Forum Settings
Forums

MAL Fiction: The Grand MAL Tournament [Astrid vs. Gerald vs. Eucli vs. Hammer]

New
Pages (15) « First ... « 11 12 [13] 14 15 »
Mar 3, 2015 1:58 PM

Aug 2013
The anticipation builds as the contest gathers steam, what will we see in the next rounds I wonder
Mar 4, 2015 5:37 PM

Dec 2014
Yore wandered through what seemed to be an underwater research station. He passed through one of the long and dimly lit hallways in the structure not stopping to look out the numerous windows that he would walk by. It was an eerie silence but Yore acted as confident as he wanted to seem.

After minutes of aimless travelling he finally felt the presence of another being in the base. The sound that he heard came closer and closer to him. ‘Plop. Plop. Plop.’ As Yore heard that, he put his back to a wall in a hallway. Beside him was a window looking out at the sea floor. There was still light so he deduced that he wasn’t too far down.

“Where are you, you stupid penguin?” He asked himself quietly as he pulled out his two weapons. First, he manifested, using condensing magic, his Rabble Rouser, a large pike that was almost the height from the floor to the roof. In his other hand he manifested his epee which he then sheathed by his side. “Woops. Can’t forget this,” Yore said as he pulled out a pair of sunglasses from his button-up shirt’s pocket. He placed them on the nose of the bridge and unbeknownst to him, the crowd watching from outside rolled their eyes.

The plopping of non-human feet became louder. ‘Plop.’ Slowly they sped up with an increase in volume. ‘Plop. Plop. Plop.’ Yore heard them coming out of the corner. ‘Plop. Plop. Plop. Plop. Plop,’ then nothing. Silence. Yore still had his back to the wall but he shimmied down towards the corner and was met with an unpleasant surprise.

A large and menacing flipper swung from Yore’s blind side. He expected the hit to be not as painful as it actually was. It was expected that the force would be spread over a wider area but the sheer velocity of the strike physically rocked Yore as he dropped his Rabble Rouser.

“Uu u-kki-ng p-e,” Yore struggled to speak with a flipper on his face. He opted to go a different way with his retaliation. The penguin neglected a surprisingly obvious detail in its attack. If only for a moment, Yore found an opening to counter the initial attack. He drove the pike towards the penguin’s large and foreboding stomach. Much to Yore’s dismay, the penguin moved out of the way. At the very least, he wasn’t being suffocated anymore.

Then started Yore’s counterattack. With fancy footwork he danced around the penguin. The penguin tried to keep up with Yore’s movements but found itself unable to do so because of its fat and clumsy legs. Yore played with the penguin for a moment before actually attacking.

In a single movement, Yore planted his back foot on the floor behind him while dodging an attempted flipper slap with a duck. As the flipper flew above his head, he exploded from the ground with only his back foot stabbing the penguin in its right shoulder with his epee. The penguin squeaked in pain and hastily retaliated with a flipper slap with the side which wasn’t injured. Yore wasn’t able to see through the penguin’s attack but luckily enough the flipper slap wasn’t well prepared so on pure instinct, Yore was able to dodge then stab the right flipper a few more times. Yore observed that the penguin’s right arm was out of commission. He could now focus on taking out the left side but first, he felt the need to insert some words into the otherwise quiet battle.

Yore jumped back a few times to distance himself from the penguin. The penguin didn’t follow so that it could regain some strength in the downtime.

“I thought you guys were supposed to be cuter,” Yore told the penguin despite not knowing whether or not the penguin could understand English. “You’re actually kind of scary.”

Squeak

“Yeah, yeah. I don’t care.” Yore put his right foot in front of his body and pointed at the penguin with two fingers. He turned his hand upside down and wagged them at the penguin. “Show me ya’ moves,” he said.

The penguin did just that. It ran straight at Yore with the resolve that only a giant penguin could harbour. Yore prepared to block a slap but the penguin stopped. It stopped in its tracks. In the moment that Yore was taken aback at the odd behaviour of the penguin, the penguin sucked in air. It inhaled an insane amount before releasing it.

