Forum Settings
Forums

Shit Looks Glorious In 60 FPS. The Ultimate Guide To Watching Anime In 60 FPS.

New
Oct 15, 2014 7:32 AM

Jun 2011
http://puu.sh/bXEgJ.webm
This video was posted by King and it is a bit laggy, but when I use this trick on my PC it doesn't lag.

Want to experience the glorious 60 FPS mod when you watch anime, here's what you have to do:

1)Download Smooth Video Project here.
http://www.svp-team.com/
2) Follow this guide written by King, but don't forget to additionally install MADVR filter and Media Player Classic 32-bit which are included in the installer
http://rigory.com/forums/topic/1130-for-those-that-want-to-watch-movies-series-anime-media-in-general-with-epic-quality-guide-xd/
3)Follow my settings

Best settings for anime:
1)Launch SVP
2)Click on the SVP icon with the righ mouse button.
3)Choose Video Profile: 720p or 1080p and modify it.
4)Set SVP shader to 2 in your needed profile.
5)Launch Media Player Classic that was included in the installer. By default it's in SVP directory.
6)Press O and modify the output settings.
7)On DirectShow Video section choose MadVr.
8) On RealMedia Video and Quick Time video choose Video Mixing Render 9. Do this because you will be unable to view the subs, unless you do it.
9)Open your anime and enjoy this new experience.

If you get sick of it, just unistall it, because it could fuck up your codecs pretty badly on regular MPC. Simply unistalling it solves all the problems that it has caused.

If you want to watch movies or anime in 60 FPS you must have a decent CPU, mine supports up to 720p, 60 FPS at 1080p fails completely on my PC, the bigger the resolution, the more powerful PC you will need.
Oct 15, 2014 1:06 PM

Aug 2014
What's your CPU speed for reference? That does look pretty amazing but not sure how my computer compares, CPU I'm using is at about 3.0GHz.

Oct 15, 2014 1:41 PM

Jun 2011
-Haku said:
What's your CPU speed for reference? That does look pretty amazing but not sure how my computer compares, CPU I'm using is at about 3.0GHz.

It's i7 and it's a laptop.
So, it's a dual core. ranges from 1.8-3 GHz.
Oct 18, 2014 12:12 PM

May 2012
CPU - Video resolutions. Pick one.
You sure you're not refering to GPU?

Also, frame interpolation like it's explained on SVP-whatever.com seems very unlikely.

Seems to me (far from an expert on this matter) frames will be created by combining frames and smoothing them into eachother instead of creating a new frame with a new composition.

But I guess it could appear to be smoother.
Feel free to recommend me good romance (BL is fine!) or slices-of-life anime I haven't seen yet!
Oct 18, 2014 5:33 PM

Apr 2011
ArdenFolgore said:
-Haku said:

my i7 is quad core wtf
Oct 18, 2014 5:55 PM

Sep 2013
Is that video from an anime? Makes me want to want it XD... If anybody could... thanks. If not ill go onto a name that anime thing or something. too bad if it isn't.
Agree
Oct 19, 2014 1:39 AM

Jun 2011
Valaskjalf said:
ArdenFolgore said:

my i7 is quad core wtf

In my country we get the cheapest lower quality shit.
Oct 19, 2014 5:58 AM

Jan 2014
Valaskjalf said:
ArdenFolgore said:

my i7 is quad core wtf

intel marketing bullshits :)

Oct 19, 2014 7:57 PM
Aug 2013
MineralMining said:
Is that video from an anime? Makes me want to want it XD... If anybody could... thanks. If not ill go onto a name that anime thing or something. too bad if it isn't.
It's called Zankyou no Terror. It's from episode 4 and is about 19:28 into the episode. Hope that helps!
Oct 19, 2014 8:00 PM

Mar 2014
Any point in doing this if you have a tv with motion interpolation? I can't imagine this doing a better job than my tv, but I could be wrong.
Oct 25, 2014 11:49 PM

Sep 2013
Do you need to download the anime? If so im fucked because i never download anime .-.
Agree
Oct 28, 2014 8:17 PM

Dec 2013
The video is pretty smooth, but it does spike/lag in some parts where the movement was fast. IDK if that is due to the process or actual lag though.

Anyways, HD is good enough for me cause that seems like a huge pain to do (I don't DL or Torrent). Also, cause I have SSD's I don't like the idea of writing to disk for a little extra quality.
If I forget to reply feel free to drop a message or comment on my profile!
Oct 28, 2014 8:20 PM

Jan 2013
REKT said:
is this legit?

it speeds up the anime and ruins the intended presentation.
Oct 29, 2014 1:08 AM
Nov 2008
lol, anime is produced at 24fps this is major placebo
Oct 29, 2014 1:09 AM

Jan 2013
dity said:

nah it looks pretty cool, it just destroys the presentation
Oct 29, 2014 1:27 AM

Oct 2009
SolvitePriest said:
dity said:

THE CINEMATIC FEEL!
Oct 29, 2014 1:29 AM

Jan 2013
Gogetters said:
SolvitePriest said:

THE CINEMATIC FEEL!

no, it speeds up the runtime, cutting out a lot of shit and making everything off tempo.

it makes up for it by blurring everything in a cool way that looks awesome in AMVs, but shouldnt be in actual anime.

