Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 2 [3]
Oct 9, 2014 4:15 AM

Sep 2014
pikalatte said:

On a side note though, I really want to be refreshed with Futaba's life at home, family, ya what like what the heck else she does since she is a protagonist. Even though that'd possibly add more frustration and drama, I'd really like to know what she's like behind school doors, alone, besides her fierce outgoing aura and love life. A nice chapter heaving off the drama would be gr9

Omg, I want that too! I think the character of Futaba need more development in terms of her background! But we stopped in the indecision of Futaba so... maybe.... maybe she will slap on the butt in Touma eheh *dreaming*
Marta_Osuwari
Oct 14, 2014 1:04 AM

Jan 2012
First off, I used to like Kou+Futaba but overtime I got really pissed with Kou and ended up really favoring Touma when he eased his way into Futaba's life. All this hate against Touma is really intriguing me. For those who say he's selfish, pushy, and manipulative...he didn't come across that way to me...Imagine if someone you are going out with used to have strong feelings for some one else (and they're hanging out together still) ... it would be understandable that you would feel very paranoid, pushy, and possessive. It's a nightmare. I respect everyone's opinion but I can't see anyone acting any other way. Kou even acts like that when Futaba and Touma are dating. I mean, she IS dating someone. He shouldn't be making her feel guilty either or trying to STEAL her back when she's dating someone that makes her happy. That's selfish. It just pushes her farther away from him. It depresses her. Kou does seem manipulative most of the time when Touma and Futaba are dating. He is the one really being selfish. He trying to take back someone he straight out rejected and cast aside. He shouldn't have even rejected her in the first place if he had feelings for her. It's like he assumed she was going to wait for him or something???
I really wanted him and Futaba to be together but I felt like he was twiddling his thumbs throughout the manga---not even making an effort...Really, he should have be honest with her about his feelings before someone else came in.
Honestly, the real problem with Kou was/is that he was/is waaaaayyyy too slow like Murao said. Kominato even warned him... Sure he was going through issues but someone else is going to come in sooner or later and notice Futaba. Touma was that person. He made her feel special when Kou left her feeling like a dejected "loser". Sometimes you need to fight for what you want. Touma knew what he wanted from the beginning (and I personally find that to be pretty admirable) and he respected her. I personally think Touma is better for her. It's in his personality. He's so encouraging, earnest, and kind.
...AND He's so good for her self-esteem too----telling her that having an appetite is good, that it's good to be weak and strong, that she is fine the way she is....heck, his smiles perk her up! (As well as me and probably everyone else!)
Don't get me wrong. Kou's not a bad guy. He's just feels too wishy washy and isn't doing anything really to get close to Futaba. I really was waiting for that (and it took competition to get him to move -_- ) Kominato even said that Kou won't do anything unless he has an easy path ahead. This is the reason Kou is frustrating. It takes Touma to really make him move an inch and that's not right. Making a move just because you're afraid of losing someone to someone else is not really right. It's pretty sad in Kou's case. I mean he DOES like her. (---What the hell are you doing?) It seems like he just tossed her to the side with Nanami because he felt Nanami was more important and even if there was nothing between him and Nanami, he should have told Futaba from the beginning. There would be no misunderstandings and I'm sure she would have understood completely but no, he leaves her hanging and she ends up thinking that he cares more about Nanami which leads to complications and her feeling completely awful....Are you going to have her wait forever for you???
Sorry this is sooooo painfully long -_- ... I just feel I had to vent. Does anyone else feel like this or I am just insane?
I love Kou and want to see him happy after all the crap he's been through...it's just I feel he waited too long and the way Kou's acting...he feels like he trying to force Futaba to like him again by being obvious and "cute" around her. It's feels like he's just manipulating her, acting just a sore loser and wants her back...
I feel like Futaba deserves someone that doesn't put her down no matter what. She deserves someone like Touma. Heck, every person deserves someone sweet, honest, and straightforward that cares enough to strive to be with you. I hope Futaba and Touma end up together.
<3
---To those who read this, please don't hate on me. It's just how I feel. I respect everyone's opinions. I just wanted to voice mine too---
MaarohhOct 14, 2014 1:41 AM

Oct 14, 2014 3:03 AM

Sep 2008
I think lot of Touma fans like him, because they are simillar to him.

