Forum Settings
Forums
New
Oct 14, 2014 4:48 PM
Jul 2018
I think at the end of the story, it seems Kirino was justified because of what happened when she and Kyouske were children. And after all that happened, we know she is a true tsundere because she hides her feelings about her brother.

It was somewhat noticeable in the beginning of the anime but showed at the very end. But she still retained her tsundere qualities in the end.

What do you think about the whole thing? I think everyone's too harsh on Kirino.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Oct 16, 2014 2:39 AM
KDE Plasma

Jun 2012
I never thought about her being unfair towards Kyousuke. It was very hard for her to understand her own feelings.

Manami did a great job as bitch towards Kirino and she was the reason for the major chances in Kyousuke's behaviour. Also the way she talked to a very young kid (Kirino) that simply admires her big brother, was unacceptable.

But Manami was the main reason why the feelings of simply admiring turns over in truly love.

Kirino had an hard time and she was waiting for the brother she admired in the past. But he has changed , but tried his best to be a great big brother. Thats why Kirino could also start to open up her feelings towards her big brother.

If we can blame anyone then it would be Manami !
Oct 25, 2014 10:50 PM
Jul 2018
Cyanwasserstoff said:
I never thought about her being unfair towards Kyousuke. It was very hard for her to understand her own feelings.

Manami did a great job as bitch towards Kirino and she was the reason for the major chances in Kyousuke's behaviour. Also the way she talked to a very young kid (Kirino) that simply admires her big brother, was unacceptable.

But Manami was the main reason why the feelings of simply admiring turns over in truly love.

Kirino had an hard time and she was waiting for the brother she admired in the past. But he has changed , but tried his best to be a great big brother. Thats why Kirino could also start to open up her feelings towards her big brother.

If we can blame anyone then it would be Manami !

I went through the anime again and this is true. I honestly can't believe I didn't catch it the first time but yeah, Manami was surprisingly spiteful towards Kirino back when Kyousuke was "all that."

But I always had a hunch that Manami was too good to be true. She showed her true side in the OVA.

So I really did come to the conclusion that how Kirino acts is understandable. Manami took away all Kyousuke's determination and it devastated Kirino because she loves her big brother so much.

If only most of the internet understood this, lol.
Oct 31, 2014 7:15 PM

Jun 2011
The behavior she put towards kyousuke seem justifiable. In a way that said, "When you did your best you always looked for people to appraise you. But, when I started to become better because i wanted you appraise me, you just gave up and practically abounded me."

Pride between siblings seems always that the oldest should always be better, but when the younger ones become better at something. you somewhat start holding a grudge

She found a way to express her "forbidden" love by using eroge and pretending to be the main character. After years passed Kyousuke lost the admiration from her sister and became cold towards him.

I'm not sure if Kyousuke had the same feelings towards kirino since the beginning or it grew as he found out what games she was playing. Which it leads me to see the first season had a hot topic if virtual reality did in fact have an effect towards the person who is in it.
Nov 10, 2014 11:37 PM
KDE Plasma

Jun 2012
Kirino did admire Kyousuke in early childhood about his results in exams and also his results in sport festivals.

But after the events with Manami Kyousuke did change very much. He never did his best again and tried to be average. Manami did broke him.

It was very hard foir Kirino to accept that Kyousuke has changed in that way especially after she always tried to be better in school and sport as him.

She wanted to archive more attention from her brother, but the more she tried to be like him in the past the more Kyousuke distance himself from her.

Kirino did remember him about his own past that he wanted to forget. Thats why he keep even more distance from his little sister Kirino.

In fact both were keeping distance about different reasons.

Kirino's admiring for Kyousuke did change in to love for the old version from Kyousuke. But after she realised that Kyousuke still does care for her, she was falling in love again.
Nov 10, 2014 11:59 PM

Apr 2013
It should also be noted that lots of the "abuse" should not be taken seriously since it's a LN/manga/anime.

But don't be too harsh on Manami; she was kinda right for almost everything, Kyousuke did delude himself into thinking he was invincible and tried to do to much on his own. He tried not to think of his limits and the shocks of his failures became too much. It isn't Manami's fault that Kyousuke took Manami's knowledge of him not being a super human to become a lazy ass who strived to be as perfectly normal as possible. No person is perfectly normal and that was what Kyousuke tried to do.

And considering how Manami cares for everyone the most in the series (as in over all caring), we gotta realize that what she said was really out of love for the 2 siblings. She is willing to play a meaner role to make her point for the sake of the people she cares about. Heck, if Kyousuke and Kirino weren't related, she'd probably have supported them. Heck, I think the 2nd game showed her character perfectly (and it was shown through out the series) that she would do anything to make her loved ones look at the consequences.....

I mean, no matter what anyone says, Manami actually didn't give away Kirino and Kyousuke's relationship and in the end, allowed them to do their own thing, she just made them actually look at their relationship.

