Forum Settings
Forums
New
Apr 26, 2015 3:56 AM
Jul 2018
What do you guys think would have happened if Yona hadn't caught Soo-won killing King Il? I don't think it was his intention to kill them either, but wouldn't that have gotten in the way of his plan to be king? It doesn't sound like he wanted to marry Yona.
Apr 26, 2015 12:55 PM

Jun 2014
Since Soo-won said that he wouldn't be able to have them by his side, I think he might have been planning to distance himself from them. He wouldn't have needed to kill Yona since she's not married and doesn't have a brother, so Soo-won would be next in line to take the throne.

He might have told them what he did or exiled them, too.
Jun 8, 2015 8:09 PM
Jan 2011
If he wasn't caught by Yona he probably would have still done a forceful take over after the king's death. He wouldn't kill Yona but he would have a chance to convince Hak to fight for him which is a much better result than what he has now with Yona and Hak wondering around.
Dec 19, 2015 3:20 PM
Dec 2015
i think that Yona would of believed anything Suwon told her.. because at that time she was so in love with him. I think it would of been easier in controlling her.
Aug 9, 2016 7:42 PM

Apr 2016
I don't think Su-won planned to kill Yona and Hak.

When Yona caught Su-won, he did say that he heard she didn't visit her father's room often... Meaning, that he did not plan to kill her that night. Su-won even stood there after Kye-sook told him to kill Yona, which gave our princess her chance to escape the room.

So, if Yona stayed in her room, and if Hak wasn't as observant, I think there would just be an announcement that Il somehow died. Hak would have insisted that the palace felt strange, and then there would be investigations without the truth being revealed...

When the palace is in chaos regarding who should ascend the throne, Su-won would have gotten everyone's approval. In the past, Hak did say he wanted to be Su-won's right-hand man, so I don't see why that would change. And Yona would have no reason to doubt Su-won, considering how in love she was with him and the great denial she faced as she ran from her father's room that night...

However, this incident led Yona and Hak to meet the four dragons, Ik-soo, Yoon, Lili... :) Yona did develop and learned more about her country's condition. The country is in much better shape in Su-won's hands. So, as bad as this may sound, Il's death gave birth to many benefits.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Akatsuki no Yona Chapter 257 Discussion

crocodileman94 - Apr 19

5 by Jogii »»
Apr 22, 5:21 AM

Poll: » Akatsuki no Yona Chapter 185 Discussion

shanimebib - Dec 20, 2019

26 by Syed_94 »»
Apr 12, 10:11 AM

Poll: » Akatsuki no Yona Chapter 256 Discussion

DarkHumor04 - Apr 4

7 by TanmaySpamzzz »»
Apr 12, 5:12 AM

Poll: » Akatsuki no Yona Chapter 175 Discussion

CrookedPanther - May 20, 2019

32 by Syed_94 »»
Apr 12, 3:41 AM

Poll: » Akatsuki no Yona Chapter 152 Discussion ( 1 2 )

lacznosc - Dec 21, 2017

68 by Syed_94 »»
Apr 10, 3:38 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.