Forum Settings
Forums
New
Mar 31, 2015 8:52 AM
Jan 2014
The title explains pretty much everything. Actually I'm not really looking for anime with good music - I'd rather hear some opinions and maybe discuss a little? Also I'm more interested in the music witch actually plays on the background during episodes than openings and endings (although they are welcome too of course).

So I'll start with few ideas:

1. Guilty Crown - the first scene of the show and then the 2nd scene when Inori sings (somewhere around the middle). I'm still listening to "Departures" and "Blessings these days. EGOIST music was probably one of the few reasons I gave this 7/10 instead of 6/10

2. Angel Beats - "Ichiban no Takaramono" and "My song". There are few more songs from AB which I liked but these were my favourite.

3. Code Geass - "All hail Britannia!". Enough said.

I would mention music from Fairy Tail and Madoka but they aren't really that good when you listen to them separately. As for openings and endings I usually find most of them boring; here are a few "pearls" I found: Gosick - both endings, Requiem for the Phantom - first END, Dantalian no Shoka - OP and END, Death Parade - OP.

Share some of your favourite pieces!
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Apr 2, 2015 8:04 AM

Mar 2015
The Death Parade OP is fantastic tbh.
Personally, at the moment, my favorite OST would be Perfect Time from Nanatsu no Taizai.
And if you like the Guilty Crown stuff, EGOIST also does the endings for Psycho-Pass, and I loved all three of those.
I also really like the Parasyte OST in general.

Apr 2, 2015 4:03 PM

Aug 2013
Cowboy bebop and samurai champloo are pretty well known for awesome soundtracks. Suisei no gargantia has one of the best ost's I have ever heard. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THYlhfWGcZk&list=PLOCAqH3dyTrMAZisqSUkhJcebhRGFMcXQ&index=19
May 4, 2015 8:11 AM

Jun 2011
This is going to be slightly long, so please bear with me:
(In no particular order)
[list]
[*] Free! - "Aggressive Groove" by Katou Tatsuya.

[*] Tokyo Ghoul - "Unravel" by TK from Ling Tosite Sigure, currently the most played song on my playlist :3

[*] Mushishi - "The Sore Feet Song" by Ally Kerr, didn't complete the series, but this song kinda stayed with me.

[*] Death Note - "Misa no Theme B", "Matt's Theme B", "L's Theme A" & BB's Theme B are some of my faves.

[*] Guilty Crown - Ëxtra Terrestrial Biological Entities" by Egoist, came across this on Tumblr and instantly fell in love!

[*] Shingeki no Kyojin - "Guren no Yumiya" by Linked Horizon, nuff said.

[*] Naruto - "Niwaka Ame Nimo Makezu" by NICO Touches the Walls, "Tsuki no Okisa (Size of the Moon)" by Nogizaka46 (loved this song, and it's animation!), "Hero's Come Back".

[*] Gantz - "Super Shooter" by Rip Slyme, it really suits the whole premise of Gantz; fits in really well with the entire series.

[*] Bleach - "Rolling Star" by YUI, this was probably the first "anime" song on my playlist, her voice is soothing yet powerful and it really drew me to the song.

[*] Samurai Champloo - "Shiki no Uta" by Sha-leik (the remix) is really addictive (you should give it a try)

[*] Wolf's Rain - "Dogs And Angels" by Yoko Kanno, it's something really different from the kind of music we see in most anime.
May 6, 2015 7:25 AM

Apr 2014
3.Kokoro Connect, especially for last ending, it gave so much feels :(
2.Mushishi - Shiver is officialy my favourite song ever.
1.Zankyou no Terror - here I love all OST, it is so epic, my favourite is Bless (i cried on it in last episode).
May 6, 2015 9:17 PM

Apr 2012
Katekyo Hitman Reborn!!
Has some really nice music including hibari and hyper tsuna's osts (two of my favs)
Openings and endings are all magnificent
:DD
May 7, 2015 12:36 AM
Always yours.

Apr 2015
[list]
[*]White Album 2 - The OP is absolutely amazing with the electric guitar and beat. There's also the title song White Album which has a very poppy beat to it. Love that tune so much!
[*]Clannad - After Story - heartwarming, sponsored by Kleenex, can't get much better
May 7, 2015 1:14 AM

Apr 2013
Mekakucity Actors :D

May 7, 2015 2:10 PM

Oct 2013
Mushishi, Clannad & Kara no Kyoukai had one of the best soundtracks in my opinion.
Kekkai Sensen and Owari no Seraph from this season have awesome music as well!
May 7, 2015 2:19 PM

Feb 2013
For me:
Hunter x Hunter (1999) < glorious OST. God bless Toshihiko Sahashi. Love the instruments used for the background music, as well openings and endings. It's been years since I first watched the series, I've listened to thousands of others OST but this is still my first and my only favorite.