From the penguin’s mouth came a beam of solid ice that was flung towards Yore. Once again, Yore acted on instinct to dodge the attack that came so unexpectedly. Unlike before, he was only partially successful. The attack reached his right shoulder and scraped off skin and a little bit of bone. Yore fell to the floor and screamed in pain as his epee clinked and clanged before it settled on the ground beside him. Despite being unarmed, he remained calm. After all, what would people think of him if he was seen afraid?

Across from him was his Rabble Rouser but it would take a few movements for him to reach it. Though calm, he was unable to formulate a plan to get to it so he did what he did best: improvise.

The penguin once again breathed in air; an action which sent a shiver down Yore’s spine. And once again, the penguin inhaled more air than penguinly possible.

Yore stayed in his defensive position in the floor. “This is going to be fun,” he said.

The penguin released its ice beam. It was faster and stronger than the first one but that didn’t stop Yore from anticipating it on instinct. He rolled his body towards the Rabble Rouser and picked it up while completely dodging the ice beam.

The penguin backed off as it waited for Yore to strike. It was futile.

Yore threw his Rabble Rouser towards the penguin striking it square in the stomach. It became lodged and the penguin fell on its back.

The stage went back to default. The crowd saw the large creature on the ground and the washed up celebrity still standing tall with his fist raised in the air.
Mar 4, 2015 5:44 PM

Sep 2013
RIP Penguin-kun - you will not be forgotten :')

Glorious battle! Good job Sameprotagonist! ;D
Once an alt always an alt! | ( ˇ෴ˇ ) | I ♥ Music
Mar 4, 2015 5:45 PM

Dec 2014
Brynhildr said:

SAME? I'm not the SAME protagonist!!!!!

I'm... some protagonist.

Also thanks :))
Mar 4, 2015 5:49 PM

Sep 2013
someprotagonist said:
Brynhildr said:

SAME? I'm not the SAME protagonist!!!!!

I'm... some protagonist.

Also thanks :))

Duh - sorry, lapsus! Went of by memory and was wrong >.<

*some
Once an alt always an alt! | ( ˇ෴ˇ ) | I ♥ Music
Mar 4, 2015 5:50 PM

Jul 2012
OH MY GOD BOOO I KNEW YOU WOULD DO IT SOME DORKY PENGUIN DIDNT HAVE A CHANCE AGAINST HERLOCKS PROTEGE
הלב שלי כבר מת
Mar 4, 2015 6:53 PM

Apr 2014
lol I have some catching up to do
Mar 4, 2015 7:10 PM

Dec 2014
Protaku94 said:

Get on it. There's a quiz next round.
Mar 4, 2015 7:41 PM

Apr 2014
someprotagonist said:
Protaku94 said:

Get on it. There's a quiz next round.

But I'm bad at quizzes ;_;
Mar 5, 2015 9:32 AM

Dec 2012
BWAHAHAHA! THAT'S WHAT YOU GET WHEN YOU MESS WITH THE BEST!! NOT EVEN HAPPY FEET HERE COULD KEEP UP WITH EL NUMERO UNO'S SMOOTH MOVES!! LOOKS LIKE IT'S BACK TO THE BOTTOM OF THE FOOD CHAIN WHERE YOU BELONG, PENGUIN!

(ALSO, I THINK MY CAPS LOCK IS STUCK. SEND HELP.)
PantsManMar 5, 2015 3:10 PM
Mar 5, 2015 9:48 AM

Jun 2012
Herlock said:
OH MY GOD BOOO I KNEW YOU WOULD DO IT SOME DORKY PENGUIN DIDNT HAVE A CHANCE AGAINST HERLOCKS PROTEGE

OH MY GOSH WE DID IT ADVANCING TO ROUND TWO IT IS TIME TO WIN THIS THING FOR TEAM DATE'S HORSEMEN NO DORKY OVERSIZED PENGUIN IS GONNA HOLD US BACK

IF THERE WAS A PROBLEM, YO, I'LL SOLVE IT

ESPECIALLY GREAT JOB WITH THIS ONE PROTAGONIST I LOVE THE SEAFLOOR FACILITY SETTING AND THE FIGHT WAS TENSE DESPITE THE OPPONENT BEING, WELL, A PENGUIN MONSTROSITY

OchimushaMar 5, 2015 10:00 AM
Mar 5, 2015 3:04 PM

Mar 2010
Poor penguin :c The ending was fast but I still enjoyed reading it!

