Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Apr 28, 2015 2:50 AM

Mar 2015
Short answer: Yes.

Long Answer: At least for me personally. I hate when they take until the last episode to confess and Misaki is a little rude immature girl.

How can people like this one more than Golden Time or Toradora? Maybe I just don't like the immaturity and the artwork. It had a great soundtrack and semi-entertaining story but it got old really fast for me.

Does anyone else agree? I mean let me say this before I get tons of hate... I liked it! It was good for what it is, but I just don't get how people can say it's the best Rom-com out there...
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 28, 2015 2:55 AM

Apr 2015
Teasing a tsundere over her "secret" is priceless.....
#CHEXIT
Apr 28, 2015 2:56 AM

Jan 2015
Usui is overrated
He shood be killed at once
Twitter and it's consequences had been a disaster for the human race
Apr 28, 2015 2:57 AM

Jul 2012
People who think this show is the "best romcom out there" are the same times of people highly praising GT or Toradora. All these shows are very funny, enjoyable, and comforting to watch so I can see why it's liked by many however, none of them are very realistic or have spectacular characters.
Apr 28, 2015 2:58 AM
Lilium Gardener

Jul 2011
Toradora! > Golden Time > Maid-sama ... for sure.

They say Maid-sama's manga is pretty good. I've been meaning to pick it up where the anime left off at some point. It just didn't give closure like the other two mentioned.
Apr 28, 2015 2:59 AM

Aug 2013
I've nearly forgot the existence of this series, so i'll keep it short.
Matty1991 said:
I hate when they take until the last episode to confess and Misaki is a little rude immature girl.

Normally, I am not a huge fan of series that drag the developing relationship through 24+ episodes to the final show. But I gave Misaki a pass considering the hardship she and her family went through to survive due to their father bailing on them and leaving huge debt. If I were her, I too would focus on my education, work, and other priorities and seek relationships when life is more stable. I think Misaki felt that way, which is why she put off Usui for so long and at the same time rubs some people the wrong way.
Apr 28, 2015 2:59 AM

Jan 2015
KingYoshi said:
H&C > Toradora! > Golden Time > Maid-sama ... for sure.
fixed
H&C is best romance evaaaaarrrrr
Apr 28, 2015 3:00 AM

Jul 2012
Remv_quevav said:
KingYoshi said:
H&C > Toradora! > Golden Time > Maid-sama ... for sure.
fixed

Nodame Cantabile needs a spot in between or in front ; _ ;
Apr 28, 2015 3:01 AM

Jan 2015
mayukachan said:
Remv_quevav said:
fixed
Nodame and H&C is best romance evaaaaarrrrr

fixed
is it ok nao? lol
Apr 28, 2015 3:01 AM

Feb 2013
:V read the positive reviews
maid sama is just not for you mon
Apr 28, 2015 3:02 AM

Jul 2012
Remv_quevav said:
mayukachan said:

is it ok nao? lol

perfect
Apr 28, 2015 3:05 AM

Mar 2015
Yea I'm not trashing it, I honestly think it's one of the funniest ones. But I guess I just prefer a romance like Golden Time.

Thought it was awesome how it wasn't a normal romcom relationship..... Just so stupid with that whole ghost banri bullshit
Apr 28, 2015 3:06 AM

Oct 2011
mayukachan said:
Remv_quevav said:
is it ok nao? lol

perfect

inb4 shigatsu
Apr 28, 2015 3:07 AM

Jan 2015
BlueKite said:
inb4 shigatsu
pls no lol
dnt remind me with such cringefest XD
Apr 28, 2015 3:09 AM

Oct 2011
Remv_quevav said:
BlueKite said:
inb4 shigatsu
pls no lol

sao is the best romance evar

Lancehot said:
H&C is too weeb for me. Doesn't matter how good your romance allegedly is if it's with a mute that looks & acts like a child. Ditto The World is Still Beautiful

That's just subjective, you can't simply dismiss it's good portrayal of romance because the female MC has a lolita complex.
Apr 28, 2015 3:09 AM