Others I really love : Tsubasa Chronicles, Mushishi, Saint Seiya, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Elfen Lied.

May 7, 2015 5:32 PM

Dec 2014
Code Geass: - The Master -Madden Sky
Death Note: -Low of Solipsism (perfect for when writing essays lol)
Cowboy Bebop: everything rly
Attack on Titan: -XL-TT -Vogel Im Kafig (they kick in at the perfect moments in the anime)
Kekkai Sensen: dunno about the standalone OST, but the soundtrack sounds awesome in the anime up till this point
Gurren Lagann: -Libera Me From Hell (rap and opera actually sounds great together lol)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 6, 2015 12:49 PM

Feb 2015
Akame ga Kill
i like all openings/endings

2 openings from Kill la Kill

opening of Kiseijuu
Jun 6, 2015 1:27 PM
Jun 2015
I dont exactly know what an OST is, but i pretty sure it is opening and ending songs for anime, so my favorite OST is "Unravel" from tokyo ghoul
Jun 9, 2015 4:11 PM

Nov 2013
OST is original soundtrack. So that includes insert songs and background music as well. For instance Clannads OST is 3 discs.
Disc 1

Youtube playlists of disc 1 2 3

I'd pick the Aria series (the Animation), Clannad or Little Busters! for having the best OST.
doom19876Jun 9, 2015 4:26 PM
Jun 9, 2015 4:29 PM

Oct 2011
I know openings are only a minor part of OST's but there's quite an interesting voting tournament ongoing about the best anime opening:

Anime Bracket - Best opening

Mushelox said:

I would mention music from Fairy Tail and Madoka but they aren't really that good when you listen to them separately.

IMO that's the case for the OST's of the Monogatari series. The OST is great but many of the tracks are just "background music" and not real songs, so listening to them separately somehow feels off. But I don't think that's the case for the Fairy Tail or Madoka OST, they are definitely two of my favorite and listen to them from time to time.
Jun 10, 2015 3:16 PM

Dec 2014
Zankyou no Terror - The part when Lisa and Twelve go together in a bike (POP ETC - ÍS),

Kill la Kill - The character song of Ragyo, when she appears everytime (Blumenkranz)

Serial Experiments Lain - Opening, so beautiful

FLCL - When they fight, or in the final scene too (Little Busters), the fascinant ending song (Ride on shooting star), and an OST i don't remember the scene (Last Dinosaur, Brand new Lovesong)

Neon Genesis Evangelion - Don't remeber the scene, haha song:(Tsubasa wo Kudasai) <-- it's on K-ON and Nichijou too
RightGateJun 11, 2015 4:07 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 10, 2015 8:26 PM

Oct 2014
Spirited Away - All of it
Every single work of Joe Hisaishi is a masterpiece!
Jun 29, 2015 10:09 AM

Jun 2015
Neon Genesis Evangelion, best scores created, I also love the classic Ranma 1/2 ost's and Kare Kano's
Jul 1, 2015 3:48 AM
Apr 2015
Trying not to repeat too much, I see that the monogatari series have been mentioned but imo, the multiple OP and ED feel special and unique each one of them and also, the OP for Steins Gate is kinda awesome. As for ost (which I understand refers to background music), adding to Yuki Kajiura's work, I really enjoy listening to SAO ost. Lastly Fairy Tail ost is really good and you can listen to it apart from the series
Jul 1, 2015 3:59 AM

Oct 2013
Fate/Zero - amazing BGM and the OPs and EDs are good too

Fate/staynight UBW - great BGM just like F/Z

Shinsekai yori - they don't have an OP but the first ED is kinda catchy. Also the BGM give me eargasms

Katagatari - OP and ED sucks imo but the BGM is top notch

Little Busters and Little Busters ~Refrain~ - Great insert songs which you can listen to separately. Haruka Kanata is one of the best insert songs I've listened to

Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood. Great OPs and pretty nice BGMs
Jul 2, 2015 4:09 AM

Nov 2014
Here's a few titles (in no particular order) with great soundtracks:

