Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Oct 3, 2014 2:00 AM

Jul 2007
BotatoPriest said:
As I said before, the VN medium is terrible. We get good stories like F/SN and S;G but good God is reading them a freaking chore at times <.<

They somehow make a 1 hour read turn into a 3 hours read. Which, to someone like me who is already slow, almost out weighs all of the positives of the medium.

For you,

Reading something as detailed as FSN is a cause to rejoice.
Oct 3, 2014 2:28 AM

Dec 2012
GangstaPriest said:
Ah, just realized you dropped /0 at episode 3. Ofc you wouldn't get to see much of his character in such a short time!

I think it's really confusing how much he looks like the other guy, couldn't tell them apart, just remembered one them looks older.

BotatoPriest said:
but good God is reading them a freaking chore at times <.<

Exactly.

*click click click click click*

Really annoying. I couldn't even complete Katwa Shoujo which from my understanding is an entry level VN, and doesn't have as much heavy text.
Oct 3, 2014 2:29 AM

Sep 2013
tsudecimo said:
GangstaPriest said:
Ah, just realized you dropped /0 at episode 3. Ofc you wouldn't get to see much of his character in such a short time!

I think it's really confusing how much he looks like the other guy, couldn't tell them apart, just remembered one them looks older.

BotatoPriest said:
but good God is reading them a freaking chore at times <.<

Exactly.

*click click click click click*

Really annoying. I couldn't even complete Katwa Shoujo which from my understanding is an entry level VN, and doesn't have as much heavy text.

Ever heard of auto read? It helps. A lot.
Oct 3, 2014 2:42 AM
Jul 2014
tsudecimo said:
GangstaPriest said:

I'm glad I wasn't the only person to have this problem at first...
I'M GONE NOW
Oct 3, 2014 2:53 AM

Jul 2013
SlothPriest said:
tsudecimo said:

I'm glad I wasn't the only person to have this problem at first...

I also had a hard time at first. That's why I was actually hesitant to watch it at first.
Deconstruction ≠ Darker & Edgier
Trope ≠ Cliché (Face it, nothing is completely original. Can't make something from nothing so to say.).
Fanservice ≠ Ecchi (Though ecchi can please the fans!)
Popular ≠ Sucks... maybe
Seinen = K-ON! Shounen, Shoujo, Seinen and Josei are demographics.
Anime/Manga = Japanese Cartoons! Deal with it.

Support Movember. Raise awareness of men's health issues. Put a mustache on your avatars or something...
Oct 3, 2014 3:10 AM

Nov 2013
CookingPriest said:
BotatoPriest said:
As I said before, the VN medium is terrible. We get good stories like F/SN and S;G but good God is reading them a freaking chore at times <.<

They somehow make a 1 hour read turn into a 3 hours read. Which, to someone like me who is already slow, almost out weighs all of the positives of the medium.

For you,

Reading something as detailed as FSN is a cause to rejoice.
I love the details.
That's not the problem; the details aren't what make this long. It's the way VNs work.

CorePriest said:
Not by much last I tried it tbh.
Oct 3, 2014 3:24 AM

Jul 2013
SlothPriest said:
tsudecimo said:
I didn't dislike him, I don't particular remember much about him, same with Saber, I just found them boring, and then dropped F/Z

What is yuetsu? is that the Japanese word for rejoice?
Nothing I can do about that, I guess. It's a shame but I guess I can't force you to finish it.

*Pleasure

http://zanmetsun.tumblr.com/post/24527034442/that-one-night-gilgamesh-kun-visited-kirei-kun

Oh god that was absolutely GLORIOUS

GLORIOUS

GLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRIIIIIIIIIIIOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Oct 3, 2014 3:31 AM

Jul 2013
MercifulPriest said:
SlothPriest said:
Nothing I can do about that, I guess. It's a shame but I guess I can't force you to finish it.