Jun 2008
I remember when i watched that show. It started out well enough and it was kind of cute and relaxing to watch etc but by the end it felt it had too many episodes cause it started getting more stupid as it went along.
Also damn that Usui characters was horrible. I don't general dislike characters with high ability or that seem godly but he was cringe worthy. So inhuman he was. His every behavior seemed so unnatural too.
Apr 28, 2015 3:12 AM

Sep 2014
this animu was terribly boring and very repetitive, it was the same stuff over and over again

Misaki cold to Usui -> Misaki falls in trouble -> Usuki always saves her in the last moment -> short dere moment
rinse and repeat
Apr 28, 2015 3:13 AM

Mar 2015
Monad said:
I remember when i watched that show. It started out well enough and it was kind of cute and relaxing to watch etc but by the end it felt it had too many episodes cause it started getting more stupid as it went along.
Also damn that Usui characters was horrible. I don't general dislike characters with high ability or that seem godly but he was cringe worthy. So inhuman he was. His every behavior seemed so unnatural too.

The guy survived a 3 story fall from a roof just to grab a picture. I'd have to agree

Edit: @Imaishi that's really what I hated. So repetitive
Apr 28, 2015 3:13 AM

Jan 2015
BlueKite said:
Lancehot said:
H&C is too weeb for me. Doesn't matter how good your romance allegedly is if it's with a mute that looks & acts like a child. Ditto The World is Still Beautiful

That's just subjective, you can't simply dismiss it's good portrayal of romance because the female MC has a lolita complex.
Hagu is not loli :(
her abstract thinking in H&C 2 was deep
Apr 28, 2015 3:27 AM
Lilium Gardener

Jul 2011
mayukachan said:
Remv_quevav said:
fixed

Haven't saw H&C or Nodame yet. They have been on my PTW forever.

Though, are H&C and Nodame romcoms or more of the "pure" romance type?
Apr 28, 2015 3:31 AM

Sep 2014
KingYoshi said:

nodame is a romcom
Apr 28, 2015 3:32 AM

Mar 2015
Is H&C as good as they say?
Apr 28, 2015 3:35 AM

Feb 2013
Matty1991 said:
watch it and find out >_>
Apr 28, 2015 3:41 AM

Oct 2013
I watch this series like 5+ years ago, and I really like it. Not sure if I would still have the same opinion if I watch it now.
Apr 28, 2015 3:42 AM

Jan 2013
Remv_quevav said:
Usui is overrated
He shood be killed at once
agree
Apr 28, 2015 3:43 AM
Lilium Gardener

Jul 2011
keragamming said:
I watch this series like 5+ years ago, and I really like it. Not sure if I would still have the same opinion if I watch it now.

Same for me. I doubt very seriously I would give it an 8 again on a re-watch :P Maybe I'll re-watch it one day.
Apr 28, 2015 3:44 AM

Oct 2011
Imaishi said:
KingYoshi said:

nodame is a romcom

^

H&C is more light-hearted

romagia said:
Matty1991 said:
watch it and find out >_>

It depends if it's your kind of romance (unrequited love)
Apr 28, 2015 3:45 AM
May 2009
Imeon said:
Teasing a tsundere over her "secret" is priceless.....
Apr 28, 2015 3:46 AM

Apr 2014
The show was really entertaining when I watched it a few months ago!
Not the best I had watched, but definitely worth a 7/10
A stupid thread deserves a stupid answer!
Apr 28, 2015 3:48 AM

Oct 2008
It has 2 of the worst main characters in any rom/com anime,that's for sure.How people like the obnoxious tsundere Misaki and the Mr Perfect in everything he does Usui is beyond me.

I will say this though to its credit,at least the anime knew when to stop and was overall tolerable I guess.The manga however was just so damn long and was going absolutely nowhere for so many chapters.Felt like pure torture to finish it.
amateurApr 28, 2015 3:54 AM
Apr 28, 2015 3:53 AM

Aug 2014
Yes, it is overrated. The manga is overrated too. Both of them are horribly cliche. Toradora is overrated too.
Why does it matter if they are overrated or not? What matters is if YOU enjoyed them. I, for one, thought they were very enjoyable to watch/read.
Apr 28, 2015 3:58 AM

Oct 2013
sddsdd said:
Yes, it is overrated. The manga is overrated too. Both of them are horribly cliche. Toradora is overrated too.
Why does it matter if they are overrated or not? What matters is if YOU enjoyed them. I, for one, thought they were very enjoyable to watch/read.

