Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Higurashi When They Cry: Festival Accompanying Arc
Available on Manga Store
New
Nov 20, 2014 7:46 AM
Jul 2018
So I had a lot of people recommend this to me,and I after watching the first 5 episodes,while being kinda intrigued by the story,I didn't really got a lot into the anime and I don't know if it's going to get any better.Could you please tell me if it will improve and become more interesting later one?(Try not to spoil anything,just say if it gets better or not,no justification asked.)
Nov 20, 2014 7:47 AM

Nov 2012
no
IF YOU LIKE DEATH PARADE, GO WATCH BARTENDER!!!
my animesongs chord thread : here bro
Nov 20, 2014 8:09 AM

Oct 2008
If you like Scooby Doo then yes it gets better....
Nov 20, 2014 8:09 AM

Nov 2012
amateur said:
If you like Scooby Doo then yes it gets better....
lol
Nov 20, 2014 8:15 AM

Dec 2013
Yes and no.

It has brilliant writing and is one of the best mystery series, BUT...

If you dislike the the art, characters or overall atmosphere then you should drop it because it doesn't change that much over time. It might even get boring at some points.
Nov 20, 2014 8:17 AM

May 2013
if you didn't like it after 5 eps, then i'd say stop. You need to watch 20 more to finish season 1 and then, season 2 is the really good one. I liked season 1 as well so it was easy for me but if you find it uninteresting, then i'd probably stop.
"A samurai doesn't need a reason to take action. If something needs saving, all you have to do is grab your sword"-Sakata Gintoki
Nov 20, 2014 8:39 AM
Nov 2013
The mystery aspect is nice, but I think that's all. So, for your question, no.
Nov 20, 2014 9:12 AM

Mar 2012
If you're a casual anime fan then yes.

P.S.
The only problem is the low budget animation, if you can`t stand it then drop it.
GridleyNov 20, 2014 9:35 AM
Do you play Azure Lane?
Then please join my fanclub
https://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=74907
Nov 20, 2014 9:17 AM

Nov 2012
Zeta986 said:
If your a casual anime fan then yes.

*you are

i wonder how the fuck people are confused with your and you're. its like elementary school grammar level :facepalm:
Nov 20, 2014 9:19 AM

Dec 2013
ninjastarforcex said:
Zeta986 said:

*you are

i wonder how the fuck people are confused with your and you're. its like elementary school grammar level :facepalm:

As a non english speaker:

It sound exactly the same and when you type very fast it happens, OR you genuinely don't what those two mean.
Nov 20, 2014 9:20 AM

Dec 2013
Yes, it does get better and a lot more interesting.
FragOutFire said:

Why am I a Berserk fan? All I ever experience is pain.

We are in the eclipse and Miura has sacrificed us
Nov 20, 2014 9:26 AM

May 2011
I personally love this anime, but it does get very boring at times.
I'm not the biggest fan of the art, but the story overall is decent.
Nov 20, 2014 9:34 AM

Nov 2012
robis798 said:
ninjastarforcex said:

*you are

It sound exactly the same and when you type very fast it happens, OR you genuinely don't what those two mean.

bullcrap, your and you're/you are sound very different, 1 and 2 syllable
Nov 20, 2014 10:28 AM

Aug 2014
I personally didn't like it very much, but it does get better later on.
Nov 20, 2014 10:35 AM

Dec 2013
ninjastarforcex said:
robis798 said:

When you pronounce it sounds kinda similar. But only when it is a shortened form you're.

Also, you did mistake too, lol
Nov 20, 2014 10:47 AM

Feb 2010
robis798 said:
ninjastarforcex said:

When you pronounce it sounds kinda similar. But only when it is a shortened form you're.

Also, you did mistake too, lol

your rhymes with core, you're rhymes with cure. Different pronounciation for sure in my experience.
I probably regret this post by now.
Nov 20, 2014 11:04 AM
Jul 2018
If you don't like it after two arcs, stop.
Nov 20, 2014 1:30 PM
Nov 2013
ninjastarforcex said:
Zeta986 said:

*you are

Probably a lot of people here learned english with movies, series and in internet forums (I did). Have you ever heard of Globish? This is what the world speaks, and is doing pretty good.
Nov 21, 2014 5:09 AM

Aug 2014
I really enjoyed but your mileage may vary.I found the second season to a bit like clannad after story in some weird way.