K-on
Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood
To Aru Kagaku no Railgun
Shakugan no Shana
Air
Darker Than Black
Ghost in the Shell (most series)
Jul 2, 2015 6:58 AM

Dec 2013
Here's some of my list:

Diamond no Ace
Nisemonogatari
Durarara(Ending 1)
Fairy Tail
The World god Only Knows
Working!!
Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso
Jul 2, 2015 9:32 AM
Jan 2015
For me it is Shingeki no Kyojin.
The music is great and really fits to the particular scenes
Jul 2, 2015 12:18 PM

Jun 2014
Shiki (13th Floor, Eau de Vie, Shi-ki)
Atack on titan (Vogel im Kafig, XL-TT....)
Fate/Zero (Point Zero, If you leave, Tragedy and Fate) and Fate/Stay Night (La sola)
Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood (Trisha's Lullaby, Lapis Philosoforum....)
Kamisama no Inai (Lost World)

Dunno there are so many xD
I dont apreciate OPs and EDs.
Aug 10, 2015 5:39 AM

Apr 2014
I totally agree with OP on Angel Beats.
The story was weird, but oh god the music and art...

And my heirarchy for OSTs is like this

1. Ichiban no Takaramono
2. Brave Song
3. My Song
4. Basically all GirlDeMo tracks
5. My Soul, Your Beats!

Otherwise, the best anime songs from different animes include [aLIEz] from Aldnoah.Zero, [Onegai Snyaipa] from No Game No Life and [=ONESELF] from No Game No Life.
if you run you get faster to your location

have a nice day
- FALL3RE
Aug 10, 2015 5:45 AM

Mar 2013
I've been in love with Toradora!'s OST for quite some time.

Though I have to admit Sola's OST is also quite entrancing.
Aug 10, 2015 8:19 AM

Nov 2012
In no particular order:

1. Death Note - everything except the 2nd OP

2. Angel Beats - all the GirlDeMo songs

3. Code Geass - "Continued Story" is my favorite

4. Tasogare Otome x Amnesia - "Requiem" and "Choir Jail"

5. Kill la Kill - "Before my body is dry", "Blumenkranz", "Inu Ka 3L", and "Till I Die"

6. Bleach - "Number One"

7. Shokugeki no Soma - the OST isn't out yet, but everything I've heard so far has been pretty great. Especially the 2nd OP
Dec 4, 2015 12:24 AM
Jan 2015
you want ost

k: anime ---> http://myanimelist.net/anime/14467/K/

every part of this anime have a beautiful background music

and if you are talking of opening and closings , it's fair tail
Dec 4, 2015 5:23 AM

Dec 2013
Initial D, THE EUROBEAT IS REAL! Seriously this soundtrack never tires. Initial D alone has like 200 eurobeat songs in it's OST or something, so retarded but so awesome. When you don't know what kind of music to listen to, try an Initial D mix.
Shiki, the overall soundtrack is better than the OP/EDs ^^
Fate/Zero
Zankyou no Terror
Naruto (don't like the anime itself all THAT much but nevertheless the music is very good.)

Most of them were already said above me but still, they're just that awesome.
Dec 4, 2015 9:01 AM

Jun 2014
In my opinion these are animes with the best OST (I pretty like calm OSTs):

-Clannad
-Shigatsu wa kimi no uso
-Shiki
-Fate series
-Full metal alchemist B
-Naruto (As wen294, i didnt like the anime, even tho the OSTs are very good :))
-Shokugeki no Souma
-Mushishi
Dec 9, 2015 2:00 AM

May 2014
Here's list of Anime with great soundtracks.

1. Gyakkyou Burai Kaiji: Ultimate Survivor - Despite its unique animation, this series got very intriguing storyline with a lot of cliff hangers. Soundtracks is magnificent which is composed by the one who made Death Note soundtracks.

2. Death Note - No idea why you've not seen an excellent series with an amazing soundtracks which is must-watch.

3. Kuroko No Basket - Amazing series which is about basketball. Even if you're not a fan of basketball, you'll definitely enjoy this. As for soundtracks, this series got a lot of great soundtracks which synchronizes very well with its epic moments.

4. Mobile Suit Gundam 00 - Mecha series with great story, characters and soundtracks.

5. Steins;Gate - Masterpiece series with intriguing, yet sad and emotional storyline which got great soundtracks too.

6. Initial D - Fantastic, yet unpopular series with magnificent soundtracks which got unique genre, that is street racing.
NoctisDec 9, 2015 2:05 AM
Dec 9, 2015 8:22 AM

Dec 2013
Noxeria said:
Here's list of Anime with great soundtracks.

3. Kuroko No Basket - Amazing series which is about basketball. Even if you're not a fan of basketball, you'll definitely enjoy this. As for soundtracks, this series got a lot of great soundtracks which synchronizes very well with its epic moments.

6. Initial D - Fantastic, yet unpopular series with magnificent soundtracks which got unique genre, that is street racing.

Sessen best Kuroko no Basket OST if you ask me. That one is really good and it also played in the best match of all the seasons. Apart from that one the ost wasn't THAT great. Still pretty nice tho.

And i aprove of the Initial D. The Eurobeat is too strong.
Feb 11, 2016 4:03 PM

Jan 2016
Grisaia no Kajitsu has some pretty nice tracks.
Mar 20, 2016 11:43 AM
Feb 2016
Here's my List:
(For Badass Action)
1.Naruto
2.Attack on Titan
3.One Piece
4.Diamond no Ace
5.Katekyo Hitman Reborn
(For dark music)
1.Death Note
2.Mirai Nikki
Oct 30, 2016 5:55 PM

Sep 2013
Magi has epic battle OST if not the best and some great ops/eds to boot.
Nov 15, 2016 11:50 AM

Jan 2010
Here is my list (In no particular order):
-xxxHOLIC - What else is there to say but.......just listen.
-Bacanno - This is one of the most amazing OST's I have had the pleasure of listenting to. Every track really fits this anime very well and it has great OP's and ED's as well.
-Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso aka Your Lie in April - What can I say this is a musical anime so the OST had better be good. Alright it was more than good it was amazing!!! This OST really captured the feel of each scene and I listen to it regularly.
-Magi - Just an epic soundtrack to an epic anime. So many great tracks and they really capture that middle eastern setting of the series.
-Solty Rei - I don't think many know about this anime I was pleasantly surprised by it myself and the OST was a big part of that.
-91 Days - This one definitely does a great job of capturing the feel of the anime. The OP and ED are both amazing as well.
-Afro Samurai - I love what The Rza was able to do with this soundtrack.
-One Piece - So many amazing tracks. Battle tracks, sad tracks, character tracks you name it.
-Darker than Black
-Death Note
-Code Geass

I am sure I have some obscure titles but trust me they are really amazing.
Each title I have listed is a link to the OST on YouTube (for listening pleasure).

Disturbed94 said:
Magi has epic battle OST if not the best and some great ops/eds to boot.
I would tend to agree with you on this one.
Proud Administrator of the D Gray Man FC and OnePunch-Man FC

Dec 13, 2016 10:30 PM

Jul 2012
Legend of the Galactic Heroes
Dec 16, 2016 12:16 PM

Jan 2009
I think the Fairy Tail series has had some amazing background music throughout the years.

Shiki is another series with an OST that I would call hauntingly beautiful.

I keep going back to those 2 OSTs every time I want to hear some good music.
"I don't want to live the dream because dreams always end when they get to the good part." - Sebastian Carmichael, A.R. Dragonfly
Dec 16, 2016 12:20 PM

Jan 2016
Fate/Zero. Soundtrack is just incredible for that show.

Dec 17, 2016 8:02 PM

Aug 2016

just based on OST, not on anime quality.

soshDec 17, 2016 10:22 PM
Dec 19, 2016 3:35 PM
Dec 2016
Magic Knight Rayearth, Najica Blitz Tactics, Vandread, Cowboy Bebop, Samurai Champloo, Read or Die (both OVA and TV), and Love Hina. All have catchy tunes and beats, I can list a few more, but these are the titles that pop up in mind when BGM is the main concern.

Oh yes and BLEACH!
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

Sticky: » Introductions ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

imperlast - Jun 14, 2010

1415 by KokoroEnoMesseji »»
Mar 26, 8:21 PM

» Mecha Manga

PlasticRobot - Feb 23

0 by PlasticRobot »»
Feb 23, 7:05 PM

» Recomend any manga and i will read it!!

Tamurax - Feb 2

2 by Fauzy_Weliady »»
Feb 5, 7:15 PM

» Guys, check my paintings - Tribute to Makoto Shinkai

mufarari - Jan 13

1 by Tamurax »»
Feb 2, 7:36 AM

» I need manga

Charizardexbb - Jan 28

0 by Charizardexbb »»
Jan 28, 6:14 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.