Forum Settings
Forums
New
Dec 17, 2014 4:23 PM

Jul 2014
I'm not sure if I'm posting this in the right spot but.... I feel like there may be groups of trolls amongst MAL. I posted a SAO review earlier today and went from 12/14 to 12/31 people finding my review helpful. Seems odd to me, maybe MAL should revise the way reviews are rated? Not finding reviews helpful and berating them are two completely different things. Just some food for thought. Anyone else have this issue?
"Man always thinks about the past before he dies, as if he were frantically searching for proof that he truly lived." -Jet Black (Cowboy Bebop)
Dec 17, 2014 5:02 PM
Apr 2014
oh cry me a river, some ppl found your review not so helpful, so they have to be trolls, lmao
That's how I see like more than half of the MAL users with their "waifus", hentais, harems, weird-ass video games and all that shit
Dec 17, 2014 5:29 PM

Nov 2011
What you described is normal even for less-watched series. It's even more so for a controversial anime like SAO. Either way, there are a lot of people who keep an eye on reviews.

There are those who cheat the review system afaik, but I heavily doubt that's the case here.

Don't review on MAL in hopes of having them be highly rated.
Dec 17, 2014 5:31 PM

Jan 2009
thats normal here on MAL, reviews in general here have more not helpful clicks, get use to it
Dec 17, 2014 5:36 PM

Nov 2010
TripleSRank said:
There are those who cheat the review system afaik, but I heavily doubt that's the case here.

Don't review on MAL in hopes of having them be highly rated.

Why would you cheat? So that your review has better rating than the rest? Ridiculous!

I don't read any reviews, but I've never understood how can a review be more helpful than other.
Dec 17, 2014 8:02 PM

Nov 2011
Kinkara said:
Why would you cheat? So that your review has better rating than the rest? Ridiculous!

I don't read any reviews, but I've never understood how can a review be more helpful than other.

Fanboys and haters are two extremes that could give "reason" for doing so.

A more helpful review would be one that gives you more information about the show, that gives you a better idea of what it's like, that discusses the pros and cons fairly, etc.
Dec 18, 2014 4:45 AM

Jul 2014
That makes sense. After looking through more reviews I noticed it's a common thread. I just found it odd that the negative feedback came all at once. I hosted a YouTube channel a few years back and similar things happened. I think it's kind of funny that people spend time doing that kind of stuff... No lives I guess. It won't detour me from writing reviews. Anywho, thanks guys!
"Man always thinks about the past before he dies, as if he were frantically searching for proof that he truly lived." -Jet Black (Cowboy Bebop)
Dec 18, 2014 6:14 AM

Mar 2013
In case you are interested in reading further discussion on this topic, I would recommend you to use the forums search function in the Suggestions forum board. It had been brought up many times in the past and how it effects the system as well as the userbase overall. As someone who has participated in most of such threads, I can say that some are worth the read to get the main idea of how things run and what results to expect on that matter.

More topics from this board

» [Reported] Username being auto-pasted into search bar

DariTheWeeb - Feb 19

49 by DeadPiles »»
2 hours ago

Sticky: » Inactive Username Request Thread ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kineta - Sep 21, 2015

3371 by NotDerb »»
5 hours ago

» IP ban glitch?

AverageRiceFan - Apr 21

2 by hich4n_ »»
8 hours ago

» ishinashi has 300 alt accounts and counting ( 1 2 3 )

deg - Jun 16, 2023

127 by Spunkert »»
Today, 6:05 AM

» Backup

Vapor_AU - Yesterday

1 by pichipichiHiro »»
Yesterday, 8:23 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.