her MC status....so I don't want to be a hypocrite about this....but damn, I really can't take that stance when the personality of the girl is this shitty.

Yui, is definitely better....even though I see her as a typical energetic but dumb individual, at least she comes across as a genuinely nice person.

The reason I believe she's a "bad" character is admittedly more subjective than objective.

At least that's what I interpret anyways....I could be wrong....I'm willing to admit I could be very wrong about Yui.

But not Yukino....definitely not her.

As for Hachiman...yup, he's also pretentious.....in fact he's one of the most pretentious characters I've seen.

But since we see the majority of the story from his view point, we're able to fully take in his thoughts and mannerisms and we can appreciate his methods and why he is the way he is.

We can't do the same for Yukino....so she just comes across as a bitch.

I'm sure if we couldn't do the same for Hachiman, I'd think the dude was a huge DICK/Scumbag.
--ALEX--May 1, 2015 2:44 AM
May 1, 2015 2:48 AM

Dec 2014
Imaishi said:

Hehehe
Now i am pretty sure you're types are mature women.. ^_^
And also Hiratsuka-sensei was also voiced by the one who did Satsuki from Kill la Kill..
May 1, 2015 2:56 AM
Apr 2015
Why not ShiroMeguri-senpai.?
Hachiman likes, respects her, Haruno also and Sensei too, even Yukinoshita and Yui.

Last scene of episode 5 make me feel that she will be the best girl of this show. A flawless girl.
May 1, 2015 3:03 AM

Jul 2008
Yukino has always been primed for top spot but Yui will give her a good run for her money.
May 1, 2015 3:05 AM

Apr 2015
After the recent episode, I'll have to agree that Yukino is an annoying character. I mean, I know she can't help but be pretentious and everything, but god damn. She always has some sort of issue with Hachiman, even when he works his ass off. Yui proving once again, that she is objectively the best girl ever.
[size=67]My profile | "A real man is someone who prepares himself for death before he eats breakfast every morning."
May 1, 2015 5:33 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Yui by a landslide.

What does Yukinon actually expect? She doesn't even really try to speak with Hachiman, just puts out those one-liners and then walks away. That's not how you do things. I'm just waiting for her backstory cause there must be something that we are missing here. As for now, i don't like her one bit.
May 1, 2015 5:40 AM
Apr 2015
Saki, she's a future wife kind. And absolutely can feed 8man.

As for the 2nd, Hiratsuka Sensei, because someone should go marry her.
ee23eMay 1, 2015 5:43 AM
"I wasn’t a victim so things like pity and compassion weren’t necessary. Even though I was the one who arrogantly said that."
May 1, 2015 5:58 AM
Jan 2013
Lol, this thread is more entertaining than a movie. Love how half of you are calling yukino a bitch. Even though she's literally the same from last season. I'm not going to force my opinion but season 1 barely had character development cause it was a set-up for this season, so for people saying,"yukino had no development" is still a lie, get a reminder and watch season 1 again. She's probably the only who got actually development last season cause hachiman is still the same as before(for now that is....). Hell I'll even use hachiman's quote,"People dont change so easily."

TL;DR Yukino best girl, because she's the most interesting female character and OTP.
kitkatxzMay 1, 2015 2:32 PM
May 1, 2015 5:59 AM

Oct 2009
I really liked Ebina, I really hope she got more development because she is a really sharp character, maybe on par with 8man and Haruno. However her depth often downplayed by her homophilia antics or the role of clown-comic relief characters.

She was like the Cheshire cat of the show, always there in the background and sometimes popped out for amusement, while on other rare times raises some insights and riddles to the main character like an oracle.

Also she wears a red frame glasses complete with the glaring lens shield.
There's no going back for me, Ebina is love, Ebina is life.
The most important things in life is the people that you care about
May 1, 2015 6:58 AM

Feb 2015
JustALEX said:
As for Hachiman...yup, he's also pretentious.....in fact he's one of the most pretentious characters I've seen.

But since we see the majority of the story from his view point, we're able to fully take in his thoughts and mannerisms and we can appreciate his methods and why he is the way he is.

We can't do the same for Yukino....so she just comes across as a bitch.

I'm sure if we couldn't do the same for Hachiman, I'd think the dude was a huge DICK/Scumbag.