*Pleasure

http://zanmetsun.tumblr.com/post/24527034442/that-one-night-gilgamesh-kun-visited-kirei-kun

GLORIOUS

Didn't click before, but then reading your comment made me click it.

I regret not clicking it sooner.
Deconstruction ≠ Darker & Edgier
Trope ≠ Cliché (Face it, nothing is completely original. Can't make something from nothing so to say.).
Fanservice ≠ Ecchi (Though ecchi can please the fans!)
Popular ≠ Sucks... maybe
Seinen = K-ON! Shounen, Shoujo, Seinen and Josei are demographics.
Anime/Manga = Japanese Cartoons! Deal with it.

Support Movember. Raise awareness of men's health issues. Put a mustache on your avatars or something...
Oct 3, 2014 3:32 AM
Jul 2014
MercifulPriest said:
SlothPriest said:

*Pleasure

GLORIOUS

Still waiting for part 3 :'(
I'M GONE NOW
Oct 3, 2014 3:57 AM

Mar 2013
SlothPriest said:
He apparently gets a lot better in the Heaven's feel route (which I can't wait to get to).

HF is easily the best part with Kirei. One scene with him in there is particularly amazing... probably my favourite scene in the entire FSN series to be honest, or one of them at least (for those who have read it, you can probably guess which scene I'm referring to).

I certainly thought he was a good character outside of HF too, but HF made him far more awesome in my eyes. I really hope ufotable gets it right with those movies...
Oct 3, 2014 4:07 AM

Jul 2007
As retarded as beast's lair can sometimes be, this is pure gem:
Oct 3, 2014 4:08 AM

Nov 2013
Harlequina said:
SlothPriest said:
He apparently gets a lot better in the Heaven's feel route (which I can't wait to get to).

HF is easily the best part with Kirei. One scene with him in there is particularly amazing... probably my favourite scene in the entire FSN series to be honest, or one of them at least (for those who have read it, you can probably guess which scene I'm referring to).

I certainly thought he was a good character outside of HF too, but HF made him far more awesome in my eyes. I really hope ufotable gets it right with those movies...
Apparently the director for UBW is a Rin fan and the director for HF is a Sakura fan.

Meaning they will be competing against each other or something.

And considering UBW will drop while HF is still in pre-production, HF director can cheat see what was done right and do it better, also avoid any screw ups.

^ This is me trying to be optimistic about HF movie(s).

CookingPriest said:
Ah man, I need to learn how to play BINGO now.
Oct 3, 2014 4:10 AM
Jul 2014
CookingPriest said:
Well, Rin's nose is a little weird :S
I'M GONE NOW
Oct 3, 2014 4:11 AM

Jul 2007
BotatoPriest said:
Apparently the director for UBW is a Rin fan and the director for HF is a Sakura fan.

HF director is cherrylover?

I hope its wrong tbh. If they screw up Rin's awesomeness in HF i be mad. That's literally half the reason I will watch it.
Oct 3, 2014 4:11 AM

Sep 2013
BotatoPriest said:
CorePriest said:
Not by much last I tried it tbh.

Well, I don't have a problem with reading VNs and I adjusted the speed (too slow for me initially). It would annoy me too if I had to click every time, but I didn't have to, only when a choice came up obviously. Reading e-books nowadays doesn't feel very different to me. I think the VN genre just isn't suited to you.
Oct 3, 2014 4:12 AM

Jul 2007
Basically, generally, if you have no problems chewing through a decent-sized(200-300 page) book in a day or two, VNs should be no problem.
Oct 3, 2014 4:31 AM

Jul 2013
CookingPriest said:

...I get all of them except the blue lines one ._. What does that one mean.

Oct 3, 2014 4:35 AM

Jul 2007
MercifulPriest said:
CookingPriest said:

Oct 3, 2014 5:00 AM

Sep 2013
MercifulPriest said:
CookingPriest said:

Oct 3, 2014 5:09 AM

May 2014
CookingPriest said:
MercifulPriest said:

Oh jolly, if anyone actually complains about that..