And Kirino was a better version of her image of the past Kyousuke. Kyousuke also didn't even know any of her achievements, but he was jealous of his "talented" sister who tried her best at everything. She over achieved and put in the hard work. She should be praised as a hardworking character that was able to accomplish a lot at the young age of 14.
deathmailrockNov 11, 2014 12:07 AM
Nov 11, 2014 12:11 AM
KDE Plasma

Jun 2012
In the Light Novel did happen an accident involving one of Kyousuke's classmates and Manami did use this accident to put him on her level.

Yeah, but the way Kirino tried her best did remember Kyousuke at his own past version. That was the problem.

Sure , Kirino wanted to be praised by her brother, but in fact it only made the distance between them even greater.
CyanwasserstoffNov 11, 2014 5:50 AM
Nov 11, 2014 1:37 PM

Apr 2013
Cyanwasserstoff said:
In the Light Novel did happen an accident involving one of Kyousuke's classmates and Manami did use this accident to put him on her level.

"Put him on her level"? No, she really just wanted him to realize that he was only human and not delude himself. Kyousuke and Kirino both thought of him as some super amazing super human that could do everything. He was just a normal human and it isn't like Manami was against Kyousuke trying his best or doing hard stuff, but if you look at the stuff, Kyousuke tried to do too much on his own and his views and Kirino's worship were not healthy and that Kyousuke needed to realize that sometimes, he might fail.

Kyousuke just took Manami's revelation too far and Kirino took Manami's truths worse more hatefully than they were.

Though based off of the short that the author wrote in an alternative universe where the cold war never happened, it could be inferred that Kyousuke and Kirino would have learned these truths about themselves on their own anyways, so Manami didn't need to say anything.....

But, it should be argued that Manami was a kid herself. She took Kirino's romantic interest as a kid too seriously and worded her stuff badly and she allowed Kyousuke to turn lazy when he realized that he wasn't as amazing as he thought.... but it can't really be helped since she herself was a kid. A kid would take another kids childishness a bit more seriously and as a kid, she didn't see as much of a problem from Kyousuke not over-achieving as long as he wasn't being stupidly reckless (and Manami wasn't shown to mind when Kyousuke actually had good reason to be reckless, like helping his sister or friends)
Nov 12, 2014 7:15 AM
KDE Plasma

Jun 2012
But it is also true that Manami never was able to be that clever or that good in sport than Kyousuke was in that time.
She was a kid , but also still older then Kirino. The way she fight with her, even if she was right at her statement, was not fair against someone that young . Kirino was there still in primary school.

It was in Manami's advantage that Kyousuke tried to be "normal" / average. That also would bring her closer to him.

Sure, the distance between the siblings did create the situation that both could fall in love with each other. In that way Manami did support what she tried to avoid.
If the distance had never happened Kirino and Kyousuke would never fall in love with each other. Thats correct.
Nov 18, 2014 10:53 PM

Apr 2013
1st off, you realize that Manami was not that much older than Kirino and your point about Manami not doing as well as Kyousuke has nothing to do with the situation.

Kyousuke WAS a normal person. She was just trying to make him less reckless. She was not trying to bring him down and was not trying to ruin his relationships or make him do worse. All she wanted to do was make him realize that he was not a super human.

Even Kyousuke in middle school noted that other kids were starting to catch up to him and he came to the realization that he just wanted to show off in front of Kirino.

Manami didn't want Kyousuke to do less or get worse grades. Btw, Manami actually has brains and was doing well in school, her only problem was that she had too much insight but lacked maturity. It was because of her lack of maturity that she did everything the wrong way. Her action was right, how she did it was wrong.

And I don't think the closeness would have changed, because Kyousuke was a normal human being. He was not some super human person. Sure, he might have been able to do really well in school and would have been a part of some athletics, but he himself wouldn't have been anything too special.

It should also be noted that Manami's points and everything she argued was not actually wrong and everything she did was really for everyone else. She showed the most selflessness out of everyone in the series and if she actually let everything stay the way it was, she probably would have been the one to date Kyousuke.

She had nothing to actually gain from Kyousuke not being reckless than the boy she liked to not be reckless. The only thing she tried to do to Kirino was keep her from getting into a relationship which could have harmed her future and she wanted Kirino to get along with Kyousuke.

Everything in the series she did was out of good intention and love, but she never took the choices away from them. She scolded them, gave them advice, and forced them to face reality, but she always allowed them to do what they wanted.