Anime is good, fucking deal with it.
Nov 30, 2014 2:00 AM
Feb 2014
If you can get past the simplistic animation, stick with it by all means! Understanding how the plot fits together between seasons 1 and 2 can be one of the more rewarding experiences you'll get from watching this.
Jan 2, 2015 8:18 PM

Dec 2014
ongchangye said:
If you can get past the simplistic animation, stick with it by all means! Understanding how the plot fits together between seasons 1 and 2 can be one of the more rewarding experiences you'll get from watching this.

^this.

I am on ep17 of the second season and its starting to pay off. If blood and gore is what you're looking for, then the second season doesn't have AS much. But it still does not disappoint. it answers a lot of the questions and its very rewarding. After a while you'll keep watching just to see if your theories are correct and crave to know the truth. All while torturing yourself trying to exercise self control to not look at the spoilers!

IMO
PROS: mind f*ck after mind f*ck
mystery
gore
horror
random insanity
intriguing
girls are somewhat cute
boy is cute too
Plot
Music
overall message or theme that is conveyed throughout the series; regarding friendship and loyalty.
Starting to get attached to the main characters in S2 because they share their back stories more.

CONS:
Chibi moments/"kawaii" silly scenes that don't fit well with this dark series
The unnatural bipolar actions, meaning after having a serious discussion, one of them will be 'cute' and the others all laugh together like someone didn't just die etc its awkward for the viewer and makes it hard to take them seriously.
Too much plot twists for the first season and only two burning questions out of 4 will be answered during S1. So its almost mandatory to watch the 2nd season to find out what is truly going on.
Keiichi makes dumb mistakes in S1. it frustrates the viewer.
nothing makes sense til ep13 of S1, and even then not a lot of info is given.
Please add something new to the Thread. If you are just going to agree with everyone else, and not add anything significant, Please do NOT re-post/re-word/repeat what someone else has said. I hate reading 9pgs of parrots and copycats. #BEORIGINAL
Jan 2, 2015 8:32 PM

Dec 2014
My advice to you... Marathon this series.
Marathning this series keeps your endurance high and it is more enjoyable when the info is fresh in your mind.
It took like 5days to finish S1 (i mean i do have a life.. lol) and S2 is going by even faster!
If blood, gore and mystery is what you want you've got the right anime!
Please add something new to the Thread. If you are just going to agree with everyone else, and not add anything significant, Please do NOT re-post/re-word/repeat what someone else has said. I hate reading 9pgs of parrots and copycats. #BEORIGINAL
Jun 15, 2016 5:33 PM
Jun 2016
I'll put it simply. Higurashi is adapted from a Visual Novel, in other words the storyline is intelligent, complex, and very rewarding for people who like to think about higher-order thinking concepts. If you just like watching stuff like Dragon Ball Super for sick fight scenes, or shows with heavy fanservice and girls with big boobs, you will find nothing to like by sticking with Higurashi.

If you want to experience a great piece of literature and learn something about what it means to defy fate and believe in unconditional love/friendship that can create miracles, watch the series and enjoy. Simple.

[size=1]Currently Playing/Loving:
Blast Corps
Twitch: [url=https://www.twitch.tv/vergible]vergible[url]
Jul 6, 2016 11:58 PM

May 2015
ninjastarforcex said:
Zeta986 said:

*you are

He used the right you're....

Dec 28, 2016 2:59 AM
Nov 2016
I too am having the same problem (kinda-)
I'm in the second season tho, and it feels a little too different from the first. I think you should keep watching and think about it in the second season. I really liked Shion's arc.
cuz
bludblud
Dec 28, 2016 12:53 PM

Oct 2016
Igazi said:
So I had a lot of people recommend this to me,and I after watching the first 5 episodes,while being kinda intrigued by the story,I didn't really got a lot into the anime and I don't know if it's going to get any better.Could you please tell me if it will improve and become more interesting later one?(Try not to spoil anything,just say if it gets better or not,no justification asked.)
NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO

More topics from this board

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Entropy - Sep 24, 2007

141 by benisgu »»
Apr 6, 2:03 PM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

protoman96 - Jul 5, 2007

166 by Vincentie »»
Mar 19, 4:48 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Entropy - Oct 1, 2007

216 by ghostgirl_ »»
Mar 14, 4:06 PM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Entropy - Sep 6, 2007

120 by benisgu »»
Mar 2, 8:38 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

LunarEmerald - Oct 29, 2007

100 by Drinzen »»
Feb 9, 4:05 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.