Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 9, 2009 1:10 AM

Apr 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Now this, was one very fun movie. The name alone sums it up. I came into the Big Battle OVA expecting a big battle and I sure as hell got a big battle. Couldn't really ask for anything more in a VOTOMs side-story such as this. The action: excellent. The animation: much better. The villain: batshit insane and loving it (those eyes!). The badassery: well it's off the damn charts, as always, what with Chirico scaling the battleship by hand and then facing off against Niva at the very top.

Don't know what else I can say that the one review on the information page has already mentioned ... just a nice action-packed treat after a great series.
Oct 24, 2011 5:47 PM

Nov 2007
I thought the big battle was amazing.
Extremely dynamic and well handled and directed, something happens every fifteen seconds, it was thrilling.
They are neither plants nor animals.
They differ from other forms of life such as the micro-organisms and the fungi. Instead they resemble the primeval body of life and are generally known as Mushi. Their existence and appearance are unknown to many and only a limited number of humans are aware of them.
Nov 12, 2011 3:53 PM

Jun 2010
Kind of dumb and simple-minded but when the picture's called "Big Battle" I guess I can't complain much about it not meeting expectations.
May 9, 2015 10:43 AM

Jul 2010
The huge blonde batshit crazy guy is the only villain that I've liked in VOTOMS so far.
Sep 5, 2019 6:28 PM

Jun 2014
This was a fun action-packed bit.

Niva was certainly a crazy killing machine, to the point that Ypsilon was tame in comparison. They all worked together to bring Niva and that ship down, although the ship did a lot of damage to the area.

Sep 13, 2022 6:53 PM
May 2018
Fronzel said:
Kind of dumb and simple-minded but when the picture's called "Big Battle" I guess I can't complain much about it not meeting expectations.

Agreed. This was incredibly underwhelming.
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.