This could being the worst adaptation of all time but i'd probably still achieve Yuetsu, i just want to see ufotable do some of these scenes.
Oct 3, 2014 5:28 AM

May 2014
CorePriest said:
MercifulPriest said:

I take it all back
Oct 3, 2014 6:36 AM
Sep 2012
Inu is a priceless gem within the community.
ahncgj21Oct 3, 2014 6:43 AM
Oct 3, 2014 6:48 AM
Nov 2013
JunePriest said:
Inu is a priceless gem within the community.

Too much cross-contamination is a bad thing, June.
Oct 3, 2014 6:59 AM

Sep 2008
CookingPriest said:

How does one play this...i need to know the rules
Oct 3, 2014 9:51 AM

Aug 2009
If you can click through hundreds of pages while reading manga the VN should be way easier.
Oct 3, 2014 9:56 AM

Jul 2007
FakePriest said:
If you can click through hundreds of pages while reading manga the VN should be way easier.

Well unless you are reading a VERY GOOD manga(or are VERY GOOD at reading manga), hundreds of pages usually contain nothing but pictures you skip only then to complain about asspulls that totally are not because you missed foreshadowing

I seen way too many people miss the point of shirou's monologues in fate route and take what he says to others(which is 99% of time a lie or a mask) at face value.
Oct 3, 2014 10:15 AM

Oct 2014
your implying that fate has deeper story than face value
"I'm already a demon," said the spider to the fly.
Oct 3, 2014 10:16 AM

Aug 2009
TechPriest said:
your implying that fate has deeper story than face value
Yes.
Oct 3, 2014 10:21 AM

Oct 2014
theres the usual harem trappings too I suppose

gotta fill that tsundere and loli quota
Oct 3, 2014 10:22 AM

Aug 2009
TechPriest said:
theres the usual harem trappings too I suppose

gotta fill that tsundere and loli quota

Oct 3, 2014 10:35 AM

Oct 2014
InsertPriestHere said:
It does.

your statement has about the same depth as the story itself
Oct 3, 2014 11:08 AM
Oct 2014
At least we can assume that they wont treat Sakura like a blithering idiot or a joke character finally.
Oct 3, 2014 11:08 AM

Dec 2013
They're kinda scary imo
FragOutFire said:

Why am I a Berserk fan? All I ever experience is pain.

We are in the eclipse and Miura has sacrificed us
Oct 3, 2014 11:10 AM
Sep 2012
Cherry_LoVer said:
At least we can assume that they wont treat Sakura like a blithering idiot or a joke character finally.
Why would they do such a thing? Sakura is DEFINED by her comical edginess.
Oct 3, 2014 11:16 AM
Oct 2014
JunePriest said:
Cherry_LoVer said:

She isnt "definied" by anything of the sort. She's an important character who probably cares about the protagonist more than anyone else.
Oct 3, 2014 11:22 AM
Sep 2012
Cherry_LoVer said:
JunePriest said:

She isnt "definied" by anything of the sort. She's an important character who probably cares about the protagonist more than anyone else.
Indeed, she loved him so much that she wanted him to put himself through even more harm just to sate her ego, what a fine gal!

ahncgj21Oct 3, 2014 11:56 AM
Oct 3, 2014 11:22 AM

Sep 2013
That's the last thing I wanted. Endless discussions about Sakura and her importance. Please go on, June, I am amused.
Oct 3, 2014 11:26 AM
Jul 2014
Cherry_LoVer said:
JunePriest said:

Is this the notorious Sakura fanboy you guys were talking about?
I'M GONE NOW
Oct 3, 2014 11:26 AM
Oct 2014
JunePriest said:
Cherry_LoVer said:

Indeed Mike, she loved him so much that she wanted him to put himself through even more harm just to sate her ego, what a fine gal!