Overrated means its not as good as people are making it out to be. Or it doesn't deserve the praise it gets.

Although overrated to many now means this series sucks! Lol
Apr 28, 2015 4:00 AM

Jun 2014
Still on chapter 13 of the manga -_-, even the anime was better lol
All credit goes to Sacred.
Apr 28, 2015 4:03 AM

Aug 2014
keragamming said:
sddsdd said:

Overrated means its not as good as people are making it out to be. Or it doesn't deserve the praise it gets.

Although overrated to many now means this series sucks! Lol

Yes, I know what overrated means.
Apr 28, 2015 4:04 AM

Mar 2015
Yea I think Toradora is a bit overrated. I'm not a fan of how obnoxious Aisaka is. But the story overall is really cool and the romance is pretty good.

People trash GT al the time but at least the story was realistic and relatable.

Honestly there might not be a cuter romance than Chuunibyou

GT= Most relatable and mature roamantic relationship

Chuunibyou= Cutest and purest relationship (and probably show honestly)
Apr 28, 2015 4:06 AM
Lilium Gardener

Jul 2011
Matty1991 said:
Yea I think Toradora is a bit overrated. I'm not a fan of how obnoxious Aisaka is. But the story overall is really cool and the romance is pretty good.

People trash GT al the time but at least the story was realistic and relatable.

Honestly there might not be a cuter romance than Chuunibyou

GT= Most relatable and mature roamantic relationship

Chuunibyou= Cutest and purest relationship (and probably show honestly)

Chu2koi should have never had a second season. The first one ended perfectly fine. The second one was nowhere near as good.

I liked that GT was college instead of high school.

Toradora! will likely forever be my favorite romcom though.
Apr 28, 2015 4:08 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Usui is amazing at least
Apr 28, 2015 4:11 AM

Mar 2015
Will Chu2 have a 3rd season? I heard they are still releasing another light novel. I don't care how crap the 3rd season is as long as they kiss XD
Apr 28, 2015 4:14 AM

Aug 2014
Matty1991 said:
Will Chu2 have a 3rd season? I heard they are still releasing another light novel. I don't care how crap the 3rd season is as long as they kiss XD

Probably not. KyoAni doesn't believe in 3rd seasons.
Apr 28, 2015 4:16 AM

Mar 2015
That was possibly the worst face punch I have ever received then. What a way to end it....
Apr 28, 2015 4:44 AM

Jan 2015
Maid sama isn't overrated. It does get a fair share of hate as you would find out after scrolling down this thread.
The thing that makes it different from other romance is that Gary Stu + tsundere is a unique combination. Although, I would agree that it got pretty repetitive after a few episodes, I still enjoyed it.
And to top it off, Usio, however, he might be, is just amazingly awesome.
Apr 28, 2015 4:46 AM

Jun 2013
has 8.3 on mal and almost 200k votes so its in the middle between those top tier and good anime and it does a pretty good job for what it is and that is romcom so no its not overrated
Apr 28, 2015 4:54 AM

Mar 2015
Symqn said:
has 8.3 on mal and almost 200k votes so its in the middle between those top tier and good anime and it does a pretty good job for what it is and that is romcom so no its not overrated

I just don't understand how people think it's THAT good. It's definitely good. But I can name 5 romcoms off the top of my head I would rather watch than that repetitive crap. I think it's a bunch of fangirls/boys that love Usui honestly (I like him too but even he can't save that show) Plus the artwork is trash to me. But again just my personal opinion
Apr 28, 2015 2:00 PM

Jul 2012
KingYoshi said:

I guess so? I mean, there's still love triangles and fuck buddies (Honey and Clover exclusive) lol

BlueKite said:
inb4 shigatsu

It's not romance focused tho
May 28, 2015 2:34 PM

Aug 2014
The male MC of this anime is the biggest Gary Stu in anime history. He is right up there with Tsumugu from Asukara.

At least Tatsuya Onisama from Mahouka had a cool personality.