Futaba doesn't like Touma in romantic way,
from start she tell him that she don't see him in that way,
but he forced her to be with him.

Touma can be sweet, cute, nice and honest and be better pick for Futaba than Kou for some fans, but Futaba doesn't love Touma, no matter how nice, good, honest, sweet, cute he can be, she love Kou with all his flaws.

Futaba can be herself when she is with Kou when she was with Touma,
she played good girlfriend for him, because "she don't want hurt him, she don't want give him bad memories".

If some fans really love Touma, then why don't want Touma to break up with Futaba and find girl who will love him from all her heart?
Or maybe they are just selfish as Touma and only think "he love her, he is nice and honest so Futaba must be with him, we don't care that Futaba doesn't love him".

Because, it is better for Futaba to still with guy she doesn't love and still force herself to start like him, because "is too late" to be with guy she truly loves and he loves her too.

In real life they think such things are good?
They support such thing in real life or maybe this is only anime/manga exception?
Oct 14, 2014 5:56 AM

Nov 2012
Angel_Rosenkreuz said:
All this hate against Touma is really intriguing me. For those who say he's selfish, pushy, and manipulative...he didn't come across that way to me...Imagine if someone you are going out with used to have strong feelings for some one else (and they're hanging out together still) ... it would be understandable that you would feel very paranoid, pushy, and possessive. It's a nightmare. I respect everyone's opinion but I can't see anyone acting any other way. Kou even acts like that when Futaba and Touma are dating. I mean, she IS dating someone.

Well, I think I am reading a different manga. I don't quite get any of what you said.
To start, they were not even dating when Touma started with his jealousy fits. I mean, that was the whole reason he end up pushing her to date him. The nice and sweet guy who cares for her feelings couldn't wait anymore. And don't tell me he didn't push her to date him cause he said it himself. And just to avoid me the trouble of explaining why it was his jealousy, just read that chapter again and you will see again that he got jealous when he saw them talking in the classroom and later on that day he mysteriously said he couldn't wait anymore.

Ok, She is dating someone, but isn't it even worse that Touma knew she loved someone, but still push her to date him. She agreed to date him, but that didn't mean that her feelings were going to change.

From what I understood, you are implying Kou has been jealous. Well, just take a good look of his jealousy and compared it to Touma's jealousy. Kou is trying to take her back cause he knows she still loves him or at least he is still hoping she still loves him. Don't just take my words, just reread this chapter, he asked her if there is really nothing left of him in her. He has made it clear, it will be Futaba's choice at the end and he will respect it. On the other hand, Touma's jealousy, he get jealous of stupid things cause he fears she still loves Kou, and unlike Kou he has never said it will be her choice, but rather he will win cause he is better. I mean, in the chapter he admitted he had been a bit pushy, why wouldn't that nice guy who cares for her feelings give her break to sort out her feelings (Sure the stolen kiss and bear hug was clearly the best choice).

Angel_Rosenkreuz said:

He shouldn't be making her feel guilty either or trying to STEAL her back when she's dating someone that makes her happy. That's selfish. It just pushes her farther away from him. It depresses her. Kou does seem manipulative most of the time when Touma and Futaba are dating. He is the one really being selfish. He trying to take back someone he straight out rejected and cast aside.

Let's see,
To start, is she really happy with Touma??..... Ever since they started dating all I have seem is Futaba trying to make him happy, but not the other way around. Touma has been way too busy, starting and losing arguments with Kou. The only happy moments of Touma and Futaba, stolen kisses and bear hugs, how nice and sweet.
Ok, so Kou is making her feel guilty and depress because she can't love the other guy and is still in love with him. Yeah, you are right, that must be a serious crime, he should get the dead penalty.
Touma, on the other hand, by forcing her to date him and keeping that relationship, he is making her feel guilty/depress of not loving him back , but he must be rewarded, and she must still be with him regardless.
So taking back a girl that loves you is bad, but not letting go of a girl that doesn't love you is good, interesting........

Angel_Rosenkreuz said:

...AND He's so good for her self-esteem too-

hilarious that you mention that, but Touma is the one who needs it the most I would think. I mean the guy knows she is still loves the other guy, but doesn't care as long as she is with him.
And actually, sure Futaba needs some self esteem, and she should think a little more about what she really wants instead of keep trying to be the good girlfriend out of obligation.

