Forum Settings
Forums

Manga 'Taboo Tattoo' Gets Anime Adaptation [Update 1/25]

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Jan 23, 2015 9:40 AM

Jan 2014
Paulo27 said:
MaxXZoe said:

sorry but it's very different...it's dark, rape and gore as examples
Don't ya just hate when there's rape in your ecchi anime? Ruins my day, man.

Probably watch it if it looks good enough.

Yeah I hate it.Though started reading this manga 2 weeks ago,so I'm surprised for these news.Will watch it.
Jan 23, 2015 12:46 PM

May 2012
Action, ecchi and super power ?! These genre alone makes this anime worth watching.

The girl holding a knife in manga cover reminds of Akame in Akame ga kill. I have no choice but to watch it. I can't not resist something like that.

MaxXZoe said:
lllllllll said:

Rape and gore you say !! Thats even better.
Jan 23, 2015 5:38 PM

Aug 2013
Hmm, lets put it this way: I'm usually incredibly tolerant with just about any manga I read. If I can get even the slightest menial enjoyment out of it, I'll keep reading it.

This manga however, was one of the very few that I just had to drop because there really wasn't anything good about it. I got maybe 10 chaps in, and there was so little excitement I couldn't handle it.

I don't have a problem with shit being generic, as long as it has potential to do something entertaining and interesting, but this was generic, on top of being boring as hell.

I might watch the anime just to see the story get farther than I read and for the hell of it, but I can definitely say I'm not expecting this to be even remotely good.
Jan 23, 2015 5:40 PM

Jul 2012
wow the genre and cover picture throw me off completely.

will wait for more details.

MaxXZoe said:

oh that means it'll be a good show. thanks, man
Jan 24, 2015 5:02 PM
Jan 24, 2015 6:23 PM

Dec 2011
I have never read this manga but the synopsis looks interesting. Maybe I'll check this out.
Jan 25, 2015 6:00 AM

Mar 2014
Stark700 said:
Scheduled to air in 2015. Chance of TV adaptation very likely.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2015-01-24/taboo-tattoo-french-publisher-anime-will-air-in-2015/.83651
I wonder who is going to animate it, most of the big guys that could handle this well already have their hands pretty full.
Jan 25, 2015 6:19 AM

Nov 2011
Paulo27 said:
Stark700 said:
Scheduled to air in 2015. Chance of TV adaptation very likely.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2015-01-24/taboo-tattoo-french-publisher-anime-will-air-in-2015/.83651
I wonder who is going to animate it, most of the big guys that could handle this well already have their hands pretty full.

My guesses are Madhouse, Bones, and Production I.G. for now. A-1 may also be a possibility despite the amount of shows they are working on right now.
Jan 25, 2015 7:06 AM

Mar 2014
Stark700 said:
Paulo27 said:

My guesses are Madhouse, Bones, and Production I.G. for now. A-1 may also be a possibility despite the amount of shows they are working on right now.
I was thinking Bones too, I just didn't mention it because I thought they were doing Gangsta. too (and I'm hoping Kekkai Sensen is 2 cours) but that's Manglobe, I guess since it was announced now and it'll air this year it'll probably be around Fall so I could see Bones doing it, Production I.G. would be nice too.
Jan 26, 2015 5:20 AM
May 2012
Dafuq, is Seigi a boy or a girl?? The synopsis said "him", but the cover has a girl with boobs =_=
Jan 26, 2015 5:23 AM

Jan 2015
No. I bet it will be Diomedia.

Bones doesn't do generic stuff like this unless it's original.
Jan 26, 2015 7:22 AM

Mar 2014
Tengai said:
Dafuq, is Seigi a boy or a girl?? The synopsis said "him", but the cover has a girl with boobs =_=
The girl is probably the one who pursues him.

ChairForceOne said:

Those guys need a long break after Spring.
Jan 27, 2015 1:19 AM

Nov 2011
ChairForceOne said:

They did say they are adapting 3 series and making one original this year though. Kekkai Sensen is one of them.
Jan 27, 2015 1:23 AM

Sep 2012
synopsis said:
Seigi, a martial arts trained middle-schooler, often feels driven to protect the weaker people around him.
Groan

One day, he defends a homeless man against some punks, and the man gives him a strange tattoo on his palm in return.
At least it's not a girl about to get raped.

The tattoo is a secret weapon produced in the arms race between America and the Serinistan Kingdom.

Seigi finds himself in over his head when a powerful girl, using the same secret weapon, violently pursues him in order to retrieve it. His skill at martial arts may not be enough to keep him alive, but will he be able to learn how to trigger the power of his tattoo in time?
Meh.

Not interested in another dumb harem.
Feb 10, 2015 2:41 PM

Jul 2014
One of the few manga I actually put off for a while, maybe i should continue? First few chaps were OK but it it fell off a cliff from there.

Willing to make some predictions about the anime though, will it be:
A) 12 episodes, rushed, cheap animation with boobs all over the place. A bit like Absolute Duo. (Thing is I quite like the manga of AD but they had to ruin the anime >.>)

OR

B) 24 episodes. Story drags on for oooon and oooon. *Fill in extra complaints here*

Tbh many people may just drop the series 1-4 episodes in as in my opinion (should it follow the manga) the first few chapters seem to lack that pull factor.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

More topics from this board

» GoHands Produces Original TV Anime 'Momentary Lily' for Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

13 by VivavideoUser2x »»
32 minutes ago

» Manga 'Senpai ga Uzai Kouhai no Hanashi' Ends with 13th Volume

Hyperion_PS - 10 hours ago

7 by Yubisoft »»
5 hours ago

» 'Mahoutsukai no Yakusoku' Announces Production Staff, Cast

DatRandomDude - Apr 24

5 by Kushna »»
Yesterday, 5:34 PM

» 'Code Geass: Dakkan no Rozé' Announces Additional Cast

DatRandomDude - Apr 10

17 by animegamer245 »»
Yesterday, 4:09 PM

» Original Anime Movie 'A New Dawn' Announced for 2025

DatRandomDude - Apr 23

5 by dimidrum »»
Apr 24, 3:41 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.