The "bringing down to her level" was fanon BS (which is common in fanon, Kirino haters use fanon BS all the time. Hate from the fandom is really untrustworthy). There is a bias clouding when people have hatred towards a character (true most of the time in anime/manga fandom). You realize that most of the hate that Kirino had for Manami was really the result of a misunderstanding and Manami would probably have supported them if they weren't blood related.
Mar 5, 2015 4:47 PM

Jul 2011
I had a huge reply explaining a lot of things, but I deleted it. To sum it up, I disagree with the person above. I believe Manami is a two-faced bitch, and it's no more "fanon bs" than the post above is.
tsuntsun >>> deredere
Mar 6, 2015 2:53 AM
KDE Plasma

Jun 2012
Yeah, I was surprised that your post did disappear
Mar 7, 2015 5:33 PM

Jul 2011
Yeah I'm sorry if you hated/liked the post xD, but it's not worth getting into arguments over, I kinda really want to discuss but don't want to argue at the same time. I have a lot going on in my head about the series these days, maybe I'll just write it on some blog or whatever, though I doubt anyone will read.
People's views vary so much it's weird. A lot of stuff that were blindingly obvious to me were the opposite of what some people saw in the series (in particular how I rarely take what the characters say at face value). It's kinda shocking to me the level of differences in this fandom, but it's human nature and all.
tsuntsun >>> deredere
Mar 8, 2015 1:09 AM
KDE Plasma

Jun 2012
@Spieluhr : That's not completely right, but the problem is that the important points they watch will be interprete from each person differently.

It is the most difficult thing in all media, the personal interpretation. Based on the own kind of experiences and the own kind of knowledge , it will always be different if you compare all the interpretations with each other.
Mar 9, 2015 3:37 PM

Jul 2011
Certainly, but Idk I think this series is much more polarizing than most, there's even stuff like: "Kirino is hateful" and I'm like wtf do you not know how tsunderes work?
Meh, nevermind, you see why I deleted the post.
tsuntsun >>> deredere
Mar 13, 2015 11:55 AM

Dec 2008
I just recently rewatched Season 1 after Season 2.

Some of the things said in Season 1 WITH the knowledge of Season 2's events really shocked me. They did a good job of setting up for a "You disliked her for this but this is the truth!". Rewatching S1 now you end up thinking stuff like "I know why she said THAT specifically there..." after she mumbles certain things, or her reaction to stuff involving Manami. You end up feeling really bad for Kirino even when she's overreacting.

My first watch of S1 I was kind of mad at her... But now when I see those scenes again I feel for her. It's not her fault. She could have been nicer of course but what Manami said to her as a child really did mess with her.
Mar 30, 2016 3:47 PM
Apr 2015
deathmailrock said:
It should also be noted that lots of the "abuse" should not be taken seriously since it's a LN/manga/anime.

But don't be too harsh on Manami; she was kinda right for almost everything, Kyousuke did delude himself into thinking he was invincible and tried to do to much on his own. He tried not to think of his limits and the shocks of his failures became too much. It isn't Manami's fault that Kyousuke took Manami's knowledge of him not being a super human to become a lazy ass who strived to be as perfectly normal as possible. No person is perfectly normal and that was what Kyousuke tried to do.

And considering how Manami cares for everyone the most in the series (as in over all caring), we gotta realize that what she said was really out of love for the 2 siblings. She is willing to play a meaner role to make her point for the sake of the people she cares about. Heck, if Kyousuke and Kirino weren't related, she'd probably have supported them. Heck, I think the 2nd game showed her character perfectly (and it was shown through out the series) that she would do anything to make her loved ones look at the consequences.....

I mean, no matter what anyone says, Manami actually didn't give away Kirino and Kyousuke's relationship and in the end, allowed them to do their own thing, she just made them actually look at their relationship.

And Kirino was a better version of her image of the past Kyousuke. Kyousuke also didn't even know any of her achievements, but he was jealous of his "talented" sister who tried her best at everything. She over achieved and put in the hard work. She should be praised as a hardworking character that was able to accomplish a lot at the young age of 14.
No, she disliked her for her hatred of her brother. This shit isn't love! She is trying to put down her brother for no fucking reason what so ever. Just because he felt good about himself in the past now means he is Hitler? Fuck you and your stupid meta-logic. It was completely unnecessary aggression that in no ways make here personality any better. I hope she dies.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» Oreimo 2nd discussion thread

Cyanwasserstoff - May 21, 2013

12 by NaaaniMasaka »»
Apr 9, 2018 4:23 AM

Poll: » Do you like Kirino as a romantic interest for Kousaka?

YamiNoOkami - Jun 14, 2013

10 by kagamine_rin99 »»
Jan 17, 2017 8:58 PM

» Kousaka Kirino: What's Your Defense?

removed-user - Dec 25, 2014

5 by Cyanwasserstoff »»
May 10, 2015 1:17 PM

» Oreimo Rewatch Discussion ( 1 2 )

Cyanwasserstoff - Jan 11, 2015

56 by Cyanwasserstoff »»
Mar 14, 2015 9:34 AM

» Why do you like Kirino?

Mugilicious - Jan 20, 2011

47 by removed-user »»
Nov 29, 2014 6:19 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.