Forum Settings
Forums

What age do you think people become adults at?

New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Feb 1, 2015 8:52 AM

Aug 2014
TheConquerer said:
MechaKiryu said:
They're authors?

No....
they're famous
Never heard of them until now.
Feb 1, 2015 8:55 AM

May 2014
MechaKiryu said:
TheConquerer said:

Guess that means people like Jimi Hendrix, Heath Leager or Kurt Kobain never actually became adults in your book.
Never heard of any of those people.

You mustn't read alot.[/quote] They're authors?[/quote]

No....
they're famous[/quote]Never heard of them until now.[/quote]

They would be very well known people in western culture, they all were known for something such as music or acting.
I've been here way too long...
Feb 1, 2015 9:13 AM

Nov 2014
Whenever you are being tried as an adult in court.
Feb 1, 2015 9:20 AM

Aug 2014
TheConquerer said:
MechaKiryu said:
Never heard of any of those people.

You mustn't read alot.
They're authors?[/quote]

No....

They would be very well known people in western culture, they all were known for something such as music or acting.[/quote] So why did you say "you mustn't read a lot", if they're not authors?
Feb 1, 2015 9:23 AM

May 2014
MechaKiryu said:
TheConquerer said:

You mustn't read alot.
They're authors?

No....

They would be very well known people in western culture, they all were known for something such as music or acting.[/quote] So why did you say "you mustn't read a lot", if they're not authors?[/quote]
I was referring to the news and blogs not books
Feb 1, 2015 9:34 AM

Aug 2014
ITs not age. Its an event I think.
Feb 1, 2015 9:37 AM

Jul 2014
Mentally can be at a pretty early age like 15
Feb 1, 2015 9:37 AM

Sep 2014
When they don't want to age anymore , or understands that Santa Claus doesn't exist.
Feb 1, 2015 9:38 AM

Aug 2014
TheConquerer said:
MechaKiryu said:
They're authors?

No....
they're famous
Never heard of them until now.[/quote]

They would be very well known people in western culture, they all were known for something such as music or acting.[/quote] So why did you say "you mustn't read a lot", if they're not authors?[/quote]
I was referring to the news and blogs not books[/quote] "You mustn't watch the news a lot" would be a better way to say it.
Feb 1, 2015 9:50 AM

May 2014
MechaKiryu said:
TheConquerer said:

No....
they're famous

I was referring to the news and blogs not books[/quote] "You mustn't watch the news a lot" would be a better way to say it.[/quote]

Jimi hendrix and Curt Cobain have been dead for a few decades, I doubt they would still be on the news.
Feb 1, 2015 9:52 AM

Feb 2014
When, you know, they do the things with the peepees o/////o
Feb 1, 2015 9:58 AM
Jul 2018
If you haven't fully matured by 5 then you're probably autistic.
Feb 1, 2015 10:15 AM

Aug 2014
TheConquerer said:
MechaKiryu said:

They would be very well known people in western culture, they all were known for something such as music or acting.
So why did you say "you mustn't read a lot", if they're not authors?[/quote]
I was referring to the news and blogs not books[/quote] "You mustn't watch the news a lot" would be a better way to say it.[/quote]

Jimi hendrix and Curt Cobain have been dead for a few decades, I doubt they would still be on the news.[/quote] Decades? Shit, that's almost the Dinosaur age man. Why do you expect me to know such old fossils?
Feb 1, 2015 10:44 AM

Jul 2012
Adults are just children all grown up.
Feb 1, 2015 10:50 AM

May 2013
by the time you are 30 you are probably ready to qualify for true elder status
I CELEBRATE myself,
And what I assume you shall assume,
For every atom belonging to me as good belongs to you.
Feb 1, 2015 10:54 AM

Nov 2014
Yeah, make it 85. In my country you are adult at 18 you like it or not. You can't define what does it mean to be an adult so I guess you are adult when your country says so.
Feb 1, 2015 10:56 AM

Nov 2014
~24
Feb 1, 2015 10:58 AM

Oct 2012
Shimapan-chan said:
I think people become adults at 21. I see 20 as a weird spot between teenager and adult, similar like that preteen/tween spot between child and teenager. Yeah someone at 20 will no longer be a teenager but they don't have all of their rights yet so I wouldn't consider them an adult.

In my country, I can do anything I want to do at 18.
I'm living 300 miles away from the nearest family member, with a few thousand in my banks that I can spend any way I want. I can drink, I can smoke, I can gamble, I can vote, I can learn to drive, I can have sex, I could get married... if I wanted to do one of these things. I don't think I've changed a great deal mentally from the last year to this one, even if I've learnt a few more skills... I probably won't mature a lot more. Mentally I was an adult quite a while ago.
You might want to define an adult as someone who has a 'full time job' or other mouths to feed, but then a lot of people will never become adults, or will have to wait until they've finished their undergraduate and/ or postgraduate degree. You could say it's when people have 'great responsibility of any kind'... but then people are 'capable' of being adults for a long time... which is a little bit weird.

I feel like most people are capable of being adults at 16, even if not all 16 year olds feel like they need to be mature until the responsibility is actually there.

~ join the MAL suicide pact! ~ ~ ★☭★ ~ ~ embrace nuclear annihilation! ~
Feb 1, 2015 11:00 AM

Mar 2014
The age where they reach a static point in their lives.
[i]"Yet each man kills the thing he loves,
By each let this be heard,
Some do it with a bitter look,
Some with a flattering word,
The coward does it with a kiss,
The brave man with a sword!''
~Oscar
[/i]
Feb 1, 2015 11:05 AM

May 2014
darksasuke96 said:
You can't define what does it mean to be an adult so I guess you are adult when your country says so.
If you can't define what it means to be an adult when your country says so, then you're not an adult tbh.

If you still can't be responsible and mature enough by the time you are of age when your country says you're of age, then you still have a lot of growing up to do. Being physically mature is one thing, letting it get to your head while still not having grown up mentally and emotionally though would just bring you down.

And that's speaking from my experience. I've met a lot of people irl with the same outlook as you.
Click my sig
Feb 1, 2015 11:14 AM

Jan 2015
orario said:
Mentally grown up you can become even at 14 years old. Or the opposite, after 30.

It all depends on how shitty your life was. The more shit you had to go through the earlier you become an adult. I can relate

It depends. You grow if you don't crumble. Seen it in so many friends' experince. Fortunately I always had my family by my side to support me...

JonyJC said:
The concept of adolescence is ridiculous, 14 should be the norm, grow the fuck up and stop being dumbasses until your 30s.

This is what SHOULD be. But people are too used to comfort, so why growing up? Though, I completely agree with you...
Feb 1, 2015 11:43 AM
Jul 2018
I think some males between the age of 17-21 have a hard time figuring their lives out.

I'm 19 and it is damn hard to figure out what I want to do because I'm so worried about financial stability and all the other things.

So yeah I think after 21 I'll eventually mature and get the flow.
I'm scared as fuck tho.
Feb 1, 2015 12:05 PM

May 2014
MechaKiryu said:
TheConquerer said:

So why did you say "you mustn't read a lot", if they're not authors?

Jimi hendrix and Curt Cobain have been dead for a few decades, I doubt they would still be on the news.[/quote] Decades? Shit, that's almost the Dinosaur age man. Why do you expect me to know such old fossils?[/quote]

You sound incredibly ignorant, if we followed that kind of logic why should we know Hitler or Mozart or Elvis Presley since they're so old?
Dont try and provoke others if it means making yourself seem dumb.
Feb 1, 2015 12:32 PM

Sep 2012
I would answer that, but even at 20 years old I still don't feel like much of an adult, so my answer would be pretty worthless.
☕ Truth be told, I'm quite proud of my house blend. To attain my flavor and fragrance, I use five different types of coffee beans. ☕
Feb 1, 2015 12:47 PM

Aug 2014
the human brain fully develops for males at mid-20 and females early 20

males reach full physical maturity around 17

females reach full physical maturity around 15
Feb 1, 2015 1:12 PM

Nov 2013
Mentally, it could vary from person to person.
In general, early 20's I guess.

I can see you

Feb 1, 2015 1:28 PM

Dec 2013
It really depends if you mean physically, mentally or legally.

It's entirely subjective.
Feel free to message me to chat.
Feb 1, 2015 1:37 PM

Oct 2012
No age.
I think humans just learn how to behave adult and look adult on the outside.
I think every grown-up person isn't an adult, no matter how mature they might act or seem, because I consider hope and desire to be wishes of a young soul.
And even when hope and desire vanish from a depressed soul, that doesn't mean it has aged. Because I think even the people who claim to have experienced everything worthy to experience in this world are really just saying "I'm ready for the next adventure", and adventures are for what we consider children.
So yeah, I think people stay children forever.
If life ain't just a joke
Then why are we laughing?

If life ain't just a joke
Then why am I dead?
Feb 1, 2015 1:40 PM

Jun 2014
21 I suppose is the "adult" age. I am 23 and still act like a teenager in some aspects of my life. It's probably because I such a goof, so it's more of a personality thing.

music is life...
Feb 1, 2015 1:46 PM

Jul 2014
there is no specific age. everybody matures differently. some are fast af some are slow and take their time.. some never grow up ffs
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Are you mentally ill?

Ejrodiew - Apr 24

28 by _Nette_ »»
24 minutes ago

» What anime character would make a good villian in Courage The Cowardly Dog and why?

vasipi4946 - 9 hours ago

2 by Zarutaku »»
45 minutes ago

Poll: » Bluey is the most watched anime in the world now

tsukareru - Apr 24

29 by ISeeLifePeople »»
1 hour ago

» Believe it or not, but my father-in-law works for law enforcement

DesuMaiden - Yesterday

13 by hypergoob »»
1 hour ago

» Dracula, Strange Case of Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde or Frankenstein(books)?

Absurdo_N - Apr 23

11 by xthewarwithinx »»
3 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.