^
Lol You guys seem like extremist of some kind xD

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Mar 5, 2015 3:20 PM

Jun 2012
Rasco said:

Lol You guys seem like extremist of some kind xD

Yeah I expected the penguin to use his regenerative powers to get back up at that point but
someprotagonist said:
It was futile.
because Yore was bound to win either way no need to prolong it.
Mar 7, 2015 5:58 PM

Apr 2014
I've since caught up, and now there is nothing, y u doo dissssss
Mar 7, 2015 8:06 PM

Dec 2014
Protaku94 said:

I'm all about the irregular release. Keeps you on your toes.

Don't worry, it's coming. Your battle is imminent.
Mar 7, 2015 8:19 PM

Apr 2014
someprotagonist said:
Protaku94 said:

Yeeeeeeee sounds dope :) I hope you give me super duper awesome eye powers, and a quirky but cool personality xD If only you knew me better lol
Mar 7, 2015 8:58 PM

Dec 2014
Protaku94 said:
someprotagonist said:

Yeeeeeeee sounds dope :) I hope you give me super duper awesome eye powers, and a quirky but cool personality xD If only you knew me better lol

Oh. I know you. I know you better than you know yourself.
Mar 8, 2015 12:57 PM

Apr 2014
someprotagonist said:
Protaku94 said:

Oh. I know you. I know you better than you know yourself.

B-Ba-Baka >////< If you know me, you must know if I wear glasses or not! It's a secret~
Mar 8, 2015 1:03 PM

Jun 2012
Irregular releases hype.

Poll for the match: http://strawpoll.me/3798699

Shrimperor said:
Sign The Shrimperor up!

Powers: Healing, Powering up (Speed, Strengh, def, etc...) and Summoning of Familiars.

vs.
Protaku94 said:

Name: Protaku

Powers/abilities: Super athletic and have ocular powers when my eyes change color! Like red eyes means setting stuff on fire, blue means freezing, etc. I'll leave you to decide the other colors :)

Wears: Long brown trench coat just because.

I also carry around a pistol just in caseeeeeee

<3
Mar 8, 2015 3:37 PM

Jan 2013
Lol what's Protaku gonna do to shrimp, stare him to death?

He has a pistol though so he gets my vote
Mar 8, 2015 5:36 PM

Apr 2014
DoctorCaim said:

I see what you did there 8)
Mar 8, 2015 6:00 PM

Jan 2013
Protaku94 said:
DoctorCaim said:

Why use bold? The pun was a pretty obvious eye-opener
Mar 8, 2015 6:10 PM

Apr 2014
DoctorCaim said:
Protaku94 said:

lol why italicize? There's more than one way to look at this.
Mar 8, 2015 6:35 PM

Dec 2014
Just FYI I'm beginning the chapter tonight. It's unlikely I finish it before I sleep.
Mar 8, 2015 6:56 PM

Apr 2014
someprotagonist said:
Just FYI I'm beginning the chapter tonight. It's unlikely I finish it before I sleep.

Yeeeeeeeee take your time <3 I've waited this long I can wait some more xD
Mar 8, 2015 7:35 PM

Dec 2014
Protaku94 said:
someprotagonist said:

Yeeeeeeeee take your time <3 I've waited this long I can wait some more xD

Thank you for your patience :)))
Mar 8, 2015 7:36 PM

Nov 2013
Looks like I have a fuck-tonne of catching up to do.
[center][size=85][b]MAL Interviews[/size] | [/size][size=85][b]MAL's Chatting Corner | [size=85][color=darkviolet]If you wear Caesar's clothes, you have to behave like Caesar.[/color][/size][/b]
Mar 8, 2015 7:57 PM

Apr 2014
Harems said:
Looks like I have a fuck-tonne of catching up to do.