These sentences alone should help you realize how much of a prejudgemental person and shallow anime watcher you are. Instead of saying how much a bad person Yukino is etc, how about you start trying to understand why she is acting like this? And if you can't figure it out, how about you wait until the end, and then post your piece of mind on these characters? One week ago there was no good female character on this show, while this week Komachi is the best imouto ever. Do you see how quickly people's minds change?

As for my piece of mind, I can assure you that there is absolutely no hateable character in this show. They are normal people, just like you and me. They all have their own motivations and insecurities. Not to mention that almost all of them are teenagers, which means that no one actually has ill intentions towards anyone. They are at an age where they are simply trying their best to fit in and find a place in the world.

So how about we all (and I don't mean just you or me, but everyone) stop making fools of ourselves, and reserve our judgements for after the show ends?
May 1, 2015 8:05 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
#YuiMasterRace
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

May 1, 2015 10:43 AM

Nov 2013
#Sensei4Lyfe
The only person who understands Hikigaya. 「SPOILER]
[/SPOILER]
May 1, 2015 2:01 PM
May 2014
Best girl is winning
May 1, 2015 2:04 PM
Sep 2013
Why do people even like Yui. I mean, I can understand why people would dislike Yuki, but what's there likable about Yui?
May 1, 2015 2:33 PM
Jan 2013
Static-Of-65 said:
Why do people even like Yui. I mean, I can understand why people would dislike Yuki, but what's there likable about Yui?

She's nice? Plus there has been more YuixHachiman moments in this season then all of Season 1 put together so yea.....
May 1, 2015 2:40 PM
Sep 2013
That's a vague answer.
May 1, 2015 2:48 PM
Jan 2013
Static-Of-65 said:
That's a vague answer.

Well Yui is a vague person. All we know is that she's nice and airhead. That's all the anime has shown us so, unless I'm missing something this means Yukino is confirmed more interesting than Yui. Imo
May 1, 2015 3:02 PM
Sep 2013
I don't know, just being "nice" to me isn't enough, again, I'm not saying Yukino is any better.
May 1, 2015 3:11 PM

Mar 2015
Static-Of-65 said:

Hmm.... probably and mostly because of how Yui treated Hachiman. In the beginning of season 2 we noticed that Yui was against on Hachiman self sacrificing method, but in episode 5 we can see that Yui encouraged Hachiman after knowing that he did it again. Yui have Hachiman's back for sometime in this season 2. Also she's the person who actually cares for Hachiman, other than Komachi, Totsuka, and the sensei (probably Yukino, but she's rather vague). She also cared a lot about the club's condition because she don't want to break any relationship with the club. She's the "nice girl" Hachiman talked about, the kind of person that is nice to everyone, even people like the blonde that likes Hayato.

May 1, 2015 3:24 PM
May 2015
Totsuka Saika takes the cake! Best girl!

But give me Yui.
May 1, 2015 5:46 PM
Oct 2012
Static-Of-65 said:

OK which type of answer do you want me to give you? the superficial answer? She has bigger breasts, and looks better than Yukino in that respects. (i like how she looks better than any other character.)

The Personality answer? She can understand someone's feelings and actions to what they do. She is forgiving because she understands someones feelings.

the Soulmate/wife answer? She is someone that you can live with because you can talk to her without starting a yelling match automatically. She is someone you can rely on. Someone you can be honest to since she will be honest.
May 1, 2015 7:57 PM

Nov 2007
Guys need to realize that if you have a Yui in your life, you would probably never have to worry about finding happiness even if it means you may lose out in other aspects of life.

Guys also need to realize that if you have a Yukino in your life, you would probably never have to worry about stuff that really matters, like from clearing year-long mortgage to paying monthly bills, from getting your car fixed to finding some time of your own to watch a football game on Sunday.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
May 1, 2015 8:00 PM

Dec 2014
shanimebib said:
Guys need to realize that if you have a Yui in your life, you would probably never have to worry about finding happiness even if it means you may lose out in other aspects of life.

Guys also need to realize that if you have a Yukino in your life, you would probably never have to worry about stuff that really matters, like from clearing year-long mortgage to paying monthly bills, from getting your car fixed to finding some time of your own to watch a football game on Sunday.

