Forum Settings
Forums
New
Mar 19, 2015 11:06 PM
Apr 2011
I've seen some crazy talent in the creative section of the forums. I am wondering if anyone knows if a MAL user has ever published their work as a manga? I've seen a couple youtube channels where people publish manga in north america so I am just curious since I'd like to see their work.
Mar 20, 2015 1:14 PM
Jan 2015
If there are, they will be too busy to post in the forum.
Mar 20, 2015 1:15 PM

Mar 2015
Nope as far as I can tell.
Mar 20, 2015 1:16 PM
Jan 2013
I remember I was once on the MAL IRC and some guy appeared saying he had made / help make (Don't remember which, most likely he was a assistant) This manga, never heard of hims after that though.
gone bai bai
Mar 20, 2015 2:24 PM

Sep 2013
It's only manga if it's in Japan.
Everywhere else it's called comics.

And the market is so little outside of Japan that you'll never hear of them.(except for superhero comics)
Mar 20, 2015 3:58 PM
Apr 2011
ichii_1 said:

And the market is so little outside of Japan that you'll never hear of them.(except for superhero comics)

Sure, but I mean "manga" that WAS published outside of Japan. For example this guy has some manga that he made(I use the word manga because it is a comic made in the japanese art style. I know it's not technically manga, like how Avatar isn't anime)
The guy from youtube I was talking about
Mar 20, 2015 3:58 PM

Jun 2014
Akira Toriyama
Mar 20, 2015 4:04 PM

Oct 2013
Otaku-Ninja8 said:
ichii_1 said:

Sure, but I mean "manga" that WAS published outside of Japan. For example this guy has some manga that he made(I use the word manga because it is a comic made in the japanese art style. I know it's not technically manga, like how Avatar isn't anime)
Publish still seems like a strong word, I mean a couple of people has probably made their own doujin of some sort but probably only shared it OL.
Mar 20, 2015 5:12 PM

Oct 2013
R4vel said:
Otaku-Ninja8 said:

Publish still seems like a strong word, I mean a couple of people has probably made their own doujin of some sort but probably only shared it OL.

Well there are a few mangas that were created and published in the US (called Amerimanga). The format and art style is the same as manga published in Japan. I haven't read any of them so I can't say if they are any good or not, but that depends on the mangaka not it's origin of publication.
Mar 20, 2015 5:13 PM

Jun 2013
Mkim said:
I remember I was once on the MAL IRC and some guy appeared saying he had made / help make (Don't remember which, most likely he was a assistant) This manga, never heard of hims after that though.
I was there, can confirm.
Mar 21, 2015 5:34 AM

Jan 2014
The best I could do was publish a Light Novel (with no illustrations at the moment) online.

But it's better than most manga/anime out there (and if I say so, it must be true) :P
The writer who penned Clashing Feelings. You can buy the light novel on Amazon.
Mar 21, 2015 2:07 PM

Dec 2013
um.. yeah..
Signature removed.
Mar 22, 2015 5:42 AM

Dec 2011
If you include stuff like doujins then definitely. If you only count professionally published stuff... in all honesty, probably - but I doubt they would post their work in the Creative Corner section.
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Mar 22, 2015 6:25 AM

Feb 2010
Yes, I once stumbled upon a profile of a user who self-published their own manga online (there were 4 or 5 chapters at the time), but unfortunately I can't remember the name right now.
I probably regret this post by now.
Mar 22, 2015 10:42 AM
Jan 2013
Higashi_no_Kaze said:
Yes, I once stumbled upon a profile of a user who self-published their own manga online (there were 4 or 5 chapters at the time), but unfortunately I can't remember the name right now.

You mean this guy?
gone bai bai
Aug 8, 2015 10:13 AM

Jul 2015
ichii_1 said:

The manga industry isn't so small .After Superman and Batman ranking #1 and #2 onepiece comes in even though it hasn't run for half as long as either of them .Dragon ball Z is also in the top 5
Wohooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

More topics from this board

Sticky: » 2024 Manga Reading Challenge - Sign Up ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

MRC_mod - Jan 18

379 by LyLord »»
16 minutes ago

» Most obscure titles in your list.

Otakupervert890 - Feb 24

22 by Timeline_man »»
35 minutes ago

» From all the ongoing (and on hiatus) manga, you can choose only one to eventually reach a conclusion. Which one would it be?

Caciulacdlac - Apr 10

5 by nishant0 »»
Today, 1:00 AM

» Do you guys pick up completed axed manga.

zkl_ - Feb 28

13 by bucciest »»
Yesterday, 11:27 PM

Poll: » What is your favorite shounen arc?

HM0710 - Sep 6, 2021

17 by Rhaelynne »»
Yesterday, 9:55 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.