She was coming to terms with the guilt of her new found freedom that Shirou was fighting to give her. By the time of Hollow Ataraxia, her true self is able to shine through and she loves him unconditionally.
Oct 3, 2014 11:27 AM
Sep 2012
SlothPriest said:
Cherry_LoVer said:

Is this the notorious Sakura fanboy you guys were talking about?
Cherry_LoVer-sama is love, Cherry_LoVer-sama is life.
Oct 3, 2014 11:28 AM

Sep 2008
Is the importance of sakura STILL going on to this day? haven't we all concluded she isn't of any importance and is only there to make illya and mainly Kotomine look better?
Oct 3, 2014 11:30 AM
Sep 2012
Cherry_LoVer said:
JunePriest said:
Indeed Mike, she loved him so much that she wanted him to put himself through even more harm just to sate her ego, what a fine gal!

She was coming to terms with the guilt of her new found freedom that Shirou was fighting to give her. By the time of Hollow Ataraxia, her true self is able to shine through and she loves him unconditionally.
>Hollow Ataraxia

External material, oh wow.

TheUnknownMerc said:
Is the importance of sakura STILL going on to this day? haven't we all concluded she isn't of any importance and is only there to make illya and mainly Kotomine look better?
It's good to see a sensible guy like you around, I agree.
Oct 3, 2014 11:31 AM
Oct 2014
TheUnknownMerc said:

That's complete bollocks. She wouldnt have gotten her own route if that was the case. Illya didnt get one, and Heavens Feel is the longest, most interesting route out of the three.
Oct 3, 2014 11:31 AM

Jul 2007
is relevant beyond cheap depression-building?

You learn something new everyday~

Also we ALL know that HF is Illya route.
is there for the sake of being pounded upon, in this case figuratively

AhenshihaelOct 3, 2014 11:38 AM
Oct 3, 2014 11:32 AM
Oct 2014
JunePriest said:

External material, oh wow.

I've read the translated scenes and seen the pictures. Hell, I've even posted some of the pictures myself.
Oct 3, 2014 11:32 AM

Feb 2014
and here we go again...
Oct 3, 2014 11:33 AM
Sep 2012
Cherry_LoVer said:
TheUnknownMerc said:

That's complete bollocks. She wouldnt have gotten her own route if that was the case. Illya didnt get one, and Heavens Feel is the longest, most interesting route out of the three.
Funny thing is Illya is pretty much the heroine
Oct 3, 2014 11:34 AM
Jul 2014
CookingPriest said:
is relevant beyond cheap depression-building?

You learn something new everyday~

Also we ALL know that HF is Illya route.
is there for the sake of being pounded upon, in this case figuratively.
lol
I'M GONE NOW
Oct 3, 2014 11:35 AM
Oct 2014
JunePriest said:
Cherry_LoVer said:

Funny thing is Illya is pretty much the heroine, we actually see her relationship with Shirou develop and who is the one who pretty much saves everyone's ass at the conclusion of HF? Cause it sure as hell wasn't Ms. Damsel in Distress.

Well, it was Rider who took over helping Shirou fight. Illya just popped in at the end to wrap up the story.
Oct 3, 2014 11:36 AM
Sep 2012
Cherry_LoVer said:
JunePriest said:
Funny thing is Illya is pretty much the heroine, we actually see her relationship with Shirou develop and who is the one who pretty much saves everyone's ass at the conclusion of HF? Cause it sure as hell wasn't Ms. Damsel in Distress.

Well, it was Rider who took over helping Shirou fight. Illya just popped in at the end to wrap up the story.
Rider isn't even a character though, it's sure as hell that Nasu didn't know what to do with the gal.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 25, 2014

1042 by Alice_Huxley »»
Feb 13, 4:23 PM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 18, 2014

856 by Alice_Huxley »»
Feb 13, 3:14 PM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 27, 2014

2751 by keynutil »»
Jan 29, 9:06 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 20, 2014

903 by keynutil »»
Jan 29, 5:00 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 13, 2014

1630 by SanessyAdversary »»
Jan 19, 12:54 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.