Anyway, I could go on and on............But whatever......

Actually, for those who like Touma, aren't you guys neglecting Kominato, he is basically the same, but not pushy. It would be hilarious, if you prefer Kou's brother instead of him.
jose21Oct 15, 2014 1:46 AM
Oct 14, 2014 9:49 PM

Jul 2013
That was an excellent post Jose21. Really gets at the finer points as to why it "might" seem like Touma is good for her over Kou on the surface, but in reality he just isn't. She has never shown any actual "love" feelings for him. All she is doing is trying her best to be a good girl friend. Like with how she was with her "friends" at the start of the manga, its basically the same thing just with a guy instead of girls. That is what is kinda disappointing about her character, that she still gets influenced and pushed to a high degree of what other people want/think.
Oct 15, 2014 10:55 PM

Jul 2010
Aerensianic said:
That was an excellent post Jose21. Really gets at the finer points as to why it "might" seem like Touma is good for her over Kou on the surface, but in reality he just isn't. She has never shown any actual "love" feelings for him. All she is doing is trying her best to be a good girl friend. Like with how she was with her "friends" at the start of the manga, its basically the same thing just with a guy instead of girls. That is what is kinda disappointing about her character, that she still gets influenced and pushed to a high degree of what other people want/think.

I agree that Jose21's post was excellent, but yours brings up something that I think the author was really pointing at and most people have missed. Her way of dealing with Touma is exactly the way whe was with her friends in name only from the beginning of the manga. Touma is a boyfriend in name only. She has never actually told him that she likes him. She has never initiated a kiss or, for that matter, any physical contact with him. Every time he kisses her it looks like she just bit into something that tastes rancid.

Touma said, even before he asked her out, that going after her so soon after she was rejected by Kou was a cruel thing to do to her. She was vulnerable and he took advantage of that vulnerability to try to make her his. He failed. She realizes now that she not only still loves Kou, but she still wants to love Kou. She doesn't want her love for him to leave her heart the way his scent left the scarf in the washing machine. Luckily for her, Touma's love is much weaker than a washing machine. It doesn't have a spin cycle or a wash cycle, there will be no "tumble" (dry) with him after the wash. All his love machine had was a rinse lightly and bear hug cycle.

Interestingly, I expect that Hirunaka no Ryuusei readers who are sensei shippers [tangentially related rant in spoiler block]
[/i][end of tangentially related rant.][/i]

So, yeah. In some situations a guy like Touma might be the right choice, but not in Ao Haru Ride!
Oct 16, 2014 2:50 PM

Feb 2011
yes that are some stuff messesd up but u have to understand,Futaba is just a teen, just like me or you aand, more on this age, we do a loooooooooooot of mistakes and we can't even read our own heart sometimes.. so don't call her things and think first..
Oct 16, 2014 3:38 PM
Sep 2014
jose21 thats what I been telling my sister!! she still thinks touma good..he got her when she was weak and she said yes. but she knew she was in love with kou. I'm not saying Touma didnt like her, the way he was playing his cards almost seems like he was trying to not let the same thing happen, that happen to him in the pass. Like he experimented with her in a way. With the affection she showed kou and even telling Touma even after she been hurt she still needs time and he pushes anyway cause he knows shes weak. then runs up on kou a lot..its strange cause Touma was suppose to be looked at as kind of a weak person. But doesn't seem like that when it comes to trying to keep her by his side at all. So hes like never again forever alone kind of thing going on. the thing to look at is kou had so much closed luggage on his back that it took alot to get off.. get over his moms death.get this one girl off his back that keeps reminding him of the pass and make it clear again that its nothing. then in that part putting fu on hold come back to fu ..fu has a man ..oh damn..kou grows up more trys to get fu back ..to me i side with kou
Jan 13, 2015 11:27 AM

Oct 2009
Go Kou! Go! Go! Go!
You're just jealous because the voices only talk to me
Feb 7, 2015 6:17 AM

Jan 2013
Futaba was called bitch uh.
Well... wasn't expecting that one.
Mar 14, 2015 6:31 AM