Anime running natively at 60 fps would be fine with me.

Im not a 24 fps purist, i just think speeding it up is stupid.
Oct 29, 2014 1:34 AM

Jul 2012
Oct 29, 2014 1:36 AM

Jan 2013
Battlechili1 said:
>FPS
I don't care

it makes a pretty cool effect.

Example:

Oct 29, 2014 1:51 AM

Jan 2014
I can only see this work properly with anime that are purposely made in 60fps, like Sidonia. Other than that it would break many, many 24fps produced anime, especially in action scenes with large amounts of visual effects. It still remains a guessing game for the video player to add in those extra 'inbetween' frames.
Oct 29, 2014 1:54 AM

Jan 2013
Yhuuro said:
I can only see this work properly with anime that are purposely made in 60fps, like Sidonia. Other than that it would break many, many 24fps produced anime, especially in action scenes with large amounts of visual effects. It still remains a guessing game for the video player to add in those extra 'inbetween' frames.

the fact that nobody will upload anything but "certain shots" and the CGI filled scene from the puush link makes me think it looks bad a lot of the time.

I mean nobody should be surprised that they got a CGI motorcycle scene to look good at 60 fps.

The wind on the 2d characters looked ridiculous because everything was sped up.
Oct 29, 2014 1:55 AM

Jan 2009
Yhuuro said:

believe it or not it works well with most anime especially low fps anime like sidonia or most 3DCG anime

the only reason im not using it regularly is because i only got a dual core processor so it lags at random times for me, you need at least a quad core processor for this heavy/intensive stuff
Oct 29, 2014 1:57 AM

Jan 2013
j0x said:
Yhuuro said:

believe it or not it works well with most anime especially low fps anime like sidonia or most 3DCG anime

the only reason im not using it regularly is because i only got a dual core processor so it lags at random times for me, you need at least a quad core processor for this heavy/intensive stuff

Thats because 3DCGI models are computer models and can be run at 60 fps without a difference.

You can run MGS5 at 60 fps too.

Surprising?
Oct 29, 2014 2:05 AM

Jan 2009
SolvitePriest said:
j0x said:

Thats because 3DCGI models are computer models and can be run at 60 fps without a difference.

Surprising?

i meant that 3DCG anime today have low framerate anyway so this motion interpolation thing helps to increase the framerate and smooth out the viewing experience
Oct 29, 2014 2:07 AM

Jan 2013
j0x said:
SolvitePriest said:

Surprising?

i meant that 3DCG anime today have low framerate anyway so this motion interpolation thing helps to increase the framerate and smooth out the viewing experience

yeah but its a 3d model so you can increase the fps without fucking it up.

2d doesnt work the same way
Oct 29, 2014 2:10 AM

Jan 2009
SolvitePriest said:
j0x said:

i know thats why motion interpolation fails on 2D scenes mostly i heard, but i never experience it on the short time i tried this SVP stuff
Oct 29, 2014 2:11 AM

Jan 2013
j0x said:
SolvitePriest said:

i know thats why motion interpolation fails on 2D scenes mostly i heard, but i never experience it on the short time i tried this SVP stuff

I heard it mostly fails on older mecha shows with 2d space animation.
Oct 29, 2014 2:28 AM

Jan 2009
SolvitePriest said:

I heard it mostly fails on older mecha shows with 2d space animation.

i can see why considering most older anime shows have horrible in-between animation so its harder to predict where to insert additional fake frames
Oct 29, 2014 4:57 PM

Mar 2013
FPS are importants on emulators
Oct 29, 2014 10:53 PM

Oct 2013
Just tried it on my F/Z BD. Damn was it glorious. It certainly provides an interesting way of rewatching anime.

The only flaw is that it works progressively worse the lower the resolution & the fewer the actual frames.

More topics from this board

» What videogame consoles do you own?

SnipeStrike - Apr 17

41 by eksratu »»
1 hour ago

» GTA V vs GTA IV

tectacles - May 2

11 by Horizon248 »»
1 hour ago

» Add "you little bitch" to a video game quote. ( 1 2 3 )

Kajiuran - Oct 20, 2023

146 by Kajiuran »»
3 hours ago

» What was the very first video game you ever played? As well your first game console?

Kazeninjaryu1 - Yesterday

14 by Horizon248 »»
8 hours ago

» Favorite gaming cover art?

_Nette_ - Apr 25

5 by DreamWindow »»
Today, 6:22 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.