Hehehe you made Yukinon a sugar mama... XD

Hikigaya Yui ftw XD
May 1, 2015 8:06 PM
Oct 2012
testamentKAISER said:
shanimebib said:

Hehehe you made Yukinon a sugar mama... XD

Hikigaya Yui ftw XD
LOL this may me laugh. I rather have Happiness this causes me to work more. XD Hikigaya X Yui FTW
May 1, 2015 8:38 PM

Sep 2012
Sucker for family love (not in an incest way) Komachi has her big brother back and understands him the most and why he's the way is. Though like the others she doesn't like his methods she understands and will stick up or even lend an ear to hear him out, so +1 for her. If I had to chose a girl it couldn't be Yui nor Yukino, I've come across those types of characters a lot especially Yui she's generic, but she has good intention. I'd lean more towards a mature Shizuka because of her personality...That's just me.
May 1, 2015 9:22 PM

Mar 2015
Yui! I don't really know how good her chances are. This is actually a rare time when I really like both girls. Usually I hate one, but they are both likeable. Yukinon grew so much since the first season and yui is just awesome. Going to be great to watch this play out B)
May 1, 2015 10:58 PM

Jun 2008
Fawkey said:
These sentences alone should help you realize how much of a prejudgemental person and shallow anime watcher you are.

lol, I think most shallow anime viewers don't make the sentences I just did.

Most of them would probably say that Yukino is HOT therefore she's a good character.

I'm giving you reasons....you may not like the reasons, but at least I'm giving it to you.

Fawkey said:
One week ago there was no good female character on this show, while this week Komachi is the best imouto ever. Do you see how quickly people's minds change?

Oh please....Komachi is no where near best imouto status.

But she is A good Imouto....not because she likes her brother and is cute, but because she understands him and can forgive him for the way he is, she actually acts like a real family member that accepts one of the family members just the way he is even if they may not actually like it.

Think about Kirino from OreImo....now that is a VERY BAD character and a VERY BAD Imouto.

Her looks do NOT override the fact that she has a shitty personality and she treats her brother like shit when he's trying to help her.

Fawkey said:
So how about we all (and I don't mean just you or me, but everyone) stop making fools of ourselves, and reserve our judgements for after the show ends?

I don't think you have to wait until the show is over to have judgments....

If you love this show and it's characters that is perfectly fine, my initial comment about MALers having "SHIT TASTE" is an obvious hyperbole and shouldn't be treated too seriously.

Personally, there are times I think this is a good show but for the most part I think it's very angsty and has certain elements I dislike.

I do not like Yukino for the reasons I have already stated, in fact I dislike most of the characters....but amazingly I can still be entertained by this show.

That alone should be praised.
May 1, 2015 11:04 PM

Dec 2014
Komachi.
May 2, 2015 8:19 AM

Sep 2014
I actually prefer hiratsuka sensei and kawasaki than the other 2 main girls
May 3, 2015 1:27 AM
Aug 2014
as little as we've seen so far from isshiki i somehow like her the most right now

most of the characters are fine though really
May 3, 2015 8:55 PM

May 2015
Best girl??? obviously Haruno. She alone is superior than everyone in the anime. good personality, good looks, good in everything. yukino is already so good, and haruno is even superior than that. haruno is perfect, 10 out of 10 no doubt the best of the best.
Haruno Yukinoshita best girl
May 3, 2015 9:54 PM

Dec 2014
harunochan said:
Best girl??? obviously Haruno. She alone is superior than everyone in the anime. good personality, good looks, good in everything. yukino is already so good, and haruno is even superior than that. haruno is perfect, 10 out of 10 no doubt the best of the best.

Not counting her Malicious, Soul-sucking personality, yes she is perfect! XD
May 4, 2015 6:20 PM
Jan 2015
Disappointed in the lack of Rumi (loli) in this poll.
指が折れるまで!
May 4, 2015 6:27 PM
Dec 2010
donmc987654 said:

two bad it will not happen in LN, but You can play the route of hiratsuka and date kawasaki in Psp Game.
May 4, 2015 9:38 PM
Jan 2013
Vangis605 said:
Disappointed in the lack of Rumi (loli) in this poll.

That's a little too far here bro....
Let's not get pedophila into this please ty x.x
May 4, 2015 11:15 PM

Dec 2014
orion_momo said:
donmc987654 said:

two bad it will not happen in LN, but You can play the route of hiratsuka and date kawasaki in Psp Game.