At least Kirito struggled against the main villain in the first arc of SAO II

The male MC of Maid-Sama had absolutely no flaws. None. He was very smart, very athletic, great at all sports, all the chicks wanted him, very strong, and I didnt like his personality. He was just a Gary Stu.

If he had a personality like the male MC of Earl and Fairy (that guy's awesome), then maybe I would have liked him.
oooo3333May 28, 2015 2:38 PM
Jun 6, 2015 10:41 PM

Jan 2015
ooo333 said:
The male MC of this anime is the biggest Gary Stu in anime history. He is right up there with Tsumugu from Asukara.

At least Tatsuya Onisama from Mahouka had a cool personality.

At least Kirito struggled against the main villain in the first arc of SAO II

The male MC of Maid-Sama had absolutely no flaws. None. He was very smart, very athletic, great at all sports, all the chicks wanted him, very strong, and I didnt like his personality. He was just a Gary Stu.

If he had a personality like the male MC of Earl and Fairy (that guy's awesome), then maybe I would have liked him.

What makes the anime better is that Takumi is a Gary Stu.
This is not a shounen so it doesnt really matter here. The whole fun of the show lies in the Takumi's pursue of Misaki.
Oct 18, 2018 12:28 PM

Aug 2017
Underrated i think. Awesome and beautiful tsundere MC. Great production value with no cheap outsourcing. Loads of charm and humor. No potty humor or obscenity. Best anime ever.
Nov 9, 2018 6:59 AM

May 2017
Tora Dora IS overrated bro, the romance is shallow, hardly a romantic build up between the two, and it ended like, male MC still likes Minori but he had to follow Taiga coz she's an edgy angsty teen, speaking of Taiga, she's also still likes the other guy even hallucinated by mistaking his crush for the male mc but just the next day the two of them decided let's go live in together wtf what the actual fuckery brah epitome of shallow romance

As for Golden Time, it's great but no masterpiece like Maid-sama
Nov 23, 2018 2:24 AM

Aug 2017
Lairucrem said:
Tora Dora IS overrated bro, the romance is shallow, hardly a romantic build up between the two, and it ended like, male MC still likes Minori but he had to follow Taiga coz she's an edgy angsty teen, speaking of Taiga, she's also still likes the other guy even hallucinated by mistaking his crush for the male mc but just the next day the two of them decided let's go live in together wtf what the actual fuckery brah epitome of shallow romance

As for Golden Time, it's great but no masterpiece like Maid-sama
Yeah Tora Dora was trash and Golden Time was mediocre. Maid-sama true masterpiece.
Dec 4, 2018 4:55 PM

Aug 2011
I really enjoyed this anime, not to mention both MC's. As far as Usui, Yeah... I get it, he appeared perfect, but in reality, he wasn't. If he was, he would have not felt any jealousy toward the other guys liking Misaki. Oh, he did a great job hiding it under that cool facade, but trust me, it was there. In the translation in episode 22, when Usui and Misaki are in the forest. his words were, referencing Shintani - "I wasted so much unnecessary energy because of that guy...". Which to me sounds like, at some point, he felt intimidated. Perfectionist don't feel that way.

Misaki, I understood from the beginning. With her home situation, her father absent, men/boys were not at the top of her list. Also, you can't even call her a true tsundere, the way she looked out for everyone, even the boys. Misaki was much different from Taiga, from Toradora, who in my opinion, shouldn't have gotten with anyone, she was so annoying.

I plan to watch a few other anime's mentioned in this thread, but for me, Maid-sama will always be near or at the top of the list.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Anime or manga

Jackson_rajkumar - Apr 6

7 by Alexioos95 »»
Apr 7, 12:46 AM

Poll: » Kaichou wa Maid-sama! Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Sep 23, 2010

388 by Troy_The_Boy »»
Apr 6, 6:52 PM

Poll: » Kaichou wa Maid-sama! Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

taim - Jul 15, 2010

142 by xevi_dx »»
Mar 24, 12:41 AM

Poll: » Kaichou wa Maid-sama! Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

francismeunier - Apr 22, 2010

165 by xevi_dx »»
Mar 22, 8:52 AM

Poll: » Kaichou wa Maid-sama! Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Sep 2, 2010

128 by antoninus_v »»
Mar 21, 8:23 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.