Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Dec 10, 2018 10:02 AM
Sep 2018
I love this anime this is my first and last favorite from anime I want to watch this unlimited time I am crazy about this anime ( so in love so in fantasy )
Dec 10, 2018 5:43 PM
Jul 2018
I disliked it considerably because I felt the characters were either completely one note or underutilized. Annoying "will they won't they" BS that stretched on far too long. I felt the chemistry was nonexistent. Then again, I'm the exact opposite of the demographic but I did enjoy Akagami no Shirayukime so I think I watched the show with minimal bias.
Dec 10, 2018 6:57 PM

Jul 2010
Yes I think it is. I think it just hurts those who are into a little more "realistic" interactions between characters, romance or not.

I really liked the series in middle school, before seriously getting into anime. A few years ago I tried to rewatch it because I remembered it fondly, and then was saddened by reality :-(
Feb 2, 2019 4:49 AM
Jan 2018
Definitely. It's a super generic shoujo I'd give it a 4/10 at best. Usui was the definition of the average perfect shoujo love interest. It was repetitive and had super cringey comedy.
Feb 2, 2019 5:01 AM

Aug 2018
Idk if it's overrated,the only thing important to me is that I enjoyed it :D

"I want to show that woman the true Yoshikage Kira. I want her to hear how I feel deep inside. That I want to take your slender neck into these hands and strangle you to death."

Feb 2, 2019 5:32 AM

Nov 2017
Usui even kissed a guy yet the tsundere girl still fell for him.
Mar 23, 2020 3:21 PM
Apr 2018
Considering one of the main Protagonists (Usui) is an utter piece of shit and sits on 15k favorites YES pretty much overrated by a stupid fanbase.
Just look at the first couple of eps where Usui straight up stalks Ayuzawa and in ep2 he lifts up her skirt when she has her back turned to him... thats just fucked up I dont see how this is considered "romantic" nowdays
Opor97Mar 23, 2020 3:30 PM
Jun 2, 2020 3:55 PM

Mar 2017
I saw sooo many people saying this was really good so I decided to give it a watch and I'm 3 eps from the end... I don't see what the fuss is all about. It's a pretty typical shoujo anime, the MC is tsundere to an annoying extent and there's been NO progress with the romance!

Don't get me wrong; I'm enjoying it but it's massively overrated. There are far better romances out there that don't get enough credit
Jun 13, 2020 5:44 AM

Aug 2018

Usui is just too cool lol

Jul 7, 2020 2:37 PM

May 2015
I can honestly agree that it's overrated. It starts off fine but as you and others have said it does gets repetitive with the same schtick after awhile.

I really wish it would do more with itself besides rinse and repeat. It's like many basic Shoujo anime.

It tries to be mostly episodic with not much substance to help build up the relationship between Usui and Misaki.

I'd like it more if it could still be comedic while also building on their relationship in different ways.

Nodame Cantabile is a series that did the Romance aspect between Chiaki and Nodame really well.
Jul 8, 2020 12:51 AM
Aug 2018
I would sooner compare Maid Sama to Ouran Host Club than Toradora or Golden Time. They both have the female as the protag and a love interest who is rather open with their feelings but it isn't taken seriously. To me the dynamics and story structure are way more alike too. The focus really isn't on the romance (or the will they won't they - they will) but the comedy of the day to day stuff.

I can see why people might prefer Toradora or Golden Time as a romance, but Maid Sama is my kind of anime. I need that sort of playful teasing banter in my romances, and Maid Sama is chock full of it. A masterpiece? I wouldn't know. But highly enjoyable? Definitely. So it wouldn't be overrated to me.
Jul 8, 2020 1:18 AM
Community Mod
ウェルカムチーム™

Feb 2014
Thread locked:

Please use the official "Most Overrated/Underrated Anime Discussion Thread" when wanting to discuss about an overrated/underrated anime.
And please make sure to read the rules in the thread before posting.

GUIDELINES/FAQ
AD/MD RULES
CD RULES
CE RULES
STAFF
SET BY SENPIEX
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Anime or manga

Jackson_rajkumar - Apr 6

7 by Alexioos95 »»
Apr 7, 12:46 AM

Poll: » Kaichou wa Maid-sama! Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Sep 23, 2010

388 by Troy_The_Boy »»
Apr 6, 6:52 PM

Poll: » Kaichou wa Maid-sama! Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

taim - Jul 15, 2010

142 by xevi_dx »»
Mar 24, 12:41 AM

Poll: » Kaichou wa Maid-sama! Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

francismeunier - Apr 22, 2010

165 by xevi_dx »»
Mar 22, 8:52 AM

Poll: » Kaichou wa Maid-sama! Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Sep 2, 2010

128 by antoninus_v »»
Mar 21, 8:23 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.