May 2014
This chapter was very annoying... Im not sure if it was because of Kou being so desperate or because of Futaba not accepting her feelings but it really pissed me off.
May 8, 2015 8:29 PM

Jan 2014
Who's this Syun-kun, dafaq
Dec 19, 2015 12:36 PM

May 2013
Man, y'all obviously do not have much experience with love if you think Futaba is annoying or dumb about her feelings. Everything is damn complicated and when you're in love and you get fucked over and then you fall in love again, it's just very hard. Love also makes people blind. None of us are in love with Kikku or Kou so we can see things easily. Haven't you EVER been in a relationship where you just hold onto the person for dear life and they just toy with you? In Futaba's case with Kou, things were on and off a lot and there were plenty of misunderstandings. You're going to get confused and beaten down and tired and hurt and through it all, see it with blind eyes. She's not "faking her emotions." She's just choosing the person who seemed kinder-- that treated her well and wasn't making her go on crazy roller coaster rides. Kikku, even though he was too pushy at the beginning on convincing Futaba to date him, tried to be there for her 100% and was never ever cold to Futaba, you know? She's dating him and trying her very best because she does think that she loves him and give up on the past love that wasn't as promising. Y'all need to lay off our heroine. Geez. Cut her some slack. She's only loved TWO guys. You can't blame her for being dense.
Kokoro_KotashimaDec 19, 2015 2:34 PM
Dec 30, 2015 8:46 PM

Jan 2015
Is she choosing Kou :O ;)))))))))))))
Jul 8, 2016 11:29 PM

Feb 2013
Futaba, are you changing your mind?
Aug 4, 2019 3:47 PM

Mar 2018
Yes Futaba was a slut for a long time.Just think about it, how many days it has been since she started going out with Touma?10-15 days max.In this span of days, she hold hands with him(which is normal, almost every highschooler does that in that span probably), she let him embrace her many times, she let him kiss her many times, she went out to roof in the middle of the night with a guy she only started dating for fucksake.I've seen hentais with slower pace than this.

And she doesn't even like him!Imagine what would she do if she was in love with him?(LMFAO)

She is one of the most(if not "the") disgusting characters I've ever seen.
Νεχ ποσσυμ τεχυμ ωιωερε, νεχ σινε τε.
Mar 19, 2022 8:12 PM

Apr 2020
Laid-back said:
Yes Futaba was a slut for a long time.Just think about it, how many days it has been since she started going out with Touma?10-15 days max.In this span of days, she hold hands with him(which is normal, almost every highschooler does that in that span probably), she let him embrace her many times, she let him kiss her many times, she went out to roof in the middle of the night with a guy she only started dating for fucksake.I've seen hentais with slower pace than this.

And she doesn't even like him!Imagine what would she do if she was in love with him?(LMFAO)

Its not 10-15 days. Its been many months. They had vacations and holidays and school trips and final exam. Are we reading the same manga?
water
Jun 26, 2022 8:32 AM
Jul 2019
Foresworn said:

He manipulated Futaba, pressured her into a relationship whilst she was vulnerable, purposely rushed her after he saw Kou making a move and in the crowd. Futaba did absolutely nothing wrong except getting guily tripped by a guy who calls himself the nice guy and asked what's so good about Kou. Him and Narumi were genuinely the worst
Pages (2) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ao Haru Ride Chapter 49 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

LittleStar - Feb 11, 2015

107 by Rhaelynne »»
Mar 8, 5:59 PM

Poll: » Ao Haru Ride Chapter 45 Discussion ( 1 2 )

LittleStar - Oct 11, 2014

98 by CoomSlayer69 »»
Oct 15, 2023 8:32 AM

Poll: » Ao Haru Ride Chapter 23 Discussion

blue-y - Nov 8, 2012

39 by hydumpling »»
Jul 18, 2023 3:09 PM

Poll: » Ao Haru Ride Chapter 21 Discussion ( 1 2 )

LittleStar - Sep 8, 2012

65 by hydumpling »»
Jul 18, 2023 2:38 PM

Poll: » Ao Haru Ride Chapter 46 Discussion ( 1 2 )

LittleStar - Nov 10, 2014

99 by minnaslay127 »»
Jun 4, 2023 9:48 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.