Rek em. The stories are awesome so they'll go by fast hehe.
Mar 9, 2015 1:48 AM

Aug 2013
I have to wait forever for mai turn *pout*
Mar 9, 2015 1:50 AM

Jul 2012
Spooky_Love said:

me 2
Mar 9, 2015 2:48 AM

Jan 2013
Protaku94 said:
DoctorCaim said:

lol why italicize? There's more than one way to look at this.
Fuck. You got me. I'm at a creative slump here. Eye can't think of anymore puns.
Mar 9, 2015 1:35 PM

Dec 2014
mayukachan said:
Spooky_Love said:

me 2

Yours is coming soon :p BTW... I'm planning to write you as a magical girl so there's that...
Mar 9, 2015 1:35 PM

Dec 2014
Spooky_Love said:

I won't leave you in the dark. Patience :))
Mar 9, 2015 1:38 PM

Jul 2012
someprotagonist said:
mayukachan said:

me 2

Yours is coming soon :p BTW... I'm planning to write you as a magical girl so there's that...

awww yuuus :) looking forward
Mar 9, 2015 5:34 PM

Dec 2014
It was rainy. It was windy. Protaku stood looking out of the window of the tall lighthouse overloooking unsettled seas; his collar unfurled and covering the bottom half of his face. From the other side of the top floor a door opened.

The Shrimperor entered the room and closed the door quietly so as to not make a ruckus. He scanned the room and saw the silhouette of Protaku by the window but he was not able to make out the intricacies of the man in the coat.

“It’s a little bit nippy outside, isn’t it?” Protaku asked The Shrimperor from across the room.

The Shrimperor observed that the room was quite spacious with nothing but a circular carpet to cover the circular floor. “Where I am from you cannot feel the rain,” the emperor told Protaku. “But you can feel this,” he added to his statement before he sprinted towards Protaku. The Shrimperor made it to arm’s distance of Protaku and lowered his body in preparation for an uppercut. As he swung, Protaku dodged while still looking away from his attacker. The Shrimperor found Protaku in a particularly vulnerable position. With his other hand, The Shrimperor found a potential opening on Protaku’s left temple but before the noble crustacean’s fist could make contact, Protaku looked at him.

“What is the nonsense?” The Shrimperor asked Protaku as his fist was less than five centimeters away from Protaku’s head. The eccentric man with the crown was frozen in place as he looked at Protaku’s bright white eyes. In that dark room, Protaku’s eyes were the only source of light.

“I don’t know… why’d you stop moving?”

Shrimperor rolled his eyes. “So this is why you couldn’t look at me?”

“Good work, Sherlock.”

“I am not fond of pop culture references from the surface,” The Shrimperor said. “Are you going to end me now?”

“That’s the plan,” Protaku replied. As he kept his gaze at The Shrimperor he pulled out a small revolver from the inside of his coat and pointed it blank at The Shrimperor’s head. “Any last words?”

“Oh my, how cliche. I’m disappointed in you. You seemed like the kind of person to think of something clever. I was wrong.”

“Is that it?”

“It will be a disappointment to the crowd if this ends right here and right now,” The Shrimperor said.

Protaku shrugged and raised his eyebrows. “Well, not every match is going to be entertaining.”

“True. But we can make this one something to talk about.”

“I’ve got you point blank. You can’t move and my finger is on the trigger.”

“You’ve made a drastic mistake. You let me talk.”

Protaku’s firery white eyes widened. “What are--”

Mantis

A figure came crashing through the window that Protaku was beside. The cold ocean winds entered the room as the figure pinned down the man in the coat. The revolver fell a meter or two away from Protaku and the intruder.

“It’s called a mantis shrimp. One of these beings have been known to destroy things much stronger than you,” The Shrimperor told Protaku.

Lightning illuminated the room for a moment. Protaku saw that the person pinning him down was not human. It had a multicoloured shell and eyes detached from its body. Its herculean strength overpowered Protaku.

“And even better, it seems your ocular powers don’t work on non humans. How fun.”

“Tsk.” Protaku struggled to move against the power of a giant mantis shrimp.

“End him.” The mantis shrimp took its (human equivalent to) arms and punched Protaku in the temple. Two, three, even four hits connected before Protaku was able to wriggle his right arm free and strike the shrimp’s eyes. It moved back and gave Protaku breathing room to roll towards his gun.

He quickly pointed the gun towards The Shrimperor and pulled the trigger. The bullet flew out of the revolver and hit The Shrimperor in the right lung. After that, he turned the other way to shoot the mantis shrimp. The first bullet hit the shell and bounced off. He adjusted his aim for the second shot and he was able to take out both of the mantis shrimp’s eyes. It flailed and convulsed on the floor in pain. Protaku expected The Shrimperor to be doing the same thing but the royal man stood tall. Protaku witnessed the torn bone and skin of The Shrimperor mend itself.