The LNs are not over yet, so yeah, don't sink his ship. XD
May 5, 2015 6:02 AM

Apr 2015
Losers should just accept Yui!!!!!!!
#CHEXIT
May 5, 2015 6:31 AM

Apr 2015
I can say with certainty Iroha is the best girl

without spoiling too much, she can easily pull 8man's heartstrings. considering this is 8man I'm talking about, it takes quite the talent to achieve this. and yet she can do it effortlessly.

she had done it even at early stage. remember the cafe?
>I had no brain when I was 12
>Then everyone must had no brain when they were 12
>I experimented 100 samples and proved that they had no brain when they were 12
>Therefore children cannot consent

This is what science has done to humanity.
May 5, 2015 8:47 AM

Jul 2014
Hmmm
I'll be honest here
What I understand from your 'reasons' is, you want all female characters to praise the main male lead, suck up to him, sing his praises, stay by his side and comfort him, etc etc etc
In other words, be the perfect wife.
Now, I don't entirely mind your concept of an ideal woman, but I find your opinion to be largely sexist. Of course, you're free to like what you like and I agree that you are not a shallow anime watcher. No such thing exists in the first place. People value different things in their shows; if y is a shallow anime watcher to x, then x is a pretentious asshole to y. Like two snakes chasing tails, that is mere circle jerking in unintelligent insults.

Anyway, for me, likeability isn't so black and white as who stokes my male ego the most, so Yukino, while with many vices, is still an extremely likeable character to me in that she fiercely wants independence and struggles for it instead of being content in being the main character's (and those who self insert with the main character) self worth generation machine..

Also, don't understand the people complaining about lack of development for Yukino (if that wasn't obvious enough, they act like Yui had some), especially when series isn't even half way through and in middle of an important arc for Yukino. Give the series and its characters some time before making such harsh judgements, even the first season of Oregairu was pretty shitty until last part of episode 5.

Edit: Umberto Eco, one of the leading authorities on narrative and literary fiction, reckons that almost always, enjoying good fiction is a challenging endeavour. Oregairu isn't a work hard to stomach as many others, but perhaps trying to empathise with character's outside of 8man might help in enjoying the show better if people insist on continuing to watch it despite not finding it rewarding. 'She's not narrating, so she comes off as a bitch and so she's a shit character' isn't a very convincing argument because that is equivalent to saying 'I don't want to make an effort to understand or empathise with the characters'. With regard to a show that deals with exploring the consequences of individual differences and perspective, understanding and accepting them; imho, it would be better to drop it altogether instead of suffering through it with such a skewed watching mentality.
TerapinMay 5, 2015 9:09 AM
May 5, 2015 11:39 AM

Jan 2015
harunochan said:

+1

May 5, 2015 12:04 PM

May 2015
testamentKAISER said:
harunochan said:

well, i like that personality alot.

Vercetty said:
harunochan said:

+1

well, i think i might like it but i still won't ship them because haruno is too perfect and hachiman might even drag her character down even if hachiman is already a very good character. hachiman's level is around yukino and yui for me,hachiman, yukino and yui is my 3rd fav characters 2nd being komachi and 1st obviously haruno
Haruno Yukinoshita best girl
May 5, 2015 12:09 PM

Jan 2015
harunochan said:
testamentKAISER said:

well, i like that personality alot.

Vercetty said:

+1

well, i think i might like it but i still won't ship them because haruno is too perfect and hachiman might even drag her character down even if hachiman is already a very good character. hachiman's level is around yukino and yui for me,hachiman, yukino and yui is my 3rd fav characters 2nd being komachi and 1st obviously haruno

I will still hope. :3
May 5, 2015 12:10 PM

Dec 2012
Saika will always be best girl <3
May 5, 2015 1:04 PM

Apr 2015
I like Haruno as a character but with Hachiman hmm naa.

Would prefer YukinoXHachiman.
May 5, 2015 5:26 PM
Dec 2014
I really wish this was a multiple choice poll. I'd definitely give votes to Saki, Shizuka and Haruno, but ultimately I voted for Yukino. She's the best imo.
May 5, 2015 5:56 PM

Apr 2015
Vercetty said:
harunochan said:

+1

Haruno wil only make Hiki her sex toy....
#CHEXIT
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Zoku Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 25, 2015

1002 by venbals »»
Mar 29, 10:59 AM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Zoku Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 18, 2015

556 by venbals »»
Mar 29, 1:08 AM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Zoku Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 21, 2015

667 by venbals »»
Mar 16, 10:16 PM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Zoku Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 7, 2015

421 by venbals »»
Mar 16, 9:12 PM

» Help me understand the whole drama ( 1 2 )

GuidSMR - Apr 4, 2023

65 by NaughtySempai »»
Feb 26, 8:34 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.