Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Mar 28, 2015 2:06 AM

Aug 2013
WAD1992 said:
DrGeroCreation said:
@Ratohnhaketon Not all modern western cartoons for kids are like Dora the Explorer though. Adventure Time, Regular Show, Over the Garden Wall, Gravity Falls, Steven Universe are not super sanitized to "protect" kids.

@Cell bruh u keep using those cartoons as an example, the idea isnt we need "dark themes" , the idea is, we need more mature issues to be adressed in such cartoons.
There are mature issues addressed in such cartoons such as the Adventure Time episode which focused on how money can corrupt, Finn dealing with depression, consequences of war ,overcoming insecurity and loss are touched on in Steven Universe etc.
Mar 28, 2015 2:34 AM

Dec 2012
WAD1992 said:

ahhh yes, that makes way more sense...
yes i completly agree with u on that, i particulary found kids anime that deals with real life issues( and handles them realistically) to be extremely beneficial for kids in that "easy influenced" phase.
we need more of that, sadly there are verry few.
now all they get is pokemon and yugioh , aka anime with the msg of "go waste your money on trading cards and games kids!!!"
I just remember all of the white washing and censoring that 4kids did. In Shaman King, they changed a character's story from his father dying to his uncle being badly hurt. So I highly doubt shows such as the two I mentioned before would ever make it in America considering they deal with child abuse, corruption, and poverty in a non satirical way.
Mar 28, 2015 2:56 AM

May 2014
Ratohnhaketon said:
WAD1992 said:

ahhh yes, that makes way more sense...
yes i completly agree with u on that, i particulary found kids anime that deals with real life issues( and handles them realistically) to be extremely beneficial for kids in that "easy influenced" phase.
we need more of that, sadly there are verry few.
now all they get is pokemon and yugioh , aka anime with the msg of "go waste your money on trading cards and games kids!!!"
I just remember all of the white washing and censoring that 4kids did. In Shaman King, they changed a character's story from his father dying to his uncle being badly hurt. So I highly doubt shows such as the two I mentioned before would ever make it in America considering they deal with child abuse, corruption, and poverty in a non satirical way.

which is kind of rediculous if u think about it, i mean 90% of music videos on YT are about fuks and buts ....
all of which are targeted at teens/kids.
not even kiding :|
Mar 28, 2015 5:46 AM

May 2012
Coolspot said:
I always thought people did that so the parents wouldn't be bored while watching the kids show. I honestly am entertained by simple clean humor myself.

Space Brothers has a masturbation joke at the beginning of episode three. Mutta gets an erection fantasizing about fellow astronaut candidate Serika during a physical exam. When the doctor suggests he think about something else, Mutta tells himself to "save that for later." That's the only even slightly off-color moment I can remember in the 99 episodes. There are other funny moments based on his reactions to Serika like when she suggests they spend some time together, and his hair reacts like this:
SeijiSenseiMar 28, 2015 5:51 AM
Apr 2, 2015 1:36 PM

Feb 2015
SeijiSensei said:
Coolspot said:
I always thought people did that so the parents wouldn't be bored while watching the kids show. I honestly am entertained by simple clean humor myself.

Space Brothers has a masturbation joke at the beginning of episode three. Mutta gets an erection fantasizing about fellow astronaut candidate Serika during a physical exam. When the doctor suggests he think about something else, Mutta tells himself to "save that for later." That's the only even slightly off-color moment I can remember in the 99 episodes. There are other funny moments based on his reactions to Serika like when she suggests they spend some time together, and his hair reacts like this:
I Think i remember that XD
Aug 15, 2015 8:37 AM

May 2013
NHRoccodog said:
I know Anime is known partly as inappropriate, but why would they put perverted scenes in anime. I mean for example, in Pokemon, there's a scene where James has inflatable boobs for a girls beauty contest. Like WTF!?!

It's already been like that since forever. That is why the World Masterpiece Theater anime kept getting awards from the Japanese government.
Aug 15, 2015 8:58 AM

Mar 2015
Yeah old anime like that moe show Esper Mami were really perverted.No wonder nobody wants to watch them anymore.

I'd say kids anime got less perverted over the years.
Aug 15, 2015 8:59 AM

Feb 2015
Because the Japanese know that kids don't actually care, nor are offended by seeing stuff like that (within certain limits, of course).
Aug 15, 2015 9:04 AM

May 2013
HeroKenzan said:
Yeah old anime like that moe show Esper Mami were really perverted.No wonder nobody wants to watch them anymore.

That is, if you don't count WMT animes.
Aug 15, 2015 9:09 AM

Mar 2015
chibi maruko-chan? stop watch it long time ago thou.
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Aug 15, 2015 9:12 AM

May 2013
Unyilkdr said:

I remember that show being really funny when it's good.
Aug 15, 2015 9:25 AM

Aug 2013
ReinhardVonMusel said:
There's no such thing as "children anime", anime is for 14+ years old people by default.

don't feed
Aug 15, 2015 10:32 AM

Oct 2009
Milennin said:
Because the Japanese know that kids don't actually care, nor are offended by seeing stuff like that (within certain limits, of course).

Their society is traditionally more open towards sexuality and sex symbolism, it is not viewed as taboo as long it is not intended for arousal. Of course the airing shows must fit some standard, but in general they are more open towards the concept of sexuality.

For example the anime Crayon Shin Chan is rated for family safe, even though it is full of innuendo and partial nudity (even frontal nudity of 5 years old Shinnosuke), all was done for the jokes, dirty jokes. It is a quite successful family anime and won several awards.

Ugoki said:
Unyilkdr said:

I remember that show being really funny when it's good.

It is good.
The most important things in life is the people that you care about
Aug 15, 2015 10:45 AM

Jul 2015
NHRoccodog said:
I know Anime is known partly as inappropriate, but why would they put perverted scenes in anime. I mean for example, in Pokemon, there's a scene where James has inflatable boobs for a girls beauty contest. Like WTF!?!
if i remember right there was an episode of dragon ball in which an underaged bulma's boobs were shown.
Aug 15, 2015 6:11 PM

Jun 2007
HeroKenzan said:

Maybe so, but there are those outliers like Shugo Chara! (2007), where in ep 38 Ikuto tries to insert his Dumpty Key in Amu's Humpty Lock.
Aug 15, 2015 8:20 PM

May 2012
Over in the Recommendations forum we were talking about Magi. Little Aladdin has a fetish for burying his face in the cleavage of busty women, and there are usually one or two around for him to exploit. This is a repeated joke that just feels incredibly out-of-place in what is otherwise a perfectly clean adventure story that is clearly designed for kids. The lovely Morgiana has a "magic skirt" that reveals nothing even when she does flips in the air.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» Great Teacher Onizuka

Enn - Mar 21, 2007

9 by DancingTheBa »»
9 minutes ago

» What will be the next KyoAni project? Tell me your thoughts.

Pinoffin - 7 hours ago

42 by Yuu_Kanzaki »»
10 minutes ago

» Who are your enemies in the anime industry/fanbase?

Catalano - 5 hours ago

20 by Yuu_Kanzaki »»
11 minutes ago

» Do you drop shows? ( 1 2 )

EverRealm - Apr 23

80 by -coasts »»
16 minutes ago

» Is it weird to be attracted to anime characters under the age of 18?

bluefin2004 - 11 hours ago

29 by GoatPieceLuffy »»
17 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.