Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Nov 23, 2009 10:14 AM

Aug 2009
The three stories in this anime were all starkly different regarding style, story, and character development. Watching Ayakashi is like watching three separate mini-anime series all in one.

So which one was your favorite and why? Did you like a particular style in one section that you think would have done well in another part of the story?

I personally liked Tenshu Monogatari the best because of the romantic love story. Yotsuya Kaidan focused too much on revenge rather than a blossoming love.
And, of course, the art and voice actors in Bakeneko were unforgettable!
Dec 13, 2009 6:09 AM

Oct 2008
Seeing as I've only watched the latter 2 story arc I cannot form a good opinion of which one is my favorite. I mean if you like romance obviously the second story is going to be your favorite However of the art from the two storylines I've watched, Bakeneko's artwork was the most familiar to me because it resembled the older FF (Final Fantasy game series) illustration art.

EDIT: I just looked it up, no wonder it looked like it, the FF illustrator Yoshitaka Amano DID work on Ayakashi XD Well, now I know I'm not crazy for thinking that Ayakashi Art looked like Amano's work XD
StarSiderealDec 13, 2009 6:18 AM
Mar 1, 2010 8:37 PM

Aug 2009
StarSidereal said:
EDIT: I just looked it up, no wonder it looked like it, the FF illustrator Yoshitaka Amano DID work on Ayakashi XD Well, now I know I'm not crazy for thinking that Ayakashi Art looked like Amano's work XD

^_^ I actually found this anime because I am an avid follower of Amano's artwork. He's done a few others as well - as well as "Mononoke" - a direct off-shoot of the third story. The Medicine Seller totally reminded me of Cecil from FFIV, when he turned into the Paladin.

lightcircus - xD Bakeneko did sorta make the other two look like a joke in some ways, but the first two were still enjoyable. The story was the real kicker- though I think the voice acting had a lot to do with it as well. Kusuriuri, the Medicine Seller, wouldn't have had the same effect if someone else had done his voice.
Mar 15, 2010 11:48 AM

Jan 2009
I think that the first one is the best. Absolutely horror. Tragedy as it is but very realistic. I don't like the second one at all. Simple romantic love story - not for me. And about the third one - I LOVE Kusuriuri. I really enjoy watching all of the Mononoke series so Bakeneko is not an exception.
Jul 11, 2011 10:29 PM

Jul 2010
I love the third arc. Not only the story was good but the art is so different compared to the other arcs.
Aug 8, 2011 8:34 AM

Mar 2009
Tenshu Monogatari is my favourite. Why? Because I like stories of forbidden love and so on. Love between Tomi Hime and Zusho-no-Suke made a big impression on me.
Aug 21, 2011 3:05 PM

Dec 2009
I liked the three of them, but my favorite would be the third part. The art was great.
May 10, 2016 1:43 PM
Apr 2016
Same, I love the forbidden love story.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ayakashi - Japanese Classic Horror Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

removed-user - May 13, 2009

59 by alpo42ab »»
Apr 15, 6:18 PM

Poll: » Ayakashi - Japanese Classic Horror Episode 1 Discussion

HooHiraiBunny - Nov 17, 2009

32 by Ittan_Momen »»
Oct 10, 2023 6:30 PM

Poll: » Ayakashi - Japanese Classic Horror Episode 8 Discussion

MusashiRose - Mar 26, 2010

33 by Ittan_Momen »»
Oct 7, 2023 9:30 PM

Poll: » Ayakashi - Japanese Classic Horror Episode 3 Discussion

Beatnik - Jun 22, 2008

29 by Ittan_Momen »»
Sep 15, 2023 8:50 PM

Poll: » Ayakashi - Japanese Classic Horror Episode 9 Discussion

Beatnik - Jun 22, 2008

29 by Lycan »»
Aug 14, 2023 2:18 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.