“Okay…” Protaku said as he breathed in deeply. “What should I do now?”

The Shrimperor exploded towards Protaku. While avoiding Protaku’s eyes, The Shrimperor made multiple strikes on the head and torso. The man in the coat screamed in pain as he dodged while rolling on the floor. There was another degree of difficulty in not getting hurt as Protaku had to dodge the erratic movements of the giant mantis shrimp.

The Shrimperor slowly walked towards the cowering Protaku who had his eyes down at the ground. The only noises that could be heard were the Shrimperor’s foosteps and the flailing of the mantis shrimp though even that was starting to dissipate. Shrimperor lifted his right arm and chanted something under his breath. The arm turned into a large claw that was both menacing and comforting as it looked like it could produce a painless death.

The Shrimperor loomed over Protaku and swung.

“Psych,” Protaku said as he lifted his head. He looked at The Shrimperor with cold blue eyes. Once again, The Shrimperor’s swing was interrupted with ocular powers. The shrimp emperor started to turn blue from the head down to the toes until frozen solid.

Protaku picked himself up from the ground. He found his revolver which he didn’t realize was off his person. He walked towards the barely alive mantis shrimp and ended its misery with three shots.

“One last bullet in this, hey?” He asked himself as he pulled the trigger at the frozen Shrimperor’s head. The shrimp man broke into hundreds of pieces. It was over.

The arena turned back to its default. Protaku walked back to the tunnel without acknowledging the cheering crowd.

The cleaners took the broken pieces of the Shrimperor to an undisclosed room to be disposed of. They figured that the scientists would have no need for a specimen as tattered as that so they dumped it into a compacter.

The cleaners didn’t know hours after they disposed of the pieces in the trash, thousands of live crawling shrimps escaped.
Mar 9, 2015 5:51 PM

Apr 2014
Omg yes, I'm just getting back from dreary college and I have this waiting for me <3
Ooooooo awesome battle! I'm not sure why, but I giggled when Shrimperor summoned a shrimp familiar hehe.

Apr 2014

Had this playing in the background too. Made the battle even more epic xD

Dec 2014
Protaku94 said:
Omg yes, I'm just getting back from dreary college and I have this waiting for me <3
Ooooooo awesome battle! I'm not sure why, but I giggled when Shrimperor summoned a shrimp familiar hehe.

What are you taking in college?
Mar 9, 2015 5:58 PM

Apr 2014
someprotagonist said:
Protaku94 said:

Just going to community college right now, trying to get an AA in Liberal Arts. I had an exam today in Music class that I probably did sheet on. and a lame English 102 lecture after :/ But this battle was a nice way to forget about the Monday blues ^_^

Are you going to college or uni Mr.Protagonist .-.? I should have graduated myself by now lelz.
Mar 9, 2015 6:06 PM

Jun 2012
The shrimp emperor idea was really cool I like him having a crown, shame he was taken out like that. The ending makes me wonder whether or not he'll be relevant to the overarching plot later on. Him being a philistine in regards to "surface" culture is cool, he could of been a nice heel like Herlock.

I'm not sure what to think of Protaku yet, he'll be very interesting to see going forward.

Another great setting by the way.

After the next battle I think it'd be cool to do a poll for all of the "best sixteen" in the bracket.
Mar 9, 2015 6:06 PM

Dec 2014
Protaku94 said:
someprotagonist said:

Just going to community college right now, trying to get an AA in Liberal Arts. I had an exam today in Music class that I probably did sheet on. and a lame English 102 lecture after :/ But this battle was a nice way to forget about the Monday blues ^_^

Are you going to college or uni Mr.Protagonist .-.? I should have graduated myself by now lelz.

Nice! I was always interested in going into Arts but life took me elsewhere.

I'm going to a Canadian university and I'm in my 3rd year. I'm in secondary education (so high school/jr. high) with a major in math and a minor in special education. By no means am I a 'math genius' but I work hard and can do well by grinding away at practice questions and review.
Mar 9, 2015 6:09 PM

Dec 2014
YorozuyaGinSan said:

After the next battle I think it'd be cool to do a poll for all of the "best sixteen" in the bracket.

I think I'll do that too. Also, just to cut down the amount of battles I'm going to do battles of 4 in the second round with the remaining two moving to the 3rd to duke it out. I'm kind of hesitant but I will really need it. Finals season for my classes are just around the corner and unfortunately in that time period I will have to focus all my manpower into that.
Mar 9, 2015 6:09 PM

Jun 2012
Posting this early in hopes that more than three people vote.

Mayuka vs Deborah poll: http://strawpoll.me/3834932

That's understandable as long as it works out for the bracket with the first match being Astrid/Gerald/Eucli/Hammer.
OchimushaMar 9, 2015 6:13 PM
Mar 9, 2015 6:14 PM

Apr 2014
someprotagonist said:
Protaku94 said:

Nice! I was always interested in going into Arts but life took me elsewhere.

I'm going to a Canadian university and I'm in my 3rd year. I'm in secondary education (so high school/jr. high) with a major in math and a minor in special education. By no means am I a 'math genius' but I work hard and can do well by grinding away at practice questions and review.

lol it's good life took you elsewhere since an Art degree is barely worth anything :/ I'm hoping to transfer to uni, but I gotta pass these 2 math classes that are just not my thing . . .

Still, you sound like you got your game down! You have to be successful and stuff in place of me xD Good luck on your finals too.
Mar 9, 2015 6:15 PM

Dec 2014
YorozuyaGinSan said:

That's understandable as long as it works out for the bracket with the first match being Astrid/Gerald/Eucli/Hammer.

Thank you for your understanding. Yes I will be working with that direction!
Mar 9, 2015 6:16 PM

Apr 2014
YorozuyaGinSan said:

I only didn't vote because you know, it didn't feel right to vote for me or the other guy lelz. But it's obvious Mayuka gon' rek next round.
Mar 9, 2015 6:17 PM

Dec 2013
Interesting end for the Shrimperor. Makes you wonder is he actually dead or playing a bigger role. Finally caught up on all of the stories, for men of few words Yatagarasu and Allen von Stein sure did talk a lot. Host turned out to be mostly how I imagined her. Looking forward to how the battles of four will work out.
Mar 9, 2015 6:58 PM

Dec 2014
Astros477 said:
Finally caught up on all of the stories, for men of few words Yatagarasu and Allen von Stein sure did talk a lot.

As a writer I enjoy dialogue. A lot. I like to write line after line of dialogue no matter how ridiculous that would seem in a real life setting. I don't know why. I thought it would be ironic if I described both of them as men of few words :p
Mar 9, 2015 7:07 PM

Dec 2013
someprotagonist said:
As a writer I enjoy dialogue. A lot. I like to write line after line of dialogue no matter how ridiculous that would seem in a real life setting. I don't know why. I thought it would be ironic if I described both of them as men of few words :p

Quite ironic really, I expected mainly battle. Then I'm greeted by them contemplating human morality and it's place on other beings that are not human.
Mar 10, 2015 5:38 AM

Aug 2013
someprotagonist said:
Spooky_Love said:

I won't leave you in the dark. Patience :))

Sweet I imagined it would be hard trying to write someone who keeps changing their set and mal persona all the time, I mean i was a Nazi a few days ago. (I like been difficult I guess because im going to let you handle it :p)

Been watching this for hype:

SpooksMar 10, 2015 5:48 AM
Pages (15) « First ... « 11 12 [13] 14 15 »

More topics from this board

» share your amv! ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Animetwins - May 5, 2015

1010 by ekabu24 »»
2 hours ago

» Impact of Anime on India's Youth & Its effects on Family Dynamics- A Survey

Anituber69 - Apr 10

6 by Anituber69 »»
Yesterday, 9:41 PM

» To Heart 2 Konomi Yuzuhara (MegaHouse 1/6, 2007/2024)

MasterTasuke - May 4

1 by MasterTasuke »»
May 4, 3:10 PM

» "Molly Ringwald"

MeanMrMusician - May 3

0 by MeanMrMusician »»
May 3, 7:57 PM

» Share Your YouTube Channel/Videos! ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

nin-tendo - Dec 16, 2022

366 by nin-tendo »»
May 3, 12:18 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.