Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 24, 2014 3:36 PM

Aug 2010
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
I enjoyed this series but I really wish that there were more people that respected Itsuki's gender other than her brother and her brother's wife.
I feel sorry for her because her "best friend" keeps getting her gender wrong and keeps getting in her way from getting a boy. I honestly didn't like her friend, but I guess as long as she's happy.
I personally can't be best friends with someone who doesn't respect my gender and never once calls me by the right pronouns
Aug 2, 2015 4:25 AM

Feb 2014
Itsuki have gender issues herself, going as far as showing her penis or calling other people gay whey they make passes at her. When you have this situation going on, can you even call Hina disrespectful? If anything, she is the most supportive out of everyone, going as far as rejecting her new-found boyfriend to stay with Itsuki.
Dec 25, 2015 3:08 PM

Feb 2014
Hated it.

First and second chapters were somehow good.

But then full of cliches... and that ending was awful.

1/10
Nov 25, 2017 3:23 PM

Dec 2013
It was ok however, there is no way this relationship went anywhere.
Oct 11, 2021 4:36 AM

Apr 2017
I'm not sure where the mangaka was going with this, tbh.

Hina's actually a very selfish character. She constantly hopes that Itsuki will go back to being a guy, despite Itsuki saying many times that she has no intention to. Hina hovers around her, hoping that her "love" will cause Itsuki to snap out of being attracted to men and be her boyfriend. She even gets jealous and blurts out to random strangers that Itsuki "is a guy", when it could be dangerous for Itsuki. Not to mention how Hina always calls Itsuki "he" and refers to her as a "gay guy", completely disregarding Itsuki's wants.

And Itsuki never calls her out on anything. Itsuki just takes everything Hina throws at her with a smile.

Hina's the one stuck in the past and in love with a person who doesn't exist anymore. Well-adjusted people move on when their love isn't reciprocated, they don't hang around hoping for an opening. That's not friendship or love for the other person, that's just selfishness and the inability to take no for an answer. Itsuki's not guilty of anything, she isn't responsible for Hina's feelings. I actually liked it when Itsuki said that the world wouldn't pamper Marui — because that's exactly what Hina's expecting: to be pampered by Itsuki. Who cares what Itsuki wants, as long as Hina gets what she wants?

Yuck.

The ending isn't completely rancid but it's still pretty damn awful. It implies that Itsuki is reconsidering some things about the way she presents, but also that she "can't be a guy", which IMO means she has no intention to stop identifying as a woman, though perhaps not as openly? (i.e. wearing female clothing and makeup). But if we take it like this, it's still a step back from before, and all for Hina's sake because she doesn't want to be seen in public dating a woman. Even if it's not a total "trans person was ~cured~" ending, it's still an ending where Itsuki's back in the closet and not allowed to express herself like before, which we see from the Susukino chapter how happy it made her (girl cried when she referred to herself as "watashi" for the first time, ffs).

Don't even know what to rate this. It had some good moments but the writing is a mess.

More topics from this board

» Intriguing, but lacks depth

tsoul - Jul 16, 2020

0 by tsoul »»
Jul 16, 